Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Boston June 2013 show planning
Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:00

Another avenue to pursue re: lodging in Boston and viscinity (I found this online, can't say how good it is, but some of the prices are good and some of the areas look good. Of course, buyer beware) Looks like it is basically people in the area renting rooms nightly in their homes.
[www.hosthomesofboston.com]

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 5, 2013 20:14

tommyquinn
Cool, Fenway is historic and fun, though the sound man gets severely challenged by the odd shape of it. I saw the Stones there twice, and I had a great time.

I can see that. It sounded great from the behind the stage seats.

Date: April 5, 2013 20:20

in the last couple of hours since I last checked, the Citibank page has since added the remaining shows with the sale dates still listed as TBA. so it's getting closer!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 21:22

Shows are being added to Toronto & Chicago . They said 18 gigs . 2 per Lucky City .

Back Up To Boston I'm Singing In A Bar

Date: April 5, 2013 21:27

Carter Alan on ZLX said Ticket sales info next week

Date: April 5, 2013 21:36

RocksOff714
Carter Alan on ZLX said Ticket sales info next week

I love Carter. I hope they add a second Boston show. Doubles my chances of getting tickets, and if I'm REALLY REALLY lucky - I get to go to 2 shows instead of just one!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:34

RocksOff714
I was at the June 11th '75 show . It would be cool to add that date as well . Just saw them in Brooklyn . I'm glad it wasn't "The Last Time". I live in The North End Pizza Party at my place !

I grew up on Charter Street!

Date: April 5, 2013 22:43

Speaking of the North End, someone above mentioned Santarpio's as having the best pizza. I prefer good ol'fashioned Regina's though. Even the branch versions at the malls.

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 22:53

see ya there...both shows. I am sure they will add another. Celts won't be playing in NBA Finals anyway so the GArden will be available, unlesss the Bruins make a Cup run.

Mick under the banners!!! Again!!

Date: April 5, 2013 23:01

I prefer Ernesto's to Regina's ! Even Better is Galleria Umberto's but they're only open 10:30-2:30 . I could go on & on . I smell pasta & garlic all day and nit .

Date: April 5, 2013 23:02

Crash On My Couch .. Just Bring BEER . ha ha

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:05

Will Canadian beer do?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:10

CindyC
another suggestion would be to stay in any city that has access to the commuter rail or subway from North Station. The Garden is right above the station. A lot of the hotels that are not in the city do not charge for parking. Then you can drive to one of the train stations from the hotel and take the train in, plenty of parking in the evenings at the train stations (you're screwed during the mornings though).

[www.mbta.com]

Some of these cities are right off Route 95/128 which is very convenient for those travelling from nearby states.

Worcester has a few places to stay and Union Station is very close to all of them . You can transfer to the T in Boston .

Date: April 5, 2013 23:36

Worcester .. ? That's a long haul by T and you may not be able to get back after the show .

Date: April 5, 2013 23:43

Molson XXX , Labatt's Blue .. can you get them thru the border ?

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 6, 2013 03:20

I come from the land of Moosehead and Alpine Rocksoff...plenty of that available at the border duty free...and yes will be stocking up on the way through. Now as for other party favours...not so easy tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 6, 2013 03:57

That's covered here .

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: April 6, 2013 04:04

If I lived any closer to Tarps I'd be 300 lbs by now! smiling smiley

Date: April 6, 2013 05:18

I'll be at as many as they play here

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 6, 2013 06:12

Woburn 10 miles north of Boston has some nice business class hotels and trains that go right to The TD garden. Step off the train and you are in the Garden.

Date: April 6, 2013 15:39

>grinning smiley<When do tickets go on sale for TD Bank North Boston show??? Was lucky to see the Stones at the Fleet Center for opening night of the 40 Lick Tour, and Opening night at Fenway park for Bigger Bang Tour.slsss@snet.net

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:57

CindyC
Speaking of the North End, someone above mentioned Santarpio's as having the best pizza. I prefer good ol'fashioned Regina's though. Even the branch versions at the malls.

i'm suprised bv hasn't banned you for DARING to sneak in some food talk on his board.

Date: April 6, 2013 19:43

virgil
Woburn 10 miles north of Boston has some nice business class hotels and trains that go right to The TD garden. Step off the train and you are in the Garden.

Virgil, yeah that's what I was thinking too. Woburn, Wakefield, Reading. All go right to N.Station. Right off 128 which is easy access to the mass pike.

Date: April 6, 2013 19:46

GRNRBITW
CindyC

i'm suprised bv hasn't banned you for DARING to sneak in some food talk on his board.

I've been on IORR eight years and never been banned. Oh i've been spoken to, but never actually banned.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:04

CindyC
virgil

Virgil, yeah that's what I was thinking too. Woburn, Wakefield, Reading. All go right to N.Station. Right off 128 which is easy access to the mass pike.

Just a suggestion, but Woburn, Wakefield, Reading are still about 30 - 40 min to Boston, Saugus is much closer than the cities mentioned above, they have a Red Roof Inn very reasonable (probably less than 100 dollars) right on Rte 1, only about a 15 min drive in right over Tobin Bridge and you are there. Even fairly cheap with a Taxi...like a mentioned before, The Wyndham Hotel, Chelsea Ma, even closer smiling smiley

Date: April 6, 2013 21:29

CindyC
GRNRBITW
CindyC

I've been on IORR eight years and never been banned. Oh i've been spoken to, but never actually banned.

whatever. it's food time here...sushi and fruit...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:32

GRNRBITW
CindyC
GRNRBITW
CindyC

Is that where you were...out for lunch?

You didn't wait for your replacement to 'relieve' you.

You're in big trouble mister.

Date: April 6, 2013 21:32

Blue
Just a suggestion, but Woburn, Wakefield, Reading are still about 30 - 40 min to Boston, Saugus is much closer than the cities mentioned above, they have a Red Roof Inn very reasonable (probably less than 100 dollars) right on Rte 1, only about a 15 min drive in right over Tobin Bridge and you are there. Even fairly cheap with a Taxi...like a mentioned before, The Wyndham Hotel, Chelsea Ma, even closer smiling smiley

My dad lives in Saugus and I know it's close, but there isn't a train station there so I didn't suggest it. I took a cab from my dad's to the airport once and it ended up costing me about $30, no bargain there unfortunately.

Date: April 6, 2013 21:33

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
CindyC
GRNRBITW
CindyC

i prefer relieving myself in the privacy of my own outhouse....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2013 21:33

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
CindyC
GRNRBITW
CindyC

i prefer relieving myself in the privacy of my own outhouse....

That's a relief...ok, back to business.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home