Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 37
Re: Confusion over Hyde Park "Seating Chart" - UPDATE #2
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:59

Even thou i decided to obtain a £95 ticket in the end, i will email this head guy and exlain how wrong all this is.

Paul like you if i have been wronged i would not let it rest,as Europcar < car hire firm > found out after a couple of years of arguements.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:02

I emailed several press agents yesterday. Provided a link to this debate so they canreade the fury of the fans. Don't know if it will help though.

Posted by: delacey99 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:05

My $0.02:

"I think that what most people want is for the setup on the day to actually be exactly how it was described when they made their decision to buy either Tier 1 or Tier 2 tickets."

Obviously there is disappointment at the loss of the expectation that folks were going to be in front of the stage, but if you are offered a full refund or a downgrade, legally you are being put into the same position you were in before you relied on the misleading information and bought a tier 1 or 2 ticket. so you have no legal case against the ticket agency or the promoter - legally there is no actual loss suffered in relation to the point when you bought your ticket, except in some cases for hotels and travel arrangements - so that's the only legally tenable argument that a fan could have that they are out of pocket as a result of reliance on the misrepresentation...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:09 by delacey99.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:10

paulywaul
odean73
paulywaul
CaledonianGonzo
Has anyone heard anything back from AEG - or anyone else - since yesterday teatime?

Concerned that it's now the weekend and we might not make any headway over the weekend while Rob Hallett's swanning around on a yacht with Simon Le Bon or something.

No, not as yet.

Basically, I think that what most people want is for the setup on the day to actually be exactly how it was described when they made their decision to buy either Tier 1 or Tier 2 tickets. If they'd have had the REAL TRUE description of what the setup was going to be, then they'd quite possibly have elected to go for GA Tier 3, I suspect I would probably have done so myself.

So the on-going battle with AEG is this; not to be fobbed off with a brisk apology for the confusion and the offer of a refund or a downgrade, but getting AEG to honour what they sold. It would be SO easy to accomplish. Half an hour's work with barriers at the front of the stage, and job done. A dedicated pit area for Tier 1, behind that a dedicated pit area for Tier 2, and in turn behind that the GA Tier 3 area. What on earth would be so difficult in organising that ?

I intend to further correspond with Rob Hallett and point things like this out to him, and depending on his response, I might have to further point out that his apparent reluctance to address the issue and look for a fix (especially as there actually IS an easy one available) is completely unacceptable, and he might well therefore in due course enjoy discussing his position with entertainment lawyers, trade descriptions officials, and/or the UK media.

If people just lapse into complacency and don't follow this through to hopefully a final conclusion in OUR favour, we all know what will happen. AEG will basically have gotten away with what amounts to fraud & deceit.

I speak for myself, but I'm kind of fussy about precisely who I accept contemptuous treatment from ........... and AEG is not on my list. So, if any of you on IORR have strong feelings about this issue, as I do, then please ....... continue to fire of complaining emails to Rob Hallett, continue to reject his inadequate responses and shameful attempts at fobbing you off with a refund or an upgrade/downgrade. Don't lose sight of what has happened here.

If you have a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ticket, you presumably bought it on the express understanding that it would position you closer to the stage than a Tier 3 ticket ? And the reason you thought that was because of what you read on the BST webpage at the time of purchase.

Well you were wrong, it turns out that those tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets don't position you closer. And the issue is not that ultimately that the more expensive tickets actually locate you further away from the stage, it is that THIS WAS NOT HOW IT WAS DESCRIBED TO YOU AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

You don't even NEED to be in the legal profession to understand who is in the right and who is in the wrong here, it's an open and shut case in that respect.

Agree 100%.

Focus totally on whats happaned here.

If i had brought one of these tickets i would like paul not let it rest, i am a bit surprised that the press have not caught on to this yet.

Sister Marie, i will be like you and take my time getting in and not stand around for hours, so if you recieve any information on good spots please let me know.

They will soon enough .... if I don't start getting sensible responses from AEG's Rob Hallett pretty damn soon.

I mean really, think about what has happened here. It's akin to a goal having been scored, and then no sooner that happens - the goalposts are declared as not having been in the right place and the goal invalidated. Christ almighty, they're taking the p*** !!

I learnt a long time ago that if you've been wronged and you remain silent, you're guaranteed one thing: NOTHING WILL CHANGE. So if by contrast you make noise, well still nothing might chance, but at least you've slightly improved your chances of bringing about change of some sort.

Paulywaul,

I think you speak very sensible about this.

I see that it's mostly the usual blabber on this forum (lots of whining & big talk; NO action...) and I'm not planning on taking the forefront here - that's never been my best position anyway.

But if you're taking this further, I'm gonna be with you 100%. (and I'm sure I won't be the only one.)
Be sure, in that case, to <drop me a line>; for I don't know how long I'll manage to wade through this ever-growing thread without missing important contributions like that.

BTW: what's bv's take on this??! He IS a key-figure in the Stones community (the 'fan-part' of it)...

Cheerz -

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:11

One point to be made about the AEG layouts is that they are not in geographical scale, most likely. (Or hopefully...)

Date: April 6, 2013 12:13

Bv already took a stand in this thread or the HP thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:13 by Topi.

Date: April 6, 2013 12:19

A video from Sir Paul's 2010 Hyde Park Calling gig:

Looks pretty official with different camera angles.

[www.youtube.com]

Fast forward to 31:53. One has to wonder whether the "hospitality grandstand" means the stands on the left (viewed from the stage) ...

And I'm not even getting to where Tiers 1 and 2 would be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:20 by Topi.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:21

Topi
Bv already took a stand in this thread or the HP thread.

...see!? I'm missing out on the important messages already.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:24

Maybe one should contact the author (Alasdair Glennie) of this article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Can´t find his email. This article is the other way round before they
switched the seating chart.

Date: April 6, 2013 12:29

RoughJusticeOnYa

a quote from BV:

bv
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:40

It is not unusual that VIP areas are located in a bad way. I remember in France years ago the Paris ticket was FF 350 and there was a VIP seated eara in the BACK - behind the general admission - at double price FF 700. In Norway at Valle Hovin it is all a flat concrete field for 40,000 people and a small seated VIP area on the right side far way from the stage. In Prague I remember there was a large VIP area at the side. But surely if these VIP areas are sold as FRONT OF STAGE it is a lie.

I am sure AEG Live is a company that is build to make money, so they would probably use all the methods they might have access to in order to sell the tickets. I noticed some place that anyone with a 95 pounds ticket could run to the froint of the stage, probably as decided by the band, so on one side the Stones want cheap tickets up front in Hyde Park, and at the same time AEG LIve want to make money of course.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:30 by Topi.

Date: April 6, 2013 12:29

Mark Brown is covering the Hyde Park concert for The Guardian.
[www.guardian.co.uk]

mark.brown@guardian.co.uk

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:30

They've ripped you off again. Took the piss again.. What a surprise..
Bend over and get screwed all over again!

Date: April 6, 2013 12:35

Elisa Roche and Sarah Westcott reports for the Daily Express
[www.express.co.uk]
[www.express.co.uk]

elisa.roche@express.co.uk
sarah.westcott@express.co.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:40 by The Worst..

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:44

Harm
How can you downgrade if the 95£ tickets are sold out?

I've asked him this question - among others - in my reply to his stock e-mail. I'll be surprised if I get a response before Monday.

Posted by: bobdylan1258 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:48

Paulywaul

Just mailed you privately, but just wanted to make a public display of thanks and appreciation for your eforts. Keep up the good work

Steven from Badlands

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:48

just sent to bst, guardian and rob (= rob bery ?)

dear sirs,

I bought 4 x GA Tier 1 access - Unwind backstage bar each for 399 +159,60
(service charges) + 30 (delivery) = 1.785,60 £ for the Rolling Stones
show on the 6th of july.
Order #....

processed 04/04/13 03:01:55 CDT

At the time of the purchase, the description was :
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area

we are a family from austria, who are coming with our kids to london ,just to see the rolling stones at hyde park !

we decided to buy those tickets, because it said, that we are directly in front of the stage !!!!

btw. we are not so rich, that we can afford such very expensive tickets every day, but that`s another story...

and now the very, very, very sad thing:

today we got news, that the venue map is totally diffent to that one we`ve seen and which one was the reason to buy this kind of tickets.

of course , maybe you`re still in front of the stage, but not directly in front of the stage, as you said, but now on the side of the stage!!

so please tell me how do you call this ? deception, fraud or just a bad service ?

what to do now?

at least we wanna hear an excuse for such a mess !!!!

we`ve been waiting so long, we`ve been so excited for this gig, but now dark clouds are allover

maybe you can support us for the 2nd gig on july 13th.

regards

family koeberl form austria

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:49

Don't fret, mon! I wrote to Mick, suggesting they perform their cover of "Get Up, Stand Up" for all them oppressed peoples in they diamond circle who haffa stand up for they rights!

Posted by: bobdylan1258 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:51

McCartney in Hyde Park in 2010 was a totally different set up. No pit, No Tier 1, No tier 2 , no Circles.The Hospitality stand was for VIP packages only and miles from the sgae (and small)

Date: April 6, 2013 12:51

TooTough
Maybe one should contact the author (Alasdair Glennie) of this article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Can´t find his email. This article is the other way round before they
switched the seating chart.

And here's another:

[tinyurl.com]

m.battersby@independent.co.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 13:07 by Beast.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:53

Beast
Harm

I've asked him this question - among others - in my reply to his stock e-mail. I'll be surprised if I get a response before Monday.

It's just a matter of capacity. You count as a body whatever section you're in, and they can make the sections as large or as small as required.

I got the standard reply from Rob (aptly named, isn't he angry smiley ) but he sent me the Tier 1 reply instead of the Tier 2 which is the ticket I have. So clearly he didn't read a word of the message I sent him.

I want what I was sold, obviously, but if I could keep the existing Tier 2 at £95 I could live with that. Won't happen though. He hasn't heard the last from me yet, though.

What a cheek to give us three days to reply when it's over the weekend. No time to contact Trading Standards etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:54 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:53

Don´t know if this shows anything, but if the stage is the same (high!)
and the seating chart we have now is the same when the Stones
will play July 6, you can imagine what Tier 1 will be on that day.

Imagine the smal black line as a fence to GA3:

Date: April 6, 2013 12:55

Some may ask why we keep ‘complaining’ after a few have received the possibility to downgrade/upgrade/refund.

I have the awful impression that AEG wants to silence the few loud complainers from IORR. I suspect the majority who bought tickets in Tier 1/Tier 2 have no idea of the ongoing drama. They will meet up at Hyde Park thinking they will find themselves right in front of the stage as stated in the original sales description. Most customers are not Stones nerds who bother to read forums like this and keep track of every event detail. If every Tier 1/Tier 2 customers were to be informed of the dramatic event changes, AEG would face a shitstorm of complaints. And there’s no way they can offer every Tier 1/Tier 2 customers the possibility to downgrade/upgrade/refund without reshaping the entire layout. They are looking for an easy way out of this mess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 12:56 by The Worst..

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:56

gotdablouse
"This will be the same as any other gig",

Should ask him if this means like the Bon Jovi concert, which would then have 2 official maps !smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:57

TooTough
Don´t know if this shows anything, but if the stage is the same (high!)
and the seating chart we have now is the same when the Stones
will play July 6, you can imagine what Tier 1 will be on that day.

Imagine the smal black line as a fence to GA3:

Good grief, you'd struggle even to see the video screen from that angle. And Tier 2 would be even worse.

Date: April 6, 2013 12:59

Topi
RoughJusticeOnYa

a quote from BV:

bv
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:40

It is not unusual that VIP areas are located in a bad way. I remember in France years ago the Paris ticket was FF 350 and there was a VIP seated eara in the BACK - behind the general admission - at double price FF 700. In Norway at Valle Hovin it is all a flat concrete field for 40,000 people and a small seated VIP area on the right side far way from the stage. In Prague I remember there was a large VIP area at the side. But surely if these VIP areas are sold as FRONT OF STAGE it is a lie.

I am sure AEG Live is a company that is build to make money, so they would probably use all the methods they might have access to in order to sell the tickets. I noticed some place that anyone with a 95 pounds ticket could run to the froint of the stage, probably as decided by the band, so on one side the Stones want cheap tickets up front in Hyde Park, and at the same time AEG LIve want to make money of course.

Bjornulf

BV wrote that before anyone had seen the true layout diagram, which, as far as I'm aware, has still NOT been made publicly available. The layout shown on Ticketmaster at the time of sale has been removed, but all the secondary ticket sites are still showing the diamond and gold circles in front of the stage. People who are buying tiers 1 and 2 from brokers/touts at inflated prices are not going to be happy bunnies when they find out the hard way. And if the real layout does come to be shown on those secondary sites, punters are not going to pay the asking prices, so the brokers/touts are not going to be happy either (not that I care a toss about them).

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:02

Hey guys...just want to throw in my 2 cents...

I don't really get what your problem is and why starting to involve the press? You are offered the possibility to get a refund or downgrade to Tier 3. So you are more or less in the same situation as if you knew the setup before buying your tickets.

Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely understand your anger, but isn't that downgrade option a good solution?

I don't really get why you have to change the Tier setup...wouldn't that be unfair for people like me, who bought Tier 3 tickets knowing that you can go to FOS with there tickets as well?

I am very pleased with the setup, will be early at the entrance and run for my life. So why aren't you all downgrading and doing the same? That would kick AEGs ass, since they would lose a lot of money, if nobody keeps Tier 1 and 2.

Date: April 6, 2013 13:03

Karlos123
Hey guys...just want to throw in my 2 cents...

I don't really get what your problem is and why starting to involve the press? You are offered the possibility to get a refund or downgrade to Tier 3. So you are more or less in the same situation as if you knew the setup before buying your tickets.

Don't get me wrong, I can absolutely understand your anger, but isn't that downgrade option a good solution?

I don't really get why you have to change the Tier setup...wouldn't that be unfair for people like me, who bought Tier 3 tickets knowing that you can go to FOS with there tickets as well?

I am very pleased with the setup, will be early at the entrance and run for my life. So why aren't you all downgrading and doing the same? That would kick AEGs ass, since they would lose a lot of money, if nobody keeps Tier 1 and 2.

I quote myself:

The Worst.
Some may ask why we keep ‘complaining’ after a few have received the possibility to downgrade/upgrade/refund.

I have the awful impression that AEG wants to silence the few loud complainers from IORR. I suspect the majority who bought tickets in Tier 1/Tier 2 have no idea of the ongoing drama. They will meet up at Hyde Park thinking they will find themselves right in front of the stage as stated in the original sales description. Most customers are not Stones nerds who bother to read forums like this and keep track of every event detail. If every Tier 1/Tier 2 customers were to be informed of the dramatic event changes, AEG would face a shitstorm of complaints. And there’s no way they can offer every Tier 1/Tier 2 customers the possibility to downgrade/upgrade/refund without reshaping the entire layout. They are looking for an easy way out of this mess.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:07

Yeah, was too slow writing, so I couldn't read that before - a good point.

Maybe the only way to clean up that mess would be to make it all one big GA Tier 3, no 1 and 2. And everybody will be refunded automatically. But that surely would come with financial loss for AEG...so seems unlikely.

Date: April 6, 2013 13:13

nobodyimportant
Beast
Harm

It's just a matter of capacity. You count as a body whatever section you're in, and they can make the sections as large or as small as required.

I got the standard reply from Rob (aptly named, isn't he angry smiley ) but he sent me the Tier 1 reply instead of the Tier 2 which is the ticket I have. So clearly he didn't read a word of the message I sent him.

I want what I was sold, obviously, but if I could keep the existing Tier 2 at £95 I could live with that. Won't happen though. He hasn't heard the last from me yet, though.

What a cheek to give us three days to reply when it's over the weekend. No time to contact Trading Standards etc.

You might be right but it is for Rob Hallett and AEG Live to spell it out - along with the answers to all the other questions I and other have asked and got no satisfactory reply to in the first instance because all we got was an identical round-robin type e-mail from "Rob" - probably concocted and sent on his behalf by a minion - and/or AEG Live. And they cannot impose an arbitrary time limit for accepting or rejecting an offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 13:21 by Beast.

Date: April 6, 2013 13:16

The Worst.

Exactly right. It suits them well to give refunds and sweep their incredible ineptitude under the carpet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home