Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift - all comments go here!
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:25

My two cents....the young women has a nice voice. Better than mine.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:38

Munichhilton
GumbootCloggeroo
shadooby
Sure beats Timberleak or Springfield. Taylor is the real deal!
Timberleak? What does that even mean? Justin Timberlake is actually quite talented. And who is Springfield supposed to be? Oh wait, Springsteen, right? How clever.

Wow....that was befuddling...nice detective work...

You sure he didn't mean Rick?

I wish that I had Jessie's Girl.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:55

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
GumbootCloggeroo
shadooby
Timberleak? What does that even mean? Justin Timberlake is actually quite talented. And who is Springfield supposed to be? Oh wait, Springsteen, right? How clever.

We all do...where can I find a woman like that?

Date: June 5, 2013 04:25

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
GumbootCloggeroo
shadooby

We all do...where can I find a woman like that?

867-5309

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:32

My opinion still is that the daddies are trying to convince their daughters that they are still cool. maybe subconsciously? under the GUISE of
"giving the young ones a CHANCE on stage" with a large dollop of insecuritiy due to the stigma against old age. trying to stay on top. and the sad thing is, they don't have TO

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:02

James Kirk
My statement was not meant as a put down of Talor Swift or Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood etc, they are all good at what they do and their certainly is a place for it in todays market. Not everyone can be of the same status of the Stones or Dylan + The Beatles.

That said I am putting down the Rolling Stones. What is the motivation for this? Does Mick Jagger really want to sing with a 22 year old pop singer whose audience is full of 13 year old girls? Does the average hardcore Stones fan (the ones paying these ridiculous prices) really want to see acts like Taylor Swift? Do they even know who she is? It just seems so forced and commercialized to me.

Not to sound like a musical snot, but the Stones represent more than what the average pop tart does. They aren't just another rock and roll band they are the rock and roll band. How can the band who sang Sympathy for the Devil + Street Fighting Man want to share the stage with the girl who wrote the whinny tween ballard "We are Never Getting Back Together?

Why lower your status by inviting very pop star of the moment (who will be on VH1's where are they now in five years) on stage to sing a forced duet? It almost never works out when the Stones attempt to chase trends. Bring on Buddy Guy, Springsteen, The Foo Fighters, but please leave the pop tarts at home, it's embarrassing for the Stones and all they represent. It makes them look desperate to be relevant to today's pop audience. Which begs the question why would they want to be relevant to today's pop audience? Been there done that.

Like I said earlier in the thread if this was the 80'S they would be singing with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Get my point?

James Kirk, I think you articulated your point better than I certainly could!

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:05

Man if this doesn't melt your heart you got a heart of stone...just good vibes all around. Look at Tay-Tay approaching RW and Keith for a kiss in the end. Really nice. Keith seems to be intrigued at 1:49:

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:55

Awesome

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:16

Anyone else notice that they've kept her voice low in the mix with Mick. Yes, she may be a nice T-n-A, great performer in her own right, but in this case she couldn't sing the song. She was out of tune & the evidence is there to support it. As a professional musician of 35 years I would not hire her for my band based on that performance. Based on her solo performances I would, however, snap her up in an instant.

paulm
Man if this doesn't melt your heart you got a heart of stone...just good vibes all around. Look at Tay-Tay approaching RW and Keith for a kiss in the end. Really nice. Keith seems to be intrigued at 1:49:

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:20

...is her mum Hot???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:27

AEG is handling The Stones current tour.

AEG is handling Swifts current tour.

Is this really that tough to figure out?

Date: June 5, 2013 07:12

vox12string
Anyone else notice that they've kept her voice low in the mix with Mick. Yes, she may be a nice T-n-A, great performer in her own right, but in this case she couldn't sing the song. She was out of tune & the evidence is there to support it. As a professional musician of 35 years I would not hire her for my band based on that performance. Based on her solo performances I would, however, snap her up in an instant.

paulm

As an unprofessional musician of 35 years, I don't hear her being out of tune.

Can you specify where exactly in the song she's out of tune?

Date: June 5, 2013 07:13

...NO .... I just worked it out meself ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:12

Jonathan Swift is an artist that intressts me more...not to talk about Jonathan Richman...

2 1 2 0

Date: June 5, 2013 08:34

WHAT NEXT .... you'll be strappin' me in a chair and forcin' me ta sit thru Jonathan Livingston Seagull

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 5, 2013 09:06

Rockman
WHAT NEXT .... you'll be strappin' me in a chair and forcin' me ta sit thru Jonathan Livingston Seagull

DVD-info: Jonathan is sick and tired of the boring life in his sea-gull clan. He rather experiments with new, always more daring flying techniques. Since he doesn't fit in, the elders expel him from ...

Sounds like it could be said or thought by Mick Jagger ....smoking smiley

Date: June 5, 2013 10:33

treaclefingers
vox12string

paulm

As an unprofessional musician of 35 years, I don't hear her being out of tune.

Can you specify where exactly in the song she's out of tune?

She's not.

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: June 5, 2013 10:53

WindyHorses
Well, Taylor Swift is not my taste, but she is well liked by young people and there are lots of young Rolling Stones fans, after all.

What happened to the Buddy Guy rumor?

At my concert it was John Mayer; which was a good excuse for a bathroom break.
I think if anyone at some future concert gets someone you don't want to see, just go get another beer or hit the restroom like I did-then you won't have to see them anyway.

Hate to break it to you, but there are not a lot of young stones fans out there. This is the reason Jagger is enlisting young guests. It equates to more $$$

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 5, 2013 11:34

"all comments go here!"

NO comments needed : pix will suffice! grinning smiley

Date: June 5, 2013 11:34

sweetcharmedlife
It is an alltime low.eye rolling smiley

Make that "an alltime bottom"?

Date: June 5, 2013 12:05

I liked Taylor Swift better than Justin Timberlake, but each to his/her own... eye rolling smiley

Date: June 5, 2013 12:13

Honestman
Spodlumt
The Rolling Stones died at the end of the 1981 tour...

Are you a US citizen ? ...because as a european citizen I would have said 1982 winking smiley

I wouldn't be that radical : they did some good shows after 1982 : Atlantic City'89 (the PPV or the Dec.17 show) both Manchester'90 or Koln'95 are worth your attention (imo).

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: June 5, 2013 12:15

All these grumpy prostate patients complaining about Taylor Swift. It's just a girl guest singing on one song. It sounded quite nice I think.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 15:47

Alef
All these grumpy prostate patients complaining about Taylor Swift. It's just a girl guest singing on one song. It sounded quite nice I think.

Yep. To which I'd like to add...OK. It was one show. One song. One guest artist that some people didn't care for. Let's get over it already.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:10

The 2 minute video they've put together with Taylor Swift is very well done. Love the shots of Keith playing the guitar. A damn fine vocal performance.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:52

i showed the 'official' video of Taylor Swift with the Stones to my daughter, who is a fan of Swift..and who puts up with me singing songs around the house sometimes..

she was unimpressed..but she did say the sound of Jagger's voice bothered her as much as my singing..

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:00

Review from Dangerous Minds website:

Taylor Swift may look the part but but she’s no Marianne Faithfull. Not by a long @#$%& shot. Not only can’t Swift sing, she has no emotional grasp of the song she’s singing. “As Tears Go By” is one of the most beautifully melancholic songs ever written. Swift and the increasingly pathetic Jagger do a staggeringly insensitive and clueless rendering. Tears? Indeed.

Rolling Stones, you’ve managed to wipe out your own @#$%& legacy. You’ve stomped it into the ground and turned it into something that no longer remotely resembles the rock ‘n’ roll you once made that changed my life. Go @#$%& yourselves!

[dangerousminds.net]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:03

MisterDDDD

one more clue, please????

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:04

duke richardson
but she did say the sound of Jagger's voice bothered her as much as my singing..

this doesn't bode well for future tours when jagger's still out there and we're all long-gone. or for any tours you have planned, duke...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:04

StonesTod
MisterDDDD

one more clue, please????

Didn't we all pay to bail out AEG?

I want a free ticket to the Spurs game...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home