Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 26
Re: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - with pictures
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 20, 2013 07:46

They started early as they had played 2 songs by the time I got there. A bit more of a crowd than yesterday. Charlie briefly came out to the gate for about a minute. I didn't bring anything to sign but it was totally cool of him just the same.

This followed Wednesday's format of loosely following the standard concert setlist structure, with Keith's songs after JJF and worked thru some more ballads at the end.

They usually take weekends off and I am busy all weekend anyway. I am starting to get that festival pain in my back and hips from standing on the pavement so much.

No sign of Mick Taylor but they played plenty of songs he would sound good on.

Get Off My Cloud

The Last Time

It's Only Rock N Roll

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Wild Horses

Dead Flowers

All Down The Line

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

Miss You

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Waiting On A Friend

Waiting On A Friend

Moonlight Mile

Beast Of Burden

Worried About You

That's How Strong My Love Is

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2013 07:47

sanQ
As a guitarist myself, I know for a fact that Mick Taylor as a guitarist is miles ahead of and better than Ronnie. Ronnie's playing is boring double note leads pretty near all the time. He's spent the last 30 years playing mostly uninspired solos with the exception of the reunion shows where he actually seems to be practicing again. Probably because he's sober.

If anyone is complaining about MT, you are too easily amused musically. Mick Taylor is a musician's musician. For those of us who are also musicians, MT is a welcome addition to hear a man who never plays the same way twice. He's a bootlegger's live recording dream come true and that is so much more appealing. Now don't ruin our enjoyment! You have the last 20 years worth of live recordings if you want to see and hear Ronnie. A change was needed.

Let us enjoy this now.

Who is better and worse is not the thing. I don't like MT:s sound, in fact i think he ruins their sound. Stones sound is not about perfect endless solos. And MT is that kind of guitarplayer. No Les Paul standards on stage please.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 20, 2013 08:04

Dan
They started early as they had played 2 songs by the time I got there. A bit more of a crowd than yesterday. Charlie briefly came out to the gate for about a minute. I didn't bring anything to sign but it was totally cool of him just the same.

This followed Wednesday's format of loosely following the standard concert setlist structure, with Keith's songs after JJF and worked thru some more ballads at the end.

They usually take weekends off and I am busy all weekend anyway. I am starting to get that festival pain in my back and hips from standing on the pavement so much.

Get Off My Cloud

The Last Time

It's Only Rock N Roll

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Wild Horses

Dead Flowers

All Down The Line

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Waiting On A Friend

Waiting On A Friend

Moonlight Mile

Beast Of Burden

Worried About You

Thank you Dan,
I appreciate your efforts and poststhumbs up and sympathize with your festival pains.
Thanks Dan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 08:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 20, 2013 08:17

would be great if they did that's how strong my love is. one of my favorite early covers they did. thanks for posting dan.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:52

JumpinJeppeFlash
sanQ
As a guitarist myself, I know for a fact that Mick Taylor as a guitarist is miles ahead of and better than Ronnie. Ronnie's playing is boring double note leads pretty near all the time. He's spent the last 30 years playing mostly uninspired solos with the exception of the reunion shows where he actually seems to be practicing again. Probably because he's sober.

If anyone is complaining about MT, you are too easily amused musically. Mick Taylor is a musician's musician. For those of us who are also musicians, MT is a welcome addition to hear a man who never plays the same way twice. He's a bootlegger's live recording dream come true and that is so much more appealing. Now don't ruin our enjoyment! You have the last 20 years worth of live recordings if you want to see and hear Ronnie. A change was needed.

Let us enjoy this now.

Who is better and worse is not the thing. I don't like MT:s sound, in fact i think he ruins their sound. Stones sound is not about perfect endless solos. And MT is that kind of guitarplayer. No Les Paul standards on stage please.

Like I said, you can always go back and listen to recordings from the last 30 years to hear the sound you like.

With both Mick and Ronnie there, we all get what we need.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:56

Dan

Get Off My Cloud

The Last Time

It's Only Rock N Roll

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Wild Horses

Dead Flowers

All Down The Line

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Waiting On A Friend

Waiting On A Friend

Moonlight Mile

Beast Of Burden

Worried About You

Hmm ! Well, not he most inspiring and innovative setlist they could have come up with, in my humble opinion. I could really do without these (in bold) yet again ...........

Get Off My Cloud
The Last Time
It's Only Rock N Roll
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Wild Horses
Dead Flowers
All Down The Line
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women
Miss You

Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Waiting On A Friend
Moonlight Mile
Beast Of Burden
Worried About You

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:56

JumpinJeppeFlash
sanQ

Let us enjoy this now.

Yeah, but what you don't see is that sanQ is a guitarist. Therefore he knows for a fact that Mick T is a better guitar player. What of that don't you understand?
You are talking to a musician, man. Just accept it.
I'm changing my opinion at this moment (although I'm also a guitar player, but I didn't know that we - musicians - must prefer Mick T).

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:18

"Hmm ! Well, not he most inspiring and innovative setlist they could have come up with, in my humble opinion."

paulywaul....I'm with you on that..I'm sad, that after seeing them here every time in the UK since 1973, I'm not going this time round simply because they're just seem to be 'phoning it it' now..

Date: April 20, 2013 10:30

BowieStone
JumpinJeppeFlash
sanQ

Let us enjoy this now.

Yeah, but what you don't see is that sanQ is a guitarist. Therefore he knows for a fact that Mick T is a better guitar player. What of that don't you understand?
I'm changing my opinion at this moment (although I'm also a guitar player, but I didn't know that we - musicians - must prefer Mick T).[/quot

You are talking to me like i'm i child. Look you don't have to tell me that MT is a better musician than RW. I know a hell lot more about musicians and guitarplayers that you ever could imagine. Point is i don't like a guy with endless perfect solos ruin their sound on stage. It can never be the same as it was in 1969 or 1972 again. MT doesn't add anything to the band in 2013.

Date: April 20, 2013 10:37

JumpinJeppeFlash
BowieStone
JumpinJeppeFlash
sanQ

Let us enjoy this now.

I'm changing my opinion at this moment (although I'm also a guitar player, but I didn't know that we - musicians - must prefer Mick T).[/quot

You are talking to me like i'm i child. Look you don't have to tell me that MT is a better musician than RW. I know a hell lot more about musicians and guitarplayers that you ever could imagine. Point is i don't like a guy with endless perfect solos ruin their sound on stage. It can never be the same as it was in 1969 or 1972 again. MT doesn't add anything to the band in 2013.

Ever heard of something called 'irony'.
I thought it was pretty obvious.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 20, 2013 10:40

Rehearsals in Los Angeles

Any news about the rehearsals ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 20, 2013 11:19

Mick Taylor is there, your complaining is not going to change it. Just give up already. Also, you should throw out all of their albums from 1969 to 1974.
You're a guitarist too? I wouldn't want to hear you play I'll tell you that. You play limited guitar, probably not very good if you have no appreciation for a unique one of a kind virtuoso.
So how did he ruin their sound during the very best years of their existence? That makes zero sense and shows your musical ignorance.
As for your comment that you know more about musicians and guitars than I could ever imagine, if that was directed to me, is completely ridiculous. Not only do I know more than you about musicians and guitar players, I could get up on stage with the Stones and play every damn song as well as all their parts and never play the same way twice. I could get up and do multiple versions from all the live recordings I've studied and collected since I was a kid ~ with feeling and passion ~ of every Stones, Hendrix, Dylan, Beatles or Stevie Ray Vaughan tune ~which I learned by ear~ for starters, and I could solo and chord over top of any song in perfect timing and pitch that randomly came up on any radio station you selected. I would also do it blindfolded and with the guitar behind my head or my back.

Yeah you know more than me I am certain. My apologies for not seeing the depth of your knowledgable opinion.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:34

sanQ
Mick Taylor is there, your complaining is not going to change it. Just give up already. Also, you should throw out all of their albums from 1969 to 1974.
You're a guitarist too? I wouldn't want to hear you play I'll tell you that. You play limited guitar, probably not very good if you have no appreciation for a unique one of a kind virtuoso.
So how did he ruin their sound during the very best years of their existence? That makes zero sense and shows your musical ignorance.
As for your comment that you know more about musicians and guitars than I could ever imagine, if that was directed to me, is completely ridiculous. Not only do I know more than you about musicians and guitar players, I could get up on stage with the Stones and play every damn song as well as all their parts and never play the same way twice. I could get up and do multiple versions from all the live recordings I've studied and collected since I was a kid ~ with feeling and passion ~ of every Stones, Hendrix, Dylan, Beatles or Stevie Ray Vaughan tune ~which I learned by ear~ for starters, and I could solo and chord over top of any song in perfect timing and pitch that randomly came up on any radio station you selected. I would also do it blindfolded and with the guitar behind my head or my back.

Yeah you know more than me I am certain. My apologies for not seeing the depth of your knowledgable opinion.

I was not writing to you pal. There are others here than you with knowledge about musicians and guitarplayers you know. Maybe it's hard for you to understand?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 20, 2013 11:38

Not much here about rehearsals but many thanks,but too much here about MT and RW.
Open up a differant thread guys. confused smiley

Re: LA Rehearsals April 15 -
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 20, 2013 11:41

bv
These days it is very important that name or location of the rehearsals site or where the Stones stay are NOT posted or published, due to security issues.

Thanks!

smileys with beer joke of the day! but where they play live is ok to mention?

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 20, 2013 12:41

Simple question: Have they already (October 2012 or this month) rehearsed any song from the Bigger Bang album? To be honest I was a bit surprised about not having heard at least one at their 2012 shows...

Re: LA Rehearsals
Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: April 20, 2013 12:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
Spot on, over soloing, could not agree more. Rambler ok but please no more songs in Hyde Park. MT has not been a part of that Stonessound in a long time. People who likes Les Paul guitarplayers with endless solos should listen to other bands. I don't think MT will show up at rehearsals either.

Fortunately, it really doesn't matter what you think. Nobody's interested in your opinion.
You will see in a few days.

Re: LA Rehearsals April 15 -
Date: April 20, 2013 12:50

guitarbastard
where they play live is ok to mention?

Of course. That's a 2 hours show where they want the people to be. Completely different to a 2 weeks stay at a place.
Real fans always find out where the Stones are, and they tell eachother by phone or e-mail. No reason to post it on the internet for everyone to see.
I am sure that your friends can find you because they know where you live and where you work. No reason to post it on the internet for everyone to see.

-------------------

Date: April 20, 2013 12:53

SundanceKid
Nobody's interested in your opinion.

Is that an opinion ?

-------------------

Date: April 20, 2013 13:34

SundanceKid
JumpinJeppeFlash
Spot on, over soloing, could not agree more. Rambler ok but please no more songs in Hyde Park. MT has not been a part of that Stonessound in a long time. People who likes Les Paul guitarplayers with endless solos should listen to other bands. I don't think MT will show up at rehearsals either.

Fortunately, it really doesn't matter what you think. Nobody's interested in your opinion.
You will see in a few days.

Really, and your point is?

Date: April 20, 2013 13:35

This thread is going all sorts of places it shouldn't go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 13:36 by BowieStone.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 20, 2013 14:40

Thanks for all the reports and photos. I suspect that Mick Taylor will be on two numbers this time around - Midnight Rambler or CYHMK and one other. It would be amazing if they went with three guitars the entire show, but if he's not at rehearsals, I think we can assume it's a nightly guest spot.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 20, 2013 14:50

Thanks to those of you who are standing on the pavement (sidewalk) keeping us up to date. I imagine that Taylor will rock up in the near future and since he will mainly be covering lead he's most likely already working on the solos back in the uk.

Arguments about Taylor/Wood should be put to one side and certainly not on this thread otherwise the real news gets lost in yards of childish bickering about something of which none of you have any control.

Be happy they are touring, the more the merrier. If they had said they weren;t touring you would be bitching about them ignoring the fans demands for a final tour.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 20, 2013 14:58

I hope Keith rehearses more than just two songs for his mini-set. Not Happy again. Let's see some Sleep Tonight and All About You.

Very glad to see CYHMK, Waiting on a Friend and Moonlight Mile being rehearsed! I hope they dust off Out of Control again, it was brilliant at the London show last year.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 20, 2013 15:01

AMEN

sanQ

Let us enjoy this now.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 20, 2013 15:21

JumpinJeppeFlash
sanQ

Let us enjoy this now.

For the love of God and the love of the Stones........PLEASE..........LET'S STOP THE FREAKIN' BELLYACHING! JEPPE, I HOPE YOU NEVER SEE ANOTHER STONES' SHOW AGAIN IN YOUR LIFETIME.

HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP........

REHEARSALS, ANYONE??

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 20, 2013 15:35

What a shame they gave up on really working together so long ago and now they do not have a body of work from the last few decades they are proud of and want to play live. Instead we will get the same old set. a song written in the 70's as the most recently composed number, unlkess they throw in YGMR or Out of Control or She Was Hot (only a decade or two old), but they probably won't even do that. I'm going, for $85 no question its worth it, and I'll have a good time, but it really is a shame.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 20, 2013 16:06

Thanks again for the reports, Dan.

Odd that Bernard tweeted about MT as if he were there.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 20, 2013 16:17

Mick T came in and went out in the trunk of one of the black limo's.
Back of the studios,outta sight,he clambered out ,done his stuff, and then jumped back in the trunk when they were ready to leave.
So he did arrive in a black limo after all. winking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 20, 2013 16:47

OneHit
I hope Keith rehearses more than just two songs for his mini-set. Not Happy again. Let's see some Sleep Tonight and All About You.

Very glad to see CYHMK, Waiting on a Friend and Moonlight Mile being rehearsed! I hope they dust off Out of Control again, it was brilliant at the London show last year.

Please NO !yawning smiley
Keith's ballads,great as they are, just don't work in a concert setting. They are always met by confused looks and toilet breaks.BTMMR and Happy were great last year, but I'd like to see T&A,Connection and maybe a cover. Sweet Little Rock n Roller would work if last weekend was anything to go by >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home