Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 257
Re: Keith Richards Announces New Solo LP 'Crosseyed Heart'
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 9, 2015 17:48

I'd pre-order it now if I could find it! Nothing on amazon or keithrichards.com as of yet. No worries. All in good time.

Sad though as, after all the talk of "I'm going to wait to release it until the Stones are finished" makes me wonder "how finished" the Stones will be in September. Hopefully just finished for a window big enough for Keith to believe that he won't be interfering with any Stones activities.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 9, 2015 17:51

Nice one, Keith - looking forward to it!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:22

Wishing him a smashing success and some great music for us to enjoy.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:24

best stones news in years.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:30

Very much looking forward to this!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 9, 2015 18:59

jlowe
I wonder how long it took to record?

Good question. I think I've read they may have had started some from years back -- which means there's also a possibility there could be some Bobby Keys on it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 18:59 by LeonidP.

Date: July 9, 2015 19:01

LeonidP
jlowe
I wonder how long it took to record?

Good question. I think I've read they may have had started some from years back -- which means there's also a possibility there could be some Bobby Keys on it!

it explicitly says there are tracks with bobby on them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:04

About the Stones recording a new record, "I'd like to see just how far they can evolve. I have no demands or particular visions for them, but you're just part of this thing and I want to see how far it will go."

Why doesn't Keith have demands or any visions for what the Stones can do? Why not?

At least he finally did a solo record. Looking forward to it.

Date: July 9, 2015 19:09

GasLightStreet
About the Stones recording a new record, "I'd like to see just how far they can evolve. I have no demands or particular visions for them, but you're just part of this thing and I want to see how far it will go."

Why doesn't Keith have demands or any visions for what the Stones can do? Why not?

i had a similar reaction. he clearly does not feel inclined to take a leadership role... he is talking more like he is along for the ride... almost something i would have expected a brian or ronnie to have said.

i don't really mind though a keith solo record is the best news since they announced the 50 and counting tour!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:11

GasLightStreet

I think those demands and visions are all pretty much reduced to live performances of the songs created when he and Mick were on the same page musically. Both probably feel they are just not the best collaborators to give life to each others compositions these days.

I too am looking forward to this record. I will listen with an open mind but it might be difficult not to hear stuff and think "Hey that could have been a great Stones tune!"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:26

GasLightStreet

He's learnt that Mick is not one to be demanded of..................and visions, true and meaningful ones at least as opposed to contrived laboured nonsense don't come on demand either........if he hasn't got a vision it's because one hasn't come his way that he can 'grab' out of the ether.....

As keith himself said, "those songs (+ visions) are just floating about and I've been lucky in that I've been able to be a conduit for many fine ones"........

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:31

Great news although it comes a bit "close" to the current Stones tour, can't imagine the hissy fit Keith would have if Mick announced a solo album while the Stones are touring...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:49

barbabang
Excellent news! I hope there is enough space in the album to put in One More Shot.

Agree. It's nice to finally have a release date and the single is a rock track!! Crosseyed Heart, great title.....

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 9, 2015 19:57

Hum, not for AC/DC if the january Tour is confirmed... winking smiley

dcba
So that means the SA tour won't happen...? In a way that's not really surprising, Venezuela is in the toilet, Brazil still recovers from the World Cup and faces the 2016 O-Games and and Argentina's back to the Menem years. confused smiley
With the 3 main markets in dire straits it's hard to build a SA tour.

Anyway, Spooner Oldham and Larry Campbell : that's very promising! Now we want A BUNCH OF SHOWS!!!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 9, 2015 19:58

Maindefender
barbabang
Excellent news! I hope there is enough space in the album to put in One More Shot.

Agree. It's nice to finally have a release date and the single is a rock track!! Crosseyed Heart, great title.....

I wonder if the title is the name of one of the tracks? It certainly is a good metaphor for a heart that is blind or seeing double but I have always thought Keith's was a bit clearer, worn right on his sleeve for everyone to see and pretty singular in it's path. I guess the release will give us more of a clue what this cross eyed heart is all about.

Date: July 9, 2015 20:00

Great, I love Talk Is Cheap, Live at the Hollywood Palladium (the greatest Happy version ever IMO) and Main Offender smiling smiley

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:02

Great news. I saw the Winos last time and would love to see them again

Date: July 9, 2015 20:32

keith - sign me up for coming to see you if you tour. just tell me when and where.

we can send direct messages to the band like this, yes?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:37

powerage78
Great, I love Talk Is Cheap, Live at the Hollywood Palladium (the greatest Happy version ever IMO) and Main Offender smiling smiley

Same here..thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:47

with first single "Trouble" set for release July 17th

Great way to celebrate my B-day - with lots of Trouble!

I'm really looking forward to this after all disappointing Stones drek over the years.
No offense to Mick, but Keith will set the record straight (once again) as to who is the true mastermind regarding Stones music.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:51

Naturalust
Maindefender
barbabang

I wonder if the title is the name of one of the tracks? It certainly is a good metaphor for a heart that is blind or seeing double but I have always thought Keith's was a bit clearer, worn right on his sleeve for everyone to see and pretty singular in it's path. I guess the release will give us more of a clue what this cross eyed heart is all about.

Paul Westerberg kind of beat him to it with his song "Dyslexic Heart" from ... what was it? The soundtrack of the movie "Singles"? I doubt Keith remembers that, though, if he ever heard it in the first place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 20:53 by Mel Belli.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 9, 2015 20:56

I would love to see a couple of solo shows, I'm tired of hearing him sing Happy, Before They Make Me Run, etc during the last 4 years.

Date: July 9, 2015 20:58

i would love it if keith invited mick taylor to tour with him.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:02

Turner68

amen

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:27

corriecas
Great Great news, to start before i start working in the evening.
Come on keef !!!

and hopefully, the Stones will do some new recording.

To be honest, cant wait for some keef Gigs !!!

sorry about south america.

but i am HAPPY!!!!

jeroen

yeah me too corriecas those are going to be the hottest tickets in the world. I don't care where keef plays or how much it costs to see him, i gotta see him smiling bouncing smiley

Date: July 9, 2015 21:29

keith is going to be so fired up and sharp from touring with the stones too!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:35

so...

is this the tracklist?

Trouble
Blues in the morning (con Bobby Keys)
Lovers Plea
Amnesia (con Bobby Keys)
Illusion (con Norah Jones)
Nothing on Me (con Aaron Neville)
Robbed Blind (con Larry Campbell)
Love Overdue (con Spooner Oldham)
One More Shot (?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 21:36 by pepganzo.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:38

pepganzo
Turner68

amen

Oh dear i have a horrible feeling this will end up on the Mick Taylor thread !!!
ONLY JOKING
wow i didn't realise there was so many real keef fans on here, i see a hell of a lot of genuine excitement over this fantastic news. CHEERS you beauties smileys with beer

Date: July 9, 2015 21:44

Turner68

No doubt Keith would need some help with guitar duties but I doubt we will see a Keith solo tour. Too much highly profitable and "safe" Stones business to take care of. Possibly a few one-offs but not for a long while, imo.

Date: July 9, 2015 21:49

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home