Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Boston June 2013 show planning
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:50

CindyC
Blue
Just a suggestion, but Woburn, Wakefield, Reading are still about 30 - 40 min to Boston, Saugus is much closer than the cities mentioned above, they have a Red Roof Inn very reasonable (probably less than 100 dollars) right on Rte 1, only about a 15 min drive in right over Tobin Bridge and you are there. Even fairly cheap with a Taxi...like a mentioned before, The Wyndham Hotel, Chelsea Ma, even closer smiling smiley

My dad lives in Saugus and I know it's close, but there isn't a train station there so I didn't suggest it. I took a cab from my dad's to the airport once and it ended up costing me about $30, no bargain there unfortunately.

That is true Cindy C, no direct train to Boston, but maybe because I am from there I didn't think 30 dollars was all that bad for a taxi lol. Lived in Chelsea right near Saugus for about 3O years or so, my husband is from there, but down South now,...miss the FOOD up there, Santarpios too, outstanding pizza along with the Brown Jug in Cheksea.

Posted by: GratefulFood ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:15

Try "Name Your Own Price" on www.priceline.com and put in a low bid for a room in Boston. The closest areas to the Garden to search in are the Boston Harbor Front-Aquarium area, Quincy Market-Financial District area, Beacon Hill area, Boston Common area, Copley Square-Back Bay area, or Cambridge East-Charlestown area. You can get very good deals. Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 01:55 by GratefulFood.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2013 01:52

Well, I just got laid off from my job, hopefully will be able to collect unemployment until I find a new gig BUT that crimps my style big time so I really must find a hotel that is under $180. It makes it hard to justify $600 or more for one show BUT....I have not given up.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 7, 2013 08:14

Mickschix - Do you live in Massachusetts? If you drive in you can stay in the Waltham area about 10 miles from Boston. They are not as expensive as in the city.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2013 08:37

Surprising that this Boston thread has gotten as many views and posts as it's had--and that Chicago has already gotten 3 shows announced....

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 16:49

real Stones fans in Boston

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 7, 2013 17:31

Blue
Just a suggestion, but Woburn, Wakefield, Reading are still about 30 - 40 min to Boston, Saugus is much closer than the cities mentioned above, they have a Red Roof Inn very reasonable (probably less than 100 dollars) right on Rte 1, only about a 15 min drive in right over Tobin Bridge and you are there. Even fairly cheap with a Taxi...like a mentioned before, The Wyndham Hotel, Chelsea Ma, even closer smiling smiley

Hey blue ,

Hows does it take you 30 to 40 minutes to get from reading or Woburn its only ten miles and a straight shot. It takes me 15 to 20 at the most unless it Rush hour.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 7, 2013 20:07

virgil
Hey blue ,

Hows does it take you 30 to 40 minutes to get from reading or Woburn its only ten miles and a straight shot. It takes me 15 to 20 at the most unless it Rush hour.

Hey Virgil, I think he meant by the commuter rail. That's about a 30 minute ride.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: April 7, 2013 20:30

virgil
Blue

Hey blue ,

I must drive a lot slower than you..but yeah, if no traffic probably less, was just saying Saugus and Chelsea closer, and have some cheap hotels.

Date: April 7, 2013 21:58

fredlynn19
real Stones fans in Boston

Yes, which is why you would think Boston would get 3 shows as well like they did in 2002--but perhaps the band thinks the East Coast was adequately covered last year.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2013 22:52

Thanks, Slew but I was planning on leaving my car at home and taking the bus. Yes, I live in Western Mass, in the Berkshires. Only 2 hours 15 by car and 3 hours by bus. Not too bad. I am worried about the hotel because the person I usually go with is also unemployed and cannot justify going into retirement savings for one show at $1000 for the trip. I can't say that I blame her. If 25 years ago I knew I'd be considering spending a grand on ONE Stones show, I would think I had to be already in an asylum...writing crazy things from behind bars!

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:09

I'm Getting Antsy .. all This Stones Talk . Guess I'll have to put on a live video . Any Suggestions which tour to watch ? I'll wait for replies

Date: April 8, 2013 00:16

RocksOff714
I'm Getting Antsy .. all This Stones Talk . Guess I'll have to put on a live video . Any Suggestions which tour to watch ? I'll wait for replies

The one that most inspires you, which would likely be the first tour you became aware of as a Stones fan. If you have been a Stones fan for their entire run, then Charlie Is My Darling.... If you started life as a Stones fan in the early 70s, then Ladies and Gentlemen.... If you started in the early 80s, then Let's Spend The Night Together....

Date: April 8, 2013 00:26

The '75 tour was my first show . I have a copy of The L.A. show . I'm fond of The Voodoo Lounge tour as well . What a Conundrum lol

Date: April 8, 2013 00:36

Check the return bus schedule . You might be able to catch one after the show . I've done that to Syracuse shows . That was a about 14 hour round trip . I bit crazy but saves on a hotel . Bring a small travel kit to freshen up ;-)

Posted by: mona ()
Date: April 8, 2013 00:50

You guys might have to stay out in Pittsfield for the best Hotel Rates when the Stones are in Boston!

Date: April 8, 2013 00:54

RocksOff714
The '75 tour was my first show . I have a copy of The L.A. show . I'm fond of The Voodoo Lounge tour as well . What a Conundrum lol

Have you got the Some Girls Live in Texas DVD? Lots of Some Girls tracks on that. A real high-energy show as well that might hit the spot for you. But, you're right, more to choose from than you could possibly fit into the same evening.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 8, 2013 02:23

Antsy indeed...getting seriously pumped. Rocksoff I will take you up on your offer...seems like a fair trade! This is an on going issue for me I travel down there for shows quite a bit.

Date: April 8, 2013 02:32

I've got that . With double vinyl record . great package

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Date: April 8, 2013 03:43

mona
You guys might have to stay out in Pittsfield for the best Hotel Rates when the Stones are in Boston!

Some Funny shit Mona.

Date: April 8, 2013 03:53

WARNING: Anybody looking for a hotel in the Woburn area DO NOT repeat DO NOT Book at the Red Roof inn on Commerce way in Woburn.

No joke, It is a high rise crack house full of junkies and Hookers. The Woburn police respond to more calls at this location than any other place in the city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 03:53 by virgil.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 9, 2013 03:59

When do tickets go on sale for Boston?!!!!

Date: April 9, 2013 18:42

According to RS.com - Boston tickets

"Citi Private Pass Pre-Sale April 12 10AM PDT". So I guess it's 1:00 EST?

Weird, they normally list EST.

I'm still going to check 10am EST, just in case.

Date: April 9, 2013 18:42

I just heard on ZLX tix on sale Monday !

Date: April 9, 2013 18:47

I am trying for the presale and will buy as many tickets as I am allowed. If I can get extra, I'll post on IORR and give to the real fans for no mark-up. We should all do that, make sure everyone here gets a ticket without having to deal with the brokers.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:59

RocksOff714
I prefer Ernesto's to Regina's ! Even Better is Galleria Umberto's but they're only open 10:30-2:30 . I could go on & on . I smell pasta & garlic all day and nit .

So Right!! My friends and I used to beg fro scraps there. The arincini are the best! I love that place.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:22

Hello all,
I will open my home to 2-3 fans from this board that are long suffering IORR Board members. The real long termers....BV ,Lorenz, Erik, Dillard, Steffe , Zagalo, Jaap, UrbanSteel, Ludwig, Stretton Bull, the stonesvault crew, NICOS , mattps,. Hemi04, etc . You know who you are!

CindyC...you live closer than I do but you are of course welcome smileys with beersmiling smiley

I live 90 minutes from Boston. I have a 3 bedroom home so you can share a bedroom and/or use my couch. I would prefer to share with those that are coming from a long distance/overseas or are strapped for cash.

You must love dogs...I have 5. My 19 year old son will be there too.

If I go to the show, we can commute together. If not, I can get you to a train station that will get you to downtown Boston.

No thieves or active dopers please. I am single so I don't do much food shopping so please don't expect to be fed. I am offering shelter,laundry and shower only...not tucked in at night, no mani-pedis, no hair styling,no massages (at least for men).

As an FYI, I am single,52 years old, hard working and gorgeous..just 1 hair cut away from being a super model promoting testosterone replacement therapy drugs for magazine advertisements.

Girls? Ladies? anyone?

email me at mriocafro@yahoo.com if interested.

Date: April 9, 2013 22:28

For the Boston June 12th show we seem to have 2 options?

1- Citi Private Pass Pre-Sale April 12 10AM EDT
2- General On-Sale Monday April 15 10AM EDT

So I take it that Boston will not have the $85 ticket offerings? Is this correct?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:32

I'm now totally stuck. I'm in the NY/NJ area, so I'm not really "close" to any of these shows. I didn't see them in December. Now with everything about Mick Taylor, I'd really like to go. And for $85 I would (before that price, I wasn't even considering a show, even with Mick Taylor on board).

Now I'm wondering, do I try for Boston? I'm thinking they have a history there and maybe the possibility of Memory Motel (am I thinking way too unrealistic?)

Or I could do Philly. Which is about 2 hours closer to me, and I guess has a history for them as well. I'm just thinking maybe Boston might get a better set for some reason. Any thoughts about this conundrum? Also, is there a snowball's chance I can get the $85 ticket or has no one had any luck?

Date: April 9, 2013 23:39

$85 tickets will probably be available Monday

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home