Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Glastonbury UK June 29 Rolling Stones show planning
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:48

This is a great event shirt

All photos by Bjornulf Vik, IORR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 12:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:57

Thanks so much for the updates and pics BV. Glad you are having a good time at Glastonbury. winking smileysmileys with beerwinking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 29, 2013 13:20

bv
BILL WYMAN ON THE ACOUSTIC GLASTONBURY STAGE FRIDAY JUNE 28:

Bill was relaxed in front of his drummer for most of the show. They went on stage 6:30pm sharp, as scheduled, and performed for an hour. They did Harlem Shuffle and other standards we are used to hear from Bill & his Rhythm Kings.

All photos by Bjornulf Vik, IORR

Luuuuuuuuuuurv the welly !!

Just glad I ain't there having to WEAR them !! (wellies)

Thanks for the pics BV, great as usual ........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 29, 2013 13:21

bv
BILL WYMAN ON THE ACOUSTIC GLASTONBURY STAGE FRIDAY JUNE 28:

Bill was relaxed in front of his drummer for most of the show. They went on stage 6:30pm sharp, as scheduled, and performed for an hour. They did Harlem Shuffle and other standards we are used to hear from Bill & his Rhythm Kings.

Why did not Mick Jagger came out of his tent for doing a guest performance with Bill's Rhythm Kings as Glasto Warm Up? In my opinion, it would have been a really nice thing for the people in the audience there. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 14:25

I think Bill is trying to catch Mick Taylor up, weight wise.

Having a quick look at the papers today and the way I am reading it, that we will get an hours delay, hope fully somebody will tell me I am wrong.

Its good to hear that you are enjoying it BV. Thanks for the pictures.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 29, 2013 17:43

Mick strolling around the festival grounds yesterday.

instagram.com/lwrenscott

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 29, 2013 18:17

So glad to see Mick and family getting in the spirit of Glastonbury. smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 29, 2013 20:04

odean73
I think Bill is trying to catch Mick Taylor up, weight wise.

Having a quick look at the papers today and the way I am reading it, that we will get an hours delay, hope fully somebody will tell me I am wrong.

Its good to hear that you are enjoying it BV. Thanks for the pictures.

The Stones hit the stage at 9.30 p.m.

However, the BBC2 programme which will cover the Stones doesn't start until 10.30.

It remains to be seen whether the live streams on the BBC website or the BBC/Glastonbury app will show anything from the Pyramid Stage or whether we get restricted to the BBC2 coverage. You can't record any of the live streams as far as I know, so it wouldn't hurt them to let us see it once - but I bet we will get "we are unable to bring you this performance"

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 20:35

Looks like BBC Radio 2 may have the Stones on from 2130 to midnight - possibly live?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 29, 2013 21:27

Thanks for the reports and pics so far, Bjornulf.
I say go for the t-shirts! No one will ever suspect you of going hippie.

Hope everyone is having much, much fun!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 29, 2013 21:48

Glastonbury: Festival-goers strip down to beachwear as rain clears and the sun comes out… just in time for the Rolling Stones

[muslimhype.com]

Date: June 29, 2013 21:51

Aquamarine
TheLoneRangerRidesAgain
69 year old men shouldn't be doing rock 'n roll. You guys are proving it every night of this tour. You should have retired ten years ago after the Licks tour.

So it's OK for 59 year old men to do rock'n'roll? Not sure there's a huge distinction here.

I'm all in favor of 79 year old men doing rock'n'roll, myself.

And on another note, her tweets seem to suggest that L'Wren thinks they're called the Attic Monkeys . . .

I thought what they did in 2003 was miraculous. It would have been the perfect time to end their "big show" rock 'n roll career. Mick still had that "eye of the tiger" look back then, but it's just not there anymore. Somewhere down the line over these last ten years he lost it. Frankly, he looks bored, if not a little depressed. Hopefully, what I am seeing is just the natural aging process. As far as Ronnie and Keith are concerned they are barely able to keep up these days. The tempo has definitely slowed down. People as they age slow down. The Stones were amazing to go as far as they did, but they are running on fumes these days and it saddens me to see them still attempting to cling to the past. Country and blues would suit them much better these days.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 29, 2013 21:53

The Rolling Stones gear up for their Glastonbury debut

The Rolling Stones are said to be making use of pyrotechnics during the gig, and there are rumours abound regarding the mechanical phoenix that will preside over the venue from the top of the stage.

Stones fan Mark Richardson said: ‘I hope it flies to the back of the field. But at the moment no one knows what’s going to happen, and it’s that expectation that makes it so special.’

Festivalgoers can anticipate getting to hear all the classics played live, as well as tracks from their latest album GRRR!

Celebrities are expected to be among the crowds when the rockers take to the stage, including model Kate Moss.

[metro.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home