Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 26
Re: Rehearsals in Los Angeles - with pictures
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 19, 2013 21:27

gotdablouse
So WTF is Taylor ?!

Not there thank god.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 19, 2013 21:46

Ronnie Wood is now Ronnie Wood on Twitter tweeter.... has anyone posted this yet?

anyway he posted this 2 hours ago:

[twitter.com]

which is a list of songs rehearsed "yesterday" which would have been Thursday, April 18.

tongue sticking out smiley

You Got Me Rockin D
Bitch A
Ruby Tuesday Am then C volume pedal cello
Tumblin Dice b bender B
All Down the Line G
Sway F
She Was Hot G
Love in Vain G
If YOu Can't Rock Me G
Lovin Cup G
You Cant Always Get C
Doom and Gloom C#
One More Shot G
Live With Me A
Shine a Light C

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 21:51 by tumbled.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 19, 2013 21:55

JumpinJeppeFlash
gotdablouse
So WTF is Taylor ?!

Not there thank god.

An amazingly dumb thing to say, IMO. Regardless of how you feel about him, he is playing on the tour. Rehearsal is a good thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 21:57 by Woz.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 19, 2013 22:08

JumpinJeppeFlash
gotdablouse
So WTF is Taylor ?!

Not there thank god.

I am glad you are not here Jeppe.
jeroen

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 19, 2013 22:09

my sources say Mick Taylor is in charge and will show up if and when he damned well feels like it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-19 22:17 by GRNRBITW.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 19, 2013 22:12

JumpinJeppeFlash
gotdablouse
So WTF is Taylor ?!

Not there thank god.

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID COMMENT! confused smiley

So.......I suppose you would NOT even WANT to attend the 'secret rehearsal gig' IF you were able to be there. Right? Because what if Taylor was there! (And do NOT tell me that it's a moot point because you live far from the LA area!)

confused smiley

Date: April 19, 2013 22:29

GRNRBITW
my sources say Mick Taylor is in charge and will show up if and when he damned well feels like it....

Well, you don´t have any so it´s completely b***s***.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 19, 2013 22:43

Please do NOT use this thread for personal fights or off-topic issues. Please keep ON topic and what you post related to the rehearsals. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 19, 2013 23:07

Did you see this posted by a nice guy on another website that is very nice of him to have posted I think :

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: April 19, 2013 23:18

Just so they know what to rehearse:

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 19, 2013 23:43

JumpinJeppeFlash
GRNRBITW

Well, you don´t have any so it´s completely b***s***.

you can impune me all you like but i will not sit here and tolerate an impuning of my sources. they are out there working hard for the likes of you and me.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2013 23:55

From Ronnie:

Here are the songs we rehearsed yesterday on one of my canvasses that I do everyday in the studio ~

[twitter.com]

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:19

I WANNA GO TO THE SECRET SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 20, 2013 00:40

From Bernard Fowler. MT in LA today?

#FF Great to be in rehearsals with @RollingStones @MickJagger @officialKeef @ronniewood @touchingbasses @ChuckLeavell @MickTaylorInfo

[twitter.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:40

Lilla Chinchilla
Just so they know what to rehearse:

Yea.............thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up.............and silver train, winter and 100 years ago

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 20, 2013 00:54

SECRET SHOW SECRET SHOW SECRET SHOW

Date: April 20, 2013 01:02

From McCartney band guitarist Brian Ray:

Listening to @RollingStones rehearse next door, with the urgency of a local rock band looking to break out was fairly inspiring.

[twitter.com]

@ronniewood It was a gas to see you and the boys at rehearsal~ #foresthills #rockonwards

[twitter.com]

An insane few days of rehearsal with the pleasant distraction of @RollingStones rehearsing next door to us. #more #rockonwards

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:29

The birds seem to like it!

tumbled
Did you see this posted by a nice guy on another website that is very nice of him to have posted I think :

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:33

Hairball

Keith's teeth seem rather large...is he wearing a mouth guard?

Keith's going to play hockey after rehearsals.

Re: LA Rehearsals
Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:44

jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
The Stones were at their peak when Mick T was in the band. Maybe you should go back and listen to the ablums and bootlegs when he was in the band. Their sound was incredible. They would not be asking him to return if he was not an asset to the band. I am hoping to hear him play on many songs.

Well, that's your opinion, in my opinion their peak is the Ronnie era. It's a matter of taste and i prefer the sound of Ronnies guitar. I don't like MT:s guitarsound that much.

While you are entitled to your opinion, the Ron Wood Era is not the peak of the RS. Ever heard of Sticky Fingers and Exile? The 1972 tour? If MT was a medicore guitarist they would not be asking him on their current tour. He adds another dimension that has been missing since his departure.
You are defiantly one of them jivinsister a taylor freak! a totally different animal! Ever here of Some Girls there best selling album of all time? ever hear and watch Hampton? Hampton as a whole blows anything Mick Taylor shows with the band away! Yes i like Mick Taylor but unfortunatly he plays in the old days fabulously but in alot of the songs he completly destroy's the song because of over soloing i could give you a list but i'm not into a taylor wood or richards argument right before the tour! I want to enjoy my show's! Like i stated before the taylor freak is a whole other animal all together they are way out there man!It's called to much acid or tunnel vision!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 01:52 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:56

tumbled

Neat stuff.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:03

stonesfrkk
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
The Stones were at their peak when Mick T was in the band. Maybe you should go back and listen to the ablums and bootlegs when he was in the band. Their sound was incredible. They would not be asking him to return if he was not an asset to the band. I am hoping to hear him play on many songs.

Well, that's your opinion, in my opinion their peak is the Ronnie era. It's a matter of taste and i prefer the sound of Ronnies guitar. I don't like MT:s guitarsound that much.

While you are entitled to your opinion, the Ron Wood Era is not the peak of the RS. Ever heard of Sticky Fingers and Exile? The 1972 tour? If MT was a medicore guitarist they would not be asking him on their current tour. He adds another dimension that has been missing since his departure.
You are defiantly one of them jivinsister a taylor freak! a totally different animal! Ever here of Some Girls there best selling album of all time? ever hear and watch Hampton? Hampton as a whole blows anything Mick Taylor shows with the band away! Yes i like Mick Taylor but unfortunatly he plays in the old days fabulously but in alot of the songs he completly destroy's the song because of over soloing i could give you a list but i'm not into a taylor wood or richards argument right before the tour! I want to enjoy my show's! Like i stated before the taylor freak is a whole other animal all together they are way out there man!It's called to much acid or tunnel vision!

That the great thing about the Internet, you can find the one person who would take Hampton over Ya-Yas, Brussels Affair & Handsome Girls.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:10

Yeah cool but like Macca's guitar/bass player said (politely), dude's sound rusty indeed! Sway needs Taylor in a hurry! Based on Bernard's tweet it sounds like he might be on his way?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 02:12 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 20, 2013 02:24

If their arrangement of Sway is anything like what they've done in the past, they have some serious problems with the singer's reinterpretation of the song, regardless of how rusty the guitarists are...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-20 02:46 by sonomastone.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:23

As a guitarist myself, I know for a fact that Mick Taylor as a guitarist is miles ahead of and better than Ronnie. Ronnie's playing is boring double note leads pretty near all the time. He's spent the last 30 years playing mostly uninspired solos with the exception of the reunion shows where he actually seems to be practicing again. Probably because he's sober.

If anyone is complaining about MT, you are too easily amused musically. Mick Taylor is a musician's musician. For those of us who are also musicians, MT is a welcome addition to hear a man who never plays the same way twice. He's a bootlegger's live recording dream come true and that is so much more appealing. Now don't ruin our enjoyment! You have the last 20 years worth of live recordings if you want to see and hear Ronnie. A change was needed.

Let us enjoy this now.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2013 05:53

Stonesfrkk - I like ROnnie but better than MT NO!!
Hampton Roads is a good show. Get Yer Ya-Ya's out is one of the best live albims ever. Brussells is THE BEST rock and roll show that I have ever heard any band play. If you prefer Ronnie that is fine but Hampton DOES NOT blow anything and everything away from the Taylor era. Not to mention the run of LIB through IORR is possibly the best run of albums by any rock band ever as well. Ronnie has Some Girls period its the only thing that compares to the Taylor era and it is not quite as good.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:06

SanQ, couldn't agree more.

Posted by: ghlmustang ()
Date: April 20, 2013 06:59

Mountain range in the background tells me they're rehearsing in Burbank, probably close to the Burbank Airport.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 20, 2013 07:32

With a bit of creative use of Google and the various clues in the pictures it isn't hard to work out where they are - but we've been asked not to name names so I won't.

Date: April 20, 2013 07:33

stonesfrkk
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

You are defiantly one of them jivinsister a taylor freak! a totally different animal! Ever here of Some Girls there best selling album of all time? ever hear and watch Hampton? Hampton as a whole blows anything Mick Taylor shows with the band away! Yes i like Mick Taylor but unfortunatly he plays in the old days fabulously but in alot of the songs he completly destroy's the song because of over soloing i could give you a list but i'm not into a taylor wood or richards argument right before the tour! I want to enjoy my show's! Like i stated before the taylor freak is a whole other animal all together they are way out there man!It's called to much acid or tunnel
vision!

Spot on, over soloing, could not agree more. Rambler ok but please no more songs in Hyde Park. MT has not been a part of that Stonessound in a long time. People who likes Les Paul guitarplayers with endless solos should listen to other bands. I don't think MT will show up at rehearsals either.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home