Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Glastonbury UK June 29 Rolling Stones show planning
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:38

Hopefully there will be a bootleg of the showing that's not real bassed up like the ppv!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:38

Checking out the Stone Circle (know all about those), & the healing fields (not enough bananas for me) #StonesGlasto

[twitter.com]

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 28, 2013 22:46

I guess they are going in by helicopter

Pic:
[instagram.com]

#glasto @rollingstones @mickjagger On route

Date: June 28, 2013 22:48

Hello #glasto excited to be here @MickJagger @rollingstones

Pic:
[instagram.com]

Date: June 28, 2013 22:50

Roof Pic:
[instagram.com]

#yurtalert @rollingstones #glasto the roof

Date: June 28, 2013 22:51

Me and my yurt! #StonesGlasto #yurtalert #glastonbury

[twitter.com]

Date: June 28, 2013 22:52

They might be eating pringles:

[instagram.com]

#glasto essentials #pringles need some food

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 28, 2013 23:25

bye bye johnny

Me and my yurt! #StonesGlasto #yurtalert #glastonbury

[twitter.com]
Good on yer Mick, and hope it don't rain tonight, and the bed bugs don't bite. winking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 29, 2013 00:24

Ok, BBC - "This doesn't seem to be working"

=> [www.bbc.co.uk]

Anybody has that running or is this british only?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:10

from italy: it doesn't work

Date: June 29, 2013 01:29

Keith Richards: Rolling Stones not too old for Glastonbury

By Sinead Garvan
Newsbeat music reporter

The Rolling Stones will make their Glastonbury debut this weekend, headlining the Pyramid stage on Saturday night.

They have an average age of 69 with some saying they are too old to play.

"I'd say, 'What do you know about it? You've never tried it'," laughs the band's guitarist Keith Richards.

"It's good for your health to play rock'n'roll in a clean living band like The Rolling Stones. You should try it. It's better than church."

The Rolling Stones have been together for more than 50 years and have never played the UK's biggest and most famous festival.

"It just never occurred. Many times it has been on the list of tours and stuff and for one reason or another it never coincided," explains Keith Richards in an exclusive interview with Newsbeat ahead of Glastonbury.

"[It's] like a black hole in space or something but in we go this time.

"I'm looking forward to it because it is an iconic gig and it's an iconic band and finally the two meet at last.

"In a way it's kind of weird that at last we've made it to Glastonbury. It's like building Stonehenge right?"

'Great cats'

It's hard to imagine a band like The Rolling Stones feeling nervous about any gig, having performed all over the world.

But Keith Richards says there are things they worry about.

"I think the only pressure we feel is that it is the first time we've done an outdoor show for yonks and English weather," he says.

"Throwing in those two equations, yeah there is maybe a little apprehension."

He is also aware that the other two headliners, Arctic Monkeys and Mumford & Sons, are Glastonbury veterans in comparison.

"They are all great cats and I think most of them have played there before," he says.

"They probably have more experience than we do of playing Glastonbury because it is a unique way of working."

'Unique bunch'

The Rolling Stones are often asked what the key to their success is and how have they lasted so long, when so many other bands have failed.

Richards says he doesn't know. "Determination to outlive them all," he laughs.

"It's just a unique bunch of guys. Charlie Watts, that man can play drums. It's so subtle, it's the roll I think.

"Don't concentrate on the rock, because anybody can rock, but the roll - that's another thing."

Many of the bands that will be playing Glastonbury Festival this weekend surely want to know the secret to their staying power.

Richards says there is no secret, you just have to be determined.

"Stick to it and make sure the drummer's got it. That's all I can tell you," he advises.

"There are no ingredients here but you've got to have a good drummer and you've got to really want to do it. You've got to want it to death."

Listen to the interview @ [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:51

Who are these people who say they're too old to play? Let me at 'em!! angry smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:20

BILL WYMAN ON THE ACOUSTIC GLASTONBURY STAGE FRIDAY JUNE 28:

Bill was relaxed in front of his drummer for most of the show. They went on stage 6:30pm sharp, as scheduled, and performed for an hour. They did Harlem Shuffle and other standards we are used to hear from Bill & his Rhythm Kings.

All photos by Bjornulf Vik, IORR

Bjornulf

Date: June 29, 2013 02:30

Fantastic pics!

I only heard the Rhythm Kings once, when they were sort of the house band for the warm-up acts at the Zeppelin reunion show, but I was surprised by what a good band they were, and what a good bandleader Bill is.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:31

Great pics BV Love the kids T-Shirts.

Hope the sun shines on you tomorrow cool smiley

Date: June 29, 2013 02:36

jeezes,
so happy to not have to watch old 4000-groupies-left-unlucky-behind-him-bill on stage. this guy belongs wherever but not on a stage. my opinion.
depressing pics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 02:40 by TimeWaitsforNooooOne.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 29, 2013 02:52

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
jeezes,
so happy to not have to watch old 4000-groupies-left-unlucky-behind-him-bill on stage. this guy belongs wherever but not on a stage. my opinion.
depressing pics

His band is good, what he looks like don't matter.

Date: June 29, 2013 02:55

This is the Pyramid Stage, where the Rolling Stones will be performing:

They have been worried about the capacity, but I would not be too worried about that. The total Glasto site takes around 200,000 people. The space is mostly taken up by tents and parked cars. When I spent time at the Pyramid Stage today there were around 50,000 people there. Plenty of space in the back and up the hill. They have a gap of some 20-30 feet from the stage to the crowd, so noboby will be up front really. You may just enjoy the show anywhere on the field. The sound travel great, the crowd is very ready, and even today everybody is talking about .... The Stones ...

The Rolling Stones are super-popular. Glasto has been so ready for years. It just never worked out. But finally The Rolling Stones made it. Young and old. Any ages. They are ready. The second Keith and Mick hit the center stage tomorrow at the Pyramid Stage some time after 9pm the Glasto crowd will make a big roar that will travel all over the area and tell everyone who still might be in their tents to get their asses moving and see the greatest rock'n'roll band on the planet rock Glastonbury on Saturday June 29, 2013. A lifetime experience for the kids, for the adults, for anyone really...

And just in case you wonder if Bill will be on stage with The Rolling Stones tomorrow? Well that would be a miracle. He is probably halfway to his vacation spot in France by now. But miracles have been happening before!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 02:56 by bv.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:03

maxx
Great pics BV Love the kids T-Shirts.

Hope the sun shines on you tomorrow cool smiley

Yes, same here, and I really want that Gla-ston-bury t-shirt. Thank you Bjornulf for the great photos and enthusiastic reports. It sounds like everyone is in for an unforgettable time with the Stones. Wish I could be there!

Date: June 29, 2013 03:11

I think you get these two T-shirts at adult size 15 pounds each. May be I will turn into a hippy and buy some T-shirts tomorrow.

Great place to be really. Everybody is friendly, prices on food and drinks are ok, they even have grocery stores here, everything you need really. May be I should move in permanently. But they say they close on Sunday... And by the end of next week I have to be in London anyway..

Bjornulf

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 29, 2013 03:28

They should open with Satisfaction

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:32

Looks like a fantastic festival. Some great acts.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:41

bv
I think you get these two T-shirts at adult size 15 pounds each. May be I will turn into a hippy and buy some T-shirts tomorrow.

Great place to be really. Everybody is friendly, prices on food and drinks are ok, they even have grocery stores here, everything you need really. May be I should move in permanently. But they say they close on Sunday... And by the end of next week I have to be in London anyway..

I must have missed something.....what does buying some T-Shirts have to do with turning into a "hippy"?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:43

No Expectations
bv

I must have missed something.....what does buying some T-Shirts have to do with turning into a "hippy"?

He is turning into a Deadhead after hanging out in California for all those shows.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:47

The Sicilian
No Expectations
bv

Can't picture BV at a Dead show but stranger things have happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 05:47 by No Expectations.

Date: June 29, 2013 05:50

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards: Rolling Stones not too old for Glastonbury

By Sinead Garvan
Newsbeat music reporter

The Rolling Stones will make their Glastonbury debut this weekend, headlining the Pyramid stage on Saturday night.

They have an average age of 69 with some saying they are too old to play.

"I'd say, 'What do you know about it? You've never tried it'," laughs the band's guitarist Keith Richards.

"It's good for your health to play rock'n'roll in a clean living band like The Rolling Stones. You should try it. It's better than church."

The Rolling Stones have been together for more than 50 years and have never played the UK's biggest and most famous festival.

"It just never occurred. Many times it has been on the list of tours and stuff and for one reason or another it never coincided," explains Keith Richards in an exclusive interview with Newsbeat ahead of Glastonbury.

"[It's] like a black hole in space or something but in we go this time.

"I'm looking forward to it because it is an iconic gig and it's an iconic band and finally the two meet at last.

"In a way it's kind of weird that at last we've made it to Glastonbury. It's like building Stonehenge right?"

'Great cats'

It's hard to imagine a band like The Rolling Stones feeling nervous about any gig, having performed all over the world.

But Keith Richards says there are things they worry about.

"I think the only pressure we feel is that it is the first time we've done an outdoor show for yonks and English weather," he says.

"Throwing in those two equations, yeah there is maybe a little apprehension."

He is also aware that the other two headliners, Arctic Monkeys and Mumford & Sons, are Glastonbury veterans in comparison.

"They are all great cats and I think most of them have played there before," he says.

"They probably have more experience than we do of playing Glastonbury because it is a unique way of working."

'Unique bunch'

The Rolling Stones are often asked what the key to their success is and how have they lasted so long, when so many other bands have failed.

Richards says he doesn't know. "Determination to outlive them all," he laughs.

"It's just a unique bunch of guys. Charlie Watts, that man can play drums. It's so subtle, it's the roll I think.

"Don't concentrate on the rock, because anybody can rock, but the roll - that's another thing."

Many of the bands that will be playing Glastonbury Festival this weekend surely want to know the secret to their staying power.

Richards says there is no secret, you just have to be determined.

"Stick to it and make sure the drummer's got it. That's all I can tell you," he advises.

"There are no ingredients here but you've got to have a good drummer and you've got to really want to do it. You've got to want it to death."

Listen to the interview @ [www.bbc.co.uk]

I hate to be the one to break it to you Keith, but you are too old for Glastonbury! 69 year old men shouldn't be doing rock 'n roll. You guys are proving it every night of this tour. You should have retired ten years ago after the Licks tour.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 29, 2013 07:36

bv
I think you get these two T-shirts at adult size 15 pounds each. Maybe I will turn into a hippy and buy some T-shirts tomorrow.

Don't do it BV, don't do it !

You'll have to live the rest of your life as a Norwegian exile, you'll be immediately arrested at the Norwegian port of entry when you try to sneak back into the country, and deported.

NO hippies in Norway. Got it ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 29, 2013 09:48

TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
69 year old men shouldn't be doing rock 'n roll. You guys are proving it every night of this tour. You should have retired ten years ago after the Licks tour.

So it's OK for 59 year old men to do rock'n'roll? Not sure there's a huge distinction here.

I'm all in favor of 79 year old men doing rock'n'roll, myself.

And on another note, her tweets seem to suggest that L'Wren thinks they're called the Attic Monkeys . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 10:10 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:39

What time are the Stones scheduled tonight ? I'll be away tonight and will have to find a TV somewhere...

Date: June 29, 2013 10:54

The Glastonbury Festival time chart says:
Rolling Stones 9:30pm - 11:45pm
It seems like they are running by the clock.
Bill Wyman was on 6:30pm sharp last night, just as scheduled

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home