Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift and other guests - all comments go here!
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 6, 2013 00:59

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
chris girard
I think Mick's a genius. They are getting written up all the time and its always about who sang at the concert with them. Huffington Post had a piece about Taylor and the Stones as well as Katy Perry. An observation only Taj Mahal sang something other than a Stones war horse which says a lot about what they think of him. I saw him on the Blues Cruise a couple years ago and he's absolutely great in person. I got to meet him also, cool guy.

Mick is expanding the fan base, don't ever forget this is a business and the Stones are a product line, and Mick's a businessman. Its about money sometimes and music when they are on stage.

You are correct Sir.

Mick is keeping people talking about them and he is gaining new fans, GREAT FOR HIM!! and is a good thing too, because it seems like daily another poster here is going over to the dark side, becoming a complainer who whines about everything the Stones do, from set list to guests.... and these ex fans do need to be replaced with fresh fans who are happy to still have the Stones still Rolling, versus only having a bunch of old people grumping all the time about everything.

i don't understand what's wrong about us old grumpy folks bitching all the time and trying to ruin the fun for others.

exfans and grumpy old people are best seen and not heard (or read).

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 6, 2013 01:03

I was just looking at the list of "world's most powerful celebrities" on Forbes.com

If we take the female "singers", and assuming that Adele joins them in Hyde Park, then there is still Rihanna, Beyonce and Britney Spears to go before Jagger has completed the top 7. He is only just over halfway there. Much work to be done, Sir Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-06 01:03 by Alfonz.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 6, 2013 01:04

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
chris girard
I think Mick's a genius. They are getting written up all the time and its always about who sang at the concert with them. Huffington Post had a piece about Taylor and the Stones as well as Katy Perry. An observation only Taj Mahal sang something other than a Stones war horse which says a lot about what they think of him. I saw him on the Blues Cruise a couple years ago and he's absolutely great in person. I got to meet him also, cool guy.

Mick is expanding the fan base, don't ever forget this is a business and the Stones are a product line, and Mick's a businessman. Its about money sometimes and music when they are on stage.

You are correct Sir.

Mick is keeping people talking about them and he is gaining new fans, GREAT FOR HIM!! and is a good thing too, because it seems like daily another poster here is going over to the dark side, becoming a complainer who whines about everything the Stones do, from set list to guests.... and these ex fans do need to be replaced with fresh fans who are happy to still have the Stones still Rolling, versus only having a bunch of old people grumping all the time about everything.

i don't understand what's wrong about us old grumpy folks bitching all the time and trying to ruin the fun for others.

you, sir, are a bigot.

Date: June 6, 2013 01:07

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
chris girard

You are correct Sir.

you, sir, are a bigot.

Just remember, dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

Date: June 6, 2013 01:18

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
chris girard

You are correct Sir.

you, sir, are a bigot.

Just remember, dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

does this have something to do with those annoying warhorses or something?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 6, 2013 01:39

What if you have a gift at looking warhorse in the mouth...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 6, 2013 01:43

Roscoe
treaclefingers
Hi, I'm new to this board...anyone know who the guest is for tomorrow's show in Toronto?

Celine Dion

That would truly be the moment I turn in my membership badge and all my fan credentials. (I'll keep my well-worn copy of "Monkey Grip", however).

Date: June 6, 2013 01:47

71Tele
Roscoe
treaclefingers
Hi, I'm new to this board...anyone know who the guest is for tomorrow's show in Toronto?

Celine Dion

That would truly be the moment I turn in my membership badge and all my fan credentials. (I'll keep my well-worn copy of "Monkey Grip", however).

please. consider that having celine on-stage with them is perhaps the only thing that will take the emotion and sting out of the whole swift-gate debacle.

Date: June 6, 2013 01:48

Thrylan
What if you have a gift at looking warhorse in the mouth...

Let your conscience be your guide.

[mdc.mo.gov] right click to enlarge/zoom

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 6, 2013 01:50

How about Geddy Lee on ER, falsetto and all....

Re: Truly Disgtusting
Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 6, 2013 02:08

tatters
Spodlumt
Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas?

Probably. 43,552,639 Taylor Swift facebook "friends" can't be wrong.

taylor swift walks into a bar, the bartender goes up to her and says "hey, why the long face" lol

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2013 02:10

Slick
tatters
Spodlumt

taylor swift walks into a bar, the bartender goes up to her and says "hey, why the long face" lol

You can't LOL at your own jokes! Thats so not done...

Date: June 6, 2013 02:12

StonesTod
71Tele
Roscoe
treaclefingers

Celine Dion

please. consider that having celine on-stage with them is perhaps the only thing that will take the emotion and sting out of the whole swift-gate debacle.

Please don't say "Sting". It might give them ideas...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 6, 2013 07:56

Munichhilton
Slick
tatters
Spodlumt

You can't LOL at your own jokes! Thats so not done...

But it's not really his own joke, so....

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 6, 2013 08:54

Can't wade through most of that stuff above.

Is it the End of the World yet?

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 6, 2013 16:06

chris girard
I think Mick's a genius. They are getting written up all the time and its always about who sang at the concert with them. Huffington Post had a piece about Taylor and the Stones as well as Katy Perry.

While it's certainly true that the Stones are getting written up all the time as a result of some of these questionable guests, I fail to see any evidence that the fan base is expanding correspondingly. Have the tickets all suddenly been sold out for the remaining gigs? Has there been a dramatic increase in sales of their albums? The answer of course, is NO.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 6, 2013 16:15

I'm going to travel to Philly to see The Rolling Stones; I just hope that the musical guest is not going to be a pop chick artist. I can't believe it has come that going to a rock and roll show!! It's better to laugh at it, I hate pop music, I hope not to many rolling stones fans are going to blame me for it.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: June 6, 2013 16:22

Some great ideas for the special guests (which are not gonna happen, obviously)

Billy Gibbons to do some rythmn & blues classic
Robert Cray
George Thorogood for some Chuck Berry stuff
Francis Rossi grinning smiley

Date: June 6, 2013 16:25

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Roscoe
treaclefingers

Celine Dion

Please don't say "Sting". It might give them ideas...

Sting is quite good in a band setting. It's when he's solo that he sucks badly...plus he and Darryl Jones have a decent history...

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 6, 2013 16:38

Lucinda Williams would be good

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 6, 2013 16:38

Lucinda Williams would be my pick

Date: June 6, 2013 17:02

GOO
Lucinda Williams would be my pick

the poster above you agrees with you....

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:09

Stones Tod, your astute post above proves you must have done well in school.

Date: June 6, 2013 18:21

stonesrule
Stones Tod, your astute post above proves you must have done well in school.

i dun graduated from the sixth grade!

Date: June 6, 2013 18:24

What about Lucinda Williams...any of you dweebs ever think of that?
Ha! Thought not...

Date: June 6, 2013 20:07

Munichhilton
Ha! Thought not...

She actually did a great version of Wild Horses with Elvis Costello on TV a few years ago.

Date: June 6, 2013 20:12

Munichhilton
Ha! Thought not...

Touring in Europe...

Date: June 6, 2013 21:40

DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton
Ha! Thought not...

Touring in Europe...

Would it kill her? She can bring that Costello fello along...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 6, 2013 21:51

I think Jagger is following the feeling in his groin...picking sexy women.

jeroen

Date: June 6, 2013 21:54

corriecas
I think Jagger is following the feeling in his groin...picking sexy women.

jeroen

He still has feelings there? Damn they make a pill for everything!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home