Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:21

TooTough
Don´t know if this shows anything, but if the stage is the same (high!)
and the seating chart we have now is the same when the Stones
will play July 6, you can imagine what Tier 1 will be on that day.

Imagine the smal black line as a fence to GA3:

If it'll be like the Springsteen gig tier 2 will have better view than tier 1?
I really don't know what to do.
We paid an aweful lot of money and still today we don't even know what we bought.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:22

That's right. I guess they offered upgrade to first complainers but now they are receiving so many mails they stop offering upgrade option.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:26

MRambler
That's right. I guess they offered upgrade to first complainers but now they are receiving so many mails they stop offering upgrade option.

I was the first to email RH personnally but no offer to upgrade. yawning smiley

Date: April 6, 2013 13:28

Any idea how the tickets are devided between 3 Tiers?
There is 65 000 tickets, how many of them are in Tier 1 and Tier 2?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 13:31 by MRambler.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:34

I just saw a video from Mccartney Hard rock calling.
There is more than 65000 people and the seats (hospitality) seem to be far far away in an angle.
And yes, tier 2 would be better than tier 1!!!

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:43

[/quote]

BV wrote that before anyone had seen the true layout diagram, which, as far as I'm aware, has still NOT been made publicly available. [/quote]

it's publicly available

[bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com]

Posted by: Bantambernie ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:45

There is nothing I can add to the comments already posted - it's a rip off, scam call it what you will. It's not coincidence that the real seating plan only emerged after the show was sold out - it is a total disgrace.

I have emailed and will be downgrading my 2 x tier 2 tickets to £95 GA.

I would think There will be a very high percentage of people turning up on the night totally unaware they have been ripped off and I can imagine with people boozing the mood in tiers 1 and 2 turning pretty nasty pretty quickly when people see where their "front of stage" tickets actually are.

If AEG had any sense or morals they should send an email to every person explaining clearly their error and offering refund/downgrade etc before this gets out of hand.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:47

so this virtual tour from AEG gives you the idea of the layout (except for barriers).

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Of course it could be misleading....

however look where the hospitality stand is, and also the sound/video towers in front of the stage

seems like the Tier 1/2 will be way off to the side if the virtual tour towers are in the right place.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:54

Thanks for that, interesting indeed...

rubyT

BV wrote that before anyone had seen the true layout diagram, which, as far as I'm aware, has still NOT been made publicly available.

it's publicly available

[bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com]

It doesn't seem bv was really up to speed with the facts though since for some reason he seemed to think T1/T2 were VIP packages which they very clearly weren't when they were sold. That's what they've been rewritten to be though by AEG so I wonder if he'd been contacted by someone about that prior to posting, not that it really matters at this point.

For completeness the map is in fact linked from this page : [www.bst-hydepark.com] under "The Rolling Stones - 6 July - General Admission", click on + and scroll down to the bottom and you will find : "See Tier layout on our Site Map". Actually does anyone have a screen shot of that exact page before the change, I had made a screenshot of the purchasing page (fine for our purpose anyway since that's what we relied on) but not of this one, I suspect it was the same text as the purchasing page.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 14:06 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:55

rubyT

BV wrote that before anyone had seen the true layout diagram, which, as far as I'm aware, has still NOT been made publicly available. [/quote]

it's publicly available

[bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com][/quote]

OK, thanks - I stand corrected.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:58

The virtual tour video looks very consistent with the Macca and Springsteen videos as far as how far the "hospitality grandstand" is situated.

Getting very worrisome.

Can you say "downgrade?"

Date: April 6, 2013 14:01

gotdablouse
Thanks for that, interesting indeed...

rubyT

BV wrote that before anyone had seen the true layout diagram, which, as far as I'm aware, has still NOT been made publicly available.

it's publicly available

[bst-hydepark.s3.amazonaws.com][/quote]

Yes and for completeness it is in fact linked from this page : [www.bst-hydepark.com] under "The Rolling Stones - 6 July - General Admission", click on + and scroll down to the bottom and you will find : "See Tier layout on our Site Map". Actually does anyone have a screen shot of that exact page before the change, I had made a screenshot of the purchasing page (fine for our purpose anyway since that's what we relied on) but not of this one, I suspect it was the same text as the purchasing page.[/quote]

Hopefully the picture is visible for everyone. This is print screen from last night before they change the description. No link to map!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:01

Anybody already complained to Rob that he will be telling us lies again if it'll be like the Springsteen gig by telling us

"Access to an enclosed area with an excellent viewof the main stage" ?

I'd send him quite few mails, that I'm really getting tired of it all.

Date: April 6, 2013 14:04

Of course it'll be an "excellent view of the main stage"- from the side. You basically stand right below a huge screen and the PA's...angry smiley (in Tier 1 that is)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 14:08 by Topi.

Date: April 6, 2013 14:06

@ MRambler - thanks, saved and added to the first post.

I think there is a double rip-off actually :
- False description of Tier 1/2/3 locations, we've been over that
- Inducing people to get the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100 by NOT MENTIONING "The Garden" where the same services, reserved to T1 and T2 ticket holders as well, as those provided in the "Unwind Backstage Bar" are available according to the current map, at least the essential ones like toilets, a food court and drinks (for a charge naturally). Not mentioning "The Garden" could only lead potential buyers to believe that no such services came with the standard T1/T2 tickets and that they would have to walk miles to get them. To add insult to injury, the "Unwind Backstage Bar" is actually located FURTHER away than "The Garden" !

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 14:09 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:11

delacey99
Obviously there is disappointment at the loss of the expectation that folks were going to be in front of the stage, but if you are offered a full refund or a downgrade, legally you are being put into the same position you were in before you relied on the misleading information and bought a tier 1 or 2 ticket. so you have no legal case against the ticket agency or the promoter - legally there is no actual loss suffered in relation to the point when you bought your ticket, except in some cases for hotels and travel arrangements - so that's the only legally tenable argument that a fan could have that they are out of pocket as a result of reliance on the misrepresentation...

That and the stressful hours spent struggling with malfunctioning websites to GET tier 2-3 tickets under false pretences!
It's quite obvious too that not everyone is fit enough to be able to consider racing from the Tier 3 entrance to a FOS position,
so a downgrade or refund is not even remotely equivalent to what was promised initially.

Paul, Beast and others, thank you for being so articulate in your efforts to hold AEG to their promises.

Date: April 6, 2013 14:18

As far as the Tier 3/GA entrance goes:

Getting more than 65 000 people inside the venue is tricky, so I guess walking the "Tier 3 queue" inside in orderly fashion (see Springsteen, Bruce) is out of question. =( (Too bad, because that would be more fair and also save the trouble and avoid potential injuries)

It's going to be each man for himself and zero respect for the Tier 3 people that actually turned up before you, hell, even camped out before doors open?

No previous Hyde Park experience, but it sure doesn't sound good.

Date: April 6, 2013 14:25

gotdablouse

1. False description of Tier 1/2/3 locations, we've been over that
2. Inducing people to get the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100 by NOT MENTIONING "The Garden" where the same services, reserved to T1 and T2 ticket holders as well, as those provided in the "Unwind Backstage Bar" are available according to the current map, at least the essential ones like toilets, a food court and drinks (for a charge naturally). Not mentioning "The Garden" could only lead potential buyers to believe that no such services came with the standard T1/T2 tickets and that they would have to walk miles to get them. To add insult to injury, the "Unwind Backstage Bar" is actually located FURTHER away than "The Garden" !

I have now added this "The Garden" vs 'Unwind Backstage Bar" issue to the first post. Methinks that even if they fix #1, they would still have to offer a £100 refund to "Unwind Backstage Bar" buyers, thoughts?

Date: April 6, 2013 14:29

gotdablouse

- False description of Tier 1/2/3 locations, we've been over that
- Inducing people to get the "Unwind Backstage Bar" for an extra £100 by NOT MENTIONING "The Garden" where the same services, reserved to T1 and T2 ticket holders as well, as those provided in the "Unwind Backstage Bar" are available according to the current map, at least the essential ones like toilets, a food court and drinks (for a charge naturally). Not mentioning "The Garden" could only lead potential buyers to believe that no such services came with the standard T1/T2 tickets and that they would have to walk miles to get them. To add insult to injury, the "Unwind Backstage Bar" is actually located FURTHER away than "The Garden" !

Absolutely correct! Is this what Rob Hallett calls "looking after" ticket-holders in a way they never have been before? He's right about that - but not in the way he thinks.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:30

And this is why all gigs should just be GA. That way, you get to the front if you really try hard enough irespective of how rich you are.

Having VIP and different tiers seems as far away from rock n roll as you can get to me.

I really feel for all those who have been duped by these descriptions and hope you get an upgrade / downgrade / money back as offered.

But what I want more than ever is for a Stones gig in the UK like the old day without the stifled atmosphere of tiers and seats. Just a wicked party for everyone.

Having some special areas at the sides means that those who are older and can't do gigs like they used to can still get to a reasonable position, if they so wish and have the money. If you can't afford that and really are disabled, they have special facilities at no extra cost.

If it's just that you're complaining because you want the option of a ROCK AND ROLL gig to be "comfortable" then I think going to a Stones tribute band at caberet might be a better option for you.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:31

Wrote to AEG Rob and BST. Feeling better now.

The sad thing is that this could be my last Stones´ show ever,
and it is one with a bad feeling, before it even started.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:33

lmatth8461
straycatuk
I know exactly how they can get out of this -

Set up the Diamond and Golden circles exactly as we were expecting them - Like the regular Bon Jovi set up which incidentally has a small walkway between diamond and golden sections.

To satisfy the claim that the earliest GA attendees will have the oppotunity to be front of stage, give upgrades to Diamond to the 1st 100 - 200 through the gates. Fair ? Good - sorted !>grinning smiley<

To think, I used to think Michael Colh was the devil !

sc uk

Doesn't sound fair to me, SC...I went for the £95 option, but if I had tier 1 or 2, I would assume something like the BJ layout. I certainly hope to be one of the first through the gate, but I wouldn't expect access to an area I had not paid for.

I'm afraid the Stones have developed form in this respect, they want to extract as much as they can from any given tour, and if people are prepared to pay, then so be it. I just happen to think that a top price of four hundred quid for the O2 compared with £150 five years earlier is OTT, as is two or three hundred quid to stand in a field. I was happy enough with my hugely discounted ticket last November, courtesy of Seatwave, and if the current plan of the Hyde Park layout proves to be correct, I'll be happy with that too, it's just a question of learning how to play the game.

Fingers crossed weather wise; two or three open air gigs lined up for the UK this summer...let's just hope the rain stays away.

Lee

I got T1 tickets in the pre-sale when there was no mention of T3 getting to the front of stage, but because of the ridiculous tweets at the time of the general sale, they have committed to this option. I was suggesting a way out. If someone had queued up for hours to be let in the Diamond FRONT OF STAGE area, I wouldn't resent standing next to them.

sc uk

Date: April 6, 2013 14:34

<<If it's just that you're complaining because you want the option of a ROCK AND ROLL gig to be "comfortable" then I think going to a Stones tribute band at caberet might be a better option for you.>>

When will people get the point that the complaint is about MISLEADING would-be purchasers. PERIOD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 14:36 by Beast.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:39

sjs12
If you can't afford that and really are disabled, they have special facilities at no extra cost.

... They told me the entrance for disabled attendees is at the NW end of the park.
That's as far from the stage as possible. Makes good sense, doesn't it, for people who have mobility problems.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:41

sjs12
And this is why all gigs should just be GA. That way, you get to the front if you really try hard enough irespective of how rich you are.

Having VIP and different tiers seems as far away from rock n roll as you can get to me.

I really feel for all those who have been duped by these descriptions and hope you get an upgrade / downgrade / money back as offered.

But what I want more than ever is for a Stones gig in the UK like the old day without the stifled atmosphere of tiers and seats. Just a wicked party for everyone.

Having some special areas at the sides means that those who are older and can't do gigs like they used to can still get to a reasonable position, if they so wish and have the money. If you can't afford that and really are disabled, they have special facilities at no extra cost.

If it's just that you're complaining because you want the option of a ROCK AND ROLL gig to be "comfortable" then I think going to a Stones tribute band at caberet might be a better option for you.

You don't get it do you?
How would you react if you bought a sofa online but got delivered a kitchen table?

Date: April 6, 2013 14:46

Bon Jovi description at BST still remains the same (misleading).

Date: April 6, 2013 14:48

The Worst.
sjs12

You don't get it do you?
How would you react if you bought a sofa online but got delivered a kitchen table?

It´s even more: They take the money, and 4 hours later they say: This sofa has
four legs and a big wooden plate. Have a seat!

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:51

We are all screwed.

Whatever they do, some parts of the original description will always be fradulent. Cant get both the proximity and ability to come and go.

The best view the gold section will have is equivalent to the view from the sound engineers spot, ~ b-stage level on the side in a stadium...

Diamond my be stuck on the aisle under a screen and maybe Mick will come and see them once during the show.

Again, Rob Hallet, dude:

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:56

I await replies from front gate and don't want to go the refund route if it gets offered, I just want what I thought I was buying when I purchased the Tier 2 tickets.

Regarding various queries relating to trade descriptions and legal cover - if you purchased with a credit card check this link out:

[www.moneysavingexpert.com]

There is at the bottom of the article apparently potential for compensation claims on other associated costs - just hope no one has to go to this extent and/or ends up out of pocket.

Date: April 6, 2013 15:00

nbutton
I await replies from front gate and don't want to go the refund route if it gets offered, I just want what I thought I was buying when I purchased the Tier 2 tickets.

I wrote them the same.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home