Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 26
Re: LA Rehearsals
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:14

Munichhilton
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
The Stones were at their peak when Mick T was in the band. Maybe you should go back and listen to the ablums and bootlegs when he was in the band. Their sound was incredible. They would not be asking him to return if he was not an asset to the band. I am hoping to hear him play on many songs.

Well, that's your opinion, in my opinion their peak is the Ronnie era. It's a matter of taste and i prefer the sound of Ronnies guitar. I don't like MT:s guitarsound that much.

Love both versions, but prefer the RW era too.
By the way this band has had no peaks...they've had multiple plateaus...and a couple of low areas...

Agree with that, thumbs up

Date: April 18, 2013 22:20

jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
The Stones were at their peak when Mick T was in the band. Maybe you should go back and listen to the ablums and bootlegs when he was in the band. Their sound was incredible. They would not be asking him to return if he was not an asset to the band. I am hoping to hear him play on many songs.

Well, that's your opinion, in my opinion their peak is the Ronnie era. It's a matter of taste and i prefer the sound of Ronnies guitar. I don't like MT:s guitarsound that much.

While you are entitled to your opinion, the Ron Wood Era is not the peak of the RS. Ever heard of Sticky Fingers and Exile? The 1972 tour? If MT was a medicore guitarist they would not be asking him on their current tour. He adds another dimension that has been missing since his departure.

Never said MT is a mediocre guitarist, but i don't like his sound. In my opinion there are tours way better than 72 and they don't need MT at all, he is part of the history sure, but he is not a member of the band these days. Ronnie is a stone, MT is not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 22:22 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:21

JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wyman have all said that was the best era of the Stones, so I would believe these individuals since they played with them all.
You are entitled to your opinion but I believe you are in the minority.

Charlie and Mick Jagger say Taylor is an Amazing player. Never heard one Stone say that about Ronnie. I would take Brian Jones back over Ronnie. I like Ronnie and saw him in Atlantic City for the one off show and he played better than I ever saw him, but not even close to Mick Taylor's potential. Whether you like Mick Taylor or not he is a true virtuoso. The other two guitar players are not.

I think deep down inside Keith knows Taylor takes the spotlight just as he did in 72-73. We know Keith is a fantastic songwriter but when it comes to playing guitar very few are in the class with Taylor.

The Stones have energy back in the band with Mick Taylor. He is the reason I am going to see them. I find them very monotonous without Mick Taylor.

Date: April 18, 2013 22:24

Blackdog
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wyman have all said that was the best era of the Stones, so I would believe these individuals since they played with them all.

Charlie and Mick Jagger say Taylor is an Amazing player. Never heard one Stone say that about Ronnie. I would take Brian Jones back over Ronnie. I like Ronnie and saw him in Atlantic City for the one off show and he played better than I ever saw him, but not even close to Mick Taylor's potential. Whether you like Mick Taylor or not he is a true virtuoso. The other two guitar players are not.

I think deep down inside Keith knows Taylor takes the spotlight just as he did in 72-73. We know Keith is a fantastic songwriter but when it comes to playing guitar very few are in the class with Taylor.

The Stones have energy back in the band with Mick Taylor. He is the reason I am going to see them. I find them very monotonous without Mick Taylor.

Good for you.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:25

JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

While you are entitled to your opinion, the Ron Wood Era is not the peak of the RS. Ever heard of Sticky Fingers and Exile? The 1972 tour? If MT was a medicore guitarist they would not be asking him on their current tour. He adds another dimension that has been missing since his departure.

Never said MT is a mediocre guitarist, but i don't like his sound. In my opinion there are tours way better than 72 and they don't need MT at all, his part of the history sure, but he is not a member of the band these days. Ronnie is a stone, MT is not.

That's when the Stones were at their songwriting best. It just so happens that Taylor was in the band at the time. Yes I think Taylor is a great guitarist, but I don't believe he is the reason for the Stones success for that era. As for me personally, I would love to see the 3 guitarists on stage for a good portion of the show.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:26

from an inside source, it's clear that MT is calling the shots at the rehearsals. boy, what a turning point in the band's history!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:32

Might want to put that one aside until MT actually appears at rehearsals.

Date: April 18, 2013 22:35

GRNRBITW
from an inside source, it's clear that MT is calling the shots at the rehearsals. boy, what a turning point in the band's history!

He is not there.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:40

GumbootCloggeroo
Mick Taylor, at this point in his career, is just a name connected to history. Here's a scenario: if Mick Taylor were a nobody and he came out for this coming tour and guested with The Stones, would you guys think that he's an amazing guitar player and a perfect fit for The Stones? Based on what I've seen so far, I would think that he's another guitarist and nothing special.

If this attitude keeps up, pretty soon people will be saying that the Bill Wyman era never mattered, and that all the songs sound better now live because Darryl plays them instead of that metal detector guy.

<<...he's another guitarist and nothing special.>>

I'll bet you say that about all virtuoso-class players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-18 22:50 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:40

No Exiles songs on that list (yet)? I'm sure they'll play Tumbling Dice and Happy, but a few more wouldn't go astray. I don't even care which ones, something extra from that album, please.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:48

Blackdog
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

Even Ron Wood has agreed that this was their best period. In an interview a few years back he was mentioning how honored he was to "be playing on songs from, you know, their best period."

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:51

BluzDude
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

Never said MT is a mediocre guitarist, but i don't like his sound. In my opinion there are tours way better than 72 and they don't need MT at all, his part of the history sure, but he is not a member of the band these days. Ronnie is a stone, MT is not.

That's when the Stones were at their songwriting best. It just so happens that Taylor was in the band at the time. Yes I think Taylor is a great guitarist, but I don't believe he is the reason for the Stones success for that era. As for me personally, I would love to see the 3 guitarists on stage for a good portion of the show.

I agree BluzDude with what you said. Mick Taylor helped the Stones make some great albums. Beggars Banquet is a great album without Taylor. I think he made them into an electrifying LIVE band. From 69-75 they were incredible playing live on stage. When I play a bootleg from that era people go who is that playing the guitar, Keith? No, I say Mick Taylor. I like the Stones from 62-75. I like a few songs after that Hand of fate, Waiting on a friend and a few others. I am hoping for at least 5 songs. I am in for Chicago, Toronto and both Philly shows.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:56

JumpinJeppeFlash
GRNRBITW

He is not there.
Wow he's that important.

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:59

Blackdog
BluzDude
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

I agree BluzDude with what you said. Mick Taylor helped the Stones make some great albums. Beggars Banquet is a great album without Taylor. I think he made them into an electrifying LIVE band. From 69-75 they were incredible playing live on stage. When I play a bootleg from that era people go who is that playing the guitar, Keith? No, I say Mick Taylor. I like the Stones from 62-75. I like a few songs after that Hand of fate, Waiting on a friend and a few others. I am hoping for at least 5 songs. I am in for Chicago, Toronto and both Philly shows.

...Taylor was gone in 75.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:06

For me,it would be great for Keith ,Ronnie and Mick T to be on for the whole show and work out during rehearsals who plays what.
Mick the singer always has a few little breaks in between solos and Keiths 2 songs.
The guitar players could work out the same thing.
That would be great. winking smiley

Date: April 18, 2013 23:07

Sixsixseveneight
Blackdog
BluzDude
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

Thank god, what would TOTA be without Ronnie.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:11

Taylor is wildly overrated, as are his supposed contributions to the band.

I think the Stones would have been every bit as brilliant from '69-'74 with Ronnie in the band as they were with Taylor.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing how they work Taylor into songs other than Rambler. It could be a catastrophic mess on any number of levels.

I do hope that it goes well, though, and I hope the Taylor fans get what they want from this tour; 39 years is a long time to wait for something that underwhelms.

God bless Ron Wood.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:13

JumpinJeppeFlash
Sixsixseveneight
Blackdog
BluzDude
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister
JumpinJeppeFlash
jivingsister

Thank god, what would TOTA be without Ronnie.

I know...its not like they would've finished the tour with Taylor either....

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:15

that means "you dont know!"

Date: April 18, 2013 23:16

Am I missing something,but what is TOTA ? confused smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:18

benroyblenkle
GumbootCloggeroo
benroyblenkle
are they in Los Angeles for rehearsals? whwre?
We're not allowed to divulge that information. Sorry.

that means YOU DONT KNOW!

It means that the location is not to be discussed on this board.
I will respect bv's wishes

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:19

crawdaddy
The name of the 75 tour..Tour Of The Americas..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: April 18, 2013 23:19

crawdaddy

TOTA=Tour of the americas.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:20

crawdaddy
1975 Tour Of The Americas

Date: April 18, 2013 23:22

BluzDude
benroyblenkle
GumbootCloggeroo
benroyblenkle

Agreed. smoking smiley

Date: April 18, 2013 23:26

ROPENI
crawdaddy
The name of the 75 tour..Tour Of The Americas..

Thanks guys.
Being a Brit,I was scratching my head thinking of a song. smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2013 23:30

stonehearted

Even Ron Wood has agreed that this was their best period. In an interview a few years back he was mentioning how honored he was to "be playing on songs from, you know, their best period."

Ronnie is indeed the voice of reason in these MT/Ronnie debates, as he knows his place within the Stones' long history as a "second fiddle".
I would have to agree with Ronnie that the MT years are definitley their "best period", and I think Charlie has even mentioned a similar opinion.
I wonder if Ronnie would also agree that the "Brian years" are the 2nd best period of the Stones.

Couple of fags
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 18, 2013 22:10

Date: April 18, 2013 23:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
GRNRBITW

He is not there.

that was the first shot he called....more to come.

Date: April 18, 2013 23:50

BluzDude
benroyblenkle
GumbootCloggeroo
benroyblenkle

brown-noser

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 26

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home