Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 35 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATED 09/04
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 12, 2013 19:34

andy js
IGTBA
I contacted a class action firm in California today and discussed this with them. They expressed interest, but I was not talking with one of their attorneys. I just finished sending them a long email, describing this "fraud" and why it may fit under US law. I provided a link to this "confusion" thread and included a lot of the information here in the body of my email. I am neither more nor less hopeful this will become a class action - still a very long shot. But I'm trying as best I can. I do not think they should get away with this, just because people are still buying Tier 1/2 tickets with the much worse location. They should not have lied originally, taken my money, and wasted all my time!

Is this bloke for real ???

grinning smiley

Let it go FFS

Yep he is - and he's actually right but...nobody died so yes let it go FFS

Posted by: frysberg ()
Date: April 12, 2013 23:18

Hello!, I have some questions which maybe can be answered by you guys. I have a tier 2 ticket but want to stand in front of the tier 3 area. Can I with my tier 2 ticket go to the tier 3 area or must I downgrade my ticket to a tier 3?, if I could, have many entrance will be open at two o'clock? Some pictures have three/four entrance but does everyone opens at two o'clock? Can I with my tier 2 ticket enter any entrance?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 23:29 by frysberg.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 13, 2013 00:10

I am going to stand and not to sit down like an old fart, it is a consert not a church ceremony. Seating chart - yawning smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:30

mtaylor
I am going to stand and not to sit down like an old fart

Know what you mean. Once I sit down it's murder getting up again. grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:50

Well "Seating chart" is the standard term, I believe, whether you're sitting or standing !

@frysberg - no one knows I'm afraid at this point. For security reasons I somehow doubt there will be too many direct passages, especially in the front.

Posted by: wsmbm ()
Date: April 13, 2013 23:03

Still not received my refund (or any email about it being processed) - they asked me on Monday what ticket agent I used so they could refund me. Anyone else got a refund processed yet?

Posted by: Sixsixseveneight ()
Date: April 13, 2013 23:16

wsmbm
Still not received my refund (or any email about it being processed) - they asked me on Monday what ticket agent I used so they could refund me. Anyone else got a refund processed yet?

Still waiting for my downgrade. I contacted my ticket agent and they haven't even been given authorisation to do anything. The manager has sent an email to AEG and still hasn't heard from them.

I'm starting to get very fcuking mad now.

Posted by: wsmbm ()
Date: April 14, 2013 00:07

Sixsixseveneight
wsmbm

Still waiting for my downgrade. I contacted my ticket agent and they haven't even been given authorisation to do anything. The manager has sent an email to AEG and still hasn't heard from them.

I'm starting to get very fcuking mad now.

Whole thing is a shambles...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 14, 2013 00:32

It's only rock n roll...and your cash...and their yachts...and rock n roll

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 14, 2013 03:38

gotdablouse
So it seems that the fiasco has come to a "close" of sorts...I guess the fact that they sold tickets with a proper description for the 13th and that most people who got T1s or T2s for the 6th are going on the 13th as well it does give a sense of closure.

Not for me--I can't fly from the US again to go on the 13th--even staying on longer would have been expensive, but in any case I had a nonrefundable ticket by the time they announced the second show. The goalposts change even as you watch. (Whole bunch of second shows in the US announced today.) Anyway, I'm sure there are many people who can't go to both.

Date: April 14, 2013 16:39

Yeah, that's bad, hope you can still make the best of uour trip.

For the downgrades and refunds didn't they something about 5 busines days? I sure hope they don't mess up with that too!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 14, 2013 16:47

I had an email from AEG live on Thursday 11th telling me they would refund the Backstage Unwind Bar element of my tickets, sent my order details to them and am waiting. 5 business days would be next Wednesday......I'm not convinced they will, but I may be pleasantly surprised. If I can get £200 back that pays for mine & Pam's travel and hotel with some left over for booze !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: April 14, 2013 17:17

Yeah, same here. Was told they would refund Backstage Unwind Bar. Am waiting for it to happen. Guessed it may take a few days though.

Date: April 14, 2013 21:11

Same for us too.....they confirmed by email that we will be refunded within five days.

Date: April 14, 2013 21:21

Manofwealthandtaste
Same for us too.....they confirmed by email that we will be refunded within five days.

The absolute limit for me is this coming Friday. I expect my downgrade and refunded difference by then, if not, I'm gonna go ape.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 14, 2013 21:32

Sixsixseveneight
if not, I'm gonna go ape.

And that means you will feel good ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2013 22:10

Rolling Hansie
Sixsixseveneight

Apeshit. Crazy. Mad. Angry.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 14, 2013 22:50

Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
Sixsixseveneight

Relax, it's just a ticket.

Date: April 15, 2013 00:07

Vocalion
Sixsixseveneight
Rolling Hansie
Sixsixseveneight

Relax, it's just a ticket.

...No, it's my money first. Then it's a ticket.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 08:57

Y'all should have stuck to the £95 tickets. It's not like you've never seen them before. eye rolling smiley

Date: April 15, 2013 09:27

riffhard72
Y'all should have stuck to the £95 tickets. It's not like you've never seen them before. eye rolling smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

You'll love this. It's right up your alley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-15 17:03 by Sixsixseveneight.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:10

Well for those who were following the remote possibility of getting a class action on this in the USA, I heard back from the firm I contacted. Here is their response:
Thank you for contacting our firm regarding your Rolling Stones concert ticket purchase. Unfortunately, we decline to represent you in this matter. Please note that although we do not wish to accept your representation, this is in no way an opinion of the merits of your claim.
Your communication with our office is confidential; however, no attorney-client relationship was formed through your communication with our office.
We hope you are successful in obtaining a satisfactory resolution to your issues.

I might contact another firm, but I'm busy on other things now, so most likely I'll drop this.

Regarding the tickets for July 6, does anyone know anything about when these will ship. After initially receiving responses from Front Gate, now I'm not getting any response. Don't assume I'm going - most likely I want the ticket for another purpose.

Date: April 16, 2013 01:11

Sixsixseveneight
I don't think you're wanted at the gig anyway.

That's not nice, after the work I put in to fight for the rights of those who bought Tiers 1/2 because of the original descriptions.

Date: April 16, 2013 03:40

Sixsixseveneight
IGTBA
Sixsixseveneight

That's not nice, after the work I put in to fight for the rights of those who bought Tiers 1/2 because of the original descriptions.

Yeah, but contacting law firms is beyond ridiculous...

Well lots of people think the effort we go through to try to get good tickets to see the Rolling Stones is ridiculous. I went through a lot, including getting up in the middle of the night to check and see if there were tickets for Hyde Park worth buying and making a special trip to the UK to see the Stones. There were, I bought them, and then AEG/RS took them away, after I bought them. If instead AEG had listed the current descriptions, I would have gone back to sleep.

Hey, I understand lots of people don't even like tiers - but they were offered. I went through standing in the poorly controlled crowd, rain, and mud at Slane in 2007. I had fun, but do not want to do that again. However to travel all the way to London, I also want to be in front. They flat out lied to me - not deceived - but lied! So after all the work I did, based on those lies, that is why I'm looking at options so AEG/RS knows to never do that again. It's ok if you think I'm going too far, but to me AEG/RS went way too far!

To those attending, I hope you have good weather, and a great time.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 16, 2013 16:12

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, and I'm not necessarily recommending legal action, but when the rules of the lottery for Led Zeppelin tickets were changed AFTER the first round of the lottery took place, a group of people I know took legal action and got the rules reinstated. (The rules were then changed for the second and subsequent rounds of the lottery, which was fair because they'd been announced ahead of those rounds.)

Edit--actually it was only semi-fair, as the changed rules hadn't been announced ahead of the lottery as a whole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-16 16:14 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: April 16, 2013 18:02

IGTBA
Sixsixseveneight
IGTBA
Sixsixseveneight

Yeah, but contacting law firms is beyond ridiculous...

Well lots of people think the effort we go through to try to get good tickets to see the Rolling Stones is ridiculous. I went through a lot, including getting up in the middle of the night to check and see if there were tickets for Hyde Park worth buying and making a special trip to the UK to see the Stones. There were, I bought them, and then AEG/RS took them away, after I bought them. If instead AEG had listed the current descriptions, I would have gone back to sleep.

Hey, I understand lots of people don't even like tiers - but they were offered. I went through standing in the poorly controlled crowd, rain, and mud at Slane in 2007. I had fun, but do not want to do that again. However to travel all the way to London, I also want to be in front. They flat out lied to me - not deceived - but lied! So after all the work I did, based on those lies, that is why I'm looking at options so AEG/RS knows to never do that again. It's ok if you think I'm going too far, but to me AEG/RS went way too far!

To those attending, I hope you have good weather, and a great time.

I don’t think you went too far. I also decided to buy a Tier 2 ticket because I wanted to be close to the stage and front of stage. This is how they described Tier 2 originally. Now they pushed Tier 1 / 2 aside which is unfair. AEG/RS went too far with this. The only reason why I decided to keep my ticket and to go to Hyde Park is that I don’t think there will be many chances to see the Stones live on stage. I think I will have a great time there even if I feel ripped off right now.

Date: April 17, 2013 08:42

It seems we aren't out of the woods yet as I just got a revised order from Frontgate downgrading me from T1/Bar to T2/Bar (Sold Out) instead of the agreed Bar refund, i.e T1/Garden !

So the amount is correct (no mention of a refund though) but not the content, besides its "Sold Out" ! Are they counting on some people just looking at the bottom line maybe or is that another error? Anyway I emailed AEG to get this fixed now rather than wasting more time when the wrong ticket arrives!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:51

Hmmm - sorry to hear that It's All Over Now NOT with AEG.

I've just received an e-mail this morning with a new ticket order for T1 without bar, which means I've got the right downgrade. There's no refund yet but maybe it's in the pipeline so I'll check again tomorrow to see if it's arrived.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 17, 2013 12:46

Anyone got a phone number you can call BST on ?

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 17, 2013 12:58

On the website [www.bst-hydepark.com]

Call Us:
08448 240 300

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637Next
Current Page: 35 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home