Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift - all comments go here!
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:11

seitan
Review from Dangerous Minds website:

Taylor Swift may look the part but but she’s no Marianne Faithfull. Not by a long @#$%& shot. Not only can’t Swift sing, she has no emotional grasp of the song she’s singing. “As Tears Go By” is one of the most beautifully melancholic songs ever written. Swift and the increasingly pathetic Jagger do a staggeringly insensitive and clueless rendering. Tears? Indeed.

Rolling Stones, you’ve managed to wipe out your own @#$%& legacy. You’ve stomped it into the ground and turned it into something that no longer remotely resembles the rock ‘n’ roll you once made that changed my life. Go @#$%& yourselves!

[dangerousminds.net]

Some of the comments there are quite amusing...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:12

Wild Slivovitz
seitan
Review from Dangerous Minds website:

Taylor Swift may look the part but but she’s no Marianne Faithfull. Not by a long @#$%& shot. Not only can’t Swift sing, she has no emotional grasp of the song she’s singing. “As Tears Go By” is one of the most beautifully melancholic songs ever written. Swift and the increasingly pathetic Jagger do a staggeringly insensitive and clueless rendering. Tears? Indeed.

Rolling Stones, you’ve managed to wipe out your own @#$%& legacy. You’ve stomped it into the ground and turned it into something that no longer remotely resembles the rock ‘n’ roll you once made that changed my life. Go @#$%& yourselves!

[dangerousminds.net]

Some of the comments there are quite amusing...

Some?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:14

StonesTod
duke richardson
but she did say the sound of Jagger's voice bothered her as much as my singing..

this doesn't bode well for future tours when jagger's still out there and we're all long-gone. or for any tours you have planned, duke...

well if she gets mad because i (attempt to) sing its just another case of 'BIOTS'...blame it on the Stones'...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:19

Well, that review was a bit rough, to say the least but I agree that she did suck bad! I never thought about Marianne Faithful, and how that might have been the reason behind the choice because she was so terrible. I had my own thread started on this but apparently it was wiped out...that's ok, I can say my piece here; Swift started the song way too high, it's a wonder Mick could pull his part together. She was all about posing and not at all grasping the meaning of the song, as someonme just stated! Very sad! I hope they make wiser picks for their guest spots in the future!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:20

....and then I saw his face....now I'm a Belieber!

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:25

[youtu.be]
in case we forgot

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:54

stringpull

in case we forgot

Pretty and does resemble whats-her-name.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 5, 2013 18:31

Taylor Swift sings about as well as most leads in high school plays. That's pretty good, I guess. Personally, I would rather have someone who is actually a gifted vocalist. How about the relatively unknown Alison Krauss - who also happens to have more Grammy Awards than any other artist in pop music history (27). Here she is singing Dylan's "I Believe in You", displaying her effortless vocal range. She should be a national treasure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 18:32 by drbryant.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:08

drbryant
Taylor Swift sings about as well as most leads in high school plays. That's pretty good, I guess. Personally, I would rather have someone who is actually a gifted vocalist. How about the relatively unknown Alison Krauss - who also happens to have more Grammy Awards than any other artist in pop music history (27). Here she is singing Dylan's "I Believe in You", displaying her effortless vocal range. She should be a national treasure.

>>relatively unknown<<

compared to Taylor Swift ..?

i guess she is..different audience. don't reckon Jagger will get her up to do one..she'd be good on Wild Horses

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:11

Rolling Stones Fans Blast ‘Squeaky’ Taylor Swift After Duet With Mick Jagger, Labeled ‘Horrifyingly Cruel Punishment’

[radaronline.com]

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 5, 2013 19:18

[How about the relatively unknown Alison Krauss]

I guess, I mean even aside from what she did with Plant, she is pretty well know. Hell, Union Station and Jerry Douglas are well known in their own right

Truly Disgtusting
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:15

This special guests crap is so offensive. The fact that such a legendary band would stupe to this is an offense to everybody that followed them from the beginnning. I am ashamed to be a fan for more than 45 years,THEY @#$%& BLEW IT! God, what a waste. Mick Taylor comes back (basically to cover for a geriatric, worthless Keith Richards) and he plays two songs a night? WTF? We get people from "American Idol"? Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas? The fact the that such a revoulionary group of musicians went out like this is so heartbreaking....FLAME ME ALL YOU WANT BUT THIS BAND MEANT THE WORLD TO ME AND THEY CRASHED AND BURNED IN FRONT OF US - WHEN THEY COULD HAVE GONE OUT SO GRACWFULLY...Truly a let down....

Re: Truly Disgtusting
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:16

Boy is Max gonna be mad with you!

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:18

Spodlumt
This special guests crap is so offensive. The fact that such a legendary band would stupe to this is an offense to everybody that followed them from the beginnning. I am ashamed to be a fan for more than 45 years,THEY @#$%& BLEW IT! God, what a waste. Mick Taylor comes back (basically to cover for a geriatric, worthless Keith Richards) and he plays two songs a night? WTF? We get people from "American Idol"? Is a POS live duets album coming out at Christmas? The fact the that such a revoulionary group of musicians went out like this is so heartbreaking....FLAME ME ALL YOU WANT BUT THIS BAND MEANT THE WORLD TO ME AND THEY CRASHED AND BURNED IN FRONT OF US - WHEN THEY COULD HAVE GONE OUT SO GRACWFULLY...Truly a let down....

I totally agree!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:21

ya... sad, but true. So lets have some fun on the way out.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:31

I followed them from the beginning and I'm not offended.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:36

Spodlumt

All these "longtime" "fans" ho are rooting for this to be THE san song for the boys are making me ill.

THEY are still an active band.
Even speaking publicly about a potential new album in the fall followed by yet another tour. Jeezus.

Do you mind if they continue to build audiences and have special guest appearances
the SAME ay they have for DECADES???

It's ONE @#$%& song.

I, also a longtime fan, rather enjoy hearing and seeing the young popular artists
(and hot chicks) play and sing with the band.

Get over yourselves.

WHAT WAS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THE DUET WITH TAYLOR??
BEAUTIFUL SONG, DONE BEAUTIFULLY BY BOTH MICK AND TAYLOR.

ALSO FUN TO SEE KEITH TAKE A SEAT AND PLAY.

I say those that don't appreciate and respect the bands right to build audiences and play with whomever they please, weren't really "FANS" to begin with.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:38

was Keith really that geriatric and worthless during this mini US tour ?

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:53

Sorrry I misspelled 'GRACEFULY" during my rant. Just awlays loved them and their approach to the end is truly mistifying.....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:04

Don't apologize. There were many other spelling errors as you doubtless know. Some would find it disgtusting, but I don't mind. It's sort of like having Popeye posting on the board.

Re: Truly wonderflu
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:16

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 07:17 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:19

This is over the top criticism. Some of the guests are good, some aren't. Mick is not unique, there are many older famous musicians that follow the charts and contemporary artists. They can name who's in the top ten at any given moment, every music executive who's ever lived and list their own hits in an instant. They are truly interested in the evolving music business. Keith and Mick have always been and will continue to see themselves as pop stars. I'm sure they are proud "Doom and Gloom" made #1. These guys live for the "bullet" , it's in their blood. Aside from "Exile" this is how they've always been and even that had T.D.

Date: June 5, 2013 07:20

Reading people go on and on about 1st world problems is funny.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:21

Rocky Dijon
Don't apologize. There were many other spelling errors as you doubtless know. Some would find it disgtusting, but I don't mind. It's sort of like having Popeye posting on the board.

Yes, no need to apologize Spodlumt...regardless of mispelling, your post was somewhat revoulionary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 07:24 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 5, 2013 07:37

Mister DDDD

Isn't that stretching it a bit...

Date: June 5, 2013 07:44

Stoneage
Mister DDDD

Isn't that stretching it a bit...

Hmmmmmm..... someone has not been paying attention, please try to keep up.
Releasing new songs, playing arenas, touring, having fun = active band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 08:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:00

Spodlumt

Keith is the entire reason we go to the Stones and essentially what you are listening to at a Stones concert, Taylor or other guest guitarists are not required. Otherwise, I kind of agree with you. Not crazy about your debating candor, however.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:06

Guest on 1 or 2 songs...Nothing to be upset about...Santana have had millions of guests on each and every song he's done live....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:22

why the complaint ..... this is 2013 .. cellphones - idols - and the STONES LIVE ON STAGE .. at the average age of 70 ! why sad and disgusting ... accept it .. or watch dallas on tv ...

Richard

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:26

MisterDDDD
Spodlumt

All these "longtime" "fans" ho are rooting for this to be THE san song for the boys are making me ill.

Even speaking publicly about a potential new album in the fall followed by yet another tour. Jeezus.

Do you mind if they continue to build audiences and have special guest appearances
the SAME ay they have for DECADES???

It's ONE @#$%& song.

I, also a longtime fan, rather enjoy hearing and seeing the young popular artists
(and hot chicks) play and sing with the band.

Get over yourselves.

WHAT WAS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THE DUET WITH TAYLOR??
BEAUTIFUL SONG, DONE BEAUTIFULLY BY BOTH MICK AND TAYLOR.

ALSO FUN TO SEE KEITH TAKE A SEAT AND PLAY.

I say those that don't appreciate and respect the bands right to build audiences and play with whomever they please, weren't really "FANS" to begin with.

Active band? How much activities have they done in the studio during the latter years? No they are lazy, they have put the cruise control in action.
Mick is only in it for the money! The title of the 50th anniversary album is "GRRR", innovative isn't it?
Two new songs since ABB from 2005! Do you call that an active band?

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home