Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 37
Re: Glastonbury 29-June-2013 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:29

2000 Light Years from Home , what a cool surprise !!! SFTD : don't like at all when Ronnie seemed more focussed on posing than playing...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:30

Here's the entire BBC broadcast, for those who don't like to see it link by link:

Date: June 30, 2013 09:35

marianna
I keep reading how brilliant Keith's Satisfaction solo is, too. I'd like to have what those people are smoking. Not that he plays it badly, but it's about four notes played over and over.

Thankfully, it is! Just like it should be. A real percussive Keith-solo.

I don't think you're getting it, with this comment. He always did this.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:36

JumpingKentFlash
Still no Glastonbury Girl?

Most people who were there to film it won't be home until Monday evening.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:42

bye bye johnny
Some superb photos from AP and Getty Images, with apologies for size and/or duplication. ;-)

Yeah, this is the photo I was asking for earlier!

All those complaining about guitars "low in the mix" and all that haven't seen a show in this tour, and the audience sure didn't seem to be complaining.

This was the first truly big show (i.e., stadium-sized) they've had on this tour, and for them it must have been like going home, in getting to do that large-"stadium" thing again. The fun and excitement was coming through both the radio and television feeds--though, granted, the radio mix was louder, fuller. People complaining here about the sound must have only been watching the television feed. If you had Bose headphones plugged into your computer for the radio feed, then it was the next best thing to being there--and I'm sure The Stones wouldn't instruct their sound people to dampen the guitars and etc. for such a large space.

Yes, they killed it! So what if Mick was a bit off-key in the start of 2000? They did it, and no other band could ever do it with such thunder.

Posted by: Neighbours ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:53

Cristiano Radtke
Here's the entire BBC broadcast, for those who don't like to see it link by link:

thanks!!!

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 30, 2013 10:14

Deathgod

2000 Light Years !!!!

Its THAT good! Its getting me emotional watching it.
Who cares about the few first off key words. Its the best new goddam song on the tour yet and wont be beaten. Awesome.
As Bill says "I love that song"

Dough

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2013 10:24

stonehearted

Yes, they killed it! So what if Mick was a bit off-key in the start of 2000? They did it, and no other band could ever do it with such thunder.

They killed it! That's exactly what I thought seeing them on the BBC. Good luck and all the best wishes for those who will see them at Hyde Park. smileys with beer

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: June 30, 2013 10:40

I watched the BBC broadcast on tv. Unbelievable... This show only proves there is no other rock and roll band that comes even close to this big, grande, huge and rich sound and diverse song catalogue this band produces!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 30, 2013 10:55

Aquamarine
I'm still knocked out by that picture of Mick and Keith at the top of the page, and by seeing them together on the T of the stage. smiling smiley

Yes, that is a truly fabulous photo - and my new screensaver!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 30, 2013 11:04

Just watched the show on the BBC2.

What a gig !! The band was on fire !!! 2000 lightyears and they still rock !!!
Great Great.

See ya at the Ziggodome !!!

Thanks for the music !!

jeroen

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 30, 2013 11:11

fantastic, no more words...
Sici

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 30, 2013 11:52

Cristiano Radtke
Here's the entire BBC broadcast

Thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 30, 2013 12:17

Really looking forward to bv's review and indeed anyone else's who was there in person.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:24

DoughboyUK
Deathgod

2000 Light Years !!!!

Its THAT good! Its getting me emotional watching it.
Who cares about the few first off key words. Its the best new goddam song on the tour yet and wont be beaten. Awesome.
As Bill says "I love that song"

Dough

Mick has had several these off key problems during this tour, I wonder if this is some technical or monitoring thing or an age thing?

Did he have these issues on previous tours? I remember he used to be quite reliable as a singer.

Not that this was any huge problem for me for this song but I just wonder...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:30

Thrylan
You mean they shook up the set list, at a festival full of casual fans, and they liked it?????? MICK!!!! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!!!!

thumbs up

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:37

Cristiano Radtke

Amazing great concert, saw it just on YouTube. I'm sure it was the greatest performance of all Glastonbury concerts, which happened until now. >grinning smiley<spinning smiley sticking its tongue out>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:38

Amazing. Well done.

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:40

Fantastic performance and unbelievable that they have done this now! At 69 years old ! Speechless!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:41

Wow - loved what I have heard and seen so far and cannot wait for Hyde Park. How great, above all, to see Keith looking totally 'present' throughout and as if he is really enjoying himself, Mick Taylor loosing several stone since last November by the looks - will he ever be thin enough to be a full Stone again?- and even Charlie cracking the odd smile, despite being made to sit in a field late at night!

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:43

rollingon

Mick has had several these off key problems during this tour, I wonder if this is some technical or monitoring thing or an age thing?

Did he have these issues on previous tours? I remember he used to be quite reliable as a singer.

Not that this was any huge problem for me for this song but I just wonder...
you can see Mick adjust his in ear mic before starting into the second verse.Credit to the Stones for playing a tricky song like that in that environment.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:47

He was having difficulties with the sound. You can see him adjusting.
All of a sudden (2nd verse) he gets it right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 12:49 by BowieStone.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:48

Mattty7619
Fantastic performance and unbelievable that they
have done this now! At 69 years old ! Speechless!

+1

And that they got 200.000 young people going! Great experience for them.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:55

Why all the bitching?

Lets just enjoy the greatest rock n roll band ever.

Fantastic show and cant wait for next week.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 30, 2013 13:05

That was great!!!!! Thanks BBC2smileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 30, 2013 13:12

Cristiano Radtke

Very nice and where can you get audio or video of the first half?

Posted by: Rick56 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 13:16

a guy on dime is saying they have the whole set froma satelite feed

I can never get what I want

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 13:20

I've had time to sober up, reflect and reappraise. I've watched the BBC broadcast again this morning.

This was a great performance. Brilliant setlist - the perfect mix of unusual and warhorse. Great!! (Pissed off I wasn't there.) This gig will go down in history. I know this when I get a stream of phone calls from non-stones fan mates saying how god they are (I got three such calls).

I think they fed off the energy of having a young audience jiumping around down the front. I've long said that the Stones really started going down hill when they started having seated gigs and charging a fortune.

Thankfully, Hyde Park will be GA so there will also be a great crowd and atmosphere there down the front and the Stones will feed off of it.

I wonder if they'll be able to persuade the fire snorting phoenix to visit the big smoke from its natural habitat in Zummerzet?

Date: June 30, 2013 13:27

Okay, my very first impression from yesterday after watching a stream without sound and listening to BBC2 radio instead for the better sound.

I was sweating through Keith's whole second Sympathy solo and up to the end of the song (because he finally played there too), hoping so much he would manage it! And he did well, even pulled it through, did not stop playing after his second solo, leaving the ending "empty". Don't know if that has happened one time during the American tour, from watching many videos I don't think so. The ending has always sounded a bit lost.

I think Mick was maybe a bit nervous, more than during the recent normal Stones shows? Having problems with Tumbling Dice?! But when Brown Sugar came, he was back on track. I thought I could feel, that they all really wanted to be good and that they played it relatively save to deliver a strong performance, especially since it was broadcasted live and probably will be released on some DVD. They did very well, but looked more relaxed and played looser on some Youtube videos I saw. One can hardly blame them, it was an important show.

There were better Midnight Ramblers. The two Micks didn't harmonize as brilliantly during the harmonica-guitar duet as they sometimes did before. Mick Jagger tried to get that magic somehow, I think, and was talking to Mick Taylor during that part several times, but I could not understand, what he was saying. Nevertheless it was a good version.

I also noticed, that Keith's guitar wasn't as loud as I have heard it on the audience Youtube videos, especially realized it on Satisfaction. The horns were much louder. Also wondered, if that was in case he would play too many wrong notes (which I think he didn't). And if this was the case probably only in the mix that was broadcasted live, not in concert?

2000 Lightyears sounded too unrehearsed, at least Mick Jagger. He didn't get the right feeling and sang so off key. But it is nice they played something different, what everybody asked them to do including me.

It seems they made it! All together a strong second half. Of course I can't judge the first, not broadcasted one. They rose to the occasion in what was shown live. I have to see and listen to it again and I want to hear the other songs.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 30, 2013 13:35

some pics..

[www.jutarnji.hr]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home