Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:03

It is an alltime low.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:07

marianna
Why is it sexist to criticize female guests? The Stones are the sexist ones for choosing such lightweight female guests compared to the male ones.

I agree... Why not Lucinda Williams, cat power, and the like if they have to have guests?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:09

Sighunt
Max'sKansasCity
Mick looks to be having some fun... I wonder why?

"Well I took her down to Barney's, bought her a brand new set of boots,she tried 'em in my arms, and's lookin' terminally cute. I tried to take it easy, put my dick back on a leash. If I see big trouble comin', I'm gonna beat a quick retreat.
She's so young, God help me, she's so young."

Mick, you sly dog!
smileys with beer

Date: June 4, 2013 07:23

And what the hell should we expect... with all these nutty Taylorians... and Taylorites.... and Taylorists... constantly screaming how much they want Taylor.... and making thread after thread DEMANDING TAYLOR... and.... well..... see what happens!?

Watch out what you wish for.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:30

She's sexier than an inflatable Honky Tonk Woman. The Stones are about decadence and sex. She has a great ass.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:32

id give my left arm for a night with t swift.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:34

Max'sKansasCity
Sighunt
Max'sKansasCity

"Well I took her down to Barney's, bought her a brand new set of boots,she tried 'em in my arms, and's lookin' terminally cute. I tried to take it easy, put my dick back on a leash. If I see big trouble comin', I'm gonna beat a quick retreat.

Mick, you sly dog!
smileys with beer

Although she is not my cup of tea, a lot of people like her. I kept this thought to myself a few weeks ago, but when Mick started featuring special quests on this tour, I said to my wife, "Watch, I'll bet he gets Taylor Swift on stage" and I was RIGHT! Why? As was my post regarding Katy Perry, Mick is a marketing genius. It works well both ways for Swift and her popularity as it does for the Stones. I don't agree with it, but I can understand Jagger's m.o. Sadly, nothing surprises me anymore regarding this Stones tour-whether it is about excessive ticket prices, lack of utilization of Mick Taylor, or special guests choices that I may not feel enhance the Stones legacy....

Date: June 4, 2013 07:36

Sighunt
Max'sKansasCity
Sighunt
Max'sKansasCity

Mick, you sly dog!
smileys with beer

Although she is not my cup of tea, a lot of people like her. I kept this thought to myself a few weeks ago, but when Mick started featuring special quests on this tour, I said to my wife, "Watch, I'll bet he gets Taylor Swift on stage" and I was RIGHT! Why? As was my post regarding Katy Perry, Mick is a marketing genius. It works well both ways for Swift and her popularity as it does for the Stones. I don't agree with it, but I can understand Jagger's m.o. Sadly, nothing surprises me anymore regarding this Stones tour-whether it is about excessive ticket prices, lack of utilization of Mick Taylor, or special guests choices that I may not feel enhance the Stones legacy....

They're not going to leave any money on the table that's for sure....

Date: June 4, 2013 07:45

http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvTpEoi0tzE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 07:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:51

Well, Taylor Swift is not my taste, but she is well liked by young people and there are lots of young Rolling Stones fans, after all.

What happened to the Buddy Guy rumor?

At my concert it was John Mayer; which was a good excuse for a bathroom break.
I think if anyone at some future concert gets someone you don't want to see, just go get another beer or hit the restroom like I did-then you won't have to see them anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 07:59 by WindyHorses.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:56

What's Up? You use to love hot pants ladies here....smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 07:57

They should have done Stray Cat Blues. That would have worked. I mean, if you're going to have her there, skip the BS and go right to the chase.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 4, 2013 08:03

Rokyfan
They should have done Stray Cat Blues. That would have worked. I mean, if you're going to have her there, skip the BS and go right to the chase.

How old is Taylor? 23 years old. Stray Cat Blues was written in '68?
Mick was 24? There's no chase with a 70 year old man. That was yesterday and yesterday's gone.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:53

I am not qualified to comment on her ass, Mick ass up to 1982 is more my thing. But maybe the Stones did not have a choice, as she was imposed as a guest by her label/promoter.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:56

desertblues68
I am not qualified to comment on her ass, Mick ass up to 1982 is more my thing. But maybe the Stones did not have a choice, as she was imposed as a guest by her label/promoter.

interesting... that occurred to me as well. i'm sure we'll never know.

Date: June 4, 2013 10:16

I thought it was beautiful! Get past the name, and watch the actual performance...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:44

There are band and performers who are inspired by the Stones. Who would Dream of performing with the band as guest artists or as an opening act. Very few of them have been given a chance to do that through the years. Instead they let acts with no Connection whatsoever to the band perform with them. Like Taylor Swift. Maybe it's Mick's todger that makes these decisions?

Date: June 4, 2013 10:56

sonomastone
marianna
Why is it sexist to criticize female guests? The Stones are the sexist ones for choosing such lightweight female guests compared to the male ones.

I agree... Why not Lucinda Williams, cat power, and the like if they have to have guests?

She's playing in Berlin...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 11:04

DandelionPowderman
I thought it was beautiful! Get past the name, and watch the actual performance...

Exactly. She did good.
I prefer guests like this to 80 year old blues guys or wannabe rock and rollers past their prime.
I'm more curious checking this out than a guest spot by Buddy Guy or Taj Mahal.
Someone like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry try their best.
John Fogerty (who I adore) or Tom Waits didn't even know what to do. Those artists don't care.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 11:15

- She looks beautiful

- She sang ATGB good

- As Tears Go By was great with Mick

So what's the problem?

Of course I'd also prefer Buddy Guy but As Tears Go By was great, too

Date: June 4, 2013 12:47

news on uk guests. they are "trying" to get adele. adele would actually be pretty cool.

[www.entertainmentwise.com]

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 12:54

It's great you guys actually like the way she sang. However, from the clip she sounds to me slightly out of tune, and the whole thing looked very amateurish to me. I don't think it was great at all.

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:00

I must agree. What an airbag she is. I wish she would just go away.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:16

Unfortunately these days the great majority of labels and promoters are owned by corporations, their only aim is to make as much profit as possible and as quickly as possible. The love and understanding of music has gone away.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:21

I love her !

HMN

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:40

Not a fan of hers but she is not hard on the eyes.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:44

Sighunt
Max'sKansasCity
Sighunt
Max'sKansasCity

Mick, you sly dog!
smileys with beer

I just don't see the marketing genius part of it. They announce the guests so late before a show, do you really think they sell thousands of additional seats because they add those guests? And if they do an album/DVD of duets it will be mostly uninspiring versions of songs that could have been much better without guests. I don't really mind the guests, it's just for one song, but I don't really see them bringing anything really interesting to the table.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 4, 2013 13:57

There's still time for a Bieber appearance. I'd say he's about in the same category as Justin Timberlake, which they already had onstage. Remember Keith's reaction to fans like us that threw bottles at him? I suspect that's their overall response to our complaints on this subject. On a positive note they are playing very well.winking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:09

"I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight "

By reading all the critisicm of Taylor Swift and other new and pretty good artists on IORR....I am too.
Swift writes her own music, and doesn't wiggle her ass as much as Jagger did in the past, or most hot female artists does these days. Wonder what older people, like the agegroup of you (I presume) , would write about Rolling Stones if there were messageboards in the 60s....or God forbid; the glam-years of the 70s!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 14:29 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:24

Why have Taylor Swift as a special guest?
Easy..because shes got a very successful career and appeals to a hell of a lot of younger fans. Worth 170 $ million and 26million albums sold - someone likes her !
And above that, she aint the child born of a reality tv show. Shes not an xfactorite...from scowell productions.
Theres some old farts here at times. Its a bit of fun at the end of the day.

Dough.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home