Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: OT Faces Reunion on !!!
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 5, 2013 18:56

I wouldn't walk across the street to hear Rod Stewart sing now. It's over. His voice is gone. He doesn't even have a younger audience that would be curious about the Faces because they ended 40 years ago and are now an obscure band. It would be better to have Ronnie tour again with Mick Hucknall and Ian and Kenney.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: December 5, 2013 19:08

No way is Rod really into this. He feels the social pressure to do this. Partly for old times sake. Partly to show he can rock out like his fellow septuagenarian Mick Jagger. Good for Rod finally agreeing. Just saying Rod prefers solo because he makes a mint. Be it his (lamo) American songbook or playing his older rock material from his solo albums

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 5, 2013 19:15

stonehearted
That Rod Stewart is getting to be a regular Ray Davies.

grinning smileygrinning smileysmileys with beer>grinning smiley<

I know exactly what you mean!

...I wish they can both get their poop together and just do it!
...at least for Ray, I will continue to see him as a solo act because he is always interesting.

Re: Ronnie, Rod, Faces & Stones
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 6, 2013 02:02

The only "confirmation" of a Faces 2015 tour is the one made up by rte.ie's nameless writer. Rod Stewart simply said that his people were talking with Ronnie's people.

That comment was about 10 seconds of an interview where Rod discussed everything but The Faces.

Carter Alan of WZLX was more interested in talking about Jeff Beck. ;-)

[wzlx.cbslocal.com]

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: December 6, 2013 04:52

if that story is true about rod interested in a reunion in 2015, he's about 10-20 years too late, he hasn't been a rock and roller in a generation now and he's done. let the simply red dude carry the torch, at least he's got a voice and his heart is in it, something stewart obviously doesn't have invested. i sure hope ronnie doesn't get his hopes up. why doesn't he do a 20 date tour himself, maybe with taylor like what they did, open it up across the country in small venues, surely would sell out small theaters or bigger clubs like the 'slide on this' tour.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 6, 2013 05:08

ifyacantrockme
if that story is true about rod interested in a reunion in 2015, he's about 10-20 years too late, he hasn't been a rock and roller in a generation now and he's done. let the simply red dude carry the torch, at least he's got a voice and his heart is in it, something stewart obviously doesn't have invested. i sure hope ronnie doesn't get his hopes up. why doesn't he do a 20 date tour himself, maybe with taylor like what they did, open it up across the country in small venues, surely would sell out small theaters or bigger clubs like the 'slide on this' tour.

I know where you're coming from on this topic. This no argument but just an opinion. With respect to a Faces Reunion, it would work! Also, I think it would be a major tour and sell out arenas within minutes. Rod Stewart alone has done very well and I love seeing him concert. Also, as said many times previously, this a perfect "date" concert.

However, chances seem unlikely due to the Stones's Tour.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 6, 2013 05:22

bye bye johnny
The only "confirmation" of a Faces 2015 tour is the one made up by rte.ie's nameless writer. Rod Stewart simply said that his people were talking with Ronnie's people.

That comment was about 10 seconds of an interview where Rod discussed everything but The Faces.

Carter Alan of WZLX was more interested in talking about Jeff Beck. ;-)

[wzlx.cbslocal.com]

Why can't Rod simply talk to Ronnie instead of "his people" talking to "Ronnie's people" ......... that's what I wanna know !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 6, 2013 07:42

for this tour to sell well it would have to be billed as rod stewart and the faces

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 6, 2013 08:00

^ Wasn't that the reason the Faces broke up to begin with?

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: December 6, 2013 15:10

Now it should be Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart with the Faces

Date: December 6, 2013 15:38

varilla
Now it should be Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart with the Faces

why? rod stewart can sell 8,000 tickets by himself. ron wood would be lucky to tour venues that hold 1,000 people as a solo artist

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: December 6, 2013 17:57

Because he is a Rolling Stone. Theres only four and a half Rolling Stones in the world.
That why, because of his status.
Rod would kill for being Mick Jagger....

Date: December 6, 2013 20:44

varilla
Because he is a Rolling Stone. Theres only four and a half Rolling Stones in the world.

ron woods name is not a big draw and would not help move tons of tickets like rod stewarts name. if they billed a tour as just the faces i think ticket sales would not be that big in most cities. if they bill it as rod stewart and the faces i think they could sell about 7,000-8,000 tickets in most cities. if it was billed as ron wood and the faces i think we are back to square one

Date: December 7, 2013 14:00

From Rod's interview with Bernard Perusse, published in the December 6 Montreal Gazette:

Stewart said he and old friend Ronnie Wood still talk about reforming the Faces, and they expect to revisit the topic over dinner in a couple of weeks. “We’re sort of targeting 2015,” Stewart said, adding that it would have to be worked in with Wood’s day job as a Rolling Stone. “We’d better get it all done, because they’ll be putting nails in our coffin.”

The Faces have done some live work without Stewart, using former Simply Red singer Mick Hucknall as the lead vocalist. Stewart said he emailed Hucknall to praise his work on Stay With Me — in the original key. “I said ‘Honest, mate, I closed my eyes and it really sounded like me.’ He did such a great job,” Stewart said.

[www.montrealgazette.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 7, 2013 23:46

keefriffhard4life
varilla

ron woods name is not a big draw and would not help move tons of tickets like rod stewarts name. if they billed a tour as just the faces i think ticket sales would not be that big in most cities. if they bill it as rod stewart and the faces i think they could sell about 7,000-8,000 tickets in most cities. if it was billed as ron wood and the faces i think we are back to square one

How about Rod Stewart and The Jeff Beck Group featuring Ron Wood?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 8, 2013 02:11

Why doesn't Ronnie just reform the Birds for a series of theatre and shows in 2015?

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: December 8, 2013 09:21

This is a real sicko situation here, Stewart, who is a prick and always has been, gets some sort of kick out of jerking them around, and I know Woody is at least a part-time idiot, but I don't know what's wrong with Mac and Kenney, but something is, they play into this every time, and they keep coming back for more. Have a little dignity already! LET IT GO! I loved the Faces, but the last thing I want or need is to pretend it's 40 years ago, and it's disturbing that they do. I hate to quote Bono, but you do glorify the past when the future dries up. Mac and Kenney have to have the self-respect to just put a period and move on with their lives, and if that old bastard starts blowing gas again about how he'd LOVE to do a Faces' reunion, don't take the bait.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2013 15:07

Ian McLagan, the former keyboard player in the Faces has poured cold water on Rod Stewart’s recent claims that the band could be set for a reunion. Earlier this month the singer told Boston radio station WZLX: “Ronnie [Wood]'s office is talking to my people, and we're ear-marking 2015."

Speaking to Uncut, however, McLagan says there’s no chance of a Faces reunion in 2015, as he and drummer Kenney Jones are keeping the year free for celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of The Small Faces – a band whose line-up did not include Stewart.

“It’s interesting that Rod announces these things without talking to me or Kenney,” McLagan says. “Why would we @#$%& around with the Faces when we’ve got bigger fish to fry? We’ve done the Faces and he didn’t turn up.”

The Faces reformed for concerts and festival dates in 2010 and 2011, with Mick Hucknall as vocalist after Stewart declined to take part. “Rod says he’s keen to do it now, and I believe him,” McLagan adds. “But he’ll have to wait until 2016 because 2015 is The Small Faces’ year.”

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Date: December 14, 2013 01:14

So Rod's people didn't talk to Mac's people. Or Kenney's.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:25

Creation reunion set for 2017!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 14, 2013 02:57

Gazza
Ian McLagan, the former keyboard player in the Faces has poured cold water on Rod Stewart’s recent claims that the band could be set for a reunion. Earlier this month the singer told Boston radio station WZLX: “Ronnie [Wood]'s office is talking to my people, and we're ear-marking 2015."

Speaking to Uncut, however, McLagan says there’s no chance of a Faces reunion in 2015, as he and drummer Kenney Jones are keeping the year free for celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of The Small Faces – a band whose line-up did not include Stewart.

“It’s interesting that Rod announces these things without talking to me or Kenney,” McLagan says. “Why would we @#$%& around with the Faces when we’ve got bigger fish to fry? We’ve done the Faces and he didn’t turn up.”

The Faces reformed for concerts and festival dates in 2010 and 2011, with Mick Hucknall as vocalist after Stewart declined to take part. “Rod says he’s keen to do it now, and I believe him,” McLagan adds. “But he’ll have to wait until 2016 because 2015 is The Small Faces’ year.”

[www.uncut.co.uk]

That's the attitude, Ian! thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 14, 2013 21:07

Here's something I've never seen before. 1971 footage from a Faces concert at l'Olympia:

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: December 14, 2013 21:11

How are the Small Faces going to reunite without Steve Marriott?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 14, 2013 21:43

roundnround
How are the Small Faces going to reunite without Steve Marriott?

The same way Humble Pie did?

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: December 20, 2013 08:26

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-20 08:31 by bonddm.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 20, 2013 12:19

I have a lot of respect for Ian McLagan, but I don't really see why they need the whole year free for a reunion or anniversary of a band where two really important members are gone since long.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 21, 2013 02:48

Annie Leibovitz 1975

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: December 21, 2013 03:13

keefriffhard4life
for this tour to sell well it would have to be billed as rod stewart and the faces

"Rod Stewart and Faces" is how they were billed the last time they toured. I have no interest a prospective reunion, but I had a great time back in 1975 or whenever it was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-21 03:14 by blivet.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 21, 2013 04:18

This is getting ridiculous.

[www.wcsx.com]

"Well, it's just that nobody's talked to me about it. I just read it in the paper...I don't want to slag him off, but why don't you call me and Kenney? We don't have to call Rod or Ronnie about the Small Faces, because we've only got one year to celebrate the 50th anniversary. We can't do it in 2016, and we're not gonna do it in 2014...The suggestion I read in the paper is we get together in 2015. Not acceptable! Why wouldn't he call me to ask if I'm f***ing busy? I've got gigs. I'm a working musician. I work every day. So it's like...Kenney and I are planning on 2015. We'll see what happens."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-21 04:22 by tatters.

Date: January 9, 2014 03:10

Kenney Jones Tries to Set Record Straight on Faces Reunion: 'We've Been Talking'

By Gary Graff, Detroit | January 08, 2014

The Faces AND the Small Faces may well be active concerns in 2015 -- at least if drummer Kenney Jones has his way. Jones tells Billboard that a Faces reunion tour, with Rod Stewart fronting the group again, is indeed in the planning stages.

"We've been talking; Woody's (guitarist Ron Wood) management and myself, we were talking to Rod's management," Jones says.

Stewart made the news public last month, much to the chagrin of keyboardist Ian McLagan, who hadn't heard anything and responded derisively to Stewart's comment. "Mac didn't realize we were talking because it was in it's early stages," Jones explains. "But he understands full now. (Stewart) probably presumed everyone knew we were doing it, so there was nothing intentional."

Details are still being ironed out, but Jones says that the reunion "would be lovely to do, we've been talking about it (for) long enough. You've got to start talking about it about a year ahead of you're going to do something. The Faces never finished on a good note (in 1975), so it would be nice to finish on a good note, and that would be that."

Stewart has been tough to pin down for the project. The group has played occasional shows since 2009 with Mick Hucknall singing, and illness kept Stewart from attending the Faces' 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

"He's been busy doing the things he's been creating -- Vegas and all the Songbook (albums)," Jones says. "I loved the Songbooks; a lot of people say it's not really rock 'n' roll or this or that, but they're the songs I grew up with, and they're great song. Why not go with them? I think he did a great job, but now he's discovered himself again. He's going back to his roots, a bit more rock 'n' roll, so this is a good time for (a Faces reunion)."

Jones says Conrad Korsch, Stewart's regular bassist, will likely stand in for the late Ronnie Lane.

Jones, who along with McLagan was actively involved in compiling the upcoming Small Faces box set, "Here Come the Nice -- The Immediate Years 1967-1969," says discussions are also under way about also commemorating the 50th anniversary of that group's first hit single, "Watcha Gonna Do About It." Meanwhile, the drummer is continuing to work on a script for an animated version of the Small Faces' 1968 concept album "Odgens' Nut Gone Flake," which Jones says he's had in mind since the album was recorded.

"I fell in love with it straightaway, 'cause the lyrics tell the story," Jones recalls. "While we were writing it you got to know the characters in it -- at least I did. They all came alive to me, and I went up to everybody afterwards and said, 'This would make a great cartoon' -- I didn't know the word 'animation' -- and they just looked at me and carried on talking. But I've carried this idea with me through the Small Faces and everything I've done in my musical career. So I can't wait to get it out of my head and down on and on a film, finished, done."

Jones says he's been through several iterations of a script, including fleshing out the album's characters and adding others to fill out the story, and he's also spoken with animators -- most of whom have advised him to finish the script before moving forward.

[www.billboard.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home