Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 2, 2013 22:43

Thanks Straycat and Samunknown thumbs up Glad to hear that we'll get a full show if they play!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2013 22:45

JumpinJackOLantern
straycatuk
phd
My understanding would then be : 8 arena shows in the US ( 2 MSG, 2 Boston, 2 LA, 1SF and 1 Vegas) and 1 show ( not 2 as unable to fill it) at London Olympic Stadium on Mick's birthday as a last bow.

phd, do you have any confirmation of this or is it just wishful thinking ?winking smiley

sc uk

My guess would be LA, SF, Seattle, Vancouver, and Las Vegas for the west and at least Boston and New York in the east.

Oh man I'm gettin' tingly!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 3, 2013 00:13

This is looking more and more like a farewell tour...it's not like them, I guess they'll keep their options open though. I can understand they wouldn't go for an exhausting tour like before, especially with nothing "new" to offer (I've heard of "surprises" from several sources though) but why only one (or two) date in Europe? If they think they can handle Glastonbury, they could play anywhere else. That can't be right...if the money's "right" there will be more shows in Europe, there are some offers on the table I understand!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 3, 2013 00:32

gotdablouse
This is looking more and more like a farewell tour...it's not like them, I guess they'll keep their options open though. I can understand they wouldn't go for an exhausting tour like before, especially with nothing "new" to offer (I've heard of "surprises" from several sources though) but why only one (or two) date in Europe? If they think they can handle Glastonbury, they could play anywhere else. That can't be right...if the money's "right" there will be more shows in Europe, there are some offers on the table I understand!

They have stated they are not retiring, so it is not a farewell tour. The "50 and Counting" title is intended to celebrate their past as well as their enduring longevity. It's 50 and counting, not 50 and stopping. They have simply made a scheduling adjustment in light of their age, because as Charlie has recently stated, they have reached the age where they can no longer do a 2-year tour and then take 2 years off the way they have done in recent decades. Now, the duration of their tours is more like in the mid-60s, short and concentrated but not overly grueling.

Rather than take another 2 years off from touring after this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they perform more regularly over the next 2 or 3 years, just a few shows here and there during one season of the year. This will leave more energy available for creative projects like new songs/album(s).

If they satisfied Europe's demand to see them perform live in 2013, then Europeans would not want to see them again so soon in 2014. It used to be that one big 2-year tour would satisfy demand all around for 3 years. But with just a few live dates at a time in select areas, demand remains perpetually high in other areas.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 3, 2013 01:00

tatters
BluzDude
tatters
BluzDude
Let's see, choices in L.A.......

Staples
Sports arena
Hollywood Bowl (always more expensive for the better seats)
Honda Center (Anaheim)
Home Depot Center (...a stadium, but smaller than most)
Forum? I think is currently under a renovation

...then you have the stadiums....god I hope not!

bv has already said it will be Staples earlier in this thread. It'll be the biggest thing to hit Staples since Michael Jackson's casket.

...he said probably in places like.....

He also said ....

Sure they could have played pubs and bars with no risk, but after 50 years I think they want to do like they did in the past, real great shows, real great stages, real great places (venues) and so on. That's why Las Vegas, Staples, Glastonbury and such places come into play...

That's twice bv has specifically mentioned Staples. That's as good as DONE DEAL, don't ya think?

I agree it's the odds on favorite.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 3, 2013 01:31

You know how many times he mentioned times they were going to tour and they didn't? Alot more than twice. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 3, 2013 01:58

Staples Center seems like a lock because people out there are used to (have no problem) paying huge money for Lakers games and would probably not blink at paying up to sell out 3-5 Stones shows, especially if they "sell it" as a limited tour.

I can aslo see them going back to China, there is plenty of money being easily spent on entertainment, and The Stones" behaved (censored themselves) last time, so they probably will ahve no problem going back. Then down to Brazil, where things seem to be booming economically... Then maybe back to entertain the high rollers in Vegas.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 3, 2013 03:42

Max'sKansasCity

Staples Center seems like a lock because people out there are used to (have no problem) paying huge money for Lakers games and would probably not blink at paying up to sell out 3-5 Stones shows, especially if they "sell it" as a limited tour.

Date: March 3, 2013 03:49

gotdablouse
This is looking more and more like a farewell tour.

The farewell tour was 2005-2007. What we're seeing now is the Stones following McCarteny's lead and sporadically playing a few selected shows here and there. Macca's been doing this since 2006 and it's something the Stones might still be able to do for at least several more years. We probably won't know which show is the last show until after it's happened, when, in the natural course of human events, something happens that makes it abundantly clear that there can never be any more Rolling Stones concerts, and that the most recent one was the last one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-03 08:15 by tatters.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 3, 2013 03:52

This will NOT be a 'farewell' tour! I don't care who claims it - BV or StonesDoug or the man in the moon!! Just because they both run websites, it doesn't mean thay know everything!

The 2013 tour will just be the 2013 tour! And, God willing, there will be more!!

confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-03 04:05 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 3, 2013 03:56

Cocaine Eyes
This will NOT be a 'farewell' tour! I don't care who claims it - BV or StonesDoug or the man in the moon!! Just beause they both run websites, it doesn't mean that know everything!

The 2013 tour will just be the 2013 tour! And, God willing, there will be more!!

confused smiley

I hope you're right Cocaine Eyes, I am just thankful they will be out on the road again this year. But, I don't recall BV saying it's a farewell tour...

Date: March 3, 2013 04:00

tatters
Max'sKansasCity

smileys with beer Jack will be there FOR SURE.

btw- Watching that clip of Jack flirting on Jennifer Lawrence (while she was mid-interview) after the Oscars this year was awesome(not sure if that is correct descriptive word).

Date: March 3, 2013 04:04

You're right - BV didn't say (to my knowledge) that this is a 'farewell tour'. But it seems to me that MANY posters here believe anything BV says and also MANY here are saying it is 'farewell tour'. If BV said they are playing in the Vatican in order to help elect the next Pope, most/all would believe it!!tongue sticking out smiley

I certainly wish BV would correct that info......or, place it the 'complaints' thread!!

Maybe we should also have a 'false info thread'?

confused smiley

Date: March 3, 2013 04:05

Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Can't remember the show or what DVD it's on, but there's footage somewhere of Jack talking about attending a Stones concert (VIP seats in a small venue) and almost having a heart attack. Apparently, it was all a little too much for him.

Date: March 3, 2013 04:08

tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Can't remember the show or what DVD it's on, but there's footage somewhere of Jack talking about attending a Stones concert (VIP seats in a small venue) and almost having a heart attack. Apparently, it was all a little too much for him.
smiling smiley I (think I) have read, a couple of times over the years, right here on IORR where people here say they saw Jack in both LA and in Vegas dancing around like a mad man at a Stones show. Gotta love it man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-03 04:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 3, 2013 04:13

Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

smiling smiley I (think I) have read, a couple of times over the years, right here on IORR where people here say they saw Jack in both LA and in Vegas dancing around like a mad man at a Stones show. Gotta love it man.

Found it.

Date: March 3, 2013 04:15

tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Found it.

NICE!! You are the VIDEO MAN tatters!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 3, 2013 05:47

BluzDude
tatters
BluzDude
tatters
BluzDude
Let's see, choices in L.A.......

Staples
Sports arena
Hollywood Bowl (always more expensive for the better seats)
Honda Center (Anaheim)
Home Depot Center (...a stadium, but smaller than most)
Forum? I think is currently under a renovation

...then you have the stadiums....god I hope not!

bv has already said it will be Staples earlier in this thread. It'll be the biggest thing to hit Staples since Michael Jackson's casket.

...he said probably in places like.....

He also said ....

Sure they could have played pubs and bars with no risk, but after 50 years I think they want to do like they did in the past, real great shows, real great stages, real great places (venues) and so on. That's why Las Vegas, Staples, Glastonbury and such places come into play...

That's twice bv has specifically mentioned Staples. That's as good as DONE DEAL, don't ya think?

I agree it's the odds on favorite.
Wonderful,a greatest hits show at ridiculous prices in a barn with crappy sound. No thanks.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 3, 2013 08:55

I know that I have done a lot of complaining about Staples sound...
but I must say this...
The last 2 shows I saw there, the Black Keys and Muse, both within the last 6 months...the sound was much better than any of the other concerts I've seen there. Maybe they upgraded their sound system or something.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2013 11:31

To Bjornulf

Could you give us a hint when the official tour announcement will be here from the Stones, Bjornulf

Thanks

jeroen

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 3, 2013 12:11

Sorry, but I can´t share the excitement if they really do not
plan to play mainland Europe.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2013 14:44

i understand you TooTough. at first i was pissed off,that they dont hit Amsterdam.
but i understand the Stones, all the travelling wears them out.

so, i made the decision to go to London and have a great time at, hopefully, the Hard Rock calling show. At least, ithink they will play there.

Maybe they will visit the mainland of Europe at a later stage, or in 2014.

Anyway, maybe you change your mind and you will also go to one of the UK shows. If not, i hope you will enjoy the coming spring and summer.

jeroen

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 3, 2013 15:16

A couple of days ago I wrote you an answer in my thread 'Thread "Stones losing sympathy?" was removed...'
But that thread was also removed and cannot be reached again!
You gave hints about Toronto and my reply was that this year again it's a nice place to be when the days get longer...
And that it was also hard for me to decide where to go this spring/summer....Amsterdam, Paris or Barcelona or...I also could go to...going where the water tastes like wine...
jump in the water, stay drunk all the time
yeah I'm going up the country!

So that one was removed... Next thing I see a day later is bv's news about G'bury so he probably wanted to bring the news himself!

You are leaving for the outdoors I guess?
Catch you later milady!
smiling smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 3, 2013 15:33

I just can´t understand that i.e. A´dam, Paris or Berlin
are not even taken into consideration. Where´s the
point not to play let´s say 4 shows in mainland Europe?

I would like to see those (who already had G. tickets)
getting a Stones show: mostly young festival goers.
Now Stones fans will buy festival tickets on ebay?
Please not.

If there are more UK shows, Im available from June 21st
onwards.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-03 15:40 by TooTough.

Date: March 3, 2013 15:40

tatters
gotdablouse
This is looking more and more like a farewell tour.

The farewell tour was 2005-2007. What we're seeing now is the Stones following McCarteny's lead and sporadically playing a few selected shows here and there. Macca's been doing this since 2006 and it's something the Stones might still be able to do for at least several more years. We probably won't know which show is the last show until after it's happened, when, in the natural course of human events, something happens that makes it abundantly clear that there can never be any more Rolling Stones concerts, and that the most recent one was the last one.

Correct. No more tours like that.
And yes: "We probably won't know which show is the last show until after it's happened.."

Date: March 3, 2013 15:59

Dreamer
A couple of days ago I wrote you an answer in my thread 'Thread "Stones losing sympathy?" was removed...'
But that thread was also removed and cannot be reached again! angry smiley
You gave hints about Toronto and my reply was that this year again it's a nice place to be when the days get longer...grinning smiley
And that it was also hard for me to decide where to go this spring/summer....Amsterdam, Paris or Barcelona or...I also could go to...going where the water tastes like wine...grinning smiley
yeah I'm going up the country! grinning smiley

So that one was removed... Next thing I see a day later is bv's news about G'bury so he probably wanted to bring the news himself!

Catch you later milady!
smiling smiley

Hi Dreamer!! I was just about to start a thread saying "Hey Dreamer, Where Are You?". Happy to see you here now.

OK, here's the deal:

- I'm leaving for "up North" this Thursday

- shall live there until about end-October

- BUT, I'LL COME BACK TO TORONTO WHEN I NEED TO BE HERE (get what I mean)........waiting for BV to announce it!!

- if I get banned for this, well so be it......it DOES seem that if the info doesn't come from BV, it's dismissed by all and sundry

- there's nothing we insiders can do about that at this site!

- again, if I get banned for this post......I wish you well and I'll be thinking of you (I got banned a few years ago for having a picture of Patti and Keith laying on the grass. Patti was topless but NOTHING was visible!!)

- that's a real shame because I'LL KNOW much info LATER TODAY!

I placed smilies beside your info as a comment!!

PS. WHO ARE INSIDERS? Insiders do NOT have to line up in the rain/fog/snow/heat/cold/sleet to get into a venue. Insiders do NOT shake hands with Ronnie through a car window.

Insiders get right into reharasals by a car/van provided by the Stones!. We KNOW all of the principals. We get info early. We are asked to ONLY hint at venues/private gigs UNTIL the Stones themselves spill the beans. We don't have websites. We DO have some parasites but we are quick to dismiss them. On and on.........

Now........waiting to get banned and for this post to disappear!!

smoking smiley

Posted by: NoStoneAlone ()
Date: March 3, 2013 16:08

It's not really the show, in my mind, it's who shows up.

The additions of Mick Taylor and Bill "Dance, Bill, Dammit" Wyman to the recent shows caused me to pay and watch the event on cable. Not otherwise.

In my humble opinion, the set list was just a regurgitating of greatest hits, with a couple of interesting sprinkles, but certainly nothing to write home about. This could have easily been a show from a decade ago. Grrr is just another lick.

I'd like to see 2-3 acoustic numbers, Keith can get out his 12 string like he did on Shine a Light for "As Tears Go By". Beautiful. How about Moonlight Mile, how about Memory Motel. Shiite, how about "Sitting on a Fence" or Richard's love of country - some stuff from Beggar's Banquet? Ha, "Country Honk".

Taylor could smoke the house with "Love in Vain".

They have so many greater songs than their greatest hits list. So many more.

Remember the riots at Boston Garden in November 1969, waiting to get in, two shows before Altamont?

I'm concerned about my excitement level, here.

Date: March 3, 2013 16:33

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
But that thread was also removed and cannot be reached again! angry smiley
You gave hints about Toronto and my reply was that this year again it's a nice place to be when the days get longer...grinning smiley
And that it was also hard for me to decide where to go this spring/summer....Amsterdam, Paris or Barcelona or...I also could go to...going where the water tastes like wine...grinning smiley
yeah I'm going up the country! grinning smiley

Catch you later milady!
smiling smiley

Hi Dreamer!! I was just about to start a thread saying "Hey Dreamer, Where Are You?". Happy to see you here now.

OK, here's the deal:

- I'm leaving for "up North" this Thursday

- shall live there until about end-October

- BUT, I'LL COME BACK TO TORONTO WHEN I NEED TO BE HERE (get what I mean)........waiting for BV to announce it!!

- if I get banned for this, well so be it......it DOES seem that if the info doesn't come from BV, it's dismissed by all and sundry

- there's nothing we insiders can do about that at this site!

- again, if I get banned for this post......I wish you well and I'll be thinking of you (I got banned a few years ago for having a picture of Patti and Keith laying on the grass. Patti was topless but NOTHING was visible!!)

- that's a real shame because I'LL KNOW much info LATER TODAY!

I placed smilies beside your info as a comment!!

PS. WHO ARE INSIDERS? Insiders do NOT have to line up in the rain/fog/snow/heat/cold/sleet to get into a venue. Insiders do NOT shake hands with Ronnie through a car window.

Insiders get right into reharasals by a car/van provided by the Stones!. We KNOW all of the principals. We get info early. We are asked to ONLY hint at venues/private gigs UNTIL the Stones themselves spill the beans. We don't have websites. We DO have some parasites but we are quick to dismiss them. On and on.........

Now........waiting to get banned and for this post to disappear!!

smoking smiley

Have a very good time "up North" milady! Can you still use 'the interweb' there?
I told you before I'm an outsider now smiling smiley and don't have plans to join so you have to get in that van without me smiling smiley
But who knows I will surprise myself and show up...
It surprised me from day one that iorr just had a few insiders (as you describe correctly!) but I always knew you are one. And the best, regarding your info. The nicest anyway! winking smiley

Have fun milady!
D.

Date: March 3, 2013 17:09

To Dreamer:

YES!! I'm taking my laptop "up North" with me on Thursday. My car is already there!!

I'm also sort of an "outsider" now because I will not attend every show and mingle backstage. That's my choice!! That said, I still am 'part of the entourage' and I'll receive info later today (Monday overseas!!).

I'll keep you posted here regarding shows (and vans!!) across the pond.

I also KNEW you were part of the 'inside group' from the moment you posted.hot smiley (Takes one to know one?)

I'll be posting here unless I get banned for speaking the truth. God forbid I should post that pic of Patti and Keith again.

Sending you good vibes.............

smoking smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 3, 2013 17:16

Cocaine Eyes
I'll be posting here unless I get banned for speaking the truth.

If you're not getting banned, you're just not trying hard enough. And it's not that hard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home