Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:20

Robbed Blind is real nice.thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Re: Substantial Damage
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:33

Turner68
Crosseyed heart is now #9 on amazon's rock charts: [www.amazon.com] and #15 overall (for Cds&vinyl).

Now #8 and #14 (plus #13 for pop)

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:42

Turner68
Crosseyed heart is now #9 on amazon's rock charts: [www.amazon.com] and #15 overall (for Cds&vinyl).

Checked your link just now and it says no. 5 smiling smiley But I really wonder how these statistics work?! Could the online release of Robbed Blind have made an impact?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:52

If I thought unlocking Substantial Damage was a mission unlocking Robbed Blind was even more stress fueled fun. I kind of got the bug last week having been kicked into gear to unlock Substantial Damage. This week I was minus my usual Bond worthy wheels and instead driving Ruby my 1957 MGA. Ruby was prepped the night before, never having been in the rain, her roof fitted and ready to go.

When it comes to a Stones mission I am either in or out. It's a bank holiday, so I thought what the hell, I'm in. It was a lot of fun last time and so I stayed up until midnight, refreshing my twitter feed and Keith's Facebook page.... I then woke almost exactly every hour on the hour, refreshing and checking, it was Licks a club show ticket deja-vu. At 7am I got up and started to tidy the house between 5 minutely refreshes. At around 10am, my frequent partner in crime Linda called me to ask how I was getting on. She wanted in on the action so came over late morning via the Ealing Club, one of my short listed likely locations, to see if anything was going on. Nothing was.

At 4pm I had done enough tidying for a lifetime and the tension was mounting so I decided we should make a break for Chelsea, Linda complaining she hadn't finished her cup of tea. We drove by Edith Grove and although no plaque was evident there was a suspicious looking man in a van, could he be the man with the plaque? You can't stop on Edith Grove so we carried on around the corner to 3 Cheyne Walk, nothing there either. Calculating the time to other likely locations we knew we were in the wrong place, but the most central place so we decided to wait it out. Ping, suddenly the twitter notification came in, Ealing! No way, we had been there all day.

Ruby used all her antique charm to cut in queues and make it all the way back to Ealing in just 20 minutes. Arriving at the Ealing Club, a location I know so well having always lived in Ealing since getting my first job here 16 years ago, there was nothing to be found. We walked up and down the ally, around the block, everywhere! Suddenly I got the gold bar... I had found the location, but no plaque to tell me the code. I started guessing the code based on the the format of the last one but no success. Still the only people there, I emailed the team running the promotion and supplied them a selfie of myself outside the club and they surrendered me the correct code.

Bingo, standing outside a Sainsbury's at a busy bus stop, on the site of the last IRA bomb in London (which I missed by a relatively close shave) I was enjoying the World Premiere of Robbed Blind with Linda, the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Her heritage Stones goes back to Hyde Park 1969 and she has a heart of gold. Far too many good times together. Then just like last time my premiere was cut short, this time by Paul who had just parked up around the corner and was calling to find out where we were. We decided to celebrate our impromptu get together with a well earned pint at the Red Lion (Ealing's Premiere Pub!). Another Stones related adventure with a happy ending.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:08

Thanks for the story Matt! A bit of an adventure and I'm glad you were persistent enough to earn the prize. A bit perplexed that there was no plaque though, any explanation from the promo team? Another sick employee? Also curious if you guys saw any other Keith fans searching for the plaque?

I think they should just email you the code for the last one and let you unlock it for us, it's good getting the story and it couldn't happen to a more dedicated fan. You rock brother! Nice work and thanks again.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:16

The man I've been corresponding with at wemakeawesomesh.it said they have no idea why there was no plaque.
He said they're only responsible for the website and the "digital unlock mechanism".
Since they're the name on the website, and I don't see any trace of an indication who is running the campaign,
they're the ones who end up looking like inept clowns. I wonder who the actual inept clowns are.

Gorgeous song, Keith! Thanks and praises.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:23

Another Keith interview, don't know if this was posted yet.

Keith

There was recently some talk about a new Stones album. What’s the situation with that?

"I’m trying to get the Stones into the studio. But I don’t quite honestly see it happen this year.
After we do South America in February and March, I’d love to get in the studio in April.
But I know what those guys are like. When they finish a tour, they don’t want to do nothing"! [Laughs]

Date: September 1, 2015 00:27

Haha, nice story Matt....so I did see Ruby heading along Chelsea Embankment in the opposite direction as I was headig home having checked out Edith Grove where nothing was happening!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:33

with sssoul
I wonder who the actual inept clowns are.

Me too. tumbled has suggested these guys might have something to do with it.

[www.notableabodes.com]

But I'm confused, didn't you get an apologetic email from someone the last time for dropping the ball? Or was that just for a late release of the clue? In any case the contest itself has some seriously damaged credibility. Not that I care actually since the results are what are important, thankfully Matt just happened to have the sense to email those guys.

The song is growing on me after a few listens.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:42

The song is great. One of KR's best solo tracks.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:44

Maindefender
Turner68

Go Keef go!
smileys with beer

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:47

KRiffhard
Maindefender
Turner68

Go Keef go!
smileys with beer

Now #5 on Amazon's rock charts

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 1, 2015 00:50

robbed blind sounds nice, but not that great as i wanted.the guitars sound beautiful though. will give it another listen tomorrow
jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:08

I didn't want anything, I didn't expect anything, I don't care if it is an unfinished song, I'm just letting it happen.

Keith makes beautiful sketches that carry you away for a while.

Date: September 1, 2015 01:09

TeddyB1018

And there's more of this calibre to come thumbs up

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:12

The best thing about the campaign are the stories of MattleeUk and other IORR members.
at some point the unlocked songs too, of course.

it's quite a mess. they haven't thought it through and as howlinmad at some point said :
howlingmad
But I fear we've now reached the point of giving this whole thing more thought than the people in charge actually did. LOL
true dat.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 1, 2015 01:45

TeddyB1018
+1

Date: September 1, 2015 01:48

Wild Slivovitz
TeddyB1018
+1

It's only one thing missing: Your harp smiling smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 1, 2015 02:03

Wild Slivovitz
TeddyB1018
+1

+1

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 1, 2015 03:05

Thanks for sharing your stories. I think it's a great idea, a treasure hunt from a pirate!

Too bad the execution has been so/so. That said, you've had fun and we have through your tale.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 1, 2015 03:46

This song makes me cry. so sad. who would treat Our Keith this way. very very bad. that song will haunt you. I can't get it out of my head.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 1, 2015 07:40

tumbled
This song makes me cry. so sad. who would treat Our Keith this way. very very bad. that song will haunt you. I can't get it out of my head.

*Don't be sad, tumbled. Maybe it's as simple as one of his kids cleaned out his medicine cabinet. (Amnesia song had me more worried).
Great fun following unlocking, thanks!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 1, 2015 10:00

Naturalust
with sssoul
I wonder who the actual inept clowns are.

Me too. tumbled has suggested these guys might have something to do with it.

[www.notableabodes.com]

But I'm confused, didn't you get an apologetic email from someone the last time for dropping the ball? Or was that just for a late release of the clue?

They were apologetic on behalf of "the team handling the campaign" and didn't make it clear at that time
that "the team" is some entity outside wemakeawesomesh.it. Meanwhile, "notable abodes" isn't a promotional agency
so I don't see how they could be in charge of anything. I'll just ask the guy I've been corresponding with
so we can direct our contempt in the correct direction.

Are the prizes going to be tickets to a small London show? Which is why the campaign is so local?
To make sure(r) the people who win can attend without needing to fly them in and so on?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-01 16:58 by with sssoul.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 1, 2015 10:30

great story matt -- congrats to you (and linda!) sounds like a fun adventure

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 1, 2015 12:07

mattleeuk
Another Stones related adventure with a happy ending.

And a great story. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: September 1, 2015 14:08

aah...beautiful! the little break in the middle..classic keith

Just perfect..way coolcool smiley

Date: September 1, 2015 15:54

Well well, indeed... some parts remind me from the 1977 toronto sessions.
Beautiful song. The VOICE,the Guitars, the slide guitar.....

Oh Boy... 3 weeks until...

Great Stuff!!
thanks keith!!
One Love!!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 1, 2015 16:21

Robbed Blind is great - reminds me also of the Toronto sessions Keith so heartfelt and fragile. When I first heard I thought of Sing Me Back Home.

play the guitar boy.

Date: September 1, 2015 16:22

I knew you would like it, OpenG smiling smiley

What do you think of the sound of that brazilian guitar?

Date: September 1, 2015 16:29

OpenG
Robbed Blind is great - reminds me also of the Toronto sessions Keith so heartfelt and fragile. When I first heard I thought of Sing Me Back Home.

play the guitar boy.

Indeed.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...114115116117118119120121122123124...LastNext
Current Page: 119 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home