Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 show planning
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:42

yessssss!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 9, 2013 07:57

nobodyimportant
sjs12
nothing will placate the latter other than a reorganisation of the entire event and layout to suit their own expectations. Not even a refund and option to have t3 tickets.

You have it the wrong way round. Our expectations were based on what was sold to us. The "reorganisation" has been done subsequently.

Exactly!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2013 08:39

Hey DOXA, I've been right with you on all your posts on this mess, but I want to clarify re the 1969 free concert. Keep in mind, once again, that was THEN...
I was around for all the hustle re the proposed free concert. Abbie Hoffman and all the "peace and love" types were HOUNDING the Stones re a free one. Tickets at that time for paid gigs were six or seven dollars and no one was complaining. Sam Cutler was rather naive re the SF scene and it all, as we know, got terribly out of hand. The Stones really weren't worrying about "image" at that particular time in California. They were "Godlike" then.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: April 9, 2013 08:51

Per-Arne
Hyde Park 13 July is confirmed on RS.com

Per-Arne

Lucky Harm!! Time to think what do......

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 9, 2013 09:58

Hi
Maybe this was already covered but I can't go through 21 pages at the moment... smiling smiley
How does 'will call' pick up option work at Hyde Park? Is it safe for me to choose it? I always feel comfortable having a ticket in my hand but the price they ask for sending is not acceptable for me.
thanks in advance.
Adam

Date: April 9, 2013 10:20

Adams
Hi
Maybe this was already covered but I can't go through 21 pages at the moment... smiling smiley
How does 'will call' pick up option work at Hyde Park? Is it safe for me to choose it? I always feel comfortable having a ticket in my hand but the price they ask for sending is not acceptable for me.
thanks in advance.
Adam

I feel very comfortable with will call actually. I think you need your ID and reference number (+ creditcard to be sure)

Date: April 9, 2013 10:29

Presale again april 11th for those who signed in? (not the Barclayholders I mean)

Date: April 9, 2013 10:38

Harm
Adams
Hi
thanks in advance.
Adam

I feel very comfortable with will call actually. I think you need your ID and reference number (+ creditcard to be sure)

Thanks Harm. I was wondering if it is not too crowded with huge queues with such an amount of people going in...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 9, 2013 14:06

Anyone seen any links to pre-sales for the 13th yet ?

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 9, 2013 14:13

stonesrule
Hey DOXA, I've been right with you on all your posts on this mess, but I want to clarify re the 1969 free concert. Keep in mind, once again, that was THEN...
I was around for all the hustle re the proposed free concert. Abbie Hoffman and all the "peace and love" types were HOUNDING the Stones re a free one. Tickets at that time for paid gigs were six or seven dollars and no one was complaining. Sam Cutler was rather naive re the SF scene and it all, as we know, got terribly out of hand. The Stones really weren't worrying about "image" at that particular time in California. They were "Godlike" then.

There were complaints about ticket prices for the 1969 USA tour.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 9, 2013 15:30

Harm
Presale again april 11th for those who signed in? (not the Barclayholders I mean)

Hope so.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: April 9, 2013 17:46

sister
Hello from Austria,
got my ticket, am so happyhot smiley, the bar thing GA Tier 1, hope, thats really the Diamond circle. And this time I'll take my camera with me, not only a smartphone,
see you!

How much the shipping cost you? I'm interested in, 'cause I'm from Hungary, close to you..

Posted by: belo99 ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:07

They charged 30 Pounds for international delivery !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:15

And even £90 for sending to Finland (£30 for shipping and £59,80 for "Delivery International mail" ) !!!

Having said that £30 can be viewed as some kind of insurance for the more expensive T1 and T2 tickets, less so for the £95 tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 19:31 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 9, 2013 18:27

And what is WILL CALL? Can I pick up my ticket anytime before the show (one day earlier for example) with that option or in a specific date?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:33

MoreFastNumbers
And what is WILL CALL? Can I pick up my ticket anytime before the show (one day earlier for example) with that option or in a specific date?

The equivalent term in the United Kingdom for purchases of tickets is COBO, an acronym for Care Of Box Office. Sometimes this term is only used internally in the box office/ticket office, with certain venues/sellers using the less confusing term "Collections" for the public. Normally in the UK the term used is 'at the door'; such as 'tickets can be collected at the door'.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 9, 2013 18:43

His Majesty, what are your sources for complaints about the price of tickets for the 1969 tour?

I am unaware of sane Stones fans complaining about paying six or seven dollars for tickets at that time.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 9, 2013 19:32

stonesrule
His Majesty, what are your sources for complaints about the price of tickets for the 1969 tour?

I am unaware of sane Stones fans complaining about paying six or seven dollars for tickets at that time.

Same as our sources for moans about prices today... The press. grinning smiley

Of course some people will moan regardless and some journalists will have their own axes to grind or agenda's to mouth off about.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:10

His Majesty
stonesrule

Of course some people will moan regardless and some journalists will have their own axes to grind or agenda's to mouth off about.

Yeah I recall reading that especially ROLLING STONE was vocal about it - and that had some effect on Jagger. But I trust stonerule's judgment concerning the point of view of "sane" fans. Also that the motivation (in Jagger's mind) being not "image" but more like being just a "cool" sounding thing to do at the time. My first hand knowledge is a bit limited since I was one years old at the time and lived in a different continent...grinning smiley

Ironical is that ROLLING STONE was then very strongly afterwards pointing their finger at the Stones as the guilty ones for Altamont's fiasco.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 20:21 by Doxa.

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:27

stonesrule
I am unaware of sane Stones fans complaining

Did or do they exist ?????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Date: April 9, 2013 20:40

So anyone going for the "double"? I was hesitant from the get go but after the T1/T2 fiasco, even more so...besides everyone who went to both O2 shows last year said the second one "wasn't the same", even though it was maybe better technically.

Having recently been to two concerts of a singer I like a lot spaced by 6 weeks I think I can relate to that. Yeah, it's not the Stones, but still...guess I'll see how it goes on the 6th. The US concerts will help too, if they play great stuff with Taylor, like Time Waits for No One, I guess it will be hard to resist!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 9, 2013 20:59

His Majesty
stonesrule

It's mentioned in Stanley Booth's book for sure, and isn't there a snippet about it in Gimme Shelter (the film, I mean)?
"We don't know that $7.50 is expensive - you have to tell us!" Jagger said (or something like that).
Ah here you go: [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 9, 2013 21:20

with sssoul
His Majesty
stonesrule

It's mentioned in Stanley Booth's book for sure, and isn't there a snippet about it in Gimme Shelter (the film, I mean)?
"We don't know that $7.50 is expensive - you have to tell us!" Jagger said (or something like that).
Ah here you go: [www.rollingstone.com]

Thanks, with sssoul!

Funnily, ROLLING STONE sounds really connecting the ticket price criticism and the need to do a free concert (and one can say, actually "morally" pushing the Stones to do it):

When Mick Jagger was confronted by this criticism at a press conference at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, he left the door slightly open to giving a free concert sometime during the 13-city, 18-concert tour, but his tone didn't seem too promising.

(But I leave this here - this thread is dedicated to a bit more recent show!grinning smiley)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-09 21:38 by Doxa.

Date: April 9, 2013 21:59

Has anyone from outside The UK ordered tickets from the festival webpage and not TM? I'd like to know what the delivery to Central Europe would be...

Date: April 9, 2013 22:19

As reported here we seem to have between £30 for "mainland" Europe and £90 for Finland (£30 for shipping and £59,80 for "Delivery International mail" ) !

You could try simulating a purchase of a Bon Jovi ticket or a hospitality package as they are still available, linky : [barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 9, 2013 22:53

Adams
Has anyone from outside The UK ordered tickets from the festival webpage and not TM? I'd like to know what the delivery to Central Europe would be...

Adams, BST told me 30 GBP would be the postage to the Central European country in your immediate vicinity :E
plus there were some assorted handling fees. The total quoted was 137 GBP.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 9, 2013 23:25

I don't know about anyone else but 95 GBP or 85 USD to see the Stones sounds like a bargain to me.

Date: April 9, 2013 23:30

with sssoul
Adams

Adams, BST told me 30 GBP would be the postage to the Central European country in your immediate vicinity :E

Thanks with sssoul and gotdablouse... I guess will try will call or print one myself... I guess the same price level would be for TM...

Date: April 9, 2013 23:48

Munichhilton
MoreFastNumbers

The equivalent term in the United Kingdom for purchases of tickets is COBO, an acronym for Care Of Box Office. Sometimes this term is only used internally in the box office/ticket office, with certain venues/sellers using the less confusing term "Collections" for the public. Normally in the UK the term used is 'at the door'; such as 'tickets can be collected at the door'.

Tkanks, it helped me a lot. And can I buy the ticket with WILL-CALL option anytime, eg one day before showtime, or just when the gates open?

Date: April 9, 2013 23:59

Adams
with sssoul
Adams

Thanks with sssoul and gotdablouse... I guess will try will call or print one myself... I guess the same price level would be for TM...

Print one myself? Is there such an option?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home