Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 105
Re: I need your support!!! please read
Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:00

Yes but, the difference between MT and the other guests is, MT helped CREATE a lot of the songs in the set. He is legendary and was once part of the Rolling Stones. The other guests are there for entertainment and/or to sell more tix. Taylor wrote half the guitar lines that Ron Wood is playing! He deserves a few more songs. He deserves a little more time on stage that Gwen Stefani.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 7, 2013 16:13

And is it possible to widely prefer the Rolling Stones WITH Mick Taylor, WITHOUT being suspected to dislike Ron Wood and putting in the trash all the Stones work since 1975 ?

Here on IORR and everywhere else ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out Not sure.

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Unfortunately every time we try to say something some idiot who hates Mick Taylor says something else.

It is possible to like the Rolling Stones Sans-Mick Taylor, WITHOUT hating Mick Taylor and without being an idiot.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:01

rollmops
I don't know why Mick Taylor is limited to 1 # (the same), up to now. Is it a contract thing? To make his appearance very special only one song? But I like the fact that you take matter in hands and you are pro-active. I agree with you that the Stones should play more songs with Taylor. Who would disagree with that really? Good luck!
Rock and roll,
Mops

He's in purgatory now. He has to expiate for quiting the band. If he doesn't complain too much like did Bill Wyman a couple of months ago maybe he'll be allowed to play on two songs... smiling smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:06

kowalski
rollmops
I don't know why Mick Taylor is limited to 1 # (the same), up to now. Is it a contract thing? To make his appearance very special only one song? But I like the fact that you take matter in hands and you are pro-active. I agree with you that the Stones should play more songs with Taylor. Who would disagree with that really? Good luck!
Rock and roll,
Mops

He's in purgatory now. He has to expiate for quiting the band. If he doesn't complain too much like did Bill Wyman a couple of months ago maybe he'll be allowed to play on two songs... smiling smiley

When / where did Mick Taylor complain after the 2012 concerts ???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:07

roby
kowalski
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

I don't see where anyone is suggesting that.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:19

treaclefingers
roby
kowalski
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

I don't see where anyone is suggesting that.

I didn't mean to say that MT is complaining about anything. But Bill Wyman did...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 7, 2013 17:25

roby

Bill Wyman complained about playing on only two songs, see: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 17:35 by Irix.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 7, 2013 19:04

i would love to have mick taylor for the whole concert with woody and keef .i do not see that happening because mick taylor is a "guest".which i think is a load ,but it would make me smile from ear to ear ,to hear taylor on sway, cant you hear me knocking,ya gotta to move , dead flowers , dancing with mr d,sister morphine ,midnight rambler, sweet virginia,love in vain, live with me ,stray cat blues!!!

Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 7, 2013 20:45

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 7, 2013 20:57

WindyHorses
I don't hate Mick Taylor. I do feel sorry for all of the many HUGE Mick Taylor fans who are upset and unhappy because Mick Taylor is only getting one song per concert on this tour.
I wish, for their sakes, that it was different.
But, it's not.
I also think wishing and hoping that it will change is a waste of energy.
Jagger has his guest list and Taylor gets one track just like his other guest artists.

then why do the other 'guests' not come out at the end and bow with the rest of them???....

95% of what people are there to see is pre-Ron Wood era...Brian can't be there...

the other man...Mick Taylor... who played it first and played it BEST is willing and capable...

they probably still some weird grudge against him for quitting...and being more talented...and wanting credit for songs he had a big hand in...(Time Waits For No One vs. Hey Negrita...wow)...just in the same way Keith holds a grudge after 40+ years and brings up Mick's small dick...sadly the whole thing is band politics...

Ron Wood is their lapdog...he always has been...and that's why he's lasted...he says 'yes sir' to both of them and talks about 'weaving'...that's his main contribution in the last 25 years...that stupid comment about 'the ancient art of weaving'...at best he's their lapdog and Jeff Beck's old bass player...

it's a travesty that they won't allow Mick Taylor to stand there and play the whole set...then they would have 1.5 capable guitarists on stage...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:02

cowboytoast
WindyHorses
I don't hate Mick Taylor. I do feel sorry for all of the many HUGE Mick Taylor fans who are upset and unhappy because Mick Taylor is only getting one song per concert on this tour.
I wish, for their sakes, that it was different.
But, it's not.
I also think wishing and hoping that it will change is a waste of energy.
Jagger has his guest list and Taylor gets one track just like his other guest artists.

then why do the other 'guests' not come out at the end and bow with the rest of them???....

95% of what people are there to see is pre-Ron Wood era...Brian can't be there...

the other man...Mick Taylor... who played it first and played it BEST is willing and capable...

they probably still some weird grudge against him for quitting...and being more talented...and wanting credit for songs he had a big hand in...(Time Waits For No One vs. Hey Negrita...wow)...just in the same way Keith holds a grudge after 40+ years and brings up Mick's small dick...sadly the whole thing is band politics...

Ron Wood is their lapdog...he always has been...and that's why he's lasted...he says 'yes sir' to both of them and talks about 'weaving'...that's his main contribution in the last 25 years...that stupid comment about 'the ancient art of weaving'...at best he's their lapdog and Jeff Beck's old bass player...

it's a travesty that they won't allow Mick Taylor to stand there and play the whole set...then they would have 1.5 capable guitarists on stage...

If this thread focused more on appealing for Mick T to play on more than one song - which I think just about everyone would like to see - it might be more productive. If you're Mick Jagger and you read this thread you don't think "wow, there's a lot of support for Mick Taylor to play more songs" you think instead "wow, these fans can't agree on anything, and there is a lot of acrimony, there's no way to make them happy, so f*** it "

can we agree that the stones are playing incredibly well for 70 year olds, we are happy they are on tour again and doing well, the ticket prices are way too high, having Mick Taylor play on more than one song would be cool, and leave it at that?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:21

"If you're Mick Jagger and you read this thread"

Seriously?

You think Mick Jagger reads threads on Stones boards on the internet? You think anything said here has an influence over anything?

How about don't tell people what to say and what not to say?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:21

I wonder how many here who appear so emotional, and overly concerned, about getting Taylor more songs on this tour and spending so much of their time and effort posting so many words here, have ever spent a fraction of that time and effort either thinking about, or actually doing something, to help fight against REAL problems in this world. For instance.....

Slavery still exists, and many new laws fighting human trafficking are needed to fight it.

The worlds oceans are being severely over harvested and international agreement must be made, and kept, to keep them healthy.

Access to healthy drinking water is an increasing concern, and must be addressed.

Something is wrong with the worlds honey bees, look up colony collapse disorder.

Big Business is wanting to gentically modify the worlds crops, and force it upon us.

Global over population is going to kill this planet, humans can not continue to grow at the current rate without casuing major issues.

Those are a just a few of the REAL PROBLEMS facing this planet, and could use the type of attention, petitions and emotional out pouring, that is being given Mick Taylor.

I wonder, "Do any of these "Taylor Activist" "donate" any of thier efforts towards any real issues facing the planet?"

I do spend part of my time, money and efforts where they might do some good. I try to do my part. I support, donate money and write letters or emails to fight real issues in this world, hopefully where they might do the most good.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:25

Max'sKansasCity
I wonder how many here who appear so emotional, and overly concerned, about getting Taylor more songs on this tour and spending so much of their time and effort posting so many words here, have ever spent a fraction of that time and effort either thinking about, or actually doing something, to help fight against REAL problems in this world. For instance.....

Slavery still exists, and many new laws fighting human trafficking are needed to fight it.

The worlds oceans are being severely over harvested and international agreement must be made, and kept, to keep them healthy.

Access to healthy drinking water is an increasing concern, and must be addressed.

Something is wrong with the worlds honey bees, look up colony collapse disorder.

Big Business is wanting to gentically modify the worlds crops, and force it upon us.

Global over population is going to kill this planet, humans can not continue to grow at the current rate without casuing major issues.

Those are a just a few of the REAL PROBLEMS facing this planet, and could use the type of attention, petitions and emotional out pouring, that is being given Mick Taylor.

I wonder, "Do any of these "Taylor Activist" "donate" any of thier efforts towards any real issues facing the planet?"

I do spend part of my time, money and efforts where they might do some good. I try to do my part. I support, donate money and write letters or emails to fight real issues in this world, hopefully where they might do the most good.

i guess Jesus loves you more than the rest of us then...go hug a tree...to quote Keith...'it's only Rock and Roll man'...

nice backpatting job...on yourself...

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:31

cowboytoast
Max'sKansasCity

i guess Jesus loves you more than the rest of us then...go hug a tree...to quote Keith...'it's only Rock and Roll man'...

Ye God's you're pompous and taking yourself a bit seriously Max....

Date: May 7, 2013 21:34

Gibson668

Wait a second, I am the one taking shit to seriously?

Have you read this thread? People are accusing others of sabotaging the efforts for get Taylor more songs... sabotage? REALLY?

This whole thread is too serious. I was merely saying if people wanna get/be serious, then how about talk about something serious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 21:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:37

Max'sKansasCity

if you'd only put your energies into important stuff, we might get taylor on stage for another song.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:38

I find the comments by those who defend the way Taylor is being used and defend the "greatest hits" nature of what the Stones live have become, and who claim that the general public doesn't know who Taylor is, interesting.

Has it occurred to these people that the general public is there in large measure to hear Taylor-era hits like Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, All Down The Line, and Wild Horses (all songs which they have played already on this tour)? Do you really think they are there to hear "Suck On The Jugular", "Might As Well Get Juiced", and "Look What The Cat Dragged In"?

So, why not give people the Taylor-era songs with Taylor on them? This is a very simple question, and would seem to be good marketing, as well as good music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 21:40 by 71Tele.

Date: May 7, 2013 21:39

cowboytoast
Max'sKansasCity

i can mail him some bengay...that arm of his must be sore after this post...

Date: May 7, 2013 21:40

Max'sKansasCity
Gibson668

Have you read this thread? People are accusing others of sabotaging the efforts for get Taylor more songs... sabotage? REALLY?

This whole thread is too serious. I was merely saying if people wanna get/be serious, then how about talk about something serious.

no...you went further than that...it's okay - we're all seriously impressed.

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:43

duffydawg
[www.examiner.com]
This further proves how the Stones purposely misled fans into believing Taylor would play a bigger role just to sell tickets. And the arrogance that there has been no explanation provided is disgusting.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 7, 2013 21:44

gotdablouse
DoomandGloom
How can a Rolling Stone upstage The Rolling Stones??? Keith and Mick need to realize Taylor can only enhance their thunder. I am very surprised they are being so petty and stingy with his stage time. Meanwhile Taylor has to suck it up for his last chance to escape poverty. I wonder, if he punches Jagger in the nose on the last night will he still get paid?

I'd never thought of it like that...I mean reading Bill German's book (his visit after the HOF induction I think) and hearing that story about the Stones paying for his dental work (or medical bills) at some point was a bit worrying, but poverty? Huh...wonder how much he's getting for that tour...guess $1 million would be a minimum given that they have an $80 million budget to play with!
Well this is the British Class system in action. Taylor is seen as a lesser person here. He's playing a borrowed guitar and will play it behind his neck if asked. They complain he's not animated thus he dances, goes on a diet, wears a scarf... The band missed one point, they are playing America, the land of Lincoln and we see things differently. We respect Mick Taylor and wish him to get equal footing on stage. I knew something was up the first night at O2 when Wood broke out a Les Paul to play MR with Taylor. Not something Ronnie normally would use but he's making a statement to Taylor from the beginning. However small, we're making our statement here, Mick is one of rock's elite guitarists, we are forever on his side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 21:46 by DoomandGloom.

Date: May 7, 2013 21:44

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Gibson668

No... I didnt.... go read the thread.
Some of these folks would make great activist, they are serious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 21:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 7, 2013 21:48

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Gibson668

oh, you mean that wasn't you detailing your mother teresa merits?

Date: May 7, 2013 21:50

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Gibson668

oh, you mean that wasn't you detailing your mother teresa merits?
confused smiley

Date: May 7, 2013 22:01

71Tele
I find the comments by those who defend the way Taylor is being used and defend the "greatest hits" nature of what the Stones live have become, and who claim that the general public doesn't know who Taylor is, interesting.

I haven't seen many people take this stance, I definitely have not.

I wish they were more than a greatest hits band, and I think that it would be cool if he played on more songs. I just don't think that people should be suprised that neither thing is happening. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the Stones are acting like selfish, sometimes petty money-grubbers.

Their concert was a lot of fun, at least for me (and i wish there was a forum for people who felt that way so we could talk more about how great the show was), but I went in knowing that they were mostly going to play greatest hits, and being OK with that. I didn't think there was any chance under the sun that they would deliver anything different, no matter how much I'd have loved to hear them play entire sides of Exile.

I do think a lot of people react when the Taylor love extends into "ronnie sucks" or "ronnie should sit out the taylor songs" or "the stones would be an edgy ground-breaking band if only mick taylor played for 10 or 15 or 100 more minutes".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 22:01 by sonomastone.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 7, 2013 22:19

sonomastone
71Tele

I wish they were more than a greatest hits band, and I think that it would be cool if he played on more songs. I just don't think that people should be suprised that neither thing is happening. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the Stones are acting like selfish, sometimes petty money-grubbers.

Their concert was a lot of fun, at least for me (and i wish there was a forum for people who felt that way so we could talk more about how great the show was), but I went in knowing that they were mostly going to play greatest hits, and being OK with that. I didn't think there was any chance under the sun that they would deliver anything different, no matter how much I'd have loved to hear them play entire sides of Exile.

I do think a lot of people react when the Taylor love extends into "ronnie sucks" or "ronnie should sit out the taylor songs" or "the stones would be an edgy ground-breaking band if only mick taylor played for 10 or 15 or 100 more minutes".

Can't argue with what you say. They're going to play all the warhorses every night. Doing so with 3 guitars would be different, though, a way to do something new while still doing the same old numbers. That's what people want, not Richards/Taylor, but Richards/Wood/Taylor. What keith said. 3 guitars. They could do so much with such a lineup. How is this anti-Woody at all? I think he would be the first to support it.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 7, 2013 22:44

I'm not anti Woody but he's the one blocking this.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 7, 2013 22:45

Rokyfan
sonomastone
71Tele

Can't argue with what you say. They're going to play all the warhorses every night. Doing so with 3 guitars would be different, though, a way to do something new while still doing the same old numbers. That's what people want, not Richards/Taylor, but Richards/Wood/Taylor. What keith said. 3 guitars. They could do so much with such a lineup. How is this anti-Woody at all? I think he would be the first to support it.

It's NOT anti-Woody, of course. It's just that a few people have knee-jerk responses about Woody based on Taylor being back. I am speculating, but I think Ronnie would be delighted by a "three-guitar attack" and would respond very well to that type of arrangement. It wouldn't work for every song, of course, but a whole mini-set could be designed around that concept.

Date: May 7, 2013 22:48

71Tele
Rokyfan
sonomastone
71Tele

It's NOT anti-Woody, of course. It's just that a few people have knee-jerk responses about Woody based on Taylor being back. I am speculating, but I think Ronnie would be delighted by a "three-guitar attack" and would respond very well to that type of arrangement. It wouldn't work for every song, of course, but a whole mini-set could be designed around that concept.

I agree. Whoever posted the topic about "woody should sit down for Taylor's songs" definitely contributed to the decline of the discussion. Don't remember who that was but that's when I said to myself "this is nuts"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home