Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 37
Re: Glastonbury 29-June-2013 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:34

virgil
bbeliko
As the american shows prove, a crappy audience = crappy show, thank G-d for the Glasto Crowd, what a show!

GFY

The truth hurts. Stop watching the shows through a camera lens.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:35

triceratops
And they are 67-72 years old!!!!! Plus some younger sidemen, bass player, background singers, french horn players

They're 66-72, actually. Remember, Ronnie is still just a kid--he's only just turned 66.winking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()

virgil
bbeliko
As the american shows prove, a crappy audience = crappy show, thank G-d for the Glasto Crowd, what a show!

GFY

Or doo lay lo mo as they say in China & HK.

Posted by: No Expectations ()

virgil
bbeliko

GFY

Wow very harsh comment but the post was pretty ignorant!

Posted by: beachbreak ()

All you need to do is look at Ronnie and especially Keith's face in that JJF photo to know that the boys KNEW that were on fire tonight.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:36

NME review : [www.nme.com]

Uncut review : [www.uncut.co.uk]

NME Glastonbury photo gallery : [www.nme.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:37

sonomastone
mickschix
No photo of the final bow with Keith? I must say, the European crowd is different from those in the USA....there are some strange comments here. They really do think American audiences are less enthusiastic?? That's because they've never seen the Stones on American turf!! Why only 20 songs, I wonder? I can't wait to get the boot of this show so Ican hear it all the way through.

american stones fans are incredible. i say that as one :-)

however, a bunch of the people at the US shows on this tour were just there because they got free tickets from their employer or business partner and they wanted to say they'd seen the rolling stones.

i don't doubt that the crowd was incredibly at glastonbury and i don't take the comments vs the american fans as a reflection on the quality of american stones fans, but rather the audience that the stones chose to have on their tour via the ticket pricing scheme.

hopefully the stones will see that it's better to have their audience full of fans of their music

I'm not singling you out sonomastone, I think you're argument here is very reasoned. But, I'd really like to see the proof of that statement, it's gotten bandied about here in the discussions of the ticket prices, but I'm not convinced it's true. I'd like to see hard evidence there. I went to four US shows and didn't run into any corporate types, just fans.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:41

latebloomer
sonomastone
mickschix
No photo of the final bow with Keith? I must say, the European crowd is different from those in the USA....there are some strange comments here. They really do think American audiences are less enthusiastic?? That's because they've never seen the Stones on American turf!! Why only 20 songs, I wonder? I can't wait to get the boot of this show so Ican hear it all the way through.

however, a bunch of the people at the US shows on this tour were just there because they got free tickets from their employer or business partner and they wanted to say they'd seen the rolling stones.

i don't doubt that the crowd was incredibly at glastonbury and i don't take the comments vs the american fans as a reflection on the quality of american stones fans, but rather the audience that the stones chose to have on their tour via the ticket pricing scheme.

hopefully the stones will see that it's better to have their audience full of fans of their music

I'm not singling you out sonomastone, I think you're argument here is very reasoned. But, I'd really like to see the proof of that statement, it's gotten bandied about here in the discussions of the ticket prices, but I'm not convinced it's true. I'd like to see hard evidence there. I went to four US shows and didn't run into any corporate types, just fans.

That's even true here in small back water like Wales, the girl next door to me works for Virgin Atlantic locally and last week she said there were a ton of free tickets being distributed for the various Hyde Park shows, (not just Stones),.....but she said all the Stones ones vanished in seconds........

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:44

latebloomer
sonomastone
mickschix

my evidence is based on talking to the people sitting around me in the section at the show i was at prior to th show, and friends and co-workers from around the country who went to various shows, most of whom were not big stones fans and didn't pay for their tickets - a company had paid for them and given them the tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 03:46 by sonomastone.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:47

TheKamanick
virgil
bbeliko

GFY

GFY = Good For You. I also do not own a camera.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:48

Sounds like an absolutely brilliant show, the "boys" really brought it! I was away at a class so I couldn't watch the BBC coverage but I'm taking your word for it. winking smiley

Hopefully a video of "Glastonbury Girl" will surface, would love to hear that one! I love that they started off with JJF, if that didn't get the crowd going right off the bat I don't know what would have. Also fantastic that they included CYHMK to really show off their virtuosity, I hope Mick let MT run the song. 2000 LYFM, another huge surprise, would never have expected it!

I LOVE the Rolling Stones, they truly are the GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!!!! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Please come back to the US soon, I need another fix, or two or three! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 04:37 by Thru and Thru.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:49

RAMBLER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 30, 2013 03:50

2000 Light Years !!!!

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:03

That Rambler video is great!

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:03

Jealous about Glastonbury here in LA. Sorry but I was at the O2 opener, San Jose, Anaheim, and Toronto shows. O2 was last for fan enthusiasm, certainly not bad not as wild as Toronto... Everyone around me at each show paid full pop. Just the facts from the 4 shows I saw.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:09

Deathgod

Perhaps the Best Version.

Ever.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:14

triceratops
People have been saying here what a great show Bruce Sprinsteen puts on these days with lots of heart that beats the Stones Las Vegas style static setlist ....

Stones at Glastonbury 2013 beats any show Bruce has ever done plus I have no use for his music anyway. Beats anything Bono-U2 have ever done. No one can top this one. The only equivalent I see are the shows they did 1972-73 with Mick Taylor. Can't wait for the boot (or what have you) to come out

Looks like a nice set list but come on, 20 songs? Please, no one can touch Springsteen right now. like him or not!!

Date: June 30, 2013 04:16

MisterDDDD
Deathgod

Perhaps the Best Version.

Ever.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE stop with the best ever idiocy!

Date: June 30, 2013 04:18

virgil
TheKamanick
virgil
bbeliko

GFY

GFY = Good For You. I also do not own a camera.

I think you have the wrong acronym for GFY

The proper interpretation is Go F**k Yourself!

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:19

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:25

tommyturbo76
Jealous about Glastonbury here in LA. Sorry but I was at the O2 opener, San Jose, Anaheim, and Toronto shows. O2 was last for fan enthusiasm, certainly not bad not as wild as Toronto... Everyone around me at each show paid full pop. Just the facts from the 4 shows I saw.

That might be because half the tickets for the 02 went to wannabee ticket touts or people who spent £1000 for a pair of nosebleeds and then realised 10 minutes later that they were washing their hair that evening and so were forced to put them for sale on e-bay

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:26

BBC news just showed short clips of JJF and Paint It Black - neither of which were broadcast on the Glastonbury coverage. I guess that'll be reshown over the next day or so

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:31

Ron and Keith barely play on SFTD. Watch their hands. I listened to a bit of the show on streaming radio and heard a lot of Chuck Leavell's keyboards throughout. I'm not sure why people give these reports of how awesome the guitars sound on this show when they seem to be playing less than usual. These guys are playing okay, but the show sounds more slick and together due to Darryl's bass playing, Chuck's keyboards, and the horn section. It's as if someone made a decision to play it that way to make it more consistent for broadcast.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:35

marianna
Ron and Keith barely play on SFTD. Watch their hands. I listened to a bit of the show on streaming radio and heard a lot of Chuck Leavell's keyboards throughout. I'm not sure why people give these reports of how awesome the guitars sound on this show when they seem to be playing less than usual. These guys are playing okay, but the show sounds more slick and together due to Darryl's bass playing, Chuck's keyboards, and the horn section. It's as if someone made a decision to play it that way to make it more consistent for broadcast.

Hey marijuana, what u smokin?

Date: June 30, 2013 04:41

I keep reading how brilliant Keith's Satisfaction solo is, too. I'd like to have what those people are smoking. Not that he plays it badly, but it's about four notes played over and over.

Date: June 30, 2013 04:42

marianna

That would be MJ

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:42

Perhaps I could've made my point in a different way, but sonomastone got it right.

sonomastone
bbeliko

Maybe they'll realize it's more fun to play for music fans than guests of corporations

There is no denying that a good precentage of the crowd at a lot of this year shows weren't there for the stones, or for the music. People not singing along, not responding to Mick, they almost look like they'd rather be anywhere else, and it's not exclusive to the stones.

I was pretty hyped to go to Crossroads this year, the 2010 one in Chicago is one of my personal highlights, but dear lord, the looks I got when I started saying that Keith might show up, before Jeff Beck's set, or when Clapton played with the Allman Brothers.
People just couldn't care less, the difference? The 2010 festival was GA, tickets were $100 this year the nosebleeds were going for that amount of money, floor was
$500.

I wasn't taking a shot at american audiences, I was taking a shot at MJ and company for basically excluding thousands of etntusiastic fans, fans that were there at the pyramid stage tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 04:44 by bbeliko.

Date: June 30, 2013 04:44

Maybe it's just the way the show was mixed for broadcast, but Glastonbury was a real showcase for Chuck. Go, Chuck.

Date: June 30, 2013 04:46

marianna
Maybe it's just the way the show was mixed for broadcast, but Glastonbury was a real showcase for Chuck. Go, Chuck.

That is an awful thought! Most boring keyboard player in the history of the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-30 04:49 by No Expectations.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:48

J.J.Flash
marianna

Yeah thats what I was thinking after watching MR and 2000. Rambler is like the Chuck showcase here. Not saying that they weren't playing well, but that mix is like a Steel Wheels tour flashback.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home