Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 5, 2013 19:28

Harm
angee
Any chance they will play in or near Amsterdam? I would love to see them there just once.

Why Amsterdam? That means the Arena

I've always wanted to see them in A'Dam. I did hear those acoustics were terrible though.
is there any other place to play in the vicinity, or where's the closest?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 5, 2013 19:43

Stones2005
When are we going to get tour dates??
What is taking so long? I have to put my holidays in at work.
I'm sure others are waiting to put their holidays in at work too.

Tour dates? At the last possible moment, as always. smoking smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 5, 2013 20:02

Shebeening: the act of repeated bragging of ones connection to the Stones' inner circle.

Date: March 5, 2013 20:18

GumbootCloggeroo
Shebeening: the act of repeated bragging of ones connection to the Stones' inner circle.

We call it "BarneyFife-ing" in my neighborhood.

A day without Fife, is a day without life.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 5, 2013 20:42

To clarify, Shebeen was what it was called in 2002
I believe on the last tour it was called Rattlesnake Inn.
Don't know what it's called now.
And no, I'm not...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 5, 2013 21:03

bye bye johnny
Scratch HRC from the rumors list.

[www.hardrockcalling.co.uk]

So that leaves the Hyde Park events then...and some much more exciting stuff I recently heard about, hope that pans out!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 5, 2013 23:48

andrewt
the last tour it was called Rattlesnake Inn

Correct

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 5, 2013 23:56

andrewt
And no, I'm not...

Warhorse Inn?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2013 00:00

angee
Harm
angee
Any chance they will play in or near Amsterdam? I would love to see them there just once.

I've always wanted to see them in A'Dam. I did hear those acoustics were terrible though.

Ziggodome Amsterdam, capacity 15000
Far better than the Arena.

jeroen

Date: March 6, 2013 00:02

ps like BV stated the Stones wont play Mainland Europe,
so why talk about Amsterdam....

jeroen

Date: March 6, 2013 00:05

angee

Ziggodome Amsterdam, 15000 capacity.

good place for a show, but Jagger has not read my posts about this place it seems.

Jeroen

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 6, 2013 00:15

uhbuhgullayew
andrewt
And no, I'm not...

Warhorse Inn?
Dew Drop Inn?

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 00:52

Anyone else seriously disheartened by the fact that the only shows in Europe, and perhaps the last ones there, ever, will be for a festival gig for which tickets are sold out, and a huge, impersonal outdoor event ? I know I don't want to travel, even from Paris, for any of that.

Date: March 6, 2013 01:27

sweetcharmedlife
uhbuhgullayew
andrewt
And no, I'm not...

Warhorse Inn?
Dew Drop Inn?
Dew Drop A Thousand

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 6, 2013 04:36

angee
Harm
angee

Many years ago, it had a reputation as the worst live concert venue. Probably because of the high, hard roof, the echo was very loud (depending on where you were standing, of course). In 2006, they made improvements to the acoustics at the Arena, but I went to a show there, and the acoustics were still fairly poor, although not unbearable. I wonder if it might sound better if they left the roof open?

Anyway, they could play Roskilde or Gothenburg, no?

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 6, 2013 05:17

Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Staples Center seems like a lock because people out there are used to (have no problem) paying huge money for Lakers games and would probably not blink at paying up to sell out 3-5 Stones shows, especially if they "sell it" as a limited tour.

smileys with beer Jack will be there FOR SURE.

Can't remember the show or what DVD it's on, but there's footage somewhere of Jack talking about attending a Stones concert (VIP seats in a small venue) and almost having a heart attack. Apparently, it was all a little too much for him.
smiling smiley I (think I) have read, a couple of times over the years, right here on IORR where people here say they saw Jack in both LA and in Vegas dancing around like a mad man at a Stones show. Gotta love it man.

I never was an original poster of the above but I can certainly attest to seeing Jack at a number of Stones shows in the L.A. area and enjoying himself immensely over the years.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 6, 2013 05:35

GumbootCloggeroo

smileys with beer

One tour it's the Rattlesnake Lounge, next tour Shebeen, who knows what it'll be next time around.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 6, 2013 06:21

Thru and Thru
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity
tatters
Max'sKansasCity

Staples Center seems like a lock because people out there are used to (have no problem) paying huge money for Lakers games and would probably not blink at paying up to sell out 3-5 Stones shows, especially if they "sell it" as a limited tour.

smileys with beer Jack will be there FOR SURE.

Can't remember the show or what DVD it's on, but there's footage somewhere of Jack talking about attending a Stones concert (VIP seats in a small venue) and almost having a heart attack. Apparently, it was all a little too much for him.
smiling smiley I (think I) have read, a couple of times over the years, right here on IORR where people here say they saw Jack in both LA and in Vegas dancing around like a mad man at a Stones show. Gotta love it man.

I never was an original poster of the above but I can certainly attest to seeing Jack at a number of Stones shows in the L.A. area and enjoying himself immensely over the years.

Cool!... and good for you for having great seats at the shows. smileys with beer

Good ole Jack, he is THE MAN!

Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: March 6, 2013 09:24

[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

New promotion company Virgin Live, who promoted the Stone's 2012 outing that celebrated the band's 50th anniversary, are on board again. Virgin Live marked the coming together of veteran UK promoter Paul Dainty's Dainty Group and mogul Richard Branson's Virgin Group.

On previous tours, the Stones were promoted by Live Nation. The last Stones tour promoted by the mega promoter was their 2005-2007 A Bigger Bang Tour.

The Stones last played five arena shows Nov. 25 and Nov. 29, 2012 at London's O2 Arena, Dec.8 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY and Dec. 13 and Dec. 15 at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

Stay tuned for tour dates, cities and venues.

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 6, 2013 10:50

Stoneswolf

[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

New promotion company Virgin Live, who promoted the Stone's 2012 outing that celebrated the band's 50th anniversary, are on board again. Virgin Live marked the coming together of veteran UK promoter Paul Dainty's Dainty Group and mogul Richard Branson's Virgin Group.

Stay tuned for tour dates, cities and venues.

That is quite some news. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 6, 2013 13:21

why no bigger reaction on this?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 6, 2013 13:35

TheBlockbuster

Too many rumours and "announcements" like this one - not enough official backup. While the Insiders do the dance of the seven veils with dark hints and mysterious utterances, most of us Outsiders are waiting for something we can believe before we start jumping up and down...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 6, 2013 13:49

Green Lady
TheBlockbuster

Too many rumours and "announcements" like this one - not enough official backup. While the Insiders do the dance of the seven veils with dark hints and mysterious utterances, most of us Outsiders are waiting for something we can believe before we start jumping up and down...
Correct again GL, as usual.

...as I chuckle mightily at your perfect description "Insiders do the dance of the seven veils with dark hints and mysterious utterances" smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 13:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 6, 2013 14:23

Green Lady
TheBlockbuster

GL, this is correct ... and this thread is almost impossible to read, pages of quoting and speculations as usual .... this is fun, for sure, but not really interesting! The news will come on rs.com .... or not!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2013 14:34

Kasabian’s Serge Confirms Rolling Stones For Glasto?

Speaking to MTV News about Kasabian’s Hard Rock headline slot, the 32-year-old let slip about the legendary Stones finally playing the Pyramid Stage.

“I hope ours is the most talked about performance of the weekend, but that would be a miracle because The Rolling Stones are playing Glastonbury.”

[www.mtv.co.uk]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 6, 2013 14:42

Green Lady
TheBlockbuster

Too many rumours and "announcements" like this one - not enough official backup. While the Insiders do the dance of the seven veils with dark hints and mysterious utterances, most of us Outsiders are waiting for something we can believe before we start jumping up and down ...

We won't have any of that if you please. It's uncouth, undignified, and if I was in charge ... it would be banned outright !! WHAT is the world coming to .......... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 6, 2013 14:54

Actually it's pretty much playing out as expected.
Sounds like most major markets in the US and Canada will be covered off with a couple of UK dates.

So that sounds like LA, Vegas, SF, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, NYC, Philadelphia & perhaps Atlanta, something like that.

They really only need 3-4 weeks of rehearsal because let's face it 80% of the set is a given and they only need to brush up on those songs.

Given that we know rehearsals start sometime in April we can deduce the itinerary will most likely be announced in late March or by early April at the latest.

We know tickets will be very expensive so it's safe to say anyone willing to take the plunge financially should be able to get tickets to the show of their choice.

After that it's just a matter of taking a couple of days off work and shelling out for airfare/hotel to one of the big markets if you don't already live there.

Sounds pretty straightforward.

Wanna see the Stones one last time or not?

If yes then deep down you know what to do.
If not, do what the rest of us are doing and follow it vicariously on this board.

I think that neatly brings us up to date.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 6, 2013 14:58

Sums it up kinda nicely !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2013 15:51

Stoneswolf
[www.examiner.com]

The number of shows and multi-night stands sounds plausible, but the comment about arenas with pro and college sports tenants being passed over seems dubious.

Aside from the fact that college basketball seaon will be long over by May/June, arenas with mutiple sports teams routinely schedule other events in between those games.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 6, 2013 15:58

18 gigs. Here's a guess:

2 LA
2 Vegas
2 Chicago
2 Toronto
2 NY
2 Washington
2 Philly
2 Boston