Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 37
Re: Glastonbury 29-June-2013 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:00

People have been saying here what a great show Bruce Sprinsteen puts on these days with lots of heart that beats the Stones Las Vegas style static setlist ....

Stones at Glastonbury 2013 beats any show Bruce has ever done plus I have no use for his music anyway. Beats anything Bono-U2 have ever done. No one can top this one. The only equivalent I see are the shows they did 1972-73 with Mick Taylor. Can't wait for the boot (or what have you) to come out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 03:02 by triceratops.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:00

TheKamanick
Beast
<<probably lots of first timers, yes?>>

They were surely the majority.

Which is why I'm dreading Hyde Park. As a first timer myself, I reckon all those who've seen them countless times (like f***ing everyone on this site) will only affect the atmosphere negatively.

I think tonight will end up being the best crowd the Stones will see on this tour.

Don't worry hyde park will be iconic, the stones are there.

*Flame shield up*

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:03

Medzvel
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

It's got to be said that those photos of the Rolling Stones in that review are utterly superb.

Date: June 30, 2013 03:04

TheKamanick
Beast

Which is why I'm dreading Hyde Park. As a first timer myself, I reckon all those who've seen them countless times (like f***ing everyone on this site) will only affect the atmosphere negatively.

I think tonight will end up being the best crowd the Stones will see on this tour.

*Flame shield up*

Believe me, there's nothing to dread - quite the opposite.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:05

Yep, I like that one too that I just ripped from the BBC broadcast ;-)

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:05

Beast
Medzvel
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

It's got to be said that those photos of the Rolling Stones in that review are utterly superb.

And they are 67-72 years old!!!!! Plus some younger sidemen, bass player, background singers, french horn players

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:06

No Expectations
three16
No Expectations
three16
I have No Expectations stones fan, but I'm sure those shows were some of the greatest ever.

You asked for the review. Don't be bitter cuz you got what you asked for! :-))

But I didn't get what I asked for, you said you didn't have time. So now I'm out of time. Go fight with your neighbors kids.

Wow if that isn't an I'm going home and taking my ball with me cop out! You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need!
We're not playing cops & robbers here, It's called, "Winning Ugly" So I got want I needed. Sometimes, a guy can get what he needs, without trying. Peace, enjoy the rest of the tour.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:06

triceratops
People have been saying here what a great show Bruce Sprinsteen puts on these days with lots of heart that beats the Stones Las Vegas style static setlist ....

Stones at Glastonbury 2013 beats any show Bruce has ever done plus I have no use for his music anyway. Beats anything Bono-U2 have ever done. No one can top this one. The only equivalent I see are the shows they did 1972-73 with Mick Taylor. Can't wait for the boot (or what have you) to come out

thumbs up

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:07

triceratops

Your point went invalid when you said you didn't like Springsteen. I also prefer The Stones, but that statement is just ridiculous.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:07

U2 is a great live band.

Springsteen too.

Love both of them to death.

One thing is for sure, the young people in the audience must be shell-shocked.

They witnessed a combo of power and energy that is other worldly.

Shock and Awe baby!

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:08

[www.dimeadozen.org]
THE ROLLING STONES - Glastonbury Festival June 29th 2013 LIVE BROADCAST (DVD) JTT
[www.dimeadozen.org]
The Rolling Stones - Glastonbury Festival - UK - 29th June 2013 - [1080i]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 03:11 by sabata.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:09

Some nice pics here too:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:10

Beast
TheKamanick
Beast

*Flame shield up*

Believe me, there's nothing to dread - quite the opposite.

...Are you sure about that? Comparing practically every US show to tonight's crowd, you can obviously see the difference.

I have a feeling on Saturday, I'll be the only one going batsh*t crazy while everyone else is stood still and watching through their camera lens.

I'm sorry but that's the impression I've been given from every show thus far (apart from tonight).

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:11

beachbreak
U2 is a great live band.

Springsteen too.

Love both of them to death.

One thing is for sure, the young people in the audience must be shell-shocked.

They witnessed a combo of power and energy that is other worldly.

Shock and Awe baby!

Yeah them Stones made all the other acts seem like garage bands, they probably now wonder why they like the others to begin with.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:11

three16
No Expectations
three16
No Expectations
three16
I have No Expectations stones fan, but I'm sure those shows were some of the greatest ever.

You asked for the review. Don't be bitter cuz you got what you asked for! :-))

But I didn't get what I asked for, you said you didn't have time. So now I'm out of time. Go fight with your neighbors kids.

Wow if that isn't an I'm going home and taking my ball with me cop out! You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need!
We're not playing cops & robbers here, It's called, "Winning Ugly" So I got want I needed. Sometimes, a guy can get what he needs, without trying. Peace, enjoy the rest of the tour.

Your posts have now become so off base there can be no response. Have a great day!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:13

Great show tonight and only seen BBC 2 hour through a foggy haze with drink taking a large part.
Will wake up tomorrow and take it all in with the great setlist etc.
Sounds as if it was a gig to remember.
Busy day tomorrow and time to take it all in.
So glad that the majority here think it was a really good and memorable show.
smileys with beer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:14

Enjoyed that, and so did my neighbours.................spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:18

No photo of the final bow with Keith? I must say, the European crowd is different from those in the USA....there are some strange comments here. They really do think American audiences are less enthusiastic?? That's because they've never seen the Stones on American turf!! Why only 20 songs, I wonder? I can't wait to get the boot of this show so Ican hear it all the way through.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:19

Got to love the internet. I had my computer on the patio and enjoyed the show while grilling for the family. We here in Syracuse, NY, think that was a show for the ages.

Date: June 30, 2013 03:20

BeautifulBuzz
Some nice pics here too:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

And there's another cool gallery here as well:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:23

mickschix
No photo of the final bow with Keith? I must say, the European crowd is different from those in the USA....there are some strange comments here. They really do think American audiences are less enthusiastic?? That's because they've never seen the Stones on American turf!! Why only 20 songs, I wonder? I can't wait to get the boot of this show so Ican hear it all the way through.

american stones fans are incredible. i say that as one :-)

however, a bunch of the people at the US shows on this tour were just there because they got free tickets from their employer or business partner and they wanted to say they'd seen the rolling stones.

i don't doubt that the crowd was incredibly at glastonbury and i don't take the comments vs the american fans as a reflection on the quality of american stones fans, but rather the audience that the stones chose to have on their tour via the ticket pricing scheme.

hopefully the stones will see that it's better to have their audience full of fans of their music

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:23

I agree mickschix, it's not a competition for who has the best audience. A little bit juvenile guys and completely unnecessary. We should all be just celebrating together.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:27

Two copies of the show on DVD on dime already

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:29

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:29

This is such a fantastic photo, it deserves to be on the front page of this very website.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:31

sonomastone
mickschix

american stones fans are incredible. i say that as one :-)

however, a bunch of the people at the US shows on this tour were just there because they got free tickets from their employer or business partner and they wanted to say they'd seen the rolling stones.

i don't doubt that the crowd was incredibly at glastonbury and i don't take the comments vs the american fans as a reflection on the quality of american stones fans, but rather the audience that the stones chose to have on their tour via the ticket pricing scheme.

hopefully the stones will see that it's better to have their audience full of fans of their music

Definitely some truth to that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 03:31 by No Expectations.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:31

Mick got recognized by some folks. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:33

bbeliko
As the american shows prove, a crappy audience = crappy show, thank G-d for the Glasto Crowd, what a show!

GFY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 03:33 by virgil.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:34

mickschix
No photo of the final bow with Keith?

Just posted one above, but here is a larger version :

Date: June 30, 2013 03:34

Deltics
This is such a fantastic photo, it deserves to be on the front page of this very website.

Yes, that is one seriously killer pic.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home