Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:07

gotdablouse

That link doesn't work anymore, this one does it seems : [barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com] with T3 available but no access to the Bar for some reason.

This is for the Bar:

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:20

Yeah it was in the text, I edited my previous message ;-)

Today was a zoo, can't imagine how bad it's going to be tomorrow, unless they farm out the sales to a better site. There was clearly a problem this morning because when I got in at something like 9:04 BST and for several more minutes I could select as many DC/T1 tickets I wanted and it always looped back with an error!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:21

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

"CAN I LEAVE THE FESTIVAL AND RE-ENTER AS I LIKE?
There is no re-entry once leaving the site."

So if you show up early to watch one of the early acts, you can't sit down for a bite outside the park before returning for the Stones later in the evening?

This is stupid IMO.

Date: April 4, 2013 20:23

Grison
RobberBride
Grison
managed diamond circle just now, but with the beer thing.
So one can have the beer and wine and I can have the front row cool smiley

Wow, lucky you!
Had GA Tier 2 with beer just now, but passed. Really Want the GA1 like you, but now it seems they have taken Stones away from the ticketpage. Hopefully to add something :/

I was kicked out, I waited, the only one ticket popped up then thrown out again. Then Time OUT during the form, then kicked out and suddenly I could have scored 4 tickets. But I was hard enough and ticked only two which I got.

Well done, see you in T1 and/or in the bar, I'm sure we can get organized and save spots earned based on arrival order ;-)

Rolling Stones at Hyde Park, London, 6th July 2013... we're coming!!!
Date: April 4, 2013 20:27

Yeaah, we got two GA Tier 1 Tix with access to the bar... hoping to see many guys of you smiling bouncing smiley!!! Please note, that there are currently tix available... I try, and I try and I try smoking smiley!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:28

From Stones on Facebook

Contrary to reports in the press, if you buy a £95 ticket to see the Stones in Hyde Park you have the opportunity to go right to the front of the stage, where the action is!

Date: April 4, 2013 20:38

mtaylor
From Stones on Facebook

Contrary to reports in the press, if you buy a £95 ticket to see the Stones in Hyde Park you have the opportunity to go right to the front of the stage, where the action is!

So what is the point with gold and diamond circles then?

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:40

The Worst.
mtaylor
From Stones on Facebook

D'you want the brutal, honest truth? To get a heap of money out of people who'll panic buy as soon as tickets go on sale.

Date: April 4, 2013 20:42

Well if you go by the BJ setup (HP or not, no one really knows) that could well be true...but very much on the sides and better be there very early!

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:43

The Worst.
mtaylor
From Stones on Facebook

These are areas directly in front of the stage. From the Bon Jovi configuration it is evident that GA can get to the front but at the sides.

Date: April 4, 2013 20:45

I see viagogo operates with a diffrent setup.
Don't know if will be this way or not.

[www.viagogo.com]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:46

Yes, it might be possible for early birds to be at the sides in GA. I buy GC precisely to avoid having to wait for hours. Regarding the GC size this is what it was like before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 20:47 by rebelrebel.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: April 4, 2013 20:49

Well, I am not bothered about being right at the front, but I don't want to have to stay in the same place the entire day to keep my spot. I am only 5'1" so don't want to be stuck at the back of the field where I'll see & hear nothing. So I'm happy with Tier 2, means I'll be not too far away but able to move around a bit.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:00

GA Tier 2 tickets available on this link right now, seemingly:

[barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Weighed in for a couple of Tier 1 Bar tickets this afternoon at about 3pm.

Still feel a little sick at the thought of the price....

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:02

Was the duration of the Hyde Park show in 1969 really only 53 minutes??

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:07

Ladykiller
Was the duration of the Hyde Park show in 1969 really only 53 minutes??

No, about 82 minutes. Sympathy For The Devil alone, lasted 17 minutes

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:09

Nice pr for Stones on Bollboard

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: hoopsmccann ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:10

I'm 28 years old.. Been an obsessive stones fan all my life. Had a Gold Circle for Slane 2007 but had to miss it due to severe illness... Just got a pre-sale GA for Hyde Park thanks to the links ye have been providing.

Thanks to your guys help this'll be my very first stones gig

I'm so happy I could cry

Thanks guys

Date: April 4, 2013 21:29

I just hope that the Stones will play a full set (let´s say 2 hours).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 21:36 by TooTough.

Date: April 4, 2013 21:40

Apparently they played a pretty long set at the Isle of White? Not sure who was on the bill over there but at HP on the 6th, there's clearly no doubt that 99.9% of the audience will be there for the Stones so...full set guys!

@hoopsmccann - welcome on board this crazy ship! Glad the links helped and the countdown to your first gig has started! The best part is the...wait they say ;-)

Date: April 4, 2013 21:40

Hyde Park isn't really a festival in any sense, so in the past the headliners at things like Hard Rock Calling have always played full headline sets.

The same will almost certainly apply for the Stones.

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:42

In response to the Facebook comments about GA ticket holders being able to get to the front, there's now a seating (or should I say standing) chart on Ticketmaster, although I can't post the link from this iPad.

The GA sections at the front are right at the far sides.

Date: April 4, 2013 21:44

Date: April 4, 2013 21:45

MrsEdithGrove
In response to the Facebook comments about GA ticket holders being able to get to the front, there's now a seating (or should I say standing) chart on Ticketmaster, although I can't post the link from this iPad.

The GA sections at the front are right at the far sides.

Here you go:

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:49

Going to Hyde Park, just got one of the poverty tickets.As this is a day festival, I believe that as headliners they will be playing a full set. Bruce did last year. I hope that some jobsworth does not ruin the fun!!! Looking forward to the adorable old codgers again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 21:51 by desertblues68.

Date: April 4, 2013 21:55

gotdablouse
Apparently they played a pretty long set at the Isle of White?

Not really:

The Rolling Stones
Isle of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, IOW, UK
Sunday June 10, 2007
The set list

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Rough Justice
Love In Vain (with guest Paolo Nutini)
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Ain't Too Proud To Beg (with guest Amy Winehouse)
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
I Wanna Hold You (Keith)
Slipping Away (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Satisfaction (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

The Rolling Stones : 9:13pm - 10:46pm

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 21:59

rebelrebel

If this resembles the setup at the Stones gig, I'm content to be centre front of GA; it's not that far from the stage.

This reminds me a bit of what happened when I saw Springsteen a few years ago at the Emirates stadium. I had a GA ticket there, but (unbeknownst to me) there was a cordoned-off area right in front of the stage. After a couple of numbers I noticed some people gathering near a tower (mixing desk?). Out of curiosity, I wandered over and found out they were giving away passes to the restricted area...so I grabbed one, and spent the rest of the gig about 30 feet away from Bruce!

Highly unlikely this will occur at HP, of course...but suppose loads of GC/DC tickets sitting on Viagog etc. don't sell? The band might not be keen on a sparsely-populated area right in front of them. OK, pigs might fly, but you never know!

Anyhow, if the format is anything like this aerial photo displays, I'll be at the gates super early, even if I do have to sit through a load of bands I've no interest in! Even if there is an O2 scenario, with burnt punters trying to offload the best tickets 5 minutes before the gig, it's not worth taking the risk this time, seeing as I have already scored a ticket.

Hate to say this, having seen all the problems people have had in the presale, but my purchase this morning was pretty straightforward...yeah, I got the 'no tickets available' message a couple of times, but the time-stamp on my ticket confirmation email was 09:07...it probably only took me 5 minutes to do the deal! Also...I had all the crap about signing in on one window, but on the other one I had open, where I went directly from the link on the official Stones site, it just took me straight there! All this corporate crap with gigs being run by banks gets on my wick...but I suppose on this occasion it worked in my favour. I'm old enough to remember the 'good old days' of queuing overnight to secure a good seat. Not sure I would be up to that anymore!

Remember the golden rule: Don't Panic. Only a matter of time before they add the following Saturday. To quote Roger Daltrey, 'be lucky'.

Lee

Date: April 4, 2013 22:02

Yeah only about 15 songs they usually play about 19 to 20 plus. Hope they do two a two hours plus set. Would like to hear their cover of Little Red Rooster.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 4, 2013 22:02

desertblues68
Going to Hyde Park, just got one of the poverty tickets.

...or sensibly-priced tickets, depending on your perspective.smiling smiley

Date: April 4, 2013 22:08

Yeah you are right, but could not get sensibly priced ticket for the 02 performances and almost had a nervous breakdown. This time it was so stress free I am actually dancing to Exile!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home