Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 11, 2013 03:19

Just read through 6 pages of this thread to find out that no one knows anything yet. Love you guys. Pumped about the most expensive warhorse tour of all time!

Date: March 11, 2013 04:33

tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
24FPS
In other words, nothing is confirmed. So....the Poll Star article was pointless. And, per usual SOP, we will hear from the Stones when the Stones want us to hear from them.

Of course there will be an announcement, but who cares? A lot of people I suppose, just not me. No new album, then what is the point?

The point is that they can make more money doing one two-hour show than they can from spending six months in the studio to make a new album.

OK then, if it's only about the money, then I am done with them, effective immediately!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 11, 2013 07:58

OK, bye then .......... have a great trip and be sure not to call back

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 11, 2013 08:07

paulywaul
paulywaul
And today's announcement is ................................

that THERE'S NO ANNOUNCEMENT

So the wait goes on ........................................

Wait wait wait, wait wait wait ............ winking smiley

That was yesterday, but this is today

And so is this today, but it's not the same as yesterday's today, it's er ......... todays today. It's all getting very confusing, but the point is, there still no announcement today !!

Wonder what's gonna happen tomorrow. Boy o boy is this exciting ...... hot smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 11, 2013 09:06

PeanutGallery
tatters
There are rumours about arena shows on the US west coast

In other words, a couple of shows in LA, where there are plenty of people who can afford the $2,450.00 tickets.

Tatters —

Was expecting a link somewhere to this. Front row center, under the arm pits? An event package?

Seriously, could please add a link to where this is from? Not a complaint, more curious as to the coming price structure. May need to call my mortgage broker.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

If tixs are $2,450.00 in LA, doubt I'd make it....but one never knows! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2013 10:00

I'm sure there'll be VIP tix at that price for those who want a guaranteed pit ticket. If you check the "tongue pit" threads from last year you'll see that everyone who was in it was thrilled to bits but obviously it's better if you can get in at "face"...unfortunately it wasn't easy as they must have sold about 100 tix!

Posted by: Mike99 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 10:42

News to follow

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:05

paulywaul
paulywaul
paulywaul
And today's announcement is ................................

that THERE'S NO ANNOUNCEMENT

So the wait goes on ........................................

Wait wait wait, wait wait wait ............ winking smiley

That was yesterday, but this is today

And so is this today, but it's not the same as yesterday's today, it's er ......... todays today. It's all getting very confusing, but the point is, there still no announcement today !!

Wonder what's gonna happen tomorrow. Boy o boy is this exciting ...... hot smiley

Excitement followed by disgust, followed by acceptance,followed by stress, followed by (hopefully) joy .confused smiley

Here we go again !

sc uk

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:19

JumpinJackOLantern
tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
24FPS
In other words, nothing is confirmed. So....the Poll Star article was pointless. And, per usual SOP, we will hear from the Stones when the Stones want us to hear from them.

Of course there will be an announcement, but who cares? A lot of people I suppose, just not me. No new album, then what is the point?

The point is that they can make more money doing one two-hour show than they can from spending six months in the studio to make a new album.

OK then, if it's only about the money, then I am done with them, effective immediately!]/b]

OK then, farewell!!

This whole thing amuses me greatly.

QUESTION:

Did you expect them to live in Edith Grove with Jimmy Phelge running around with underpants on his head until they are 90 years old? Aren't they allowed to make GREAT MUSIC and make some money as well?

Geez........eye popping smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:46

kahoosier
I keep reading about gae, Mick, ridiculous VS pushing the envelope , and on and on. These men are Entertainers, it what they do for a living and the life they chose, they love the adoration of the crowds. In one way or another it will continue as long as we do. Turn the lights in the other direction. Who at a some 1975 show could ever have imagined 50 and 60 year olds at the rail at a Stone's concert? Who in the sixties could have imagined being a grandmother tipsy on expensive wine at the O2 screaming and boogieing at those O2 shows last November? Gentle people I think they are our's and we are their's . probably until death do us part.
One thing for sure in this world is we all grow older together.
Doesn't matter how much money you got,it aint gonna change that.
Great when we go to gigs and we are not the oldest folks there.
Nice that our friends and family are all aging the same is great.
No one getting younger than us in our older years.
Same with your health and general physical and mental well-being.
Money can get you better health care but it can't buy you health and happiness.
That's where we are all on a level playing field when it comes to people that seem to have it all in life.
Not thinking about The Rolling Stones,Macca,Branson or people like that of course.smiling smiley

That's just my thoughts for today. winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:54

Mike99
News to follow

Is everybody ready? Everyone seems to be ready...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-11 12:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:01

I heard just in the past hour from a great source,that there is going to be an announcement about a forthcoming announcement sometime this year possibly. winking smiley

I can't wait .The suspense is getting too much for an old white haired geezer like me. eye popping smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:04

owlbynite
PeanutGallery
tatters
There are rumours about arena shows on the US west coast

In other words, a couple of shows in LA, where there are plenty of people who can afford the $2,450.00 tickets.

Tatters —

Was expecting a link somewhere to this. Front row center, under the arm pits? An event package?

Seriously, could please add a link to where this is from? Not a complaint, more curious as to the coming price structure. May need to call my mortgage broker.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

If tixs are $2,450.00 in LA, doubt I'd make it....but one never knows! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-11 15:09 by tatters.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:13

Where did this LA ticket price come from?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:19

MingSubu
Where did this LA ticket price come from?

I believe that's the amount of owlbynite's monthly mortgage payment.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:20

Cocaine Eyes
JumpinJackOLantern
tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
24FPS

OK then, if it's only about the money, then I am done with them, effective immediately!]/b]

OK then, farewell!!

This whole thing amuses me greatly.

QUESTION:

Did you expect them to live in Edith Grove with Jimmy Phelge running around with underpants on his head until they are 90 years old? Aren't they allowed to make GREAT MUSIC and make some money as well?

Geez........eye popping smiley

I would not be surprised if they would be running around with underpants on their heads when they are 90 years old...just one step from what they are doing now. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:35

Mike99
News to follow

Great First (and last) post dude.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:20

JumpinJackOLantern
tatters
JumpinJackOLantern
24FPS

OK then, if it's only about the money, then I am done with them, effective immediately!

You're just figuring this out now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-11 17:20 by andrewt.

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:34

You will probably see them at next Year's American football Super Bowl halftime.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:57

Hansie is always correct! smileys with beer

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: March 11, 2013 18:51

"Nothing important happened today"
King George III
4th July 1776

Date: March 11, 2013 20:02

thunderball
King George III
4th July 1776

I am quite sure of it, and in keeping with what is obviously by now an age old tradition, nothing important will similarly happen tomorrow. So for those of you that aren't paying attention, this means that tomorrow will have become today, and today will have become yesterday, and it'll all be just yet another day without an announcement !!

So there !!

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: March 11, 2013 20:09

It'll all be over by christmas!!!!!!! Lol

John Nicholls

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 11, 2013 20:47

Here's my semantic contribution to this thread:
Shouldn't there be an actual countdown before we can declare that there's a countdown? It's impossible to countdown if we don't know when it is that we get to the end of said countdown. Therefore, using the word countdown is incorrect.
Edit: Shouldn't this be a "countup" to the Rolling Stones 2013 Tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-11 20:59 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 11, 2013 21:19

if the ticket prices will be as high as the last few shows or nearly that high, tix should include 10 percent for charity at least. i don´t understand how this western world can dance on the vulcano and the rest of the people on this planet are starving or dying because of war etc...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 11, 2013 21:38

bluesinc.
if the ticket prices will be as high as the last few shows or nearly that high, tix should include 10 percent for charity at least. i don´t understand how this western world can dance on the vulcano and the rest of the people on this planet are starving or dying because of war etc...

I quite agree, Good one !!!!
jeroen

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 11, 2013 21:39

paulywaul
thunderball
King George III
4th July 1776

I am quite sure of it, and in keeping with what is obviously by now an age old tradition, nothing important will similarly happen tomorrow. So for those of you that aren't paying attention, this means that tomorrow will have become today, and today will have become yesterday, and it'll all be just yet another day without an announcement !!

So there !!

Same problem with the countdown to the 1792 tour:

Date: March 11, 2013 23:18

The definite proof then, we're all on a countdown to (gasp shudder) ........ nothing, so it seems !!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2013 23:35

Less than 3 months as of today. Live on stage...

Bjornulf

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 11, 2013 23:46

bv
Less than 3 months as of today. Live on stage...

>grinning smiley< Excellent. Any idea of when the official announcement will be BV?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home