Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 26
Re: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - with pictures
Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:44

Date: April 19, 2013 05:45

Date: April 19, 2013 05:48

and word is that the "secret show" may be at the El Rey theater on Wilshire Blvd

keep watching the stones Facebook pageeye popping smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 19, 2013 05:56

Hey benroy, just in case you missed it, bv the guy who set up this website said anyone who prints the address of the rehearsals....well, see for yourself...scroll down to the 7th post ... [www.iorr.org] .....your call of course.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 05:59 by EddieByword.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 19, 2013 06:06

EddieByword
Hey benroy, just in case you missed it, bv the guy who set up this website said anyone who prints the address of the rehearsals....well, see for yourself...scroll down to the 7th post ... [www.iorr.org] .....your call of course.

Good policy btw. I know people want to hear the Stones play/rehearse, but the last thing you want is a mob outside their spot. Let them get warmed up in peace! No stalkers!

Re: LA Rehearsals
Date: April 19, 2013 06:10

bv
By the way I talk to the Stones security managers many times, on every tour, and they have a clear wish that hotel and rehearsals locations should NOT be published. If other boards do publish such info then they are responsible for that, not me. I am a responsible person and I will simply delete the access to anyone who do not respect this very basic rule.

By the way it has been practices on IORR for 10-15 years, all the time. Many tours. Nothing new. I do respect the security of the Stones. Especially these days.

Feel free to keep the reports coming, but please do not do the job anyway easy for the nut cases.

Thanks!

Got it! However like they say "there are no secrets in this town" music folks in Los Angeles already know--the; who, what, when, where, how and why of all the details.

Date: April 19, 2013 06:11

EddieByword

thanks for the tip

what address? nothing in my posts!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2013 06:43

Keith's teeth seem rather large...is he wearing a mouth guard?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 19, 2013 06:59

Read the first report here

[www.freewebs.com]

I had planned to go to the Dustbowl Revival record release party tonight but it was at the Edison and they said they would stick to their strict dress code for the show so after 2 minutes of dusting off my funeral suit and looking for the proper shoes, I said screw this. Never make it hard for me to get to one of your shows. Even the local bands and their little club gigs are getting more exclusive. Playing a place like that is a good way to get "unliked" with extreme prejudice.

Anyway not really too much to report, the hounds show up early, the band shows up and ignores them, the hounds split but come right back before they leave. However, the main hound who is supervising a few pups is parked in the red. Parking enforcement comes along, he gets to his car in time and moves to another red zone. Parking enforcement comes back and nails him and ends up staying there for an hour. One reason I don't drive, cars are huge and it's hard finding places to put them.

You Got Me Rocking

Bitch

Ruby Tuesday

Tumbling Dice

All Down The Line

Sway

Sway

She Was Hot (aborted and restarted)

Love In Vain

If You Can't Rock Me

Loving Cup (started with Keith outside smoking, eventually morphs into full band version)

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

One More Shot

Live With Me

Shine A Light

Date: April 19, 2013 10:42

Hairball

Keith's teeth seem rather large...is he wearing a mouth guard?

I think they are just so freakin WHITE that they jump out of the picture. Creating a 3D f/x.

Date: April 19, 2013 10:44

Max'sKansasCity
Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
SWAY smoking smiley

and even the cool cats purrrrrrred.... SWAY

At 2:50 Jagger points at Ron, and he goes off w/ that SG. Great sound, good solo, better than the thin Strat sound he has been favoring. What ever RW did to reclaim his balls - I hope he keeps it up.
smileys with beer Great Ronnie on a great guitar on a great song! smileys with beer

On Bigger Bang tour I really really really wanted to hear SWAY played live... 1st date in Boston opening night? no Sway... 2nd date... NOPE!... then we had to drive to bmfk Little Rock fknsaw... and No Sway..... then we drove up to Omafknha... and no sway again!!! DAMN IT!!! Then we drove down to fknwichita, last chance... and finally I heard those opening notes, it was so awesome. A really great rendition a great song, and my Jones was satisfied.... finally.

Max was serious about catching some mthrf*ckin Sway.

couple of fags
Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: April 19, 2013 11:30

Must say I find it hard to bum a fag these days. Hardly anyone smokes anymore

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 19, 2013 11:32

Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity

On Bigger Bang tour I really really really wanted to hear SWAY played live... 1st date in Boston opening night? no Sway... 2nd date... NOPE!... then we had to drive to bmfk Little Rock fknsaw... and No Sway..... then we drove up to Omafknha... and no sway again!!! DAMN IT!!! Then we drove down to fknwichita, last chance... and finally I heard those opening notes, it was so awesome. A really great rendition a great song, and my Jones was satisfied.... finally.

Max was serious about catching some mthrf*ckin Sway.

Yes I was... and it finally paid off. It was one of those moments when I didnt know if I would ever see them again, but after seeing them 30 times in my life and them playing that song, I was satisfied.... and A-ok if that was it... but here we go again. smileys with beer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 19, 2013 11:41

benroyblenkle
EddieByword

thanks for the tip

what address? nothing in my posts!

You're welcome...I know, I know, nothing , probably Just my imagination.........winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2013 14:18

Good stuff. Thanks, Dan.

Ronnie's tweet from last night:

Rehearsed 15 songs today and 20 yesterday ~ we are ROCKIN'

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 14:43 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 19, 2013 14:49

Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
SWAY smoking smiley

At 2:50 Jagger points at Ron, and he goes off w/ that SG. Great sound, good solo, better than the thin Strat sound he has been favoring. What ever RW did to reclaim his balls - I hope he keeps it up.

Good grieve, what a shame this solo is!

Compare it to the studio version, or to these two:

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: April 19, 2013 14:53

Max'sKansasCity
Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
SWAY smoking smiley

smileys with beer Great Ronnie on a great guitar on a great song! smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]

sorry but for me this is what the lead guitar is suposed to do on Sway, wonder of we'll hear this played with the end solo with the stones?

one can only hope

2 good versions of Sway, i favour Mick Taylors playing over Ronnie's, but i favour the stones over Carla Olson, combine the 2 and we have taylor with teh stones wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: April 19, 2013 14:59

Captainchaos
Max'sKansasCity
Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
SWAY smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

sorry but for me this is what the lead guitar is suposed to do on Sway, wonder of we'll hear this played with the end solo with the stones?

one can only hope

2 good versions of Sway, i favour Mick Taylors playing over Ronnie's, but i favour the stones over Carla Olson, combine the 2 and we have taylor with teh stones wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bugger ive been beaten to it

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 19, 2013 15:12

they are a bunch of lucky guys ... rehearsing in LA ...

anybody who'll be hanging out there this eve ... pls drop us a a confidential note sharing your experiences ...

However, please mind the posting rules ... cheers

bv
These days it is very important that name or location of the rehearsals site or where the Stones stay are NOT posted or published, due to security issues.

Thanks!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 19, 2013 15:22

Captainchaos
Captainchaos
Max'sKansasCity
Palace Revolution 2000
Max'sKansasCity
SWAY smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

one can only hope

bugger ive been beaten to it

Lol!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 19, 2013 15:36

Well, if the rehearsals are any indication of what they will be playing live,it will be Warhorses city once again...>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 19, 2013 15:48

proudmary

The Rolling Stones get together to rehearse in LA ahead of upcoming tour

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I can't help it but the Keith looks a wee bit like crowned with spikes right thru his head ...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 19, 2013 15:50

ROPENI
Well, if the rehearsals are any indication of what they will be playing live,it will be Warhorses city once again...>grinning smiley<

Does not matter Anymore!!!!
As long as i can see them one more time !!!
Jeroen

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 19, 2013 15:55

corriecas
ROPENI

Jeroen
Happy for you C,but me personally, will not pay what they r asking,to hear "You got me Rocking" Brown Sugar,Miss You,etc one more time,but man enjoy the show....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: April 19, 2013 16:06

ROPENI
corriecas
ROPENI

Jeroen
Happy for you C,but me personally, will not pay what they r asking,to hear "You got me Rocking" Brown Sugar,Miss You,etc one more time,but man enjoy the show....

i know and what you feel Ropeni.. You are right. But as long as they are out there....
Just One more Time.

jeroen

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 19, 2013 18:21

Well it's good to see the boys having fun in the LA sun...no great surprises in the songs rehearsed so far, although I'm surprised they haven't had a play with Gimme Shelter. Still a few weeks left for that ans some other lesser known gems I suppose and on the positive side - no sign of Satisfaction!

Date: April 19, 2013 18:25

crumbling_mice
Well it's good to see the boys having fun in the LA sun...no great surprises in the songs rehearsed so far, although I'm surprised they haven't had a play with Gimme Shelter. Still a few weeks left for that ans some other lesser known gems I suppose and on the positive side - no sign of Satisfaction!

they have had their Satisfaction for the past 50 years, and we also did!!
jeroen

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 19, 2013 18:39

corriecas
crumbling_mice

they have had their Satisfaction for the past 50 years, and we also did!!
jeroen

Very good Jeroen!

Also, if they are going to do Sway I hope it is a little better than the above version. Ronnie quits the slide solo too early for the rest of the band, they make a hash of the backing vocals and it lacks punch. Ron's second solo is class though!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 19, 2013 19:28

PhillyFAN
On the Exile documentary Bill Wyman said Mick Taylor was a far better musician then anyone in the band, He also said that they were at their peak and no other band could come lose to them when Taylor was in the band! Yes bring him back for the entire show for every performance.

Exactly correct - the debate concerning Ron Wood vs. Mick Taylor is a non-issue as far as Wyman and Watts are concerned. Glad Taylor is back - he cannot play enough for me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 19, 2013 21:08

So WTF is Taylor ?!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home