Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: March 8, 2013 21:31

TheGreek
how about msg!!!!!!!!

I hope they come back to the New York Metropolitan Area but that was the only area they toured last year (in the states) and may be last in line- but then again I can't see them doing a tour in the U.S. and not having at least one New York area show.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 8, 2013 22:17

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Just tossing this thought into the mix. Does Jagger want to be touring near/on his birthday? Does he want to wake up to headlines that will (no doubt) go like this:

THE ROLLING STONES PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE LAST NIGHT IN SPITE OF THE AGING MICK JAGGER WHO TURNED 70 YESTERDAY!

I'd be more inclined to think that Mick wants all of this done and dusted prior to 26th July, 2013.

Merely my humble opinion......smoking smiley

I think there's a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I also think that's part of what drives Jagger, the disbelief of how athletic and agile he is at his age.

I actually think he'd look forward to that headline.

Good observation!

Date: March 8, 2013 22:31

Cocaine Eyes
There is indeed a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I hope you're right about Jagger liking the idea.......this time!

How's things in the Canadian newsroom...?
No Quebec summer festival for the boys?
For Europe it's just Glasto, Hyde Park and/or Knebworth so it looks like at the moment.
Maybe they will do Amsterdam and Paris later after South America...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2013 22:34

TooTough
I think this important thread is full of bvllshit.

takes one to know one...or something

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 8, 2013 23:13

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
There is indeed a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I hope you're right about Jagger liking the idea.......this time!

For Europe it's just Glasto, Hyde Park and/or Knebworth so it looks like at the moment.

The Quebec City festival is still in the picture (Plains Of Abraham).

Glasto is all but confirmed by an 'official' announcement.

If I had to place bets (on Kentucky Derby Day!!) I'd say they'll play Quebec City.

Also, if I had to place bets, I'd say Hyde Park is a "likely" as well as Glasto.

The Canadian & USA cities I'd bet on are:

Toronto (of course!!)grinning smiley
Boston
NYC
Vegas
LA
Chicago

How many times each - here's my guess:

Toronto x 2
Boston x 2
Vegas x 3
LA x 2
Chicago x 2

Total = 11

To fill in the North American list, I'd say:

Vancouver x 1
Quebec City x 1 (Plains Of Abraham)
Montreal x 2 (possibly only 1???????)

Total now = 14/15????????????

To add up to 18, I'd say some surprise, small gigs x 3.

Where might the small gigs be?

Toronto x 1
Chicago x 1
NYC x 1

Total now = 18.

That's just my take on the 'local news'..............

smoking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2013 23:17

"An official announcement is expected later this month."

Rolling Stones to Play ‘Fewer Than 20’ U.S. Dates in First Half of 2013: Multiple Sources

By Ray Waddell, Nashville | March 07, 2013 5:46 PM EST

It never seemed likely that the Rolling Stones would crank up their touring machine for fewer than half a dozen shows and, as predicted, the Stones will tour North American arenas in the first half of this year, multiple sources tell Billboard.biz. An official announcement is expected later this month.

Though other promoters made a run at the Stones, Australian promoter Paul Dainty and Virgin Music will promote the shows, the same team that presented the band’s 50th Anniversary shows late last year at the O2 in London, Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Those five shows grossed a total of $38,687,010 and sold 73,702 tickets.

At this point, it seems that fewer than 20 dates will be played in North America.

Whatever they do and whenever they play, the Rolling Stones remain one of the most in-demand acts in history, and on a per-show basis will almost surely be the highest grossing tour of the year. At press time the Stones and Dainty had not responded to Billboard.biz’s requests for comment. Stay tuned.

[www.billboard.com]

Date: March 8, 2013 23:22

^^^^^^^^^ The post just above places my bets at 15 - 18 shows a possiblity.

Thanks.
CE

Date: March 9, 2013 00:11

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes

The Quebec City festival is still in the picture (Plains Of Abraham).

Glasto is all but confirmed by an 'official' announcement.

If I had to place bets (on Kentucky Derby Day!!) I'd say they'll play Quebec City.

Also, if I had to place bets, I'd say Hyde Park is a "likely" as well as Glasto.

The Canadian & USA cities I'd bet on are:

Toronto (of course!!)grinning smiley
Boston
NYC
Vegas
LA
Chicago

How many times each - here's my guess:

Toronto x 2
Boston x 2
Vegas x 3
LA x 2
Chicago x 2

Total = 11

To fill in the North American list, I'd say:

Vancouver x 1
Quebec City x 1 (Plains Of Abraham)
Montreal x 2 (possibly only 1???????)

Total now = 14/15????????????

To add up to 18, I'd say some surprise, small gigs x 3.

Where might the small gigs be?

Toronto x 1
Chicago x 1
NYC x 1

Total now = 18.

That's just my take on the 'local news'..............

smoking smiley

Thank you milady!
NYC might not be on the list, not for just a small gig.
Maybe something small in Vegas or LA instead of that.
Maybe Washington instead of Boston.

Not the farewell shows.
But we know the pattern for future gigs: nothing like the tours as we knew them.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 9, 2013 00:31

Dreamer
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Just tossing this thought into the mix. Does Jagger want to be touring near/on his birthday? Does he want to wake up to headlines that will (no doubt) go like this:

THE ROLLING STONES PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE LAST NIGHT IN SPITE OF THE AGING MICK JAGGER WHO TURNED 70 YESTERDAY!

I'd be more inclined to think that Mick wants all of this done and dusted prior to 26th July, 2013.

I think there's a fine tradition of birthdays on the road. I also think that's part of what drives Jagger, the disbelief of how athletic and agile he is at his age.

Good observation!

Yes, that is the sole remaining challenge for Mick as a Rolling Stone--still performing at a level in a band situation that is unheard of for their age. It satisfies Mick's need for new horizons, the "something that's never been done before" element of what drives a creative artist. The Stones will continue on as a performing entity, but for new songs/creative projects, Mick finds those challenges outside The Stones these days.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 9, 2013 00:41

predictions

1. SF/SJ
2/3 Los Angeles
4/5 Las Vegas
6/7 Chicago
8/9 Philadelphia
10 Washington DC
11 Atlantic City
12 Dallas
13/14 Boston
15 Hartford
16/17 Toronto
18 Quebec City

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 9, 2013 00:45

'May 2nd is the launch day'

Rolling Stones Planning 18 North American Tour Dates: Source

"May 2nd is the launch day," says another source. "I've heard West Coast cities – L.A. And Seattle. But I think they're going to do some back East as well."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 9, 2013 01:01

Cocaine Eyes
^^^^^^^^^ The post just above places my bets at 15 - 18 shows a possiblity.

Thanks.
CE

I'll bet the over.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: March 9, 2013 02:58

Harm
wineaux
Was in London in August of 2007.... saw 2 of the 3 O2 shows, as well as both of the Rolling Stones Project shows. Spent a lot of $$ that we really didn't have and I don't regret one bit of it.

Glad I live in Chicago... would be happy to get at least 1 show this next tour. Have seen them every tour since '81. Was lucky enough to see all 3 shows in 2004 (United Center, US Cellular Field and the Aragon). They've done Soldier Field numerous times. A lot of acts have been performing @ Wrigley Field, which might be a great location for the Stones. Wherever they decide to play, we'll be there!!

You were also at the Ronnie Wood and Stu concerts? There was a fan from Chicago there

We were at the Vortex and Mean Fiddler on the 20th & 22nd for Tim Ries' Rolling Stones Project gigs... Bernard, Lisa, Darryl, Michael and others were on hand to do their renditions of jazzed-up Stones songs. These shows were scheduled on the off-nights of the O2 Stones shows. Have seen them in Chicago a couple of times also... they put on a great show!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 9, 2013 06:56

wineaux
Harm
wineaux
Was in London in August of 2007.... saw 2 of the 3 O2 shows, as well as both of the Rolling Stones Project shows. Spent a lot of $$ that we really didn't have and I don't regret one bit of it.

Glad I live in Chicago... would be happy to get at least 1 show this next tour. Have seen them every tour since '81. Was lucky enough to see all 3 shows in 2004 (United Center, US Cellular Field and the Aragon). They've done Soldier Field numerous times. A lot of acts have been performing @ Wrigley Field, which might be a great location for the Stones. Wherever they decide to play, we'll be there!!

You were also at the Ronnie Wood and Stu concerts? There was a fan from Chicago there

We were at the Vortex and Mean Fiddler on the 20th & 22nd for Tim Ries' Rolling Stones Project gigs ... Bernard, Lisa, Darryl, Michael and others were on hand to do their renditions of jazzed-up Stones songs. These shows were scheduled on the off-nights of the O2 Stones shows. Have seen them in Chicago a couple of times also... they put on a great show!

Curious to know what you thought of these Tim Ries Stones Project shows. I saw several of them, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vortex in London spring to mind. In the end they bored me senseless, because I fundamentally do not like jazz anyway, but also some of the renditions bore not even the slightest resemblance to the original songs. They were totally unrecognisable - in the fullest sense of the word. I ended up just seeing these gigs as largely Tim Ries merely capitalising on the Stones connection, and not particularly well or interestingly so at that. I personally would certainly never need to attend another one, that's for sure. But I'm sure some folks liked them. I did get the impression though that a fair number of people attended these shows predominantly because of the hope that one or two of the band might make an impromptu appearance, but of course it never happened.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 9, 2013 08:48

Dan
predictions

1. SF/SJ
2/3 Los Angeles
4/5 Las Vegas
6/7 Chicago
8/9 Philadelphia
10 Washington DC
11 Atlantic City
12 Dallas
13/14 Boston
15 Hartford
16/17 Toronto
18 Quebec City

Your guess is as good as any...but miss the Vancouver/Seattle/Portland area completely? I hope not.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 9, 2013 10:17

'May 2nd is the launch day'

what is the meaning of this phrase: tour start or announcement ?

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 9, 2013 11:18

I think they mean the tour start. Ronnie told the press about rehearsals in April, so this might be the time of the first tour date.

An american tour start in June would be too late if they play Glastonbury in late June. It would cause too high costs to return to the US after the festival(s) in the UK.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 9, 2013 11:37

henrik87
I think they mean the tour start. Ronnie told the press about rehearsals in April, so this might be the time of the first tour date.

An american tour start in June would be too late if they play Glastonbury in late June. It would cause too high costs to return to the US after the festival(s) in the UK.

Yep, and as there were seriously strong rumours about concerts in Las Vegas on June 7 / 14 I am expecting them to start the tour in early May at the East Coast going to the west of the US until the middle / end of June before moving to England.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 9, 2013 11:43

And today's announcement is ................................

that THERE'S NO ANNOUNCEMENT

So the wait goes on ........................................

Wait wait wait, wait wait wait ............ winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 9, 2013 13:46

With further thoughts, I still say the tour will end prior to Jagger's 70th birthday. Oh sure, those parties and cakes and all were great when he was 34, 45,50, 59 and even 65. But, as I see it, this is a whole different ball game.

My predictions: Tour starts early May and ends mid-July.

smoking smiley

As far a "huge announcement" goes......it'll be a small announcement. Gone are the days of flat-bed trucks, red Cadillacs and blimps.

They're gonna keep it sleek and simple this time.

And.....rest assured.....this will not be the last time. Just a winding down. That's their style; they're not gonna change their style at this point.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 9, 2013 14:09

Still no announcement.confused smiley
Been checking the news channels and S***t F**k A**. What a disappointment. confused smiley

Gotta hear something soon.

Will check on this site and the news channels in an hour or so. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 9, 2013 14:16

Cocaine Eyes
With further thoughts, I still say the tour will end prior to Jagger's 70th birthday. Oh sure, those parties and cakes and all were great when he was 34, 45,50, 59 and even 65. But, as I see it, this is a whole different ball game.

smoking smiley

As far a "huge announcement" goes......it'll be a small announcement. Gone are the days of flat-bed trucks, red Cadillacs and blimps.

And.....rest assured.....this will not be the last time. Just a winding down. That's their style; they're not gonna change their style at this point.

So this small tour will end in London you think?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 9, 2013 14:21

Wembley Stadium. 2 or 3 gigs July or August my guess. winking smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 14:24

stonehearted
Dreamer
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

Good observation!

Yes, that is the sole remaining challenge for Mick as a Rolling Stone--still performing at a level in a band situation that is unheard of for their age. It satisfies Mick's need for new horizons, the "something that's never been done before" element of what drives a creative artist. The Stones will continue on as a performing entity, but for new songs/creative projects, Mick finds those challenges outside The Stones these days.

And this one is even better!
It's not so much of a challenge but he really is having fun doing things like that. That's what's most important to him: just do what's great fun with people he likes for the music they make and have more or less the same attitude.

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: March 9, 2013 14:34

Still curious for the ticket price in London. Hope to see them as some sort of farewell....

BTW Bon Jovi announced a show today in Madrid (Vicente Calderon). Ticket prices 18-39 euro.... so it is possible :-)

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 9, 2013 14:56

princerupert
Still curious for the ticket price in London. Hope to see them as some sort of farewell....

BTW Bon Jovi announced a show today in Madrid (Vicente Calderon). Ticket prices 18-39 euro.... so it is possible :-)

Don't get your Bon Jovi's hopes up. Be prepared to get dissapointed concerning ticket prices

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 9, 2013 15:05

Paulywaul, I saw the Tim Ries group once in London on ABB and then later once in NYC for an even better show.
I can assure you that some of us appreciate the versions of the songs and were not there in hope of others showing up. cool smiley

I understand if you don't like that type of music. I don't care for some interpretations, such as a few of those by artists at the Carnegie Hall tribute.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 9, 2013 15:10

Dreamer
he really is having fun doing things like that. That's what's most important to him: just do what's great fun with people he likes for the music they make

Absolutely. And I think he is completely right in doing so.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 9, 2013 15:18

Harm
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

So this small tour will end in London you think?

I suspect this small tour will end with a festival......either Quebec City or Hyde Park.

And Dreamer is right, Bostonians and New Yorkers can travel to Toronto. I forgot about a city somewhere in the "middle" of the USA. Chicago for sure; possibly Washington DC. (Not sure about that, though.)

Montrealers can travel to Quebec City, too.

Date: March 9, 2013 15:26

And about Jagger continuing to leap about and run miles on stage at age 70 - I think we have to recall what Charlie said years ago: "I think we'll look silly doing this at 70".

Now, Charlie (I doubt) meant looking silly playing drums or playing guitars or playing pianos. The "silliest" one could be Jagger.

There's a hige risk in leaping about at age 70......no matter how wonderfully agile and in perfect body he is.

My thoughts only.......smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-09 15:30 by Cocaine Eyes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home