Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:08

vermontoffender
And it becomes more and more obvious that so very many people on this board aren't Stones fans, but Taylor fans instead.

I guess that description suits (roughly) to me since I see all the played numbers without Taylor uninteresting, unless there is some oddity such as "Emotional Rescue" or some good guest - such as Waits last night. What goes for all the rest, I saw "One More Shot", and that's enough brownsugars,paintitblacks, getoffofmyclouds, missyous, sympathys, etc. for me, and I have zero interest to listen "Oh how did that one went this time".

So I guess I could be called as a "Modern Taylorite".grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 03:11 by Doxa.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:16

Doxa, is this kind of a...Renaissance?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:17

Doxa
vermontoffender
And it becomes more and more obvious that so very many people on this board aren't Stones fans, but Taylor fans instead.

I guess that description suits (roughly) to me since I see all the played numbers without Taylor uninteresting, unless there is some oddity such as "Emotional Rescue" or some good guest - such as Waits last night. What goes for all the rest, I saw "One More Shot", and that's enough brownsugars,paintitblacks, getoffofmyclouds, missyous, sympathys, etc. for me, and I have zero interest to listen "Oh how did that one went this time".

So I guess I could be called as a "Modern Taylorite".grinning smiley

- Doxa

Does anyone know of a message board or forum for Rolling Stones fans?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:22

Where people actually love the Stones and don't bitch about everything they do and everything they play? Still looking . . .

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:26

I'm not a bigger fan of one Stones "era" any more than another, but it is certainly a shame that Mick Taylor is not playing on more than one song. This seems an example of the Stones' "culture", where they do things in a half-assed way, not working out or discussing things in detail. They seem too lazy to properly rehearse a way to play a few songs with three guitars (ie: creating space, having more defined roles), so they just don't bother at all instead, thus wasting the opportunity of having Mick Taylor along on this tour. I seriously wonder if Chuck Leavell is indeed the only person who actively shows interest in the content of the shows. And when you are charging as much for tickets as they are, I as a fan would like to see a little more effort being shown in this respect.

But it seems that this band was never in their career at ease with discussing issues properly, especially any issues between band members. So this is par for the course. I think that the band is still great in 2013, but I'm a little disappointed with a) the pricing and b) the one-song Mick Taylor contribution. For what it's worth (ie: nothing, ha ha!)...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:31

Denny
I'm not a bigger fan of one Stones "era" any more than another, but it is certainly a shame that Mick Taylor is not playing on more than one song. This seems an example of the Stones' "culture", where they do things in a half-assed way, not working out or discussing things in detail. They seem too lazy to properly rehearse a way to play a few songs with three guitars (ie: creating space, having more defined roles), so they just don't bother at all instead, thus wasting the opportunity of having Mick Taylor along on this tour. I seriously wonder if Chuck Leavell is indeed the only person who actively shows interest in the content of the shows. And when you are charging as much for tickets as they are, I as a fan would like to see a little more effort being shown in this respect.

But it seems that this band was never in their career at ease with discussing issues properly, especially any issues between band members. So this is par for the course. I think that the band is still great in 2013, but I'm a little disappointed with a) the pricing and b) the one-song Mick Taylor contribution. For what it's worth (ie: nothing, ha ha!)...

They don't behave like nice people. Don't really claim to be either. It didn't start with mick Taylor is 2013, it started with Ian Stewart in 1963. Anyone who claims to be surprised might have forgotten some of the history. Look at how mick and Keith treat one another! I don't really care what they are like as people though - I enjoy their music and their concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 03:33 by sonomastone.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:33

sonomastone
They don't behave like nice people. Don't really claim to be either. It didn't start with mick Taylor is 2013, it started with Ian Stewart in 1963. Anyone who claims to be surprised might have forgotten some of the history. Look at how mick and Keith treat one another! I don't really care what they are like as people though I enjoy their music and their concerts.

Yes - look, it wasn't quite my point, but that's certainly true. Den

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2013 03:36

Aquamarine
Where are people actually love the Stones and don't bitch about everything they do and everything they play? Still looking . . .

Here... and I think we can count Rolling Hansie in too.

Date: May 7, 2013 03:41

I dont hate Mick Taylor... I just think the Stones are fine without him. If some people have become so jaded and bored, and dont like the Stones without Taylor, then maybe it is time for them to move on, because I dont think all the whining in the world is going to bring Taylor back into the band he quit on... but hey, knock yourselves out, you seem to enjoy complaining about Taylor, and how unfairly you seem to think he is being treated by the mean ole Stones quite a bit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 04:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 7, 2013 03:43

stonesrule
Doxa, is this kind of a...Renaissance?

Hahaha... let's say, I've been a tough critic of the Stones of the late decades - what I prefer call as a "Vegas Era" - but then I saw "Midnight Rambler" with Taylor and I saw a light! There is hope, there is hope the Stones to sound like a real dangerous sounding rock and roll band!!!!!

But in the long run I am a child of Ronnie Era (I became a fan in 1981 thanks to "Start Me Up" and TATTOO YOU), so that's the form of the band I'm most familiar with. But that lovely band was ruined during the Vegas Era into a safe and sure nostalgia act which plays autopilot cover versions of their old hits. Taylor gave me a glimpse of the old magic - that danger, spontanity, wildness. He surely is not so graet as he used to be, oh no, but he still sounds like an unspoiled, pure musician. Maybe for that reason they are keeping him in the cage... But I still hope they would open up the cage a bit more, and let the tiger out...

- Doxa

Date: May 7, 2013 04:00

It's cool with Taylor on board, but I really think the Taylor posts here is chilfish overpraising. It's even more nostalgic than a Vegas set list. Grow up, Taylor is an old man playing a decent guitar, but he's not stable musically or heLth-wise. Be happy he can contribute the way he does at all.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:02

DandelionPowderman
It's cool with Taylor on board, but I really think the Taylor posts here is chilfish overpraising. It's even more nostalgic than a Vegas set list. Grow up, Taylor is an old man playing a decent guitar, but he's not stable musically or heLth-wise. Be happy he can contribute the way he does at all.

No! smoking smiley

Date: May 7, 2013 04:09

A year ago if People, who have this love for Taylor, were told they would get a song with Taylor on stage, but that was it... I bet that they would have jumped for joy and be happy about it. But now they have their Mick Taylor up there for their one song and what do they do? They complain, moan and groan and want to start petitions demanding more.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:10

"Give me Taylor, or Give me death" as a Stones fan!

Date: May 7, 2013 04:15

Max'sKansasCity
A year ago if People, who have this love for Taylor, were told they would get a song with Taylor on stage, but that was it... I bet that they would have jumped for joy and be happy about it. But now they have their Mick Taylor up there for their one song and what do they do? They complain, moan and groan and want to start petitions demanding more.

We ARE happy. We want more of a good thing. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:18

vermontoffender

Go listen to some Jazz/Blues fusion crap. Go plunk down some bucks for a Taylor solo show and pray he actually shows up.

Leave the Rock and Roll to Jagger, Richards, Watts, and Wood: The Rolling Stones.

I've always been a Dick Taylor fan, and still rue the day that Bill Perks wangled his way in with his oversized amps and undersized fingers.

Date: May 7, 2013 04:19

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

We ARE happy. We want more of a good thing. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

They haven't even asked Dick Taylor to join as a guest...let's start a new petition.

Date: May 7, 2013 04:20

duffydawg
"Give me Taylor, or Give me death" as a Stones fan!

thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: May 7, 2013 04:22

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Happy? Maybe you should reread the posts from furious people who sound very unhappy, saying thay are ready to call it a day and be done with The Stones.

Date: May 7, 2013 04:23

treaclefingers
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

They haven't even asked Dick Taylor to join as a guest...

Yeah, but he was a Dick.

Date: May 7, 2013 04:25

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

They haven't even asked Dick Taylor to join as a guest...

Yeah, but he was a Dick.

At least he wasn't a Todger.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:26

DandelionPowderman

I think the same things can be said about Keith Richards and Ron Wood, that they're old men who are not stable musically or health-wise. They're not exactly scintillating on some of the clips on the latest tour.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 7, 2013 04:27

sonomastone
Denny

They don't behave like nice people. Don't really claim to be either. It didn't start with mick Taylor is 2013, it started with Ian Stewart in 1963. Anyone who claims to be surprised might have forgotten some of the history. Look at how mick and Keith treat one another! I don't really care what they are like as people though - I enjoy their music and their concerts.
They are nice people, business is something else. Surviving 50 years playing rock is no small feat, sometimes a decision may seem obvious to us but there could be more to it. Perhaps Ronnie threatened to leave if Taylor gets more stage time. Just sayin', and you'd never know this from Wood's game face, these guys protect their turf like pit bulls, old grouchy ones I'd say. Still they are sweet and nice, if you're lucky to have known them, much kinder than 90% of my rock star bosses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 04:29 by DoomandGloom.

Date: May 7, 2013 04:34

marianna
DandelionPowderman

I think the same things can be said about Keith Richards and Ron Wood, that they're old men who are not stable musically or health-wise. They're not exactly scintillating on some of the clips on the latest tour.

Very well put.

Date: May 7, 2013 04:55

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Happy? Maybe you should reread the posts from furious people who sound very unhappy, saying thay are ready to call it a day and be done with The Stones.

I'm ready to call it a day, but not because of Taylor. I have just purchased the same product too many times - at escalating prices - to want it anymore, or really to need any more of it. By the same product, I mean the greatest hits show. Yes, we have a couple of things on the box to keep the folks coming back ("Now with 10% added Mick Taylor!", "New, very special guests!"), but the product is a bit stale. It's not musical artistry anymore. It isn't challenging - to me or to them. Now, I've gladly purchased said product many times and have been mostly satisfied with the result. I just don't need any more of it. This is not a "complaint", or a "whine", just an observation by one loyal customer, er, I mean fan.

Date: May 7, 2013 05:16

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I'm ready to call it a day, but not because of Taylor. I have just purchased the same product too many times - at escalating prices - to want it anymore, or really to need any more of it. By the same product, I mean the greatest hits show. Yes, we have a couple of things on the box to keep the folks coming back ("Now with 10% added Mick Taylor!", "New, very special guests!"), but the product is a bit stale. It's not musical artistry anymore. It isn't challenging - to me or to them. Now, I've gladly purchased said product many times and have been mostly satisfied with the result. I just don't need any more of it. This is not a "complaint", or a "whine", just an observation by one loyal customer, er, I mean fan.

It was nice knowing you here, good luck with your future endeavors.

Date: May 7, 2013 05:20

btw- You'll be back... once the Stones are in your blood.... you are hooked for life.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 7, 2013 05:21

71 is not a great year for a Tele anyhow.

Date: May 7, 2013 05:25

DoomandGloom

I dont know about that, but 71Tele a cool name for a good man.

Date: May 7, 2013 05:29

DoomandGloom

I beg to differ.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2283
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home