Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:28

Stonesdoug saying he's heard that rehearsals would be taking place in L.A. Makes sense, guess we had our fun in Paris last year...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:45

Likely a fait accompli if the latest tour rumors are accurate.

2013 Rehearsals (Thought New Thread Was Necessary)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 14, 2013 20:21

The stickie thread is getting quite bogged down/overflowing. (If this SHOULD be in the stickie thread, I'm sure it will be moved soon!) tongue sticking out smiley

OK, I've been in contact with the Toronto people and it looks like the rehearsals will NOT be in Toronto. I didn't think so due to our cold, damp, snowy, rainy weather!

So......it NOW seems as though the rehearsals will take place on the USA west coast. I'd say LV or LA. Or, somewhere out there!

Take this info as you will.

smoking smiley

Re: 2013 Rehearsals (Thought New Thread Was Necessary)
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 14, 2013 20:26

Cocaine Eyes
OK, I've been in contact with the Toronto people and it looks like the rehearsals will NOT be in Toronto. I didn't think so due to our cold, damp, snowy, rainy weather!
I didn't realize they'd be rehearsing outside...

Date: March 14, 2013 20:29

GumbootCloggeroo
Cocaine Eyes

Cute!! They've been rehearsing outisde for many years now!! grinning smiley

Seriously, it's mostly for Jagger's voice. So he doesn't catch a chill and damage his vocal ability!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2013 20:49

GumbootCloggeroo
Cocaine Eyes
>grinning smiley<grinning smileycool smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 14, 2013 20:50

A new thread is necessary if there is NEWS. This SHOULD be in the sticky because there is no news about rehearsals.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 14, 2013 21:19

GumbootCloggeroo
Cocaine Eyes

All the kids are doing it

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 14, 2013 21:23

Munichhilton
GumbootCloggeroo
Cocaine Eyes

All the kids are doing it

>grinning smiley<

Date: March 14, 2013 21:25

Cocaine Eyes is right; not in Toronto...

Date: March 14, 2013 21:26

flacnvinyl
A new thread is necessary if there is NEWS. This SHOULD be in the sticky because there is no news about rehearsals.

confused smiley

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned".................

confused smiley

WAIT! Isn't this NEWS?? (Man, rough crowd here.) Is it only "NEWS" if BV posts it? Believe me.......I highly doubt the Rolling Stones will announce the place, time, date of their rehearsals!!

confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-14 21:30 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: March 14, 2013 21:46

Dreamer

Thanks! But......hey....."it's NOT NEWS"!!

I wonder if it'll be worth it to post clues to the rehearsal gig (if there is one) OR if that won't "be news" either.

I suppose NEWS = posted by BV or announced by the Stones!

I doubt the Stones are going to say that 'our secret rehearsal gig will be held at 8:30 pm at the XYZ Club' complete with a friggin' map to the gig!

Geez...............is it worth the candle posting info here? One really has to wonder!

smoking smiley

Date: March 14, 2013 21:55

Woooaaaahhh folks... I was just saying that if you are going to start a thread it might as well have some content. Starting a thread and saying "we don't know anything" is kindof pointless, right? I know for a fact they wont rehearse in my hometown, but I'm not starting a thread on it!

(And yes, I know, they traditionally rehearse in Toronto.)

Date: March 14, 2013 22:06

You don't get it. Insiders will not say things are definite. We wait for the Stones' camp to let info out little by little.

So, we tap dance by saying things like 'it seems as though', 'it looks like', etc.

I wish good luck to those who try to see the band coming and going from and to rehearsals in 2013. cool smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-14 22:22 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:44

Dreamer

You think it's butter - but it's not - it's Chiffon.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 14, 2013 22:53

CE, I may be wrong, but I don't think Drake's evaluation of this information had anything to do with trusting or not trusting you as a source. He said it "wasn't news," I think, because it didn't really tell him anything about when or where the rehearsals WOULD be. Reasonable people can disagree about the value of information, of course, and others might find it "newsworthy."

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 14, 2013 23:00

Cocaine Eyes
You don't get it. Insiders will not say things are definite. We wait for the Stones' camp to let info out little by little.

This is true; we do.

Date: March 14, 2013 23:02

Butter or Chiffon: in my commercial rehearsals would be in LA.
Of course you know advertising is not entirely objective.
It's a form of hearsay: not necessarily telling the truth...
But I do like forms of honesty in all sorts of advertising!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 14, 2013 23:08

As I remember ( from where I do not know) the Toronto rehearsals had to do with tax or visa issues in the US. This tour will be much shorter so that probubly does not play into the game. I would guess either LA becasue it will be a west coast tour (or at least start there) or NYC because, well, it is NYC.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2013 00:34

Yeah and also because it was the home base of Cohl and he's gone...

Stonesdoug says he heard the rehearsals would take place in L.A....makes sense, looks like we had our fun in Paris last year.

Hydepark 2013 True or only rumours
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 14, 2013 21:19

Re: Hydepark 2013 True or only rumours
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 14, 2013 21:47

I'd say close but no cigar.

Re: Hydepark 2013 True or only rumours
Date: March 14, 2013 21:57

I don't see any reason they can't do it. Wyman wont have to fly.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 15, 2013 01:10

Cocaine Eyes

What's the first rule of Stones Insider Club?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 15, 2013 01:18

bye bye johnny
What's the first rule of Stones Insider Club?

Never say that you are an insider

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 15, 2013 01:54

I wonder if the rumored May 2 start date was meant to mean the start date of rehearsals for the band and crew. That kind of goes along with what I believe Ronnie was quoted as saying a little while back where rehearsals would start at the end of April and would allow plenty of time before starting in early June as BV is hearing.
Gazza on his Rocks Off site is saying he is hearing of Philadelphia shows in late May.

Date: March 15, 2013 02:18

Halup
I wonder if the rumored May 2 start date was meant to mean the start date of rehearsals for the band and crew. That kind of goes along with what I believe Ronnie was quoted as saying a little while back where rehearsals would start at the end of April and would allow plenty of time before starting in early June as BV is hearing.
Gazza on his Rocks Off site is saying he is hearing of Philadelphia shows in late May.

By the end of June they have to fly to the UK. So around 18 shows in the US in those less then thirty days of June is a very very tight schedule.
Draw your own conclusions...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 15, 2013 02:26

Dreamer
Halup

By the end of June they have to fly to the UK. So around 18 shows in the US in those less then thirty days of June is a very very tight schedule.
Draw your own conclusions...

I'm only going by what BV has been saying where the UK dates would occur in the imddle of a US tour which would have June and July-August legs with the 3 UK dates between them.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 15, 2013 02:58

Cocaine Eyes
The stickie thread is getting quite bogged down/overflowing. (If this SHOULD be in the stickie thread, I'm sure it will be moved soon!) tongue sticking out smiley

So......it NOW seems as though the rehearsals will take place on the USA west coast. I'd say LV or LA. Or, somewhere out there!

Take this info as you will.

smoking smiley

Well, we had a good run for long time, that's for sure!
Godspeed to the Rolling Stonessmoking smiley

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: March 15, 2013 03:02

I just read somewhere that there will be a possiblity of more west coast shows not only LA/LV but now Portland, Seattle, maybe Vancouver and Toronto.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home