Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:05

Father Ted
odean73
Flights booked from spain, fly in on the saturday at stanstead around !5.00 and fly back out at 7.30 on the next morning. Tight schedule i know, but after missing the 02 concerts last year i knew i had to see them in an iconic venue and just to see them.

With that tight scedule dont think i will bother with hotels and just need to sort my transfer from stanstead to hyde park and back.

Appreciate any info regarding transport from stanstead.

odean

You can get the Stansted Express train (runs 24hrs afaik) from the airport station to Liverpool Street station in central London and then get the tube to Green Park station.

Thanks for the info, will take a look.

People having trouble with concert tickets im having problems booking flight tickets, thought i had booked them and then recieve an unconfirmed booking message, thought it was going too good.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:06

benstones
I couldn't have tickets on Internet so I called the number for VIP tickets (AEG Hospitality) of BON JOVI + ROLLING STONES. I didn't have any problem to order.
It's just that it's much more expensive but I'm telling myself that it's soon the end...

The Rock Garden – Tier One Standing
Two Nights of live music featuring Bon Jovi and The Rolling Stones
• Standing ticket located in tier one standing
• Selection of street food offers available
• Inclusive beer, wine soft drinks throughout the day
• Dedicated hospitality entrance
• Souvenir tour badge & lanyard
• Event lanyard
• Access to post show party
£921.60 per person

Well if you like Bon Jovi it's not that bad of a deal, you get free drinks and I suppose access to the "unwind bar"...where we wil have to pay for drinks...maybe with one free one?

Seeing how many folks got locked out of GC/T2 or even GA/T3 I wish I had bought the two GC/T2 tickets I had in my Seeticket basket to pass them on like I did yesterday for the presale ticket I got...we should try to get some kind of group purchases organized, not easy of course.

@TooTough - good point about the Still Life colors, my first album too!

Looking forward to seeing the actual "chart" for HP they are tweeting about, I still think the "FOS" claim for GA will be limited to the sides as seen in the BJ chart I'll post again...'cos I like it ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 13:07 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 5, 2013 13:12

beepee2
Odean73: check the easybus (part of easyjet), you can get your return for 10 to 20pounds generally.

They transfer from all the airports, to a few central london spots.

Near Hyde Park I'd say the Baker Street spot, or Victoria spot, from there you can quietly walk to the park in around 20min but it's a nice walk (you could see Baker street, or buckingham and stjames park if you arrive from Victoria).

Thanks for the info, will check it out.thumbs up

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:16

Anyone knows how many people there will be in the DC and GC? Got my GC tickets with the access to the unwind bar. Don`t want to be too far from the stage, but not sure if I will be close enough with the GC ticket...

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:19

Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:24

thunderball
Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:25

thunderball
Christos

Totally agree. thumbs up

Don´t worry, this tour is the last one were you can complain.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:25

odean73
Father Ted
odean73
Flights booked from spain, fly in on the saturday at stanstead around !5.00 and fly back out at 7.30 on the next morning. Tight schedule i know, but after missing the 02 concerts last year i knew i had to see them in an iconic venue and just to see them.

With that tight scedule dont think i will bother with hotels and just need to sort my transfer from stanstead to hyde park and back.

odean

You can get the Stansted Express train (runs 24hrs afaik) from the airport station to Liverpool Street station in central London and then get the tube to Green Park station.

People having trouble with concert tickets im having problems booking flight tickets, thought i had booked them and then recieve an un

confirmed booking message, thought it was going too good.

EasyJet flies to London Luton airport, which also has a mainline rail link to central London.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:36

gotdablouse
Well if you like Bon Jovi it's not that bad of a deal, you get free drinks and I suppose access to the "unwind bar"...where we wil have to pay for drinks...maybe

Pardon? Where did you find that information?

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 13:46

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:34 by Sister Marie.

Date: April 5, 2013 13:50

Well talking to others in the "Unwind Bar" and looking closely at the description I've posted it a few times before (below again), where nothing "free/Inclusive " is mentioned, and at the description of the two-nighter/T1 where "Inclusive of" is mentioned, I think one can only come to the conclusion that the "Unwind Bar Package" is a right to access a bar with toilets/cloakroom/Seats, etc...immediately in the vicinity of the stage but where you'll have to whip out cash to get the goods! I'd like to be proven wrong of course !

Oh I was going to repost the description but I see we have a topic now : [www.iorr.org] ;-)

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:00

In the news one minute ago: sold out in 3 minutes!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:01 by steffiestones.

Date: April 5, 2013 14:02

Father Ted
odean73
Father Ted
odean73

odean

People having trouble with concert tickets im having problems booking flight tickets, thought i had booked them and then recieve an un

confirmed booking message, thought it was going too good.

EasyJet flies to London Luton airport, which also has a mainline rail link to central London.

I can take a second look now that my original flights dont exsist, thanks.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:06

Anyone else here intrigued by the appearance of King Charles?

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:09

belld
teleblaster
Any of you going to the St Giles? Looks like ten of us are!
Yep Mr T we are going to the rabbit warren. The Jumpin JOCK Flash clans are gathering. Watch out Vikings the Bravehearts will drink the bar dry. Especially Rab C Teleblaster and ra wee Ting.

Leash and muzzle for the Ting has been ordered. You're no slouch yersel in the dramming stakes. Do you reckon there will be sufficient Grouse in the building (in addition to your own personal supply, of course)?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:11

Date: April 5, 2013 14:22

Father Ted
odean73

odean

After having a quick look, i think my best bit would go from liverpool street to marble arch on the central line,looks like only one or no changes.

Is there more than one liverpool street?

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:27

JUST A COTTON-PICKIN' MINUTE!!!

I bought "GA Tier 2 - access to an area closer to the stage than general admission"

So what the hell is this about?

Mr Hallett promised that anyone who has secured the basic £95 ticket will be able to get a ringside view on July 6.

“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.

“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.

[www.standard.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:28 by nobodyimportant.

Date: April 5, 2013 14:31

Yeah, odd, but still consistent with this methinks :

Maybe that guy thinks there were some GA "Hospitality" packages ?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:31

<<< Hospitality packages of up to £300 had prompted disgruntlement among fans after the concert was announced. But Mr Hallett promised that anyone who has secured the basic £95 ticket will be able to get a ringside view on July 6.

“The band wanted the regular ticket-holders to be right at the front of the stage staring at the whites of their eyes, not 200 yards away,” he said.

“The people who have coughed up for hospitality packages will get looked after in a way they have never known before. But when the doors open, if you can run faster than the next guy, it will be like any other general admission gig.” >>>

Well, that'll be interesting then. Can't wait to see this OFFICIAL diagram of the layout, after the Stones tweeted that we should ignore the various ones in circulation at the moment, because they're incorrect ............. ??? !!!

As far as I'm concerned, the information that was available to everybody during presales and the public sale clearly stated that in order of price going from high to low, DIAMOND meant front of stage, GOLD was behind and to the extreme sides of the DIAMOND semi-circle, and GA was behind GOLD - with no physical contact with the front of stage line - as it were.

So how exactly £95 GA ticket holders are going to find themselves at the front of the stage, I cannot rightly imagine really.

Anyone else have any ideas ?

Tell you one thing, if the DIAMOND Tier 1 ticket holders get f***ed as far as access to the front of stage, there's gonna be uproar, so I only hope Mr Hallett of AEG has got his facts straight before he starts claiming in earnest that ticketholders who paid £300 (i.e. £95 as opposed to £399) less have access to the same area. Sorry matey boy, that ain't gonna wash ............ !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:32 by paulywaul.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:33

Beast

They just tweeted that £95 tix will get you FOS and to ignore the bogus layout plan circulating - the online real plan will come soon.

This is a new stage so who knows what it'll look like. Maybe there'll be a kind of pit area with a walkway around that has the GA area at the end of it?

Most intriguing, Beast. Believe it when I see it, but I might be hauling myself up to HP at the crack of dawn if this is true...

Lee

Date: April 5, 2013 14:35

Maybe the diamond and gold sections are two separate sections within the tongue - and GA starts from the tip of the tongue backwards. That would make more sense I think ...........

Date: April 5, 2013 14:35

Look at the diagram for BJ I reposted above and again below, it's consistent with what he says, down to the "ringside", the only inconsistency is the "£299" package that he seems to think was sold for GA.

I hope but very much doubt they will trot out the tongue, setting up a DC and GC to "contain" 60000 (or whatever 65000-GC-DC is) people behind isn't done overnight and since BJ are playing on the 5th they'll just keep the setup as is and that seems fair to me. You can get reasonably close in the center and FOS on the sides with a GA.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:40 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:36

Perhaps the maps we saw are all wrong, the stage could be in the center of the place, who knows? cool smiley

More likely, according to this layout, probably the return of the tongue between the golden area and GA... Remember the B-Stage in 2007, etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:43 by Sister Marie.

Date: April 5, 2013 14:41

odean73
Father Ted
odean73

odean

After having a quick look, i think my best bit would go from liverpool street to marble arch on the central line,looks like only one or no changes.

Flights booked and got them for £60 cheaper as well, happy days.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:45

Official plan now on Twitter. It makes no sense at all

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 5, 2013 14:48

odean73
Father Ted
odean73

odean

No, there's only one Liverpool Street train station.

Date: April 5, 2013 14:49

MrsEdithGrove
Official plan now on Twitter. It makes no sense at all

Fully agree 100, what the f**k is this ? There ISN'T EVEN A DIAMOND MARKED AREA. Are they nuts ?

Thats crazy.

Posted by: The Worst. ()

Now, if thisis the set up, I feel duped by the organizers who sold me a so called Tier 2 ticket. If this plan had been avaliable at the time, I would of course have purchased a regular GA ticket and made it all the way to the front.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 14:52 by The Worst..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home