Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:29

keefriffhards
Did any of you out there see Keith at The Town AND Country Club ????
Now that was close. I was 6 feet away from him and boy was he loud !!

Yes, I did - it was on his birthday!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:30

Hallelujaaaaaaaaah!!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:44

Beast
keefriffhards

Yes, I did - it was on his birthday!

Think i saw him the night before his birthday. What did you think. He was fascinating, liquid limbed, and he stares right into you. he did some weird thing on the stage with band members all crouched low before he started. don't know what that was all about lol

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:01

keefriffhards
he did some weird thing on the stage with band members all crouched low before he started. don't know what that was all about lol

The Winos started all their shows that way - it looked like a good ritual

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:12

Keith at the mastering sessions for Crosseyed Heart at Sterling Sound, pictured here with the original vinyl acetate

[twitter.com]

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:21

Great news! I love "Talk Is Cheap", "Hollywood Palladium" and "Main Offender". And "Wingless Angels". Looking forward to "Crosseyed Heart". I saw Keith in concert in Cologne in 1992. Still one of the greatest (and loudest!) shows I have ever attended.

Date: July 11, 2015 00:29

with sssoul
keefriffhards
he did some weird thing on the stage with band members all crouched low before he started. don't know what that was all about lol

The Winos started all their shows that way - it looked like a good ritual

was a bit of an anti climax hitting the stage then just crouching low down like that for a minute . some kind of voodoo thing going on i thought at the time lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 00:30 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:04

stone4ever
Hairball
with sssoul
Hairball
I predict! ...
No lead singer from India.

Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter.

Ahhh thanks with sssoul!
I was referring to the guy in Superheavy, but that is interesting trivia that I did not know!
Be that as it may, Norah Jones is an American singer who happens to have a father who is from India.
And as it stand she will be duetting with Keith, so this should not be confused with being the 'lead singer' for Keith's band.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING INDIAN ??? OR INDIAN LEAD SINGER

Hahaha - nothing is wrong with being Indian or an Indian lead singer.
As I mentioned in another post, A.R. Rahman is a fine musician in his own right.
My original post was in reference to Superheavy with Mick and the hodgepodge of musical styles the album had,
attempting to convey the fact that the whole concept was a Super dud...too many cooks in the kitchen(imo).
Not blaming it on A.R. Rahman - the post was tongue-in-cheek -apologies if that got lost in tranlsation.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:15

TheBlockbuster
corriecas
Maybe a solo gig at the Paradiso, Amsterdam...

A good room, you said.

jeroen

WHY NOT THE ZIGGO DOME!?

hahahahasmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:16

Saw keith at the Ahoy, rotterdam in 1992. It was great, but dont remember much as i was a bit drunk.

I think..

Jeroen

Date: July 11, 2015 01:47

corriecas
Saw keith at the Ahoy, rotterdam in 1992. It was great, but dont remember much as i was a bit drunk.

I think..

Jeroen

HA HA that's the way to do it. smileys with beer

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:44

bye bye johnny

Keith at the mastering sessions for Crosseyed Heart at Sterling Sound, pictured here with the original vinyl acetate

[twitter.com]

Proud papa.

What a great pic.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 11, 2015 04:53

KRiffhard
Did you listen something of that material?!

Just what was commercially released - "Still a Fool" and "You Win Again." Both are amazing and have an electricity to them that is potent. I would love to hear more from these sessions.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 11, 2015 05:26

stone4ever
Hairball
with sssoul
Hairball
I predict! ...
No lead singer from India.

Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter.

Ahhh thanks with sssoul!
I was referring to the guy in Superheavy, but that is interesting trivia that I did not know!
Be that as it may, Norah Jones is an American singer who happens to have a father who is from India.
And as it stand she will be duetting with Keith, so this should not be confused with being the 'lead singer' for Keith's band.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING INDIAN ??? OR INDIAN LEAD SINGER

Nothing, one of the biggest lead singers ever was Indian.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:26

I really dislike the title "Crosseyed Heart".

Re: Keith Richards Announces New Solo LP 'Crosseyed Heart'
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 11, 2015 06:28

Brstonesfan
GasLightStreet
Brstonesfan
I hope it has something other than ballads and boring reggae crap..

Seeing that it's not Jagger and Stewart doing SuperBoring the ballads should be great and the reggae should be great.

No doubt "Super Heavy" was awful as have been most of his collaborations with former Eurythmics member.

Holy crap - for ONCE! I agree with you!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:27

Wow 34 pages of excitment for Keith's new release I assume all generated in two days. What a nice surprise - we are about a week away from hearing the new single! Pinch me...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:58

swimtothemoon
Wow 34 pages of excitment for Keith's new release I assume all generated in two days. What a nice surprise - we are about a week away from hearing the new single! Pinch me...

no
first post was Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 23, 2013 17:51

bv merged the latest with the original thread about rumours and first hints

agree with the excitement

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 11, 2015 10:48

MisterO

Why?!

Re: Keith Richards Announces New Solo LP 'Crosseyed Heart'
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 11, 2015 15:02

GasLightStreet
Brstonesfan
GasLightStreet
Brstonesfan
I hope it has something other than ballads and boring reggae crap..

Seeing that it's not Jagger and Stewart doing SuperBoring the ballads should be great and the reggae should be great.

No doubt "Super Heavy" was awful as have been most of his collaborations with former Eurythmics member.

Holy crap - for ONCE! I agree with you!

Get a room you two...

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 11, 2015 17:35

keefriffhards
Braincapers
keefriffhards

I was there but not that close. Great gig

Cool. i think they closed the place down shortly after he played there. it had a big bar at the back, you could drink from the bar and watch the show or get right to the front. after the first 6 numbers i went back to the bar as it was defining. think he did 2 nights there. Best gig i ever seen cool smiley

It still exists - now known as the Forum. I like the venue and, like you say, it's easy to watch from the back but also not too hard to get fairly close.

I went to gigs there when it was still called the town and country club, but was a silly teenager who hadn't got into the stones yet so didn't get to see Keithsad smiley....I discovered the stones 2 years later....was instantly hooked - and angry with myself for not getting into them sooner!

Date: July 11, 2015 20:11

MarthaTuesday
keefriffhards
Braincapers
keefriffhards

Cool. i think they closed the place down shortly after he played there. it had a big bar at the back, you could drink from the bar and watch the show or get right to the front. after the first 6 numbers i went back to the bar as it was defining. think he did 2 nights there. Best gig i ever seen cool smiley

It still exists - now known as the Forum. I like the venue and, like you say, it's easy to watch from the back but also not too hard to get fairly close.

I went to gigs there when it was still called the town and country club, but was a silly teenager who hadn't got into the stones yet so didn't get to see Keithsad smiley....I discovered the stones 2 years later....was instantly hooked - and angry with myself for not getting into them sooner!

Oh bless your heart Martha. Yes it Changed ownership, was the forum similar or did they change the place. it felt like an intimate club when it was the TAC club. Does anyone know if that was really Matt Clifford last night.

How come so many of you guys have been on here for so long but don't make many posts. Do you find it intimidating like i did. Stay with it dude after a few weeks of expressing your self you begin to notice they are lovely people on here . they help you and support you when matt clifford turns up lol.

Date: July 11, 2015 20:19

KRiffhard
MisterO

Why?!

well sorry but i was disappointed with the name of the album. I mean what does it mean.
perhaps it means i'm so drunk that my eyes are crossed but i love you . or my heart is my eye and its crossed . Go figure. Can some one explain what it means please. I hope Keith is not like matt clifford and watching in, that would freak me out . love you Keith thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 11, 2015 21:29

keefriffhards
KRiffhard
MisterO

Why?!

well sorry but i was disappointed with the name of the album. I mean what does it mean.
perhaps it means i'm so drunk that my eyes are crossed but i love you . or my heart is my eye and its crossed . Go figure. Can some one explain what it means please. I hope Keith is not like matt clifford and watching in, that would freak me out . love you Keith thumbs up

Maybe a play on words? Like cross eyed, instead of star crossed? Or a guy whose heart belongs to more than one...The Winos and The Rolling Stones. grinning smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 11, 2015 21:30

keefriffhards
KRiffhard
MisterO

Why?!

Maybe you have to hear the album to find out (we don't know the names of all the tracks, let alone the lyrics) - or maybe it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 21:40

MarthaTuesday
keefriffhards
Braincapers
keefriffhards

I was there on Dec 17th - right down the front. It was only my second Stones-related show after having seen one of the Urban Jungle shows at Wembley in 1990. By '92 I was a massive Stones fan so it was such a thrill to see Keith close up and unadulterated by all the circus paraphenalia of the Stones concert. Just a fantastic band on a stage playing beautiful sweaty rock and roll.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 11, 2015 22:10

If he does tour, I'd bet we'd hear some great covers.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2015 22:21

It resonates with me as a title for a Keith album -
some hearts see things a little differently,
and are a bit quirky and different themselves

Date: July 11, 2015 22:25

Roll73
MarthaTuesday
keefriffhards
Braincapers
keefriffhards

I was there on Dec 17th - right down the front. It was only my second Stones-related show after having seen one of the Urban Jungle shows at Wembley in 1990. By '92 I was a massive Stones fan so it was such a thrill to see Keith close up and unadulterated by all the circus paraphenalia of the Stones concert. Just a fantastic band on a stage playing beautiful sweaty rock and roll.

That's amazing to me . that peoples paths cross like that. had i not gone on iorr i would not have even thought to much about the 17th dec 92'. but its funny you saw them (as i did ) for the first time urban jungle, then keith solo 17th dec , then this thread. its a small world and lots of you have come out of the woodwork so to speak because i asked if any body seen Keith at the TAC club. that's 4 of us so far..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 22:33 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 11, 2015 22:32

with sssoul
It resonates with me as a title for a Keith album -
some hearts see things a little differently,
and are a bit quirky and different themselves

yeah i hear that. its making sense to me now.
i have always thought of Keith's songs that way. sometimes at first i don't see it (hear it) but then, over time, it gets into you. its like a puzzle, and once the pieces fit your hooked for life..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home