Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2013 16:04

Stoneage
18 gigs. Here's a guess:

2 LA
2 Vegas
2 Chicago
2 Toronto
2 NY
2 Washington
2 Philly
2 Boston
2 Miami

If that story is accurate, there will be one-offs in some cities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 16:06 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 6, 2013 16:05

bye bye johnny
Stoneswolf
[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

The number of shows and multi-night stands sounds plausible, but the comment about arenas with pro and college sports tenants being passed over seems dubious.

Aside from the fact that college basketball seaon will be long over by May/June, arenas with mutiple sports teams routinely schedule other events in between those games.

I checked only two arenas: LA Staples, and Vegas MGM Garden Arena. both have plenty of open dates in May and June. In 2007 they did most 3 concerts in a week, means that they will be at least 6 weeks on tour. I can also assume that they take a break from East to West or vice versa.
Speculation, speculation !!!!cool smiley

Date: March 6, 2013 16:11

Many arenas have open dates now, but NBA and NHL playoffs will fill some of them.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 6, 2013 16:47

what about Europe? 2014??? Any rumors about that?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 6, 2013 16:54

Here's another guess:

3 LA
3 Vegas
2 Denver
3 Chicago
3 Boston
3 Rio de Janeiro
3 Buenos Aires

2 NY, 2 Washington, 2 Philly same market, already played

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 17:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 6, 2013 17:16

Stoneage
18 gigs. Here's a guess:

2 LA
2 Vegas
2 Chicago
2 Toronto
2 NY
2 Washington
2 Philly
2 Boston
2 Miami

16 in Vegas
2 in LA

They are the Vegas Stones after all.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:31

MononoM
what about Europe? 2014??? Any rumors about that?

Shouldn't be a problem to fit in a similar number of dates in Europe later in 2013.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:28

Kasabian's Serge confirms Rolling Stones for Glasto ??

With his band making their only UK festival appearance at Hard Rock Calling on Saturday 29th June, Serge is promising fans a night to remember at London’s Olympic Park.

Speaking to MTV News about Kasabian’s Hard Rock headline slot, the 32-year-old let slip about the legendary Stones finally playing the Pyramid Stage.

“I hope ours is the most talked about performance of the weekend, but that would be a miracle because The Rolling Stones are playing Glastonbury.”

[www.mtv.co.uk]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:13

Lien
Kasabian's Serge confirms Rolling Stones for Glasto ??

With his band making their only UK festival appearance at Hard Rock Calling on Saturday 29th June, Serge is promising fans a night to remember at London’s Olympic Park.

Speaking to MTV News about Kasabian’s Hard Rock headline slot, the 32-year-old let slip about the legendary Stones finally playing the Pyramid Stage.

“I hope ours is the most talked about performance of the weekend, but that would be a miracle because The Rolling Stones are playing Glastonbury.”

[www.mtv.co.uk]
It is decided smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:30

Yes. Jack Nicholson is a great fan indeed. I have seen him rocking in the isles. Not like a celebrity but like you and me, a die hard fan. We will see him this summer in Stones shows for sure, as long as he can go...

PS. I have also seen Johnny Depp, sitting cool in the Hollywood Bowl front rows, while we were in the stage pit having more fun of course. The Edge was there too. Many Stones fans at LA area shows usually.

About the tour this summer:

They will do approx 20 shows including 2 Philly, 2 LV, Glastonbury, 2 more London (not O2 but major shows), and a few other central US cities, I am just guessing LA, Chicago and Boston, their prime markets.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 22:35 by bv.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:33

bv
Yes. Jack Nicholson is a great fan indeed. I have seen him rocking in the isles. Not like a celebrity but like you and me, a die hard fan. We will see him this summer in Stones shows for sure, as long as he can go...

They will do approx 20 shows including 2 Philly, 2 LV, Glastonbury, 2 more London (not O2 but major shows), and a few other central US cities, I am just guessing LA, Chicago and Boston, their prime markets.

1 Westvleteren for you, BV

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:35

bv

Any possibility of Washington DC, Atlanta, or NYC area again?

Date: March 6, 2013 22:37

Harm

Belgium beer? For that I am ready for almost anything. Any day. Chimay!

Bjornulf

Date: March 6, 2013 22:41

bv
Harm

Belgium beer? For that I am ready for almost anything. Any day. Chimay!

Belgian AND voted several times best beer in the world. I had one today

Date: March 6, 2013 22:46

By the way, only USA and Glastonbury+London this time around. Be prepared to travel. They will do the shows block by block. That is the right way to do it when they are at this stage. After these 20 or so shows they will of course look into more shows, but do not count on it. Anybody can easily travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London. That is where they started, that's a great place to see the Stones. And if you live in USA then hop on the Greyhound or Amtrak or a cheap fligh. This is the time for the Stones. Make space in your calendar, and see you on tour!

PS. No mainland Europe shows, and don't blame me, I don't manage the Stones. Also I see a very good reason. There are very few arena stages that can take 15,000 - 20,000 people in Europe, but I do know Bercy want them for multiple shows, so may be later...

Bjornulf

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:51

bv
By the way, only USA and Glastonbury+London this time around. Be prepared to travel. They will do the shows block by block. That is the right way to do it when they are at this stage. After these 20 or so shows they will of course look into more shows, but do not count on it. Anybody can easily travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London. That is where they started, that's a great place to see the Stones. And if you live in USA then hop on the Greyhound or Amtrak or a cheap fligh. This is the time for the Stones. Make space in your calendar, and see you on tour!

PS. No mainland Europe shows, and don't blame me, I don't manage the Stones. Also I see a very good reason. There are very few arena stages that can take 15,000 - 20,000 people in Europe, but I do know Bercy want them for multiple shows, so may be later...[/quote

What about Canada? I cant see them missing Toronto..they love that city.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:55

bv
This is the time for the Stones. Make space in your calendar, and see you on tour!

smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:34

daytime
[

If they are doing 20 shows, one of them will be Toronto for sure!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:37

daytime
bv

PS. No mainland Europe shows, and don't blame me, I don't manage the Stones. Also I see a very good reason. There are very few arena stages that can take 15,000 - 20,000 people in Europe, but I do know Bercy want them for multiple shows, so may be later...[/quote

Ziggodome Amsterdam holds 15000 pople and is great
jeroen

Date: March 6, 2013 23:43

Jeroen,
just go to London

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:44

Harm, im gonna go to London. Are you

Jeroen

Date: March 7, 2013 00:58

corriecas

Jeroen
Most probably

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 7, 2013 01:01

Harm
corriecas

Jeroen
Most probably

Most definitely I reckon Harm! ;-)
Ben.

Date: March 7, 2013 01:13

2013 Glastonbury Festival tickets: Limited number of tickets to be released for sale

A limited number of weekend tickets for this year’s Glastonbury Festival will go on sale next week, before the main national resale in April.

But you will have to live locally or be friend or a family member of someone living in a handful of parishes close to the Festival's Worthy Farm site in order to get your hands on one.

[www.thisissomerset.co.uk]

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: March 7, 2013 01:39

Any shows in Phoenix?

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: March 7, 2013 01:43

Great - London in 2013!

Thank you very much BV.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 7, 2013 01:47

Bjornulf, do you have any idea when the announcement is coming out?

Thanks for all the info so far.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: March 7, 2013 02:36

these 2 London shows will be in july?

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: March 7, 2013 03:44

Exciting! Thank you bv!!

Re: Exclusive: Rolling Stones to mount 18-concert tour this spring
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 7, 2013 03:45

bye bye johnny
Stoneswolf
[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are mounting a 2013 late spring North American arena tour that will total 18 concerts with multiple-night stands in some cities. On this round of tour dates, arenas with professional and college sports commitments are likely to be sitting on the sidelines

The number of shows and multi-night stands sounds plausible, but the comment about arenas with pro and college sports tenants being passed over seems dubious.

Aside from the fact that college basketball seaon will be long over by May/June, arenas with mutiple sports teams routinely schedule other events in between those games.
NBA and NHL regular season will be over in April and only a small number of teams will still be playing in June.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home