Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: Ronnie, Rod, Faces & Stones
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:25

roryfaninva
Just saw Rod on VH-1 playing an outdoor fest in London- Download Festival I believe- with Ronnie Wood guesting at some point. Rods set- particularly his voice which is shot- was cringe inducing. Awful Vegas style revue, really depressing to see the type of vibe/arrangements he favors these days. Didn't stick around to see Woody. No wonder he wont play with The Faces -he absolutely couldn't cut it live out in front of a rock and roll band anymore. I suppose that's savvy of him to realize it and not try.

Trust me, it ain't the Download Festival. That held in Donnington and I don't think Rodders would survive

Date: November 4, 2013 21:30

Hyde Park June 26, 2011. Dreadful.

Date: November 4, 2013 22:01

Dishevelment Blues - a lost Face. You da' man

\m/

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 4, 2013 22:53

Oh dear. Exceptionally bad singing. I rest my case.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 5, 2013 02:16

Yes, Rod isn't singing the song, he's virtually speaking it, just tiptoeing through the lines, as if he just rolled out of bed and thought he'd do a song half awake before coffee.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 4, 2013 14:45

Latest Faces chatter from Rod is that it'll be 2015.

[wzlx.cbslocal.com]

Re: OT Faces Reunion on !!!
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 5, 2013 03:11

Its sad that I still don't quite believe this is true. Also, 2015? Really? They couldn't get it together earlier? I guarantee it falls apart before then.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2013 03:12

The Stones announce shows and as sure as night follows day Rod decides he wants to work with the Faces again!

Date: December 5, 2013 03:16

That Rod Stewart is getting to be a regular Ray Davies.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 5, 2013 04:10

stonehearted
That Rod Stewart is getting to be a regular Ray Davies.

I wish.

Date: December 5, 2013 04:17

^ Well, I mean the way he's always talking about Faces reunions and then nothing ever comes of it--it sounds like the pattern of a certain Muswell Hillbilly of late. And the reunion is always "next year"....

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 5, 2013 04:37

stonehearted
^ Well, I mean the way he's always talking about Faces reunions and then nothing ever comes of it--it sounds like the pattern of a certain Muswell Hillbilly of late. And the reunion is always "next year"....

Yes, I know. But wouldn't it had been nice if Stewart had stayed in England and continued with what Ronnie lane called "English sheep music"? Too late now, but such a great talent and voice wasted.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 5, 2013 04:43

Toss in Mac and play a nice joint in Austin...I'm in...

Date: December 5, 2013 10:51

Gazza
The Stones announce shows and as sure as night follows day Rod decides he wants to work with the Faces again!

>grinning smiley<

\m/

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: December 5, 2013 12:20

More hot air from Rod, who apparently got interested in a Faces reunion after getting the cold shoulder from Jeff Beck. Never thought I'd say it but the guy from Simply Red sings the material way better than Rod can these days...

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: December 5, 2013 12:31

It won't happen! Suppose Rod's just trying to make promotion for his own like always. thumbs down

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 5, 2013 13:00

...Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics should do the honours.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 5, 2013 13:47

what a joke 2015.to me that is not serious at all

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 5, 2013 13:47

So reading between the lines Ronnie was busy touring Europe and wherever with the Stones in 2014 but 2015 was clear.

Start saving up for those expensive European Stones dates now guys.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 5, 2013 14:01

RoughJusticeOnYa

This cover version is a rape of the Stones classic song!!! Terrible! thumbs down

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 5, 2013 14:40

And again.... it is the gift buying time of year, and all these guys just have to get out here and say something/anything to remind everyone, that everyone, should buy some of their products.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 5, 2013 14:55

Silver Dagger
So reading between the lines Ronnie was busy touring Europe and wherever with the Stones in 2014 but 2015 was clear.

No. Rod's just wishing out loud. Didnt he already talk about touring with the Faces this year or last year? - and he probably would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for those pesky, meddling kids Mick, Keith and Charlie.

Hopefully, when he gives up on the notion of the next Faces reunion in the middle of rehearsals to pursue his other more lucrative interests, he'll at least have the courtesy to contact the rest of his bandmates and tell them instead of leaving them waiting for him to turn up like he did four years ago!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 5, 2013 15:07

This is the most NON-annoucment concert announcement of all time...

"I think we have got much more of a chance of getting the Faces back together, in fact," he said. "Ronnie [Wood]'s office is talking to my people, and we're ear-marking 2015."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-05 15:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 5, 2013 15:25

Ladykiller
RoughJusticeOnYa

This cover version is a rape of the Stones classic song!!! Terrible! thumbs down

...maybe so, and to each his/her own (P.S.: this is only a demo, mind you)...; I can't really tell, because I've never been a big fan of this "Rolling Stones classic song" - I rearely listen to it, and it does not move me at all. So 'rape' or 'heartfelt rendition': I really wouldn't know.

But my point here was purely about the voice & vocals. I.m.h.o. nobody comes closer to the original range & timbre & rasp & power & emotion of the young Rod 'Face' Stewart; and certainly not the contemporary Rod Stewart himself.

Other good deals for a Faces reunion with suitable lead would be Chris Robinson (Black Crowes), or (indeed) Mick Hucknall.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: December 5, 2013 15:34

I'll believe it when I see it

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 5, 2013 15:58

rod is full of blah blah blah.

i will believe it when i see ian stewart, walking on stage

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-05 16:14 by corriecas.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 5, 2013 16:10

Gazza

Seriously,
Rod is a joke.
"Me, me, me. Hey everybody! Look at me!"

The only time he ever opens his mouth anymore is when the Stones announce something big. Sad and pathetic little old man looking for attention.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: December 5, 2013 17:03

Rod will also be pathetic but at least it is always or almost in Tour...while the stones having done anything live 2007-2012, then return in 2012 until 2014 with a handful of concerts and two new songs.........Who is the old man here....?????

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: December 5, 2013 18:37

It makes sense to me that it would be difficult for Ronnie to do the Faces with the Stones still active (if on hiatus), regardless of any Rod Stewart nonsense. 2015 sounds right to me for the Stones world tour to have ended, thereby probably ending their career as a touring band, creating a wide open door to get into the Faces again.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home