Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: OT: Faces Reunion More Important Now Than Ever, Says Kenney
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:20

That's really heartfelt, Kenny wants to play. He is a great drummer, with Faces of course but I saw The Who with him as drummer many times and he was a big force. Took way too much bs, he had a tough time with Daltry and Moonie's legend but Kenny beat the hell out of drums and played the music his way. I hope Kenny gets himself a band..

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:34

Uh, just one problem. Who plays keys? If Mac ain't there, forget it. Too bad Rod scratched his bum too long on making a decision.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 20, 2015 06:55

Yeah, @#$%& that. Kenny Jones should say "hey, Rod screwed us over one too many times and now Ian's dead so a true reunion as it should have for decades will never happen". I'm sure he wants to play, and sure it would be nice if those 3 got together, but the big opportunity was missed because Rod was being a class A diva. If a Faces reunion ever happens now, it won't what it should have been, and after Ian's death, I'm fine with it never happening at this point. Rod blew it.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:03

What's the point? It's just another show where Rod and Woody get together and this time they allow Kenny in on it too. Won't be The Faces in my opinion, a lot of the spirit that the band had is gone now.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:20

DoomandGloom
That's really heartfelt, Kenny wants to play. He is a great drummer, with Faces of course but I saw The Who with him as drummer many times and he was a big force. Took way too much bs, he had a tough time with Daltry and Moonie's legend but Kenny beat the hell out of drums and played the music his way. I hope Kenny gets himself a band..

Hmm. The Who made a mistake having Kenney join. His drumming was never quite right with them, no matter how hard he hit them. Not his faut, but it wasn't a good match. Zak Starkey is really the only drummer who captured Moon's spirit.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:12

tomk
Uh, just one problem. Who plays keys? If Mac ain't there, forget it. Too bad Rod scratched his bum too long on making a decision.

That is indeed a potential problem, but with all the musicians out there I'm hoping they can find someone who can channel the spirit and touch of Mac, could care less if they are a known entity or not. Just hope they don't go for star power and make the decision based on closeness to Mac's approach to music.

And Kenny's probably the one I'm least worried about pulling it off. Rod seems to have forsaken his rock and roll soul and Ronnie has been so used to weaving with Keith I think they both need a new (old) approach to pull it off.

peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2015 09:09

No Tetsu, no Faces.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 20, 2015 10:00

tomk
Yeah no Mac, no Faces...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 10:06

for what i have heard, Ronnie has something to do this year.....let's say may-july and oct-nov..... or do i miss something?

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 20, 2015 13:59

tomk

Leavell is more than capable

Posted by: Kevinstones78 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:14

Without Mac it couldn't ever b the same. The way he played those keys like no other. They waited to long. Rods to busy in Vegas

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 20, 2015 15:29

reg thorpe
tomk

eye popping smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 15:58

eye rolling smiley
andrewt
reg thorpe
tomk

eye popping smiley

Re: Ronnie, Rod, Faces & Stones
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:23

I also don't like Leavell but I think he can do it pretty well.
He played many different styles pretty good, eg. with the Allmans or EC.
In the end it's better than doing nothing.
Alone to see Ronnie and Rod joining the stage together is worth a try.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:48

Gotta agree with the naysayers- no Plonk and no Mac, Rods voice is shot -whats the point? Feeling just about the same about any Kinks reunion prospects these days. Just goes to show how exceptional The Stones really are for being able to deliver a great show with no excuses well into their late 60's/70's.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:06

well why don't they ask Booker T. Jones to sit in with them...

>>Underpinning the works is McLagan's Hammond B-3 warmth, which Bragg claims became so influential that Eighties UK keyboardists frequently had two organ presets on their synthesizers: "Booker T." and "Mac."<<

(from the Austin Chronicle )

call the band 'Wood Stewart Jones and Jones' ...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:25

71Tele
DoomandGloom

Hmm. The Who made a mistake having Kenney join. His drumming was never quite right with them, no matter how hard he hit them. Not his faut, but it wasn't a good match. Zak Starkey is really the only drummer who captured Moon's spirit.
I am in the minority on this Tele.. But The "Who Are You" tour and The Who at Shea in 1982 were incredible. I saw Moon once for "By The Numbers" and yes it was different. People complain about Allan White in Yes but replacing performers like Bill Bruford and Moon is nearly impossible. I saw Zack too but by then the band was so expanded The Who thing was really gone, sometimes it seemed Zack was trying too hard to imitate.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:35

Kevinstones78
Without Mac it couldn't ever b the same. The way he played those keys like no other. They waited to long. Rods to busy in Vegas
Yeah..Once again: NO MAC ,NO RONNIE LANE, NO FACES...Woody and Rod dont cut it, even with Kenney...Thats just Woody, Rod and Kenney....

Date: March 20, 2015 21:28

Yeah..Once again: NO MAC ,NO RONNIE LANE, NO FACES...Woody and Rod dont cut it, even with Kenney...Thats just Woody, Rod and Kenney....[/quote]

..as in just Pete and Roger?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2015 01:45

Ronnie Wood: Faces reunion 'brilliant', but we won't do it for the money

Ronnie Wood says he would love a Faces reunion - as long as it wasn't about money

Owen Sweeney / Rex Features

By Hannah Furness, Arts Correspondent
30 Apr 2015

It is the moment fans have been waiting for: official confirmation of a Faces reunion nearly 50 years after the band formed.

And it appears a reunion between Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart and Kenney Jones is one step closer to happening - if their management can agree on the finances.

Wood has said he thought a reunion tour between the three would be “brilliant”, after a one-off impromptu performance at Stewart’s 70th birthday.

But, he claimed, it was being held up by Stewart’s management, who had made “everything about money”.

Speaking at a public Q&A in front of fans, to publicise his new diaries, Wood said he wanted to simply “get together and play for people”.

The musician, who was joined on stage by DJ Bob Harris and his dog Dolly, told an audience at the Ambassadors Theatre in London he was keen to get the surviving members of the band back together after the death of Ian McLagan.

When asked if he would ever work with Rod Stewart and Kenney Jones again, he spoke about having to deal with Stewart's management.

"[They] make everything about money and we're trying not to do that," Wood said. "Why can't the three surviving guys from the Faces just get together and play for people?”

To cheers from the audience, he added: “That's what we want to try and do. I think that would be brilliant."

His words echo sentiments from Jones, who earlier this year said: “Rod, Woody and me are still going to do the Faces this year. It’s more important now than ever.”

The trio performed together earlier this year at a private party, before Stewart returned to his Las Vegas residency.

Rod Stewart’s management did not respond to requests for comment on Thursday.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 2, 2015 02:09

Ok Ronnie, you don't want to do it for the money.....Hmmm...Just give your share to Rod then and everyone will be happy. eye rolling smiley

peace

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2041
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home