Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Boston June 2013 show planning
Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 10, 2013 03:31

CindyC - Let me know how you make out with the tickets. If I can't get one I'd rather buy from you than one of these really overpriced brokers.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 10, 2013 03:35

Cafaro - Funny post!!! That is very nice of you to offer up your home. I would if I were closer to Boston but I am in Worcester and have three kids and no extra beds.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 10, 2013 16:01

slew
CindyC - Let me know how you make out with the tickets. If I can't get one I'd rather buy from you than one of these really overpriced brokers.

You got it slew! Don't count on me yet though, I might not get lucky. Fingers crossed though!

Date: April 10, 2013 20:08

I just got the RS.com email about the presale tickets and it now says tickets are on sale at 10:00am EDT, rather than Pacific time. They must have seen my post and fixed it. You're welcome. ;-)

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2013 20:42

Cafaro
Hello all,
I will open my home to 2-3 fans from this board that are long suffering IORR Board members. The real long termers....BV ,Lorenz, Erik, Dillard, Steffe , Zagalo, Jaap, UrbanSteel, Ludwig, Stretton Bull, the stonesvault crew, NICOS , mattps,. Hemi04, etc . You know who you are!

email me at mriocafro@yahoo.com if interested.

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I need to work 24/7 during most stops on the tours, and especially now. Far away from party and socializing. That is how it works when you stay on the road for weeks. So I am booking into places with high speed internet with the possibility to work undisturbed long hours on the PC and then do some hillside hiking and biking if it is not all that flat and urban around. Hopefully we can meet up at a nice bar or something before the show. I remember we had many great moments in Boston during previous tour starts. I usually stayed at the Radisson right next to the Stones hotel, but things change...

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 10, 2013 21:29

Bordering Boston to the west, the city of Cambridge has a tranquil and scenic 162-acre green belt called Fresh Pond, the city's reservoir, with foot paths and bike lanes. By bike, it is just minutes from Harvard Square [via Concord Avenue].

Concord Avenue facing east, with Fresh Pond Reservation on right.

View of reservoir from one of the observation points along foot path, Fresh Pond, Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Fresh Pond Meadow.

Fresh Pond is right near a subway stop, the last station on the Red Line, called Alewife. Also from Alewife Station you can access the Minuteman Bikeway, once a railway but now a bikeway, which heading west, will take you through Arlington's Great Meadows, historic Lexington, and on to Bedford, and from there you can bike into Concord and around Walden Pond.

Foot path, Great Meadows, Lexington/Arlington.

Minuteman Bikeway in Bedford.

Last stop on the Minuteman Bikeway, Bedford Depot.

Walden Pond, Concord.

Thoreau's cabin at Walden Pond.

Date: April 10, 2013 21:54

Those Boston pictures looks great. I have a 94 km Mountain Bike race to do late August, "Birken", so I am planning to rent MTB's in LA, San Jose and so on to be prepared. Boston for MTB trials looks great too.

Bjornulf

Date: April 10, 2013 23:44

bv
Those Boston pictures looks great. I have a 94 km Mountain Bike race to do late August, "Birken", so I am planning to rent MTB's in LA, San Jose and so on to be prepared. Boston for MTB trials looks great too.

If you happen to be on the Minuteman Bikeway at dusk, in Arlington where the Great Meadows first open up wide, an army of fireflies put on a dancing light show that would make for great computer wallpaper if you have a cellphone camera to record the scene.

A word of caution, though, if you do happen to travel this path after dark--it is coyote country in these towns just west of Boston. On a July evening in 2005 around 9 p.m. I was walking back from Concord toward Cambridge, had just stepped onto the Minuteman Bikeway at Bedford Depot and was some 20 yards from a small bridge over a stream leading to miles of remote suburban darkness, when I encountered what at first appeared to be a very large dog striding nonchalantly to cross the bikeway just before the bridge ahead of me. My first thought was, Why is that dog off its leash, and where is its owner? Then the animal stopped at the path, turned to look and grin at me with its wolf-like face, and then I realized--it's, it's a wolf! It was actually a coyote, one of the larger breeds in the area. After a prolonged moment of sniffing around, the animal crossed the path and casually sauntered off into the woods on the opposite side of the bikeway.

I was more than a little fearful, because I was carrying in a plastic bag some food I had packed for my journey--a couple of venison burger sandwiches, deer being a favorite delicacy of such local wildlife. Fortunately, coyotes will only attack humans if they are in packs, but it nonetheless took a couple of minutes to forge ahead and sprint past the point where the coyote had crossed, into the uncertain depths of the darkened bikeway ahead.

So if you find yourself in this area after dark, it is best to stay on your bike and keep moving, and if you must stop for any reason, be aware of your surroundings at all times.

From Alewife train station to Bedford Depot, the distance is 11 miles. Mile markers are posted in chalk on the pavement along the bikeway. It is astonishing to think that during a typical concert, Mick Jagger covers 1 mile more than this. The older one gets, the more this man's level of fitness just boggles the mind.

Date: April 10, 2013 23:58

Coyote country? OK. It will be daytime for me... Thanks for the advice!

Bjornulf

Date: April 11, 2013 00:31

bv
Coyote country? OK. It will be daytime for me... Thanks for the advice!

And not just Boston--but across the U.S. as well, coyotes have become a shadowy suburban phenomenon, with numerous accounts in recent years of family pets and children and infants being attacked. The spread of such animals into suburban areas is the result of years of wildlife protection laws here in the U.S.

The range of coyotes has even on occasion spilled into urban areas as well. The Stones will be playing Chicago--those photos below of wild coyotes was taken within Chicago city limits in November 2012 right outside the sports stadium Wrigley Field!

When you're in Chicago, chances are that humans won't be the only potential danger after dark.

Wild coyotes hanging out at Chicago's Wrigley Field.

Gerht estimates that there are about 2,000 coyotes living in Cook County. Although coyotes typically remain well-hidden, it’s likely that there’s a coyote or two in your neighborhood.

“They’re found throughout the city. We can’t find a place where there aren’t coyotes,” he said. “The tricky thing about Chicago is that it doesn’t help [them] to go out at night because there’s always people out, even at night.”

Full story at: [www.suntimes.com]

Above photo taken from a 2012 article on urban coyotes in Chicago.

[livinggreenmag.com]

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 00:51

CindyC
I am trying for the presale and will buy as many tickets as I am allowed. If I can get extra, I'll post on IORR and give to the real fans for no mark-up. We should all do that, make sure everyone here gets a ticket without having to deal with the brokers.

As will I attempt to get as many as possible

Date: April 11, 2013 02:33

boston2006
CindyC
I am trying for the presale and will buy as many tickets as I am allowed. If I can get extra, I'll post on IORR and give to the real fans for no mark-up. We should all do that, make sure everyone here gets a ticket without having to deal with the brokers.

As will I attempt to get as many as possible

Good boy!

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:36

[www.travelzoo.com]
Just saw this deal on dealcatcher, maybe this will help someone.

Date: April 11, 2013 02:39

I'm gonna try for the $85 tix Monday, if I get them, I will have an extra, my friends are all Stones-d out. Maybe someone will be equally kind to me if I don't get them. And if I don't, I can always sweeten the deal with a place to crash nearby that night. Yeah, I am whoring myself out for a Stones ticket, what can I say?
Love the idea of the $85 tix, no stressing out and trying to find a better seat, spending hours on the secondary sites or checking Ticketmaster to find that one perfect ticket. All of that is eliminated with this lottery-type deal, and I love it. And I can afford to go to several shows!!!!

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: April 11, 2013 03:58

tommyquinn, you got yourself a deal. I will try as well on Monday if I get a pair the other seat is yours.

Date: April 11, 2013 19:19

you boys should get yourself a Citibank credit card and do the presale tomorrow!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 11, 2013 20:14

stonehearted
-
And not just Boston--but across the U.S. as well, coyotes have become a shadowy suburban phenomenon, with numerous accounts in recent years of family pets and children and infants being attacked. The spread of such animals into suburban areas is the result of years of wildlife protection laws here in the U.S.

The range of coyotes has even on occasion spilled into urban areas as well. The Stones will be playing Chicago--those photos below of wild coyotes was taken within Chicago city limits in November 2012 right outside the sports stadium Wrigley Field!

When you're in Chicago, chances are that humans won't be the only potential danger after dark.

Gerht estimates that there are about 2,000 coyotes living in Cook County. Although coyotes typically remain well-hidden, it’s likely that there’s a coyote or two in your neighborhood.

“They’re found throughout the city. We can’t find a place where there aren’t coyotes,” he said. “The tricky thing about Chicago is that it doesn’t help [them] to go out at night because there’s always people out, even at night.”

[livinggreenmag.com]

Amazing! Reminds me of that "old" horror movie titled "Wolfen"...
[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: April 11, 2013 20:58

20 hrs and counting

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Date: April 11, 2013 21:18

RocksOff714
20 hrs and counting

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! They played Loving Cup on ZLX a little bit ago and it got me super excited for the show!

Date: April 11, 2013 22:38

It takes 2 weeks to get a Citibank card- I applied for one on Monday, and I won't get it in time for the presale.

Date: April 11, 2013 22:55

tommyquinn
It takes 2 weeks to get a Citibank card- I applied for one on Monday, and I won't get it in time for the presale.

that long really? wow bummer. Ok, well like I said, if everyone who gets through gets as many tickets as they can, hopefully all the IORR Boston people will get to go.

Date: April 12, 2013 01:10

dcba
stonehearted
-

[livinggreenmag.com]

Amazing! Reminds me of that "old" horror movie titled "Wolfen"...
[en.wikipedia.org])

Yes, it does give new meaning to the term "urban jungle".

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 12, 2013 16:57

Date: April 12, 2013 17:15

I got two so far! trying for more.

Date: April 12, 2013 17:19

I got another one!

Date: April 12, 2013 18:10

Ok, so i don't know if they are going to cancel my last order, but i currently 10 tickets, so i have extras if people need them.

I only bought the $250 ones.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:17

Cafaro
Hello all,
I will open my home to 2-3 fans from this board that are long suffering IORR Board members. The real long termers....BV ,Lorenz, Erik, Dillard, Steffe , Zagalo, Jaap, UrbanSteel, Ludwig, Stretton Bull, the stonesvault crew, NICOS , mattps,. Hemi04, etc . You know who you are!

CindyC...you live closer than I do but you are of course welcome smileys with beersmiling smiley

I live 90 minutes from Boston. I have a 3 bedroom home so you can share a bedroom and/or use my couch. I would prefer to share with those that are coming from a long distance/overseas or are strapped for cash.

You must love dogs...I have 5. My 19 year old son will be there too.

If I go to the show, we can commute together. If not, I can get you to a train station that will get you to downtown Boston.

No thieves or active dopers please. I am single so I don't do much food shopping so please don't expect to be fed. I am offering shelter,laundry and shower only...not tucked in at night, no mani-pedis, no hair styling,no massages (at least for men).

As an FYI, I am single,52 years old, hard working and gorgeous..just 1 hair cut away from being a super model promoting testosterone replacement therapy drugs for magazine advertisements.

Girls? Ladies? anyone?

email me at mriocafro@yahoo.com if interested.

Hey, that's so nice of you, thank you! Unfortunately in Saigon atm and for the rest of the year, don't see much a chance of coming over sad smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:48

Unlike the other arena shows currently on sale, Boston seat map includes behind stage seating.

Doesn't appear to be a mistake, either - Loge Section 20 are labeled as such, and will only set you back $475 per.

Posted by: RocksOff714 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 18:54

I Gots 1 ! Tried at 10:00:02 for 6 Nothing . Tried for 2 nothing . Tried for 1 ,, Got MY one !

Crash Landed In A Louisiana Swamp

Date: April 12, 2013 18:58

RocksOff714
I Gots 1 ! Tried at 10:00:02 for 6 Nothing . Tried for 2 nothing . Tried for 1 ,, Got MY one !

Whooo Hooooo!!!! Congrats!

Who else is going? Dan? Cafaro? Virgil? Mickschix?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home