Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:52

nobodyimportant
I want what I paid for, which is a good view of the stage without having to stay in one spot and try to keep my place for hours.

Which will bring people with Tier 3 in a worse place. A bit egoistic, isn't it? You paid for something which doesn't exist. So take the refund.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:59

Good article (link again : [www.telegraph.co.uk]) , a bit factual maybe (I have the feeling the first post helped them get it right smiling bouncing smiley), and I still don't like the "VIP" denomination, T1 and T2 were not "VIP Packages", just better placement, but it does work with bv's "expensive tickets" definition and I guess I can agree with that. The "Unwind Backstage Bar" would qualify more as as "VIP Package" (a poor man's VIP package compared to the O3 packages) and that was another rip-off since everyone would have been happy with the facilities provided by "The Garden".

Anyway it does validate our position and that we've been wronged, good and proper...but it's another nail in the coffin of getting what we paid for I'm afraid, unless this article snowballs and AEG go in panic mode over the fraudulent sales terms that entitle them for enquiries from the "Trading Standards" under the Trade Descriptions Act, even with a refund. In any case Rob's phone is going to be heating up though most likely because these T1/T2/T1+Unwind/T2+Unwind are going to be pretty worthless now and the cat is out of the bag. Hopefully this will make it to the paper edition of the Telegraph?

Adding the link to the first post ;-)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 01:12 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:07

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:30 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2013 01:09

Who knows, let's see if The Telegraph's article gets picked up...now AEG's fraud is exposed and a simple refund does not get them off the hook, see : [www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 01:16 by gotdablouse.

Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #3
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:12

I have contacted several news agents and journalists - including Telegraph.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 13:20 by The Worst..

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:12

Karlos123
nobodyimportant
I want what I paid for, which is a good view of the stage without having to stay in one spot and try to keep my place for hours.

Which will bring people with Tier 3 in a worse place. A bit egoistic, isn't it? You paid for something which doesn't exist. So take the refund.

Someone has already come up with a good compromise, which is to give the first people in the queue free transfers into the front section.

I don't care for your tone. I am not at fault here.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:14

@gotdablouse I think there will be plenty of demand for the Tier 1 (and maybe Tier 2) tickets, even with the current descriptions; so the refund solution will have minimal impact on AEG. If that is all they legally need to do, then basically they get away with this fraud. Yes, there will be many, like me, who cancel, but others will buy those tickets. The only impact I see, is that now the others are less likely to buy the Backstage Bar, but that may sell out too.

With the high prices for USA concerts, they may actually lose some of the money I was plannning on spending for premium USA tickets, but what's a few thousand dollars to AEG - nothing?

I too want what I bought. It existed (as much as anything in the future exists) when I made my purchase; then they took it away after they took my money!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 01:24 by IGTBA.

Date: April 7, 2013 01:18

A fraud is a fraud, even if you offer a refund, it remains to be seen whether it's a full refund, including fees and postage, and entitles them to get investigated (see the end of [www.iorr.org] for Beast's research) probably something they don't care for...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 01:28 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:20

I am working 25 hours of overtime this week to help pay for my Stones trip. I live in New Zealand now. Asking for vacation time is something you do with my new company 6 weeks in advance. So all of this waiting to the last minute to announce forces decisions to be made in a hurry. Not that my friends and I didn't talk about all of the possibilities over and over We are not interested in wine, dinner or all that other stuff. We don't care who we rub shoulders with, but if you go through photos of the last two tours and last fall's shows, you will often see our faces right up front. We have spent fortunes, we have spent less and pushed thru stadiums in the worst heat wave Europe has seen in a long while, we have spent hours on line, on the phone, hanging out on streets, in clubs, whatever we have had to do. We know what we want as our Rolling Stones Experience. This time, it was easy, someone official offered us "directly in front of the stage>" All we had to do is cough up the money at the right time online, and it worked! OK QUICK GET THE TIME OFF, BUY THE AIRFARE TO GET YOU THERE, and on and on. For meIt meant sacrificing the US leg of the tour, but it was a sure thing. All done for one thing, to get up front , not for bad wine of flush toilets. The official site said for "tickets directly in front of the stage." Tow hours into it hopes were low when somebody scored for all of us!

And now people say "forget about it, " or worse, " you get what you deserve." Really, on what may be the last Stones tour ever, with my summer vacation (winter down here)plans now irrevocably set, I should just forget about it. Oh I can get A REFUND and just fly to London and see the sights. You know IF I paid for a first a class airline ticket and found out I was riding in the back of an Easy Jet and being offered a half of a can of warm coke, I would be really pissed and want to know who to complain to, even if the destination reached was the same.

25% of the tickets I bought for ABB were no shows ( and I won't even count the whole Euro Vacation I took to empty stadiums after the tree fall), and I accepted it. I will accept this because I have no choice. But , this is the worst taste I ever remember having in my mouth. And everyone wants to forgive the Stones and blame AEG, it is easiest that way. BUT the Stones CHOOSE these people to run things, after years with Cohl ( where things were at least organized well) , after success with the people who did last fall's shows, they choose at LAST MINUTE, to go with AEG, so they are responsible. And they don't appear to have any plans to smooth things over. Don't pretend they have no idea.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:22

I think they assume most Stones fans are semi- retired like they themselves are.

No big deal.
Lets plan a show next week or so...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:23

.....clusterf.....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-08 05:31 by His Majesty.

Date: April 7, 2013 01:54

I think the Stones do what they want to - especially as long as they have big media reports like......"sold out in 3 minutes....They don´t really care too much about a few "unsatisfied" fans, I´m afraid. And for some legal issues about misleading information they have their lawyers.

Didn´t the first layout plan come from their official twitter?? So I believe it´s their decision and it will not change.Trouble for the promoter and angry fans. They are simply too far away from the fan´s world. Most important is to please the masses.

And Yes - it was a lack of communication between RS and AEG which is really unprofessional! Or even worse if it was done intentionally.

Personally I think it´s a wrong decision and I am also quite frustrated. But who cares (besides this forum)??

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 02:15 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 7, 2013 09:51

The Bon Jovi forum started to care now.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 7, 2013 10:22

Can't wait for the the upcoming live album 'Fraud in the Park'.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 7, 2013 11:48

ThroughTheLonelyNights
I think the Stones do what they want to - especially as long as they have big media reports like......"sold out in 3 minutes....They don´t really care too much about a few "unsatisfied" fans, I´m afraid. And for some legal issues about misleading information they have their lawyers.

Didn´t the first layout plan come from their official twitter?? So I believe it´s their decision and it will not change.Trouble for the promoter and angry fans. They are simply too far away from the fan´s world. Most important is to please the masses.

And Yes - it was a lack of communication between RS and AEG which is really unprofessional! Or even worse if it was done intentionally.

Personally I think it´s a wrong decision and I am also quite frustrated. But who cares (besides this forum)??

It was. angry smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:11

Jagger could really start a riot at Hyde Park if he says something like "and thank you to all you people behind that fence, back there, for buying the expensive tickets. Maybe you could rattle your jewellery so I could hear you"
I'd imagine Paulwaul would be over the fence rushing twowards the stage right after

Date: April 7, 2013 12:18

grinning smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:21

Erik_Snow
Jagger could really start a riot at Hyde Park if he says something like "and thank you to all you people behind that fence, back there, for buying the expensive tickets. Maybe you could rattle your jewellery so I could hear you"
I'd imagine Paulwaul would be over the fence rushing twowards the stage right after

drinking smiley

Hi Erik, did you manage to get a ticket?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:21

Erik_Snow
I'd imagine Paulywaul would be over the fence rushing twowards the stage right after

I´d give him a leg to get over that fence!
And then I´d need someone else to help me over!

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:24

straycatuk
ThroughTheLonelyNights

It was. angry smiley

sc uk

Maybe the Stones, or whoever runs their Twitter feed, messed up by tweeting the layout in the first place? You would think they would wait until selling out the second concert the following week before letting the cat out of the bag. Maybe it was intentional, though, could be a disagreement with AEG? Seems pretty unlikely anyone in the Stones camp would do anything to harm ticket sales. More likely that Jagger wanted to screw the touts asking £12000(!) for a tier 1 ticket. I'm willing to bet that the tier 1 and 2 tickets for the 13th July still all get snapped up in pretty short order, but then I'm not sure what to believe any more. The 'sold out in 5 minutes' line is good PR...but we all know the tickets for still available hours later, for whatever reason.

Lee

Date: April 7, 2013 12:33

Erik_Snow

It's not like it would be the first time. I still remember the mock-apology at Wembley Stadium years ago after they postponed a series of concerts by a year or so after Gordon Brown changed some tax laws.
...and of course the jokes at the O2 last year:
'Back in the 60's, a pint of milk was like, thrupence and a concert ticket...let's not go there'
'It cost us $100,000 because we overran, that's like...10 seats'.
At least he's got the front to tough it out, I actually prefer that to mealy-mouthed epithets. I'm determined to see the Stones as cheaply as I can nowadays, and it's worked out for me so far at the O2 and HP.
I know people have been saying this for years...but I really do think they don't have that much longer to run. Keef may want to go on playing 'till I croak', but that might not be the same for Mick. Let's just make the most of it while the opportunity is there for us!

Lee

Date: April 7, 2013 12:41

lmatth8461
Let's just make the most of it while the opportunity is there for us!
Lee

Lee, I´d like to sign that, but right now I´m totally pissed, because
my band that I´ve been following since I was 14 (1982), I´ve seen 47 times
and I´ve spent thousands of Deutschmarks, $$$, Pounds and €€€ on,
is screwing me big time.

I´m still waiting for areply of AEG-Rob and BST.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:42

Erik_Snow
I'd imagine Paulwaul would be over the fence rushing towards the stage right after

Actually - paulywaul is quietly biding his time and composing a very carefully thought out piece of correspondence to AEG, which will either be copied to or forwarded onto pretty much every media outlet you can think of (papers, TV, radio) - simply for the purpose of exposing AEG in the full glare of the media spotlight. And rest assured, that piece of correspondence will in due course be pasted into this thread, so that folk can be aware of the on-going nature of the argument, regardless of what their own take on the situation is and what their sentiments are.

AEG have deliberately deceived ticket buyers, it's that simple. Think about it. You display in the most prominent fashion possible on the webpage where people make their ticket election, the following words. In case we forget, these were those words:

GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission

And in AEG's stock reply to anyone that bothered complaining, we now read these words:

However, the purchase of your Tier 1 tickets will provide you with the following:
• You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets
You will be guaranteed a position close to the stage, in an exclusive section for those holding Tier 1 tickets.
• From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)
• But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.
• [You will also be entitled to all the benefits of the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar package]

We think this Tier 1 package, as detailed above, represents great value and will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy a fabulous day and an amazing performance from the Rolling Stones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who might be inattentive on a Sunday morning, or otherwise visually impaired, you don't need to be a frigging genius to work out that they have changed the description of what a Tier 1 ticket actually is.

Directly in front of the stage means exactly that.

A guaranteed position close to the stage is NOT the same thing, borne out by the map that emerged as this row unfolded

Do AEG REALLY think that what mattered most to people when they made a deliberate choice to pay £399 - as opposed to £95 - was this:

• You will have an exclusive entry and exit point to the venue itself, not available to the general public holding Tier 3 tickets
• From this area, you will have exclusive access to sanitation/toilet facilities and a bar area (and so you will not have to leave this area and return to the main site if you do not wish to)
• But of course you are also free to explore the site and the other stages throughout the day whilst not losing your privileged viewing spot for the Stones.
• [You will also be entitled to all the benefits of the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar package]

or this:

GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission

What do they think people are ? F***ing idiots ? The Rolling Stones play their gigs on a STAGE, not in a toilet or in a bar or strolling around in an exclusive entry or exit point to Hyde Park.

And THAT is why they specifically chose to highlight the fact that Tier 1 tickets gave you access to the area directly in front of the stage.

If that's what it said at the point and time of sale, then that's what they've sold you a ticket for. End of discussion, surely ? They lied, and they did so deliberately. They employed specific wording to encourage purchases of £299 and £399 tickets, and no sooner than those tickets were ostensibly sold out, they then dropped the bombshell that in fact the layout was different and the stated "locations" relative to the stage were not as originally described.

With the best will in the world, you cannot put any other interpretation on the way they have acted other than "wilful deceit".

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 12:44 by paulywaul.

Date: April 7, 2013 12:46

Pauly, thanks for your efforts.

Date: April 7, 2013 12:50

Good to hear, Paul, you do mention the second fraud that came to light yesterday (inducing "Unwind Backstage Bar" purchase for £100 by not saying "The Garden" with same essential facilities exclusive to T1/T2, i.e. toilets, food, drinks, came with stock T1/T2), right ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 12:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:53

There were also people posting on BST Hyde Park's facebook page requesting a plan of the layout before any tickets went on sale. Those requests went unanswered. If they had nothing to hide, why wouldn't they respond?

Date: April 7, 2013 12:54

TooTough
lmatth8461
Let's just make the most of it while the opportunity is there for us!
Lee

Lee, I´d like to sign that, but right now I´m totally pissed, because
my band that I´ve been following since I was 14 (1982), I´ve seen 47 times
and I´ve spent thousands of Deutschmarks, $$$, Pounds and €€€ on,
is screwing me big time.

I´m still waiting for areply of AEG-Rob and BST.

I don't disagree, I think the price issue has loomed larger and larger over the years...funnily enough, 1982 was the first year I saw them, at Wembley, which cost around a tenner. For the US gigs they're asking 1500 bucks for the tongue pit! Compared with that, £100-odd quid to be up the front at HP (even if it does involve a long wait) is a relative bargain!

I'm on a mission to try and make 'their' system work for me, but yes, the situation recently leaves a bit of a bad taste. £100 to stand in a field, as against £60 to see The Who at the O2? I just pray it won't rain, that really will be taking the proverbial...

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:58

TooTough
Pauly, thanks for your efforts.

thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2013 13:00

Erik_Snow

If they pull the plug on them like they did on Springsteen last year, the riot will start of it's own accord. Ideally just after they launch into Start Me Up.

Lee

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home