Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Glastonbury UK June 29 Rolling Stones show planning
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2013 21:21

I've made it herrrrrre! Where shall I go to first? #StonesGlasto @GlastoFest

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 27, 2013 22:29

sjs12
People at festivals are music fans, not corporate tourists you get at most stones gigs.

Music fans but not necessarily Stones fans. And many people go to festivals just for the experience (which is fine, have fun!), though of course most of them are music fans too. This is especially true at Glastonbury where most people don't even know who's playing when they get their tickets. However, I have to say that the people I know who'll be at this year's event are totally pumped about the Stones.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 27, 2013 22:39

If you don't know the Stones then you are not from this planet. Everybody do know how "Jagger moves" these days. Even my grandchildren, and I did not tell them (but their parents did!).

The Rolling Stones are like a sunset at Key West. People flock to see it. They love it, they have expectations. But some times a sunset might be cloudy. Not so with the Stones. The Rolling Stones are like an injection, a kick start of your rock'n'roll genes. The rock'n'roll genes are in our body, any body, just waiting for Keith Richards to wake them up. And when his riff hits you, you are hooked.

On Saturday around 9pm the Glastonbury fans will get a kick-start, and I am 100% sure they will love it.

Bjornulf

Date: June 27, 2013 22:44

Glastonbury 2013: The Rolling Stones's road to Glastonbury

Glastonbury and The Rolling Stones share a parallel history but there have been many obstacles to overcome to bring the musical giants together. Neil McCormick charts the journey.

Getty Images

McCormick's article includes comments from lighting director Patrick Woodroffe:

“Glastonbury is a challenge because you are compromised in terms of what you can bring in,” says the band’s long term lighting designer Patrick Woodroffe, himself a Glastonbury veteran. “Bands now want to bring in their own backline (instruments and amps), monitor sound system, video screen arrangement, floor lighting and props. Bands tend to travel with a lot of people nowadays.”

“Glastonbury has its own idiosyncratic vibe, and we have to look at it and think ‘what can we do to make it ours?’”

“There is no one better than the Stones on a tiny little stage at one of those nightclub warm up gigs. And when they are in a huge field with a 100,000 people, they will rise to the occasion.”

“Mick wants to come down and be with his family and get the vibe,” confirms Woodroffe. “It’s an extraordinary place, and whether you are a hamburger salesman or a Rolling Stone, it’s pretty exciting to be part of it.” The rest of the band will probably stay in hotels in Bath and be driven on site during the day. “The traffic system is pretty good in Glastonbury, even for the punters,” says Woodroffe. “I’ve had some terrifying festivals where they were landing helicopters in the back stage area next to the marquees. But people are much more safety conscious now. “

Woodroffe hints that the Stones plans for Glastonbury are fairly straightforward, and don’t involve any complex staging or sensationalist gimmicks. “In the end, you need a great set list, maybe have a couple of interesting guests, and tune into the vibration of the festival. The audience are on your side and all you have to do is do what you do best. So we put a stop to some of the more elaborate things we were thinking about and said let’s just hunker down and play. And I have a feeling that’s what’s going to happen.”

Read more: [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 27, 2013 22:59

crawdaddy
Mattty7619
The Saturday bbc coverage starts at 1030 so obviously not live. Will it be steamed live on the Internet?

BBC 3 coverage starts at 7p.m. Maybe live on there. We'll know nearer the day I guess. smoking smiley

They say that it will be a live broadcast, from all the six stages: [twitter.com]

Unfortunately, it seems it will be for UK residentes only: [twitter.com]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:06

Thanks BV

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:23

Enjoy BV - I encourage all of those going to make the effort to go and show support/raise a glass to our old Bill Wyman! smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:26

It's all building up to a great long weekend of music.
The Rolling Stones are gonna put on a show to remember. I just feel sure of it.
So many other great acts, and I'm gonna be glued to my TV watching it all weekend. thumbs upwinking smileythumbs up

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:45

Live Webcam: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: June 28, 2013 01:33

From Thursday's "Jagger Off" flashmob:

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 28, 2013 02:08

bv
If you don't know the Stones then you are not from this planet.

No, I meant that they don't know in advance who will be on the the bill, not that they aren't familiar with the bands.

I know you all will have an amazing time! cool smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 28, 2013 10:15

[www.bbc.co.uk]

What's the weather like down there ? Has it already turned into the usual MUDFEST ????

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 28, 2013 11:13

Been watching BBC breakfast this morning and BBC West news and plenty of Glastonbury coverage. Looks damp at the moment but gonna get better especially tomorrow.
The Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor on the Pyramid Stage, playing Midnight Rambler will be a highlight I'm sure.
Just hope it will be in the one hours coverage. Have to wait and see I guess. smoking smiley

Posted by: FatSteve ()
Date: June 28, 2013 11:57

Baby came out 2 1/2 weeks early yesterday and all healthy so my lovely wife is letting me go for the day tomorrow! So glad I took the risk on the ticket.

Watch the lions beat the Aussies with the little fella then go to Glasto to watch the Stones, what a day.

Steve

Re: Glastonbury UK June 29 show planning
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: June 28, 2013 13:19

Alas no. but I am consoling myself that I have two shows in Hyde Park in the upcoming weeks.

So lets get our rocks off baby \m/

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:05

FatSteve
Baby came out 2 1/2 weeks early yesterday and all healthy so my lovely wife is letting me go for the day tomorrow! So glad I took the risk on the ticket.

Watch the lions beat the Aussies with the little fella then go to Glasto to watch the Stones, what a day.

Steve

Perfect baby, perfect wife, perfect timing!

Bjornulf

Date: June 28, 2013 14:18

FatSteve

Steve
Congratulations Steve.
Great start for a great weekend. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2013 14:51

bv
FatSteve
Baby came out 2 1/2 weeks early yesterday and all healthy

Perfect baby, perfect wife, perfect timing!

Indeed. Congratulations

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 28, 2013 16:18

Congrats, Steve thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2013 16:29

FatSteve

Steve

How wonderful for you and your family, a story to tell the baby someday. My almost 15 year old son was born on July 3. His father took our older two down to the Washington Mall to hear the concert and see the fireworks. Now we go down to the mall almost every year on his birthday to see the Capitol Fourth rehearsal. So, my advice to you is make Glastonbury a family tradition!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:09

Sure hope you guys and dolls will have some fine weather to enjoy a great show

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:24

this is pretty funny , from the guardian
glasto goers sing the stones

Posted by: nerd1 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 18:53

Congrats, Steve!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 19:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 17:37 by camper88.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 28, 2013 21:15

Date: June 28, 2013 21:20

Hope it doesn't rain during their set!!!!!

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

its looking ominous

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 21:22 by tumbled.

Date: June 28, 2013 21:39

tumbled
Hope it doesn't rain during their set!!!!!

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

its looking ominous
Dunno where you got that from.
It's looking great for Saturday, and The Rolling Stones are gonna make it even better. winking smiley

Date: June 28, 2013 21:46

Can you spot the stones?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Date: June 28, 2013 21:59

Okay good no weather then!! smiling smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 22:33 by BowieStone.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home