Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Date: August 27, 2015 00:43

LongBeachArena72
Turner68
keefriffhards
corriecas
Yeah, i Guess jagger has pulled his wild card, called Keith and said:::no F...solo shows. Stones first, !!

Hope not, but i think it went like that

jeroen

If this is the case,
I could feel it coming
Mick is Keith's Achilles heel
I know must of you Stones fans out their understandably want a new Stones album out for them to tread the boards with,
but i think Mick will drown out Keith's input again on a new album
That's the way its been since they got back together in 89'
Mick is the dominant alpha male these days as far as those two go in the studio or song selection on live shows.
Probably the reason why so many of you tire with the set lists
But sadly with Mick dominating recordings and production the Glimmer twins are not reaching their potential imho

i agree, let keith out of the cage he is ready to rip this joint!!!!!!

Dear Jeroen/Riffhards/Turner:

Really?

Again with the "poor poor pitiful Keith" routine? Which is he, the rock and roll gunslinger whose riffs launched a thousand shows ... or some put-upon pussy-whipped dweeb who can't stand up to Mick Jagger?

Isn't it possible that Keith is doing EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS TO DO? Isn't it possible that if Keith really wanted to he could tell Jagger to @#$%& off and he could take the Winos out on a tour of clubs or sheds or arenas or whatever they could fill?

You can't have it both ways, guys. Either he's a badass or he's a victim.

Probably a badass who always put the Stones first, regardless of Mick smiling smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 00:44

keefriffhards
Turner68
keefriffhards
Err excuse me, am i going to be the first to jump for joy
Keith did just say he is going to do some shows
Thats what he said yes ??
YEEEESSSSSSSSS smileys with beer
OH My God yerrrr harrrrr smiling bouncing smiley

But wait a minute , no one has reacted to this news
Im confused

i don't believe it until i'm in my seat and i see him holding his guitar behind the stage. when that happens i will out-celebrate even you my friend :-)

learned this lesson in 1990 when they canceled in UK due to an infected finger in keith's hand.

Hey turner that was the very show i was going to see when he infected his finger on a guitar string
Good thing was when they rescheduled it we got the Steel Wheels set back instead of the urban jungle one

I was only in London for the summer so it meant I couldn't see the show at all sad smiley very annoying. Keith and his accidents...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 00:45 by Turner68.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:07

Not much to add to what's already been said but indeed, odd choice for a third song...I can understand they'd want to put out a "groove" but Amnesia is the more "elaborate" one, oh well, marketing, eh ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:08

Very happy we actually get a Keith solo album!
Not really looking forward to another Stones album dominated by Mick, but my ears are open and I would give it an honest listen.
I haven't listened to ABB start to finish since it was released, but did surprisingly hear Rain Fall Down on a Santa Barbara radio station the other day!
Not really looking forward to another Stones tour in the near future either. Just saw them in May, and while it was indeed fun and great, there needs to be something 'new' to make it worthwhile.
A new album might be the ticket, but they'd probably only play one tune off of it anyways. With all that said, I would more than likely go just because it's the Rolling Stones...nothing lasts forever.

Bottom line - I'm sad I won't get to see Keith venture out on his own in the near future (still hoping though).
With a great new album under his belt, it seems a waste not to showcase it all in a live setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 01:10 by Hairball.

Date: August 27, 2015 01:10

Hairball
Not really looking forward to another Stones album dominated by Mick, but my ears are open and I would give it an honest listen.
I haven't listened to ABB start to finish since it was released, but did surprisingly hear Rain Fall Down on a Santa Barbara radio station the other say!
Not really looking forward to another Stones tour in the near future either. Just saw them in May, and while it was indeed fun and great, there needs to be something 'new' to make it worthwhile.
A new album might be the ticket, but they'd probably only play one tune off of it anyways. With all that said, I would more than likely go just because it's the Rolling Stones...nothing lasts forever.

Bottom line - I'm sad I won't get to see Keith venture out on his own in the near future (still hoping though).
With a great new album under his belt, it seems a waste not to showcase it all in a live setting.

100% agree.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:21

Turner68
Hairball
I haven't listened to ABB start to finish since it was released, but did surprisingly hear Rain Fall Down on a Santa Barbara radio station the other say!

100% agree.

+1

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:28

HMS
The question is: When did the interview actually took place, before or after some source told us that there will be no tour?

It´s all so confusing...

Is Teddy the "source"? Didn't he just say he hadn't heard of anything getting organized about two weeks ago (so probably 3 now)? Or has there been more/other info since?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 27, 2015 01:41

hey guys be happy with whatever the stones do as band or solo,we can listen to the band or solo music,so much time is spending on putting the band down or there solo stuff when do you guys get time to enjoy the music and be in heaven with the music.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE,CANNOT GIVE UP ON THEM NOW SINCE 1968.
JUMPING JACK FLASH,
BEGGARS BANQUET
HONKY TONK WOMEN
LET IT BLEED,
TALK IS CHEAP
WANDERING SPIRIT
VOODOO LOUNGE
BIGGER BANG
GET YOUR YAS,YAS OUT.
THE LIST GOES ON AND ON,ENJOY,PLAY THEM LOUD.

Date: August 27, 2015 02:17

Mel Belli
Jon Pareles piece on Keith just went up on NYTimes Mobile. On the go, so have link only:

[mobile.nytimes.com]

this is an excellent, very long article based on an interview with keith!
i recommend to all.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 27, 2015 02:28

A "Trouble" Promo Single is available on torrent sites, the instrumental version is GREAT.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:19

Substantial Damage: whoa ho, I was surprised how much I love it. Funky, very, very cool.
'Substantial Damage baby you're killing me!
What are we doing together
You've got a boom
and I've got a feather'

I read that French saying means 'not happy'
I watched a video of Jagger being interviewed and asked about Keith's negative reaction/ comments about him (Jagger) getting knighthood.
Mick, in a rare quick moment, let his guard down and said out loud, one of the only times I've witnessed, a clear disparaging remark about Keith, in a biting manner:
'Well he's not happy. He is just not a happy person'
that's your French baby (Mick showing off speaking in French on stage if possible, Keith's turn at solo's, has a French word or two, then apologizes to crowd)
Something happened when Keith wrote Life/ was thinking retirement/ stopped recording after 2007 time period.
Either the therapy to examine his life for 'Life' brought up repressed anger/ memories,
or,
Keith's having a hot affair, or he's talking about a long marriage relationship and the ear piece is connected to a damn cell phone/ ignoring present company. Nothin' to say, why'm I paying for dinner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 06:22 by 35love.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:30

Anyone seen Substantial Damage available for purchase online? Amnesia was added to iTunes and Google Play relatively soon after being unlocked via plaque.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:32

35love

Mick, in a rare quick moment, let his guard down and said out loud, one of the only times I've witnessed, a clear disparaging remark about Keith, in a biting manner:

Smiling at your above post. thumbs up Just want to point out there was another Mick interview where he similarly let down his guard about Keith and said "Thanks just Keith being drunk and spouting off with his mouth". It doesn't happen very often but there is obviously some..ahem..suppressed feelings about Keith with Mr. Jagger.

I'm not sure if I like Keith more for sometimes speaking his mind or respect Jagger more for his attempts to Keep their issues private but it sure is interesting to witness....all us Stones fans study this bro relationship at some level.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:42

Naturalust
35love

Smiling at your above post. thumbs up Just want to point out there was another Mick interview where he similarly let down his guard about Keith and said "Thanks just Keith being drunk and spouting off with his mouth". It doesn't happen very often but there is obviously some..ahem..suppressed feelings about Keith with Mr. Jagger.

I'm not sure if I like Keith more for sometimes speaking his mind or respect Jagger more for his attempts to Keep their issues private but it sure is interesting to witness....all us Stones fans study this bro relationship at some level.

^ true that. Maybe it's because we're so close to the music, albeit feel close to them. This is probably the scary part of fame they hate, lol. But trying to figure out the lyrics has always compelled me.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 27, 2015 10:08

35love
I read that French saying means 'not happy'

I hear mon plaisir, meaning "my pleasure" (although apparently it doesn't sound good in French,
no matter how many anglophone restaurants, bistros and lingerie companies use the phrase as their name).
I gather you hear non plaisir, as in "not pleased". Either way, these odd lyrics do resonate a lot.

On a less profound note: The way he enunciates "what's that thing attached to your ear" keeps cracking me up :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 11:46 by with sssoul.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 12:04

I just listened to the instrumental version and is really great....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 27, 2015 12:27

O2

...where can i find it?!! I want this Trouble!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 27, 2015 12:33

yeah, where..
Jeroen

Date: August 27, 2015 12:43

Still fascinated by Substantial Damage - but my cats leave the room every time I put it on
I love my cats but they sure can be pussies :E

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 27, 2015 13:08

No wonder, cats have better ears than humans and also a better taste in music than humans, obviouslygrinning smiley

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 27, 2015 13:12

I think it's funny "substantial damage" was unlocked at the place where Keith's crib was bombed out during WWII. And "Amnesia" was unlocked at the govt subsidized housing house. Humorous.

Isn't a feather in a letter sent to a conscientious objector or coward as a hate letter???? Prob not the meaning

Mon plaisir is what I hear. My pleasure.

The last para. Of Vulture interview is illuminating:

What itch can you scratch by recording a solo album that you can’t scratch with your regular band?
It’s the challenge. You’re thinking about whether or not you can carry the weight of the project. Are you biting off more than you can chew? And did you want to chew that much in the first place? Wrestling with the different context and doing all the singing is something I enjoy immensely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 13:21 by tumbled.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 13:23

KRiffhard
O2

...where can i find it?!! I want this Trouble!!!

[rutracker.org]

substantial damge
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: August 27, 2015 06:17

Who is the singer? I would definetly be surprised if it is Keith. And if it is Keith then indeed I am surprised,as his voice and guitar does not sound so strong with ROLLING STONES.

Re: substantial damge
Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: August 27, 2015 07:42

Vox processed to sound like mega-phone a la Tom Waits.
It is Keith.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 27, 2015 13:56

with sssoul
Still fascinated by Substantial Damage - but my cats leave the room every time I put it on
I love my cats but they sure can be pussies :E

Nominated for post of the month!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 27, 2015 14:00

72hotrocks
Vox processed to sound like mega-phone a la Tom Waits.
It is Keith.

I love how his voice sounds here.

Date: August 27, 2015 14:09

pftw04
Who is the singer? I would definetly be surprised if it is Keith. And if it is Keith then indeed I am surprised,as his voice and guitar does not sound so strong with ROLLING STONES.

Yes, it does.

Date: August 27, 2015 14:18

tumbled
I think it's funny "substantial damage" was unlocked at the place where Keith's crib was bombed out during WWII.

That amused me too.

Isn't a feather in a letter sent to a conscientious objector or coward as a hate letter???? Prob not the meaning

I think it's along the lines of "you got more X than I did", since a plume is bigger and more splendid than a feather.
The X could be recognition or power, or vanity even. Or birthday presents from Bill Wyman :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 16:36 by with sssoul.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:03

georgelicks
A "Trouble" Promo Single is available on torrent sites, the instrumental version is GREAT.

Thanks for that info!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:26

I think it's along the lines of "you got more X thank I did", since a plume is bigger and more splendid than a feather.
The X could be recognition or power, or vanity even. Or birthday presents from Bill Wyman :E

Hi Withssoul :

So your thinking is that this is a dialogue between the twins?

don't you agree there is such ferocity in the delivery of the gist of 'you are not paying attention to me' vein. mon dieu. seems he is trying for the get the whole range of emotions on this album

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-27 15:28 by tumbled.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home