Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16
Taylor Swift and other guests - all comments go here!
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:06

Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight

I get it that Jagger is bringing all these lightweights (Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood etc..)on stage so he can sell a future live album that will appeal to all demo's, but this (T.Swift) is the absolute low of the Stones 50 year career.

How could a band of the Stones iconic/legendary status belittle their legacy by sharing the stage with these pop tarts? I'm all for seeing Dave Grohl, Bruce Sprinsteen, John Fogety, The Black Keys or anyone else of substance on stage with the Stones but this is getting truly pathetic.

If Keith knew who these people were we would not allow it...What's next Justin Beiber? Barry Manilow? Michael Buble?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 19:19 by bv.

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:11

I'll be hiding my head in shame tomorrow at the office when people bring this up

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:16

She may be a musical lightweight, but at least she writes her own songs and can play some instruments...not to mention she's beautiful.

I"m NOT a fan of hers (how could I be? I'm a 34-year old straight man), but I can think of a lot worse contemporary artists to come out onstage.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:18

I have no issues with these guests anymore, now that I came up with the possible conclusion of a Stones live album with nothing but guests songs... then again I am secure with my fan ship, and I trust Mick, he is a genius.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 05:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:19

you are correct, this is another step, a new low. So many great people out there, Chicago tradition, etc. and they go with this. This is the one thing that makes me think Keith is out of it. They might as well bring out Amanda Bynes next, I'm sure she can sing as well as Swift.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 05:24

It's funny, the first shows had Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry, and the resultant flak I thought was why when I saw them both nights in Anaheim they had Dave Grohl and John Mayer. I thought, "Oh, the Stones responded to the flak and the pop chicks are now history for the rest of the tour." But I was wrong.

The only conclusion, then, is that the Stones know that we here in Orange County aren't a bunch of pussies. (I'm joking! It's just a joke!)

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:05

Not that they are good songs, but Swift writes her own material and has a good voice. She is certainly an upgrade over Carrie Underwood or Gwen Stefani.

If they want to keep the investment bankers and their dates happy in the $600 seats (the same people that another thread mentions like to leave early), Mick seems to have bent to adding the 'special guest' thing. So much for being rock rebels.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:11

Mick looks to be having some fun... I wonder why?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:11

People like Max's Kansas City and JumpingWhackOMole see this as the Stones engaging in the now, in being relevant.

The rest of the world see it for what it is. Amazing how those tickets are so expensive for such cheap shitty guest artists for the Stones to stoop so low to have.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:16

GasLightStreet
People like Max's Kansas City and JumpingWhackOMole see this as the Stones engaging in the now, in being relevant.

The rest of the world see it for what it is. Amazing how those tickets are so expensive for such cheap shitty guest artists for the Stones to stoop so low to have.

And burned out gaslight is just here to blather BS, be an azzhole and start shit.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:16

Again you people are just ridiculous!! Does having Taylor Swift on stage effect your life at all? She is not all that bad and she'll be more audible than Tom Waits. People need to lighten up!

Date: June 4, 2013 06:17

Their upcoming live album with Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood, Gwen Stefani, Taylor Swift, Lady Ga Ga etc...is going to be so dated in five years.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:20

James - I don't think that will be a live album. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:21

Just think if the Stones attempted a stunt live album like this in the 80's they would have been dueting with the likes of Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, George Michael, Poison, and New Kids on the Block. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it, but the Katy Perry's + Taylor Swift etc, are going just as ridiculous in a few years...I just don't get these guys these days.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:23

Max,

By your logic, you'd like to see Bieber on stage in Toronto, is that right?

Real genius.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Date: June 4, 2013 06:28

Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet

And burned out gaslight is just here to blather BS, be an azzhole and start shit.

Just stating the obvious ie truth. Reality. Something you have lost site of that you've jumped a shark to join a team of one nutcase to prattle on about.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:28

camper88
Max,

By your logic, you'd like to see Bieber on stage in Toronto, is that right?

Real genius.

Show me the logic you balthering about.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:32

The logic you're blathering about

Max'sKansasCity
I came up with the possible conclusion of a Stones live album with nothing but guests songs... I trust Mick, he is a genius.

That would make a Bieber stage appearance in Toronto part of Mick's genius, along with the cluster-fcuk that is a K Perry and T Swift guest spot.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:35

camper88
The logic you're blathering about

Max'sKansasCity
I came up with the possible conclusion of a Stones live album with nothing but guests songs... I trust Mick, he is a genius.

That would make a Bieber stage appearance in Toronto part of Mick's genius, along with the cluster-fcuk that is a K Perry and T Swift guest spot.
I never said Bieber. That was you.

If you think Bieber is just like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift, then that is about you, but I dont think Mick want to dance and sing around with dudes... or Bieber

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:36

AEG is sponsoring her tour as well as the Stones.

There's worse things than having a HOT young girl whose HUGELY popular
do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.

Do people really want them to stop what they have done for decades and
just do some kind of "farewell" tour??

I don't.
Keep building that fan base.

Keep selling those records.

And keep touring.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:37

Max'sKansasCity
I dont think Mick want to dance and sing around with dudes

Not Mick, no.

Because then he'd have to sing and dance with The Rolling Stones.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

MisterDDDD
AEG is sponsoring her tour as well as the Stones.

do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.

Do people really want them to stop what they have done for decades and
just do some kind of "farewell" tour??

I don't.
Keep building that fan base.

Keep selling those records.

And keep touring.

It looks... oh nevermind.

There's worse things than having a HOT young girl whose HUGELY popular do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.

thumbs up smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 06:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 4, 2013 06:38

Max'sKansasCity
do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.thumbs up

How about the Stones doing something other than a warhorse without some special guest?

Date: June 4, 2013 06:43

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.thumbs up

How about the Stones doing something other than a warhorse without some special guest?
Not an original thought in your pea brain...
just quote and troll... rinse repeat... starved for attention... boring as ever.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:46

He's had a few dudes as special guests this tour.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 4, 2013 06:50

angee
He's had a few dudes as special guests this tour.

Mainly to appease Lwren? winking smiley Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do... And the men he has had are not Beibers.... they are rockers with guitars ablazing

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 06:56

Sexist adolescents. All their criticism is reserved for the female guests. Get over yourselves. It's one song. The Pop Group the Rolling Stones are performing with Pop Acts.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:02

Why is it sexist to criticize female guests? The Stones are the sexist ones for choosing such lightweight female guests compared to the male ones.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:03

Max'sKansasCity
Mick looks to be having some fun... I wonder why?

"Well I took her down to Barney's, bought her a brand new set of boots,she tried 'em in my arms, and's lookin' terminally cute. I tried to take it easy, put my dick back on a leash. If I see big trouble comin', I'm gonna beat a quick retreat.
She's so young, God help me, she's so young."

Mick, you sly dog!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home