Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2013 23:50

I'm not flying to London for this, but cool for anyone able to go.

How many tickets are available for this anyway...why hasn't it sold out yet?

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 01:20

lmatth8461
desertblues68
Going to Hyde Park, just got one of the poverty tickets.

...or sensibly-priced tickets, depending on your perspective.smiling smiley

...or, given the current plan, tickets giving you access to the FOS, if you're early/quick enough.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 02:27

got mine :-)

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 06:15

Stones' Hyde Park gig sells out in 5 minutes !

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 6, 2013 09:16

Class Action?

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: April 6, 2013 09:58

Can anyone please give me the email address where people can cancel their tickets I can't find it.

Thanx!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:07

princerupert
Can anyone please give me the email address where people can cancel their tickets I can't find it.

Thanx!

Just harass rob@aeglive.co.uk
Complain and pressure him as much as you can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 10:08 by BowieStone.

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: April 6, 2013 10:14

Thanx! I will! :-)

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 6, 2013 11:49

Here the message i sent to Rob from aeglive

Sir,
I bought a GA Tier 2 access - Unwind backstage bar for 299 + 29,90
(service charges) + 30 (delivery) = 358,90 £ for the Rolling Stones
show on the 6th of july.
Order #19900652
processed 04/04/13 12:20:34 CDT

At the time of the purchase, the description was :
GA Tier 1 – access to the area directly in front of the stage
GA Tier 2 – access to an area closer to the stage than general admission
GA Tier 3 – access to the main spectator area
and for the "bar thing" :
Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar
Fast-track private entrance to the festival, getting you in and out
quickly.
- Premium Flushing toilets.
- Cloakroom service & lockers to keep your valuables safe.
- Relaxation tent where you can get a massage, treatment or body art.
- Private VIP cocktail bar
- Comfy seating areas.
- VIP food outlets.
Please note that the Backstage Bar is located close to the stage.
Tickets for the Backstage Bar do not permit access to restricted areas
behind the stage or any artist or production areas.

Later, (when the concert was sold out), a new layout shows something
very different.
These descriptions above appear to be false.

The place where I bought the tickets (direct link from The Rolling
Stones site) told : closer to the stage than Tier 3.
You shouldn't say those things if they are not true.

I have the strong feeling to have been cheated (I would use in french a
word less polite).
That's why i demand a full (fees and delivery included) refund for my
purchase.
Waiting hearing from you,
Regards
Docteur Marc Laff

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 6, 2013 12:22

BST site says GA now sold out.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:22

Does anybody know where and when to collect will call tickets? Did you all went for shipping or will call as well?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 13:25

I registered an interest in the Barclaycard Payband, anyone know what it is?

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:13

Yes i've got a Tier 3 tix but didn't want to pay 30£ for shipping and did take the will call option. But by hell what is this:

"International Will Call - 2.75
Will call only available for orders outside the UK. Photo ID and order number will be required to pick up any will call orders"

François

Date: April 6, 2013 14:21

François, I guess it means you are going to have to pick up the tickets from the box office (wherever that is!) on the day of the show at the latest. They need you ID to make sure you are the person who made the order. I know that in America they also would want to see the credit card used when ordering, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: April 6, 2013 14:23

Will call means you will get your tickets on concert day from the "ticket office" located near the concert area in Hyde Park

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 16:22

I thought somebody maybe knew the location and the pick up times. I would like to collect my tickets near Hyde Park and before (!) doors opening.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 6, 2013 17:48

fanch
Yes i've got a Tier 3 tix but didn't want to pay 30£ for shipping and did take the will call option. But by hell what is this:

"International Will Call - 2.75
Will call only available for orders outside the UK. Photo ID and order number will be required to pick up any will call orders"

François
I did the same for the same reason and I often do that for concerts.
Good thing or not, it depends of the venues: sometimes their ticket office opens really early, sometimes it's only at the same time than general opening doors, so we lose time showing our ID and receipt (even if they often just look our receipt). Sometimes it's another queue, I think for a big event like this one it will be the case. At what time, that is THE question...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-06 17:53 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: April 6, 2013 19:55

So I got a 95 pounda GA ticket. Live in nyc was planning on going. Chose international will call. Prob won't be able to get to Lomdon. Is there a way to transfer it to someone or will it go to waste? I'm willing to give it away to someone on here for free. Let me know if there is that option.

Posted by: Hase63 ()
Date: April 6, 2013 19:56

Hi,
I ordered my Tix TIER 2
Flight and hotel also :-)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:10

JaIsNotDead
So I got a 95 pounda GA ticket. Live in nyc was planning on going. Chose international will call. Prob won't be able to get to Lomdon. Is there a way to transfer it to someone or will it go to waste? I'm willing to give it away to someone on here for free. Let me know if there is that option.

You need to contact the organizers to find out whether they'll let you authorize someone else to pick up your will-call ticket.
Some venues allow it, some don't. Here's a link to contact customer service: [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2013 23:35

with sssoul
JaIsNotDead

You need to contact the organizers to find out whether they'll let you authorize someone else to pick up your will-call ticket.
Some venues allow it, some don't. Here's a link to contact customer service: [uksupport.frontgatetickets.com]

I'll gladly take it if it's possible. grinning smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 7, 2013 00:40

Something new on the BST website ???

Bocca Di Lupo - 6 July - Backstage Restaurant Package

Bocca Di Lupo - Backstage Restaurant Package - 6 July

Exclusive 4 course menu with wine pairing. See full Menu

- Tier 2 standing ticket
- 10.30 sitting – unlimited wine service
- Access to the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 7, 2013 02:48

Rolling Hansie
Something new on the BST website ???

Bocca Di Lupo - 6 July - Backstage Restaurant Package

Bocca Di Lupo - Backstage Restaurant Package - 6 July

Exclusive 4 course menu with wine pairing. See full Menu

- Tier 2 standing ticket
- 10.30 sitting – unlimited wine service
- Access to the Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar

After it is mostly sold out, we will learn that Bocca Di Lupo is located in Chelsea with bus service t/f Hyde Park, but don't worry, Mr Hallett will ensure you will be taken care of like never before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-07 02:51 by IGTBA.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: April 7, 2013 04:15

JaIsNotDead

I'm interested in a deal with you.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 7, 2013 04:24

I have kept quite on this topic while I have watched the mess unfold but will now make a few comments.

I think the whole situation is very sad indeed. I strongly believe there were genuine good intentions from the band to allow the front places to be occupied by loyal fans (anyone willing to queue most of the day). Sadly the agencies and management the band employ aren't up to the job of thinking these things through and executing the bands wishes because they don't care, are so out of touch with their customers and treat them with so little respect.

I don't believe that the information was deliberately inaccurate in order to sell the tickets faster. It was just sloppy, carefree management. Had the information been correct in advance the tickets would still have "sold out" in minutes and everyone would have bought the option they wanted. Hard core fans would have bought the £95 tickets and those that want to turn up late and get a fairly decent spot would have paid the £399. In this instance the Stones would have got loads of great PR for being "cool" allowing the best spots to be general admission for under £100.

I totally sympathise with those that bought Tier 1 tickets, they were excited to have scored the best spots based on the information provided and are now being told that doesn't exist. A refund or "downgrade" doesn't really make up for that disappointment. The saddest thing here is that it is some of the most loyal fans that fought hard and paid a lot to get Tier 1 tickets that have been left disappointed when they would have been delighted with the truth in advance! I know I fought hard for Tier 1 with a big team in support and got nothing.

It is worth remembering that most of the ticket holders will be blissfully unaware of the entire situation. The vast majority who are Tier 3 ticket holders will be pleasantly surprised when they turn up on the day but AEG need to have a strategy on how they are going to deal with Tier 1 ticket holders. I would suggest they write to them all, with the accurate map, asking if they want a refund or downgrade. If they don't they will end up with a lot of very unhappy people on the night who probably could / should demand a full refund having enjoyed the show from a place significantly less desirable than the one they paid for.

For me personally the story so far is a little better. Although it does expose another common fraud in concert promoting that should be made illegal. I bought my Tier 3 tickets late on Friday night long after they were "sold out in 5 minutes". I bet anything there are still more to be released although we shall see. Of course I bought Tier 3 armed with the new information that they gave access to the area directly in front of the stage. So AEG can't now go back to the original plan without defrauding me.... I think that's what you call between a rock and a hard place :-)

It's a really sad day when such a great idea could have got the band I love lots of positive feeling but instead it has ended up screwing some of their most loyal fans because of sloppy management. My agency works for many of the biggest technology, fashion and consumer goods companies in the world, if we screwed something up this badly I would expect, and deserve, to get fired.

One could argue it doesn't matter because the Stones are 'too big to fail' but it's not really suitable as a project for life to treat others with such disrespect. The Stones should take note that it's a relatively small concentration of loyal fans that make up a large portion of the revenue. Just look at the twitter numbers:

GRRRegory who gives out vital ticket information has 9,180 followers
Ronnie who is generally awesome has 58,908 followers
The legendary Keith Richards has 173,775 followers
The Rolling Stones themselves have 335,260 followers
Mick Jagger has a respectable 370,214 followers
Entrepreneur Richard Branson has 3,092,011 followers
Justin Bieber has 37,170,662 followers

Enough said.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 7, 2013 04:56

Thanks for this Matt.

Have a great time!

Date: April 7, 2013 08:27

People always want what they can't get.

That's why it's very common for major gigs to "sell out" fast while in fact they are not.

Tickets are going to be dropped later on. How often do you see this in concerts? All the time!

Could also be a system issue. The ticket selling system says "sold out" but after a while some credit card transactions fail or what not, and the previously reserved tickets go back to the system. This is very common as well.

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 08:32

Something else that has happened over the recent years, in my opinion, is that concerts, in general, have become 'events' so as to attract customers that wouldn't normally have gone. I'm sure, in days of old, there weren't 'Hospitality Packages'..'Golden Circles'.. 'Glamping' at Glastonbury etc...but the promoters have identified a market and now exploit it.
It leaves someone who's a genuine fan stuck in the middle..The concerts these days are generally so large, that for me, being stuck at the back of a stadium or field means nothing...there's no connection with the band, their large video screen and wind blown sound system..I really cant justify the prices charged for the better areas..so don't go..
I've rediscovered my enjoyment of 'live music' by seeing bands play in smaller venues, pubs and clubs.
It is a shame it's changed like this..and I feel for those who spent their hard earned money on what should have been something special for them.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 7, 2013 11:41

Well said Matt, thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 7, 2013 12:41

IGTBA
After it is mostly sold out, we will learn that Bocca Di Lupo is located in Chelsea with bus service t/f Hyde Park, but don't worry, Mr Hallett will ensure you will be taken care of like never before.

Yeah, after your meal you get a massage with a happy ending, followed by a Jacuzzi, then get get carried to the gig on your own throne. Hey Bocca Di Lupo is in Soho, after all. I suppose it's better than catering by Sticky Fingers?

Lee

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home