Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: February 27, 2013 01:36

GravityBoy
US?

What about the rest of us?

As I posted several days ago on the other 2013 Tour thread....Looks like I may be right.

Not sure why they would waste their time in the UK. Much more money and notoriety to be made in the US. Besides they aren’t capable of a major world tour, so I suspect they will play US, Toronto, Berlin, Mexico City, Sao Palo, Latvia and Hockenheim.

smileys with beer

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: February 27, 2013 03:57

Thank you, bv, I always look forward to your good information. I live on the east coast and am finishing up my first year teaching.....really looking forward to my first summer off....maybe fly out to a show in CA and take a leisurely road trip home.....i am checking for updates....thanks again! i know time waits for no one - am just happy that they are even considering entertaining us again!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 27, 2013 07:59

L.A., lets hope so....then I'll have some party hosting to do!!!..(that's IORR get-togethers).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 08:08 by BluzDude.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:32

The Stones had yesterday a Band Meeting in London to plan their Tour for 2013.
Let`s get ready for the Tour...
smileys with beer

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:07

bv
I am surprised to see that many people don't see the reality here. How many other bands in this world are 70 years or older age average and perform stadium or arena tours? I don't know of any.

When the Stones go on stage again we have to face the fact that the time is not on their side for many shows or many tours anymore. But we are so lucky to have them doing some more shows still.

If you have a relative age 70 ask yourself if this relative would be able to travel around the world for months and stand on a stage for two ++ hours. With half a dozen or so others same age. That is the reality.

I don't say it is a big problem. I race against people age 70 who are faster than me uphill, cross country etc, but they are pretty unique...
Well if you know them then you see the fact that these guys are feeling their age. That's why it's so silly to criticize the set list at this point in time, they will do what they're most capable of doing. I play in a band and I'm 50, true I have no road crew but I am beat after a two hour set and I run 2 to 3 miles every other day and lift at a gym. These guys have 20 years on me and more miles than a checker cab to boot. I'm happy they are all well enough to try and pleased they love their music as much as we do. I'd suggest a shorter differently paced show but they're not interested in evolving at this point (soul) surviving is enough for them and plenty for me as well.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 27, 2013 10:15

NedKellyBandit
The Stones had yesterday a Band Meeting in London to plan their Tour for 2013.
Let`s get ready for the Tour...
smileys with beer

How do you know this??

jeroen

Date: February 27, 2013 10:32

DoomandGloom
bv
I am surprised to see that many people don't see the reality here. How many other bands in this world are 70 years or older age average and perform stadium or arena tours? I don't know of any.

When the Stones go on stage again we have to face the fact that the time is not on their side for many shows or many tours anymore. But we are so lucky to have them doing some more shows still.

If you have a relative age 70 ask yourself if this relative would be able to travel around the world for months and stand on a stage for two ++ hours. With half a dozen or so others same age. That is the reality.

I don't say it is a big problem. I race against people age 70 who are faster than me uphill, cross country etc, but they are pretty unique...
Well if you know them then you see the fact that these guys are feeling their age. That's why it's so silly to criticize the set list at this point in time, they will do what they're most capable of doing. I play in a band and I'm 50, true I have no road crew but I am beat after a two hour set and I run 2 to 3 miles every other day and lift at a gym. These guys have 20 years on me and more miles than a checker cab to boot. I'm happy they are all well enough to try and pleased they love their music as much as we do. I'd suggest a shorter differently paced show but they're not interested in evolving at this point (soul) surviving is enough for them and plenty for me as well.

They did a fantastic Lady Jane in London. Out Of Control was superb as well.

I'm happy with a few surprises, and maybe a little change in where the warhorses ar in the set list - Maybe some easy changes in arrangement for the warhorses?

In December, for instance, Keith was playing parts of the Ya Yas-riff on SFTD during the verses. A minor thing like that became a huge improvement for the song, imo.

Date: February 27, 2013 11:42

Maybe the Festival Torhout Werchter, or Hyde park???
i do hope they will have a pit, im not gonna go and see them as puppets from 3 miles distance.

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 11:42 by corriecas.

Date: February 27, 2013 12:27

How do you know this??

jeroen

Ulli Schroeder talked yesterday with Ronnie Wood.

Date: February 27, 2013 12:43

yeah, hardly a band meeting i think

jeroen

Date: February 27, 2013 12:52

GADAWG
GravityBoy
US?

As I posted several days ago on the other 2013 Tour thread....Looks like I may be right.

Not sure why they would waste their time in the UK. Much more money and notoriety to be made in the US. Besides they aren’t capable of a major world tour, so I suspect they will play US, Toronto, Berlin, Mexico City, Sao Palo, Latvia and Hockenheim.

smileys with beer

And.....AMSTERDAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEROEN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 27, 2013 13:02

I'm not sure why everyone is excited about mega festivals, these places are even worse than stadiums to catch a show right? I mean if it pumps up their ego to play Glastonbury enough to play other shows, fine, but that's it.

@bv - yeah they're old, but they've always maintained the illusion that they weren't, look at Mick at the Trabendo or the O2, he behaved like he was about 35...or less! Also they said, at least Mick did that they would never announce a farewell tour...I think that's why everyone has a hard time coming to terms with the fact that it's going to stop sooner rather than later...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 20:59 by gotdablouse.

Date: February 27, 2013 13:14

well, id rather not go to a festival show, i agree..
but when there is no other choice to see them in Europe.

well, then i just have to go

jeroen

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 27, 2013 14:28

GADAWG
GravityBoy
US?

To good to be true. smiling smiley Unfortunately there is no purchasing power in Latvia. They would have to play a free concert to fill up the Song Festival Grounds of Riga.

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: February 27, 2013 14:59

Why so much bitching? You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. That they are going to tour is wonderful. Hopefully they will make it to enough different places that they can please as many of their fans as possible. Just the thought of them out touring so that I can seem them again is putting a great smile on my face and giving me some SATISFACTION!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 27, 2013 15:01

Edith Grove
DoomandGloom
Mayor Bloomberg tried to have keith and Ron arrested once.

Bloomberg would limit beer sales to seven-ounce Miller Ponies, one per person each transaction.

Not Cohl.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 27, 2013 15:22

NedKellyBandit

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 27, 2013 15:23

JiminNB
Just the thought of them out touring so that I can seem them again is putting a great smile on my face

Same here smiling bouncing smiley

-------------------

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: February 27, 2013 15:33

Great news,really looking forward to this tour .Keep on Rocking,The Stones will live forever...Yeah baby...smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 16:16 by TMONTANA.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 27, 2013 16:06

It would be nice if people would respect BV's wish and keep the ticket price complaints to that thread.

I am really excited about the guys touring, especially since I usually have the summers off. I don't think I can make it to the west coast shows, but if they do a few cities on the east coast of US, then I am there. Hoping for DC area and maybe Atlanta. Hope to see and meet a few more IORRians too!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 27, 2013 16:48

NedKellyBandit
How do you know this??

jeroen

Wasn't that just tea at the Savoy? Not a real "meeting", methinks.

Date: February 27, 2013 16:54

Cocaine Eyes
NedKellyBandit
How do you know this??

jeroen

Wasn't that just tea at the Savoy? Not a real "meeting", methinks.

smileys with beer
right on.

jeroen

Date: February 27, 2013 17:02

Yesterday the Stones had a Band meeting in London. After the meeting Ronnie met Ulli and told him, that the Stones will go on Tour. He didn`t say when the Tour starts and he didn`t say in which cities the Stones will play.
But the Tour will start this summer - this is the same BV told us on sunday.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 27, 2013 17:06

NedKellyBandit
Yesterday the Stones had a Band meeting in London. After the meeting Ronnie met Ulli and told him, that the Stones will go on Tour. He didn`t say when the Tour starts and he didn`t say in which cities the Stones will play.
But the Tour will start this summer - this is the same BV told us on sunday.

OK, I missed the part where BV told us that there was a band meeting in London. My bad................smoking smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 27, 2013 17:27

latebloomer
It would be nice if people would respect BV's wish and keep the ticket price complaints to that thread.

Where do we complain about food, though???

Date: February 27, 2013 18:50

GRNRBITW
latebloomer

It would be nice if people would respect BV.

-------------------

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 27, 2013 19:12

gotdablouse
I'm not sure why everyone is pumped up about mega festivals, these places are even worse than stadiums to catch a show right? I mean if it pumps up their ego to play Glastonbury enough to play other shows, fine, but that's it.

@bv - yeah they're old, but they've always maintained the illusion that they weren't, look at Mick at the Trabendo or the O2, he behaved like he was about 35...or less! Also they said, at least Mick did that they would never announce a farewell tour...I think that's why everyone has a hard time coming to terms with the fact that it's going to stop sooner rather than later...

Festivals are the worst. Never again.

Date: February 27, 2013 19:12

GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Obviously, in the same thread. Hence "Other things" winking smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 27, 2013 19:37

Rolling Hansie
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

It would be nice if people would respect BV.

you can't always get what would be nice

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 27, 2013 19:38

71Tele
gotdablouse
I'm not sure why everyone is pumped up about mega festivals, these places are even worse than stadiums to catch a show right? I mean if it pumps up their ego to play Glastonbury enough to play other shows, fine, but that's it.

Festivals are the worst. Never again.

I am completely worn out and hurting all over after a day at a small community festival. I don't think I will be attempting a multi-day major festival again regardless of who is playing.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home