Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: OT: Rod Stewart's Cash Demands For Faces Reunion
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 21, 2013 07:03

triceratops
When Eric Clapton reunited Cream in 2007 did he demand the lion's share? Highly doubtful. Eric is the kind of guy who was happy to see his former bandmates make a good payday. Eric didn't need the money but they did

I thought the only reason Eric did the Cream reunion was so that Bruce and Baker could have a much-needed big payday.

while I'm a huge Faces fan, I can't imagine them ever playing a tour again with Rod.

It makes no sense for him to waste his time touring and only get paid 1/4th of what he could make alone (fairly assuming that he and Ron and Mac and Kenney get equal shares. ) When you've got as many kids as he does, you can't really do it "for old times' sake" anymore. I bet those rich brats have big demands, bigger than those of their aging-model mothers.

"Faces" are not the draw that "Rod Stewart" is. Even back in the day, promoters would put "Rod Stewart & Faces" on ads just to sell arenas out--and that created a lot of group tension when they were perceived as his backing band.

To sell a "Faces" show now really involves an explanation to the general public of who they are...and at some point that would involve a partial admission that Rod Stewart hasn't been any good since those days. It may be as simple as "...some fans say that Stewart's best days were with the band..."

Why on earth would Rod want someone to say that out loud? Would it do Stewart any good to point out to all the suckers that go to his shows that the act he's been peddling all these years has been crap?

The work of Rod with the Faces--and his solo work during that time--combined youthful bravado with a charming sincerity. Hair can be dyed and bravado can be faked, but long-time Faces fans know that the sincerity part is ravaged, and more shot than Rod's voice.

Those days are long gone. Let them be.

Re: OT: Rod Stewart's Cash Demands For Faces Reunion
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 21, 2013 07:46

loog droog
triceratops
When Eric Clapton reunited Cream in 2007 did he demand the lion's share? Highly doubtful. Eric is the kind of guy who was happy to see his former bandmates make a good payday. Eric didn't need the money but they did

I thought the only reason Eric did the Cream reunion was so that Bruce and Baker could have a much-needed big payday.

Yes, true. But the lion's share of the money--for publishing royalties from public performance of the songs, the CD, and the DVD--would have gone to Jack Bruce as one of the main songwriters and one other man who never played a note of music in the band either in the 60s or in the 2005 reunion, Pete Brown, who was the band's other main songwriter.

By just sitting in the audience watching the show, Pete Brown made more money from the Cream reunion then either Ginger Baker or Eric Clapton. Amazing, but true.

Just knowing the right people can make something so lightweight as

add up to some serious

Re: Ronnie & Rod Stewart - London, September 9
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 21, 2013 17:24

Sigh, another thread-merge?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-21 17:29 by Big Al.

Daily Mail- Faces Reunion Off Stones Tour On
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 1, 2013 17:34

Didn't see this posted yet, apologies if this is a repeat.....

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Daily Mail- Faces Reunion Off Stones Tour On
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 1, 2013 17:42

PARTY!!!!

smileys with beer

BUT MAINLY!!!!

"Another nail in the coffin of the proposed reunion of the influential band – whose hits included Stay With Me – is guitarist Ronnie’s plan to tour with the Stones next year."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-01 17:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 1, 2013 17:45

Bah, this is just a mish mash of old news recooked

All in all though, Rodders, who I used to love, is a dooshbag nowdays

Date: November 1, 2013 17:55

Monkeytonkman
Bah, this is just a mish mash of old news recooked

All in all though, Rodders, who I used to love, is a dooshbag nowdays

Hey Monkeytonkman, you should check out 'ROD The Autobiography' - a very funny account of his life, well worth a read!

Date: November 1, 2013 18:54

Ya know what a few years ago I woulda jumped at the chance, cus I know he can tell a good yarn.

He has just started to grind my grits over the last few years, especially over this Faces fiasco.

he blames Ronnie for not getting the faces back together, cus of the Stones, but Ronnie has been more than open to a faces reunion over the years, and its always never happened cus Rod has nixed it and focussed on his solo career.

Now, he's got a bit of credibility back after those godawful throat cancer albums, he's going on about. 'OOOh I'd Luuurve to get the Faces back together, but what with Ronnies 'other' band it can't happen.

N that's before you figured in that Rod is as tight as a ducks arse and probably would like to have a larger share of the box.

Bollocks! I'm off the watch the Quireboys

\m/

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 1, 2013 18:57

monkeytonkman

Has Rod told you lately that he loves you?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 1, 2013 19:13

Far east tour in march and april, about 15 dates in japan, china, australia, new zealand and singapur, thats 100% confirmed.
Nothing yet about europe.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 1, 2013 19:23

georgelicks
Far east tour in march and april, about 15 dates in japan, china, australia, new zealand and singapur, thats 100% confirmed.
Nothing yet about europe.

Confirmed by whom George?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 1, 2013 19:43

Monkeytonkman
Ya know what a few years ago I woulda jumped at the chance, cus I know he can tell a good yarn.

He has just started to grind my grits over the last few years, especially over this Faces fiasco.

he blames Ronnie for not getting the faces back together, cus of the Stones, but Ronnie has been more than open to a faces reunion over the years, and its always never happened cus Rod has nixed it and focussed on his solo career.

Now, he's got a bit of credibility back after those godawful throat cancer albums, he's going on about. 'OOOh I'd Luuurve to get the Faces back together, but what with Ronnies 'other' band it can't happen.

N that's before you figured in that Rod is as tight as a ducks arse and probably would like to have a larger share of the box.

Bollocks! I'm off the watch the Quireboys

\m/
Rod can no longer sing well enough for a band that he doesn't control 1000%.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 1, 2013 20:09

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 1, 2013 20:32

corriecas
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
jeroen

Go grab a coffee jeroen...it'll pick you right up!

Date: November 1, 2013 21:05

Just think...If Rod and Sting did a duet it could put us all to sleep...hell you could even throw in the Canadian Thunder to make it even slower!

Date: November 1, 2013 21:19

Munichhilton
Just think...If Rod and Sting did a duet it could put us all to sleep...hell you could even throw in the Canadian Thunder to make it even slower!

Just think, if Rod and Sting ever dated, they'd be known as Sting Rod !

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 1, 2013 21:28

treaclefingers
corriecas
jeroen

Go grab a coffee jeroen...it'll pick you right up!

I will pass on that, just a glass of red wine please

jeroen

Date: November 1, 2013 21:32

Dude.

This has already happened

Sting, Rodders n Adams

enjoy

Date: November 1, 2013 21:33

Now if that don't send you off, ain't nuffin will....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 1, 2013 23:21

In the meantime - a nice song:

Date: November 2, 2013 15:34

Monkeytonkman
Dude.

Sting, Rodders n Adams

enjoy

Great googly moogly...

Didn't he used to head the Faces...and that other guy, didn't he used to head The Police...and that third guy...wasn't he Canadian?

Date: November 2, 2013 15:52

Munichhilton
Monkeytonkman
Dude.

Sting, Rodders n Adams

enjoy

Great googly moogly...

Didn't he used to head the Faces...and that other guy, didn't he used to head The Police...and that third guy...wasn't he Canadian?

Like Madonna, he's moved to the UK and started speaking with an affected British accent.

I believe it's terminal.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 2, 2013 16:06

The Daily Mail. **** paper written by ****s

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 2, 2013 20:55

Apparently, Jeff Beck has nixed a reunion with Rod, as he felt Rod's voice couldn't belt out the material on Truth and Beck Ola.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 2, 2013 21:00

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
Monkeytonkman
Dude.

Sting, Rodders n Adams

enjoy

Great googly moogly...

Like Madonna, he's moved to the UK and started speaking with an affected British accent.

I believe it's terminal.

This is confusing.

We have an Englishman in new York who used to pretend to be Jamaican, a fake Scotsman who used to front an ace englsh band and a Canadian who is affecting a British accent!?

Re: Ronnie & Rod Stewart - London, September 9
Date: November 2, 2013 22:55

Baffling indeed grinning smiley

Re: Ronnie, Rod, Faces & Stones
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 3, 2013 12:53

Never mind all of this. What mattered with The Faces can still be found on their albums and on You Tube. There is a great 43 minute video of those boys up from 1972 that shows what they were all about. In those happier days, this was one rocking outfit. You were always guaranteed a good time at a Faces show, and in the Ronnie Lane years there were few better bands around.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 01:25

filstan
Never mind all of this. What mattered with The Faces can still be found on their albums and on You Tube. There is a great 43 minute video of those boys up from 1972 that shows what they were all about. In those happier days, this was one rocking outfit. You were always guaranteed a good time at a Faces show, and in the Ronnie Lane years there were few better bands around.

Totally true--I saw them during those years in large venues, small venues, clubs, festivals, and never had less than a rocking good time. Major fun plus excellent musicianship plus wonderful songs plus a terrific frontman. (The perfect band for Ronnie W, too.)

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 4, 2013 13:56

Just saw Rod on VH-1 playing an outdoor fest in London- Download Festival I believe- with Ronnie Wood guesting at some point. Rods set- particularly his voice which is shot- was cringe inducing. Awful Vegas style revue, really depressing to see the type of vibe/arrangements he favors these days. Didn't stick around to see Woody. No wonder he wont play with The Faces -he absolutely couldn't cut it live out in front of a rock and roll band anymore. I suppose that's savvy of him to realize it and not try.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 4, 2013 18:06

Detroit Free Press published an interview with Rod a few days after the Daily Mail's unnamed source said Rod had negged future Faces plans.

Of course the interview could have been done prior to the Mail's "news". Or the Mail could have completely fabricated it.

From the interview with Brian McCollum:

And five years after an abandoned Faces reunion attempt, Stewart says he’s still game for linking up with the band’s surviving members, including Ron Wood.

“We’re closer to the Faces getting together,” he says. “I see Woody more than I see anybody else, and we do talk about it. It really stems from him — he’s got to give some window of opportunity and commit to it, because directly when I start saying, ‘Well, I’ll do it,’ he goes and does a tour with the Stones. But as far as I know, they’re finished now. So maybe it’ll happen.”

[www.freep.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home