Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift and other guests - all comments go here!
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:00

Which one do you think is the most scrumptious and most worthy of risking throat cancer for?

I've seen them without makeup, and they don't look so good.

They could try bringing up other girls like Demi Lovato, Mariah Carey, Amanda Bynes (lol), Lindsey Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, RuPaul...Richard Simmons...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:20

Munichhilton
corriecas
I think Jagger is following the feeling in his groin...picking sexy women.

jeroen

He still has feelings there? Damn they make a pill for everything!

well, he also got a pill for his on stage wig.
Jeroen

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:27

sanQ
Which one do you think is the most scrumptious and most worthy of risking throat cancer for?

I've seen them without makeup, and they don't look so good.

They could try bringing up other girls like Demi Lovato, Mariah Carey, Amanda Bynes (lol), Lindsey Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, RuPaul...Richard Simmons...

Or Adele the screeching whale...
Rock and roll,
mops

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:46

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Beyonce make an appearance. I looked up her schedule, and she just finished a European tour, and is back relaxing in NYC for 3 weeks before starting a US tour. Not far for the Philly or Boston shows.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: June 7, 2013 07:32

Taylor Swift compliments the Stones in interview
2nd question at 3 minutes in:
[link.brightcove.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:18

rollmops
[Or Adele the screeching whale...
Rock and roll,
mops

So following this logic are Mr. Taylor, Bobby, Lisa, and Mr. Jones also whales?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 7, 2013 09:33

Rocky Dijon
rollmops
[Or Adele the screeching whale...
Rock and roll,
mops

So following this logic are Mr. Taylor, Bobby, Lisa, and Mr. Jones also whales?

Adele is a great singer in the tradition of soul, blues, and classic rock. Her arrangements are more modern but she is one of the few of her generation with both talent and the desire to carry on the tradition of talented british musicians honoring and evolving traditinal black American music. The people lumping her in with the no talents must not have heard her or must not be fans of music.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 7, 2013 14:17

..Not surprisingly, the singer was still on a high from her performance with the Rolling Stones Monday night in Chicago. “It was everything you think it would be but better,” she said. “They handwrite notes thanking you for being there. You get pictures with them.” As far as her and Mick Jagger’s onstage waltz, Swift said that came from their working through “As Tears Go By.” “The musical director and Mick and I were rehearsing the song with a piano and we started dancing a waltz with overly exaggerated ballet moves. We forgot the words and we incorporated a twirl into the performance in homage to our hilarious rehearsal.”

Read more at [www.hitfix.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 7, 2013 14:51

Re the snarky comment about Adele...

Rollmops...You really have a lot to learn about music. And talent.

Date: June 7, 2013 15:11

stonesrule

Sorry Stonerule but I don't like Adele. I started to read the interview in rolling stones Mag a while back and didn't like her personality. I like Amy Winehouse but I don't like Adele at all.
Rock and roll,
mops

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:18

I know they're gonna wind up singing with Miss Piggy. I just know that this is how it ends.....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:44

stonesrule

i have a lot to learn about archery....and ship-making. we all have our weak areas.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:59

Montreal guesses?

Leonard Cohen?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:13

get rid of the guests and let MICK TAYLOR play on more songs ,then you get a SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:32

slew
Again you people are just ridiculous!! Does having Taylor Swift on stage effect your life at all? She is not all that bad and she'll be more audible than Tom Waits. People need to lighten up!

Hear hear, well said drinking smiley

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:10

stringpull
I know they're gonna wind up singing with Miss Piggy. I just know that this is how it ends.....

Wow. And I always tell my niece that, in an inordinate number of fans... rock and roll stunts emotional growth. More than any other genre. Thanks to you and Rollmops for proving that once again,.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 7, 2013 21:00

stupidguy2 WELL SAID!

Date: June 7, 2013 22:00

stringpull
Thankx stingpull. Never thought about it but yes she looks like her the muppet girl a little bit.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:05

Let's look at this "special guest" thread from another angle. Suppose the remaining members of Led Zeppelin decided to get back together for a reunion tour, and they decided to be "current" like Mick Jagger has done and add a special guest to sing one of their songs- ala Taylor Swift to sing a duet with Robert Plant on "Going to California." As ludicrous as this may sound (we didn't think we would see Swift and the Stones on the same stage did we/nor Mick Taylor playing with them in 2013 so anything could happen, right?), how would you feel about this?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:15

Alfonz
Montreal guesses?

Leonard Cohen?

That would be amazing. Therefore the Stones would never do it.

What song would Leonard do? How about Coming Down Again?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:16

Sighunt
Let's look at this "special guest" thread from another angle. Suppose the remaining members of Led Zeppelin decided to get back together for a reunion tour, and they decided to be "current" like Mick Jagger has done and add a special guest to sing one of their songs- ala Taylor Swift to sing a duet with Robert Plant on "Going to California." As ludicrous as this may sound (we didn't think we would see Swift and the Stones on the same stage did we/nor Mick Taylor playing with them in 2013 so anything could happen, right?), how would you feel about this?

But Led Zep performances have been sparse and usually involve a plane or a train and 3 days off work to get to. They don't need to mix it up because we would go nuts over an out of tune under rehearsed Rain Song...

The Stones know we're sick of 'em...so bring out the reinforcements..

Dammit Keith...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:26

stringpull
\

If your reference is it ain't over till the fat lady sings, that's at least amusing.

I am, however an Adele fan and an Amy Winehouse fan so I was defensive of the whale remark.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:32

Win Butler from Arcade Fire special guest on Sunday grinning smiley

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: June 8, 2013 03:58

Rocky Dijon
stringpull
\

If your reference is it ain't over till the fat lady sings, that's at least amusing.

I am, however an Adele fan and an Amy Winehouse fan so I was defensive of the whale remark.

I honestly thought he meant Miss Piggy was gonna take the stage...its not truly beyond reason. She's an international star and appeals to about the same demographic as MOST of the guests thus far...

Adele by the way is far more talented then piggy...I hope piggy doesn't read that...

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 9, 2013 01:06

How about Bruno Mars? This kid is hot right now & the real deal I think.

Date: June 9, 2013 01:08

DEmerson
How about Bruno Mars? This kid is hot right now & the real deal I think.

he's from another world

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: June 9, 2013 05:41

I was going for the puppet...you want to drag the fat limey chick into it, fine. Im game. Its the perfect time for the Muppet Rolling Stone Show. Pigs and $$$.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 9, 2013 10:24

All talent aside, I fail to see what a special guest brings to a Stones show other than a detour I don't want. If I wanted to see any of these guests, I would go see them, they are all very active. I haven't been motivated to see any of them so far, and breaking the flow of my Stones show isn't helping their case..... They are harshing my mellow...

Date: June 9, 2013 16:06

stringpull
I was going for the puppet...you want to drag the fat limey chick into it, fine. Im game. Its the perfect time for the Muppet Rolling Stone Show. Pigs and $$$.

Please have some respect...Piggy is a Muppet...

Date: June 9, 2013 17:10

Thrylan
All talent aside, I fail to see what a special guest brings to a Stones show other than a detour I don't want. If I wanted to see any of these guests, I would go see them, they are all very active. I haven't been motivated to see any of them so far, and breaking the flow of my Stones show isn't helping their case..... They are harshing my mellow...

you unmellow too easily. have you tried smoking two joints after you've smoked two joints?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home