Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: Christos ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:44

paulywaul
thunderball
Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes perhaps, but if at the time and point of sale it clearly states that there are such arrangements, then at the very least they should exist as described. This is not the case here, it is a case of blatant deceit !!

Whether or not you think there should or should not be such layout is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that tickets were sold WITHOUT a layout diagram, but WITH a written description of what money bought what ticket and WHERE !!

What has happened now is that with release of the layout diagram, it is clear that the written description of the different ticket price categories was misleading, in fact it was WHOLLY INACCURATE.

THAT .... is fraud. THAT .... is wilful deceit, THAT .... is unacceptable.

Hey, I wrote that post above long before the plan was revealed. Of course it's a fraud if you asked me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:46

Paulywaul and all, can you please repost in the dedicated thread : [www.iorr.org] ("SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?" ) so we can try to get the full picture for people stumbling on the issue, thanks !

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:46

gotdablouse
Paulywaul and all, can you please repost in the dedicated thread : [www.iorr.org] ("SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ?" ) so we can try to get the full picture for people stumbling on the issue, thanks !

I feel better using this thread. More confusing with two diffrent threads on the same event. I have a feeling bv will merge them anyway.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:47

Christos

In my humble opinion, golden, platinum, diamond, etc circles are ridiculous for a rock n roll band. Being closer to the stage should be a matter of how early you arrive, not how much money you can afford to spend.

Yes, everybody agrees on that sould be the principle, but Stones have had Golden Circles or concepts like that since...what?...2005?
And the recent seating arrangements and prices for the "50 and counting"-concerts
have left fans to buy tickets believing this arrangement was similar. It was written and presentet to us that way. So I think thats the issue to discuss smiling smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:49

The Worst.

At the moment, I'm very happy, that I got no tix!!

It looks like a big chaos!!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:50

Ladykiller
The Worst.

At the moment, I'm very happy, that I got no tix!!

It looks like a big chaos!!

PS: People who bought Diamond Circle & Golden Circle tix should sue the promoter, when this map is really the right one!!!

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: April 5, 2013 15:51

RobberBride
Christos

Yes, everybody agrees on that sould be the principle, but Stones have had Golden Circles or concepts like that since...what?...2005?
And the recent seating arrangements and prices for the "50 and counting"-concerts
have left fans to buy tickets believing this arrangement was similar. It was written and presentet to us that way. So I think thats the issue to discuss smiling smiley

Damm people, my post was before the tickets plan was published! It's not my fault they cheated everybody and I do agree people have every right to feel deceived.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:00

Micks saying to himself when he sees this fiasco..................................''We've done it again Lads. F***ed them up well and truly. The fans and the scalpers don't know whether there coming or going. ''

Sad but true unfortunately. sad smiley

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:02

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this plan!

I'm extremely dubious this is correct, who puts this stuff up there for goodness sake?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:02

Christos
RobberBride
Christos

Damm people, my post was before the tickets plan was published! It's not my fault they cheated everybody and I do agree people have every right to feel deceived.

He he OK OK. No harm done brother! Im sorry I vented my frustration against you when its others to blame! My bad.
Friends?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 16:03 by RobberBride.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:04

paulywaul
thunderball
Christos

Totally agree. thumbs up

Yes perhaps, but if at the time and point of sale it clearly states that there are such arrangements, then at the very least they should exist as described. This is not the case here, it is a case of blatant deceit !!

Whether or not you think there should or should not be such layout is immaterial, the fact of the matter is that tickets were sold WITHOUT a layout diagram, but WITH a written description of what money bought what ticket and WHERE !!

What has happened now is that with release of the layout diagram, it is clear that the written description of the different ticket price categories was misleading, in fact it was WHOLLY INACCURATE.

THAT .... is fraud. THAT .... is wilful deceit, THAT .... is unacceptable.

Mate. Don't have a pop at me. It's not my fault things have gone sour. I was following up on a comment made earlier today before the layout was tweeted. I get no joy out of seeing others fans mislead.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:11

Why is it that it's this band that always finds new and innovative ways to cheat their most loyal fans!?

I'd rather pay 700 USD in the US, where I know what I get for that.

This is so ubelievable!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:29

I bought the gold tier tickets, and if the gold section is close enough but off to the side, I'd probably be OK with it. The benefit for me is not having to line up at 8:00 a.m., stand in line for 4 hours, then stand in the sun/rain for 10 hours just to hold my position to see the Stones (I did that for Live 8 and it was torture). I'll have dinner, get to the park around 7:30 pm and hope for the best. I suspect they'll figure out a way to get the diamond circle folks to the front of the stage. The Stones management has been selling these VIP packages for 10 years or so, and I've never heard anyone really complain, so they know what they're doing.

Well, if there's a silver lining to this chaos, perhaps the scalpers will take a bath on those diamond and gold tickets.

On the bright side, is anyone impressed that our boys were able to sell out Hyde Park in 5 minutes?

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:31

drbryant
I bought the gold tier tickets, and if the gold section is close enough but off to the side, I'd probably be OK with it. The benefit for me is not having to line up at 8:00 a.m., stand in line for 4 hours, then stand in the sun/rain for 10 hours just to hold my position to see the Stones (I did that for Live 8 and it was torture). I'll have dinner, get to the park around 7:30 pm and hope for the best. I suspect they'll figure out a way to get the diamond circle folks to the front of the stage. The Stones management has been selling these VIP packages for 10 years or so, and I've never heard anyone really complain, so they know what they're doing.

Well, if there's a silver lining to this chaos, perhaps the scalpers will take a bath on those diamond and gold tickets.

On the bright side, is anyone impressed that our boys were able to sell out Hyde Park in 5 minutes?

That's just a mess, they have put so many layers of marketing/promoters/sellers/PR, that they don't even know what they're all doing with the spectator area.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:35

''On the bright side, is anyone impressed that our boys were able to sell out Hyde Park in 5 minutes?''

Scalpers 40,000 v Fans and music enthusiasts 25,000.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:41

crawdaddy
''On the bright side, is anyone impressed that our boys were able to sell out Hyde Park in 5 minutes?''

Scalpers 40,000 v Fans and music enthusiasts 25,000.

Yes. I was thinking that earlier. When BST was launched they had Bon Jovi sitting next to some festival guy who said he was thrilled to have the biggest band in the world playing there. Turns out he wasn't talking about Bon Jovi.grinning smiley

Date: April 5, 2013 16:46

drbryant

Now I´ve got an idea: this is all done on purpose, it has system:

The scalpers will not be able to sell those overprized tickets and on showday everything will be like we originally thought......

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:50

ThroughTheLonelyNights
drbryant

Now I´ve got an idea: this is all done on purpose, it has system:

The scalpers will not be able to sell those overprized tickets and on showday everything will be like we originally thought......

.... but with a much smaller crowd grinning smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 5, 2013 16:59

If (and that's a big IF) this is true then WELL DONE, it's about @#$%& time the Stones had a proper GA outdoor gig

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:15

This map must be a joke, right?

If not, then I donno what to do. I have a Golden ticket. Should we all sue the promotor or what? How can they first sell 65 k tickets and then only tell people that: hahha look where you end up.

Please tell me this is a joke....

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:21

Jan Richards

If not, then I donno what to do. I have a Golden ticket. Should we all sue the promotor or what? How can they first sell 65 k tickets and then only tell people that: hahha look where you end up.

Jan, this is published on their official Twitter account http://pic.twitter.com/2kIYC2NB0X ... ...

I have also a Tier 2 Ticket and just sent a mail via BST web form and complaint about that ... I think it is legally a fraud ...

Andreas

Date: April 5, 2013 17:24

Guys -> [www.iorr.org] : "SUMMARY - Confusion on "Seating Chart" at Hyde Park ! Rip-off for Diamond/T1 and Gold/T2 Tickets ? "

@ ThroughTheLonelyNights - interesting thoughts (preventing the scalpers from selling T1/T2 tickets) except that if they don't clarify quickly I'm thinking the lawsuits are going to come in left and right (class action ?) and there will be no show on the 6th !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 17:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:27

arc-angel
Jan Richards

Jan, this is published on their official Twitter account http://pic.twitter.com/2kIYC2NB0X ... ...

I have also a Tier 2 Ticket and just sent a mail via BST web form and complaint about that ... I think it is legally a fraud ...

Andreas

They told everybody yesterday that a £95 ticket could get you up in front. Gold circle is still up front but left of the stage. Nothing wrong with that.

Date: April 5, 2013 17:29

What some chimp says on twitter will likely pale in comparison to the descriptions on the official festival website selling the tickets...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:30

JumpinJeppeFlash
arc-angel
Jan Richards

Andreas

They told everybody yesterday that a £95 ticket could get you up in front. Gold circle is still up front but left of the stage. Nothing wrong with that.

What are you talking about?
According to the map, the gold circle is not anywhere close to be front of stage.
It's behind and too far on the side. Certainly not "closer to the stage than general admission".

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: April 5, 2013 17:36

Maybe move the show to "Sherwood Forest" because I'm sensing this GA Area is one up for Robin Hood and his merry men !!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:06

My opinion is, if they want to do a second show on the 13th, they must had to have already been announced.
I'm afraid there will no be a second show.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:10

steffiestones
My opinion is, if they want to do a second show on the 13th, they must had to have already been announced.
hmm maybe, but it's kinda like a festival. so it might needs some time to find acts for the July 13 date? i don't know if all the bands that are playing are on july 6 available on july 13.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 18:10 by samunknown.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:14

steffiestones

Why? Sorry, don't follow the logic here.
They have only announced the first couple of line-ups so far.
There are still four more dates to announce officially.

Lee

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 5, 2013 18:22

Patience, my darlings.
Guess it will be announced next tuesday.

Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home