Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Exciting dee for CindyC
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 14, 2013 18:35

Due to yesterday's $85 ticket drop, I'm taking my boy to his first Rolling Stones concert tonight. Granted I'm WAY more excited than he is (ok to be fair, he barely wants to go), and it's probably going to be more of a pain in the butt than anything, but it's a big day for me to be able to share this with him.

I'm bringing earplugs just in case it's too loud, and his ipod in case he gets bored. I think he'll be pleasantly surprised though.

YIPPEE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 22:04 by CindyC.

Re: Exciting day for CindyC
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 14, 2013 18:45

great news indeed (at least for you !)

Let us know how it was afterwards
How old is he ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 14, 2013 18:47

Doc

How old is he ?

Date: June 14, 2013 18:47

Thanks Doc! He's 12.

Date: June 14, 2013 18:48

Gazza
Doc

How old is he ?

HA - I took that boy on Wednesday, but he liked it so much he's trying to get a ticket for tonight too.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 18:50

Gazza
Doc

How old is he ?

LOL !!
don't take it bad Cindy but you know how Gazza is. He can't help it.

Date: June 14, 2013 19:03

jpasc95
LOL !!
don't take it bad Cindy but you know how Gazza is. He can't help it.

HA - no worries. I know he's just messing with me!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:11

Good for you both CindyC, I'm sure he'll have a great time and good memories. My son went to see The Who with his father when he was twelve and he still has a poster of the band on his bedroom wall. Now he's almost 15 (next month) and bigger than me and we're going to see the Stones together next week. He's also really into guitar now, so he's very excited about the concert. It took a little while, but he is now a big Stones fan, so keep working on your son and have fun!

Date: June 14, 2013 19:14

latebloomer
Good for you both CindyC, I'm sure he'll have a great time and good memories. My son went to see The Who with his father when he was twelve and he still has a poster of the band on his bedroom wall. Now he's almost 15 (next month) and bigger than me and we're going to see the Stones together next week. He's also really into guitar now, so he's very excited about the concert. It took a little while, but he is now a big Stones fan, so keep working on your son and have fun!

Oh that's great! Hope you guys have a fun show next week!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:16

Hope y'all have a great time tonight! That's one of the many reasons I'm hoping for a SE US tour in the fall... I've got 18 & 14 year old daughters who will be offered $85's if they're interested. Although neither are "Stones Fans" per se, my 18 year old loved the Crowes when we took her a couple of years ago even though she only knew 2-3 songs and the 14 year old loves "events".

I hope you have a wondeful time with your boy(s) tonight! I'll be thinking of EVERYONE as I follow here once again!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:18

Excellent Cindy

I think he will at least be in awe of the stage and lights and the crowd and i am sure you have subjected him to the music over the years and he will know alot of the songs.

Every young kid I have taken over the years has become a fan and gone on to see them again. My Niece and nephew saw them for the first time in 2002 at age 13 and both of them are going tonight about thier 5th show each

Enjoy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 19:21 by virgil.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:20

Hope you all have the chance to see the Stones with your kids. I was at Bell Centre in Montreal last Sunday with my two daughters (11 and 13 y.o.) and we had a blast.

Dan (wattswood)

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:23

VERY glad to hear this Cindy!

Will you email me a photo of him at show?

I consider him a "special guest."

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:25

CindyC
Due to yesterday's $85 ticket drop, I'm taking my boy to his first Rolling Stones concert tonight. Granted I'm WAY more excited than he is (ok to be fair, he barely wants to go), and it's probably going to be more of a pain in the butt than anything, but it's a big day for me to be able to share this with him.

I'm bringing earplugs just in case it's too loud, and his ipod in case he gets bored. I think he'll be pleasantly surprised though.

YIPPEE!!!
I was going to take my son too, but I couldn't get any $85 tickets! My son is 26 though. I didn't want to pay another $266 for his ticket too, so I just went myself. Plus, I would have died of embarassment if I would have taken him and they had a guest like Taylor Swift, Katy Parry (however you spell her name) etc., so I just went myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-14 19:27 by KatieGirl.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:26

CindyC

YIPPEE!!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee indeed, go for it Cindy & son hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:29

Have a brilliant time, CindyC & Son!
And be sure to let Keith know all the right things :E

Date: June 14, 2013 19:39

Have FUUUNNNNNNNN

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 14, 2013 19:53

The Stones really have become a family thing. Oh the good ol' days that parents tried their kiddos to protect from them!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:13

CindyC
Due to yesterday's $85 ticket drop, I'm taking my boy to his first Rolling Stones concert tonight. Granted I'm WAY more excited than he is (ok to be fair, he barely wants to go)

horrible mother. if you can't get a sitter, you just don't go. sheesh.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:15

I am taking my 11 daughter to philly on the 18th. We have been doing a song a day to get her acquainted. Originally she wasn't too excited, but as we get closer, she is starting to look forward to it. I'm looking at it as if it were a "teaching moment". She will be getting schooled on what real music is all about....

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Date: June 14, 2013 20:21

Stones Tod is becoming suddenly VERY conservative.

With all those kids of his, and he's a real cheapskate.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:23

Have fun! For sure the iPod will stay switched off. grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:25

I took a 15-year-old to see the Stones at Dodger Stadium in LA in 2006. We got field seats up close for $175 (that will get you a nosebleeder now). She was absolutely awed by the show, and Jagger's energy. The pyrotechnics and the light show were indeed A Bigger Bang. When I knew it was nearing time for the B-stage, we grabbed her and got right up on it and she was able to see and make eye contact with all the Stones from just a few feet away. She immediately became a Stones fan and continues to this day.

(On a side note, I took her to meet Kurt Vonnegut, the writer, in 2004. We both had our picture taken with him and that is a treasured thing).

I'm excited for you Cindy C. Hope your 12-year-old is too.

Date: June 14, 2013 20:26

stonesrule

there's nothing sudden about this. i was the one who laid the groundwork for william f. buckley who taught it to goldwater and reagan.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:33

StonesTod
stonesrule

there's nothing sudden about this. i was the one who laid the groundwork for william f. buckley who taught it to goldwater and reagan.

Besides you're a Texan, ain't ya?

Date: June 14, 2013 20:35

kleermaker
StonesTod
stonesrule

Besides you're a Texan, ain't ya?

i was the one who laid the groundwork for sam houston and stephen f. austin.

Re: Exciting dee for CindyC
Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:53

Or as Mick would say "Exciting dee for CindyC". grinning smiley

Date: June 14, 2013 21:13

Remember The Alamo!

Date: June 14, 2013 21:14

i miss davy. he was a friend of mine.

Date: June 14, 2013 21:27

TippyToe
Or as Mick would say "Exciting dee for CindyC". grinning smiley

HAHAHA ACK don't say that!!!!! HAHAHA - nice one!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home