Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 43 of 44
Re: OT NFL 2013-14
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 3, 2014 06:21

No Expectations
Max'sKansasCity
No Expectations
To each his own I guess. I just found little to it myself. I gotta get back to Gilligans Island reruns cuz there is no point in watching this game any further. The only mystery left is whether Denver will score? So much for all the Peyton Manning is the best QB ever. Utterly embarassing performance by Denver.

Did Bob Denver ever score on the island? Its been a while since I watched, but I dont think so, but maybe once with those native ladies that came over on that one episode when he was playing drums... and I agree that role of Gilligan was pretty embarassing.

winking smiley

They never acknowledged that he ever scored but I think I saw a twinkle in Mary Anns eye a couple of times. But that could have been for the professor.
grinning smiley I am not sure that they acknowledged that Denver ever scored today either.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 3, 2014 06:24

latebloomer
It was a very nice show, I like Bruno Mars too. Not sure whether he has longevity, but he has done some nice pop songs and his performances are cool, he goes for that old school look and channels some James Brown moves.

I can't remember any half time show as being particularly memorable, but as they go, this one was entertaining and fun. I don't think you can expect more than that.

The Stones show was because I think that was the first time for the tongue stage that they are using now with the "pit" in the middle.

The worst show I recall is The Black Eyed Peas. I thought that was awful.

Congrats to the Seahawks, I guess defence does win championships.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 3, 2014 07:57

There is a huge party here in the beautiful city of Seattle. Our beloved
Seahawks pounded the Broncos bringing the Lombardi trophy here to the Emerald City.

We love our Hawks. I can cross this off of my bucket list.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: February 3, 2014 14:53

Thought it would be a lot closer and not as high scoring but had feeling that Seattle would win in end.

I couldn't imagine it would be a blow out and Denver/Manning would that inept, unprepared, just plain bad.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 3, 2014 16:55

kudos to the Seahawks and their fans.

enjoyed Bruno Mars.

Bob Dylan selling Chryslers... wtf? i mean really, wtf?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 3, 2014 16:59

Rip This
Anthony Kiedis looked amazing....wow. Bruno Mars was better than the game.

So was the Amish documentary on PBS...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2014 17:08

It was glorious! I am watching the game again now. Gotta love the DVR. All & all might be best day of my life. Some other things were going on in addition to game that are very good, indeed. + I actually won a futures bet in Vegas! Woo hoo! Placed it last March. I think I'm going to have to go down & collect soon. This has been fun all year & look forward to sparring with all my friends next year!grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 3, 2014 17:13

crholmstrom
It was glorious! I am watching the game again now. Gotta love the DVR. All & all might be best day of my life. Some other things were going on in addition to game that are very good, indeed. + I actually won a futures bet in Vegas! Woo hoo! Placed it last March. I think I'm going to have to go down & collect soon. This has been fun all year & look forward to sparring with all my friends next year!grinning smiley

Congratulations Chuck! Just don't take your winnings and put it all on black at the roulette wheel!

I did that once...instant deflation!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 3, 2014 22:12

Congrats to the Seahawks. I think most of Vancouver was also partying last night!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2014 23:53

DGA35
Congrats to the Seahawks. I think most of Vancouver was also partying last night!

I am in recovery mode. Wore me out & I didn't even take to the streets. Wisely, I had taken the day off ( had to anyway ). Chilling out today.smileys with beer

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: February 3, 2014 23:57

Rip This
Anthony Kiedis looked amazing....wow. Bruno Mars was better than the game.

I thought they were great.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 4, 2014 00:05

crholmstrom
DGA35

I am in recovery mode. Wore me out & I didn't even take to the streets. Wisely, I had taken the day off ( had to anyway ). Chilling out today.smileys with beer

Having watched your "fandom" all season, I have to say, If anyone deserves a day to recover, it's you! Not caring much about the result myself, I found myself being happy for the IORR fans as the Seahawks pulled away last night. Enjoy this win for all you can!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 00:11

My colleague in my office, who has season tickets, will be making the drive down the I5 early Wednesday to Seattle watch the parade!

Early James Brown moves/Bruno Mars
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 3, 2014 16:40

Anybody else catch the moves?

Re: Early James Brown moves/Bruno Mars
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 3, 2014 17:30

Yeah. I think he's trying way too hard to get a James Brown comparison. The hair, the dancing, the group. When he drops to his knees and they drape a cape over him that's the clincher.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 3, 2014 17:51

Brown was great. But Bruno has some darn great dance moves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-03 17:56 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 3, 2014 21:47

Bruno is quite talented. I guess that the drum intro was there to make a stament that he's for real. I like the James Brown \ Earth Wind and Fire show he putted on.
Hey Mick, maybe you want to rethink the cast for the James Brown movie you're producing...

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 3, 2014 22:48

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: February 3, 2014 23:34

loved it. Probably the best halftime show so far.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: February 4, 2014 01:01

RockinJive

Agreed. Best half time show ever. Bruno surprised me with his talent and the jam with RHCP was amazing.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 4, 2014 02:23

Yes, along with Otis Redding references and a ripoff of the vocal from "Shout!" (a little bit softer now, a little bit louder now...). In fact, if you put all 60s soul singer moves into a compueter and asked it to come up with a new singer, it would probably spit out this guy.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 4, 2014 02:49

I really enjoyed his performance. Very refreshing to see a young performer kick some butt. IMO best halftime show ever.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 4, 2014 02:57

...better than Prince?..I don't think so...but really good....Bruno Mars had a great night.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:04

71Tele
Yes, along with Otis Redding references and a ripoff of the vocal from "Shout!" (a little bit softer now, a little bit louder now...). In fact, if you put all 60s soul singer moves into a compueter and asked it to come up with a new singer, it would probably spit out this guy.
thumbs up agreed... and then out of the blue they add the Peppers?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:24

To much epigonism for my taste. Let's hope Mr Mars hasn't copied Mr Brown's personal lifestyle as well...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:51

And a certain Mr. Jagger's moves were not at all inspired by those of Mr. Brown.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 4, 2014 21:08

Anyone else see the article from USA Today that the RHCP didn't even bother to plug in their instruments for their SB 1/2 time Performance?

Date: February 4, 2014 23:51

stewedandkeefed
RockinJive

Agreed. Best half time show ever. Bruno surprised me with his talent and the jam with RHCP was amazing.

thumbs up

Date: February 4, 2014 23:53

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

It was odd I thought but worked incredibly well. The energy was amazing, would have been very cool to see it live.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 5, 2014 03:37

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

It was odd I thought but worked incredibly well. The energy was amazing, would have been very cool to see it live.

I liked the Chili Peppers popping up too. It seemed random, but it worked.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 43 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1129
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home