Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:18

Hello Daniel,

yes, last year after the O2 show I said that this could be my last Stones concert. Well, Mick and Keith will be 70 years old this year - how long could they play together and do what they do? Nobody knows. So, we should enjoy every moment when they are live on stage.
Great that you are ready too. It seems to be a very good year. Well, every year when the Stones are on Tour is a great year.

Best regards from the north of Germany, >grinning smiley<

nedkellybandit
winking smiley

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:43

SwayStones
NedKellyBandit
Great News for 2013. I want to see the Stones live again. In Europe or somewhere else. I have time to travel this year.
So, we should be ready for the next tour...
cool smiley

I have time to travel this year

Ned Kelly, is it you ? cool smiley :-)

No, someone has stolen my name..... thumbs down

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: February 26, 2013 11:03

Oh sorry,

I didn`t know that this was your name. sad smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: February 26, 2013 13:25

I am going to see them again.
No matter where, no matter when.

After what I ´ve saw at the O2 last November; I´m in!!!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 26, 2013 13:54

i am so ready to see the glimmers !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 26, 2013 15:41

marquess

Yeah and that might be a good excuse to go spend a week in California too!

Date: February 26, 2013 15:59

marquess

thumbs up

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:12

They are playing Vegas in June. That is a fact and a DONE DEAL. I know for sure.

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:13

Wait, watch and adjust expectations! Let's party!! I am looking forward to this - anticipation is starting to brew up!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:19

alhavu1
They are playing Vegas in June. That is a fact and a DONE DEAL. I know for sure.

The ghost of mickscarey! It's almost good to have you back!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:53

bye bye johnny
gotdablouse
Now who's that oscar winner who mentioned Glastonbury ?!

From a recent interview with Rodriguez, subject of Best Documentary winner "Searching For Sugar Man":

“I [was] on 60 Minutes on the 23rd [of December] and we’re going to play the Glastonbury in England, The Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac are the headliners."

[themusic.com.au]

Stones and Mac would be a dream line up for an old fart like me but it won't happen. Fleetwood Mac are touring the US while Glastonbury is on. I still have real hopes for the Stones doing it though. It would make a lot of sense. One more UK date without having to try and get 20,000 people to part with £400 again. (How many would do that twice in six months?) Plus it would be massive TV exposure introducing a whole new generation to their live performance.

Date: February 26, 2013 17:59

alhavu1

Vegas, hum...I'd rather spend some time in LA or SF, do you know anything for sure about dates there ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 18:01 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:20

ifyacantrockme
i certainly hope they can squeeze in a midwest show or two. i'm dying to experience the magic at least once more and prove to my girlfriend this band is still a force!

There's a nice big ol' stadium in St. Louis they need to play a few shows at to accomodate the Midwest. A couple of 10 day stretches without Cardinal games in mid-June and late July/early August.

Date: February 26, 2013 18:29

Would be a nice "farewell album" for the fans: The Rolling Stones - Live In Vegas!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:39

rebelrebel
bye bye johnny
gotdablouse
Now who's that oscar winner who mentioned Glastonbury ?!

From a recent interview with Rodriguez, subject of Best Documentary winner "Searching For Sugar Man":

“I [was] on 60 Minutes on the 23rd [of December] and we’re going to play the Glastonbury in England, The Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac are the headliners."

[themusic.com.au]

Stones and Mac would be a dream line up for an old fart like me but it won't happen. Fleetwood Mac are touring the US while Glastonbury is on. I still have real hopes for the Stones doing it though. It would make a lot of sense. One more UK date without having to try and get 20,000 people to part with £400 again. (How many would do that twice in six months?) Plus it would be massive TV exposure introducing a whole new generation to their live performance.

You're right about Fleetwood Mac, however the Stones at Glastonbury still seems a very real possibility. It might not even be the only UK date.

London Evening Standard has mentioned the Barclaycard British Summer Time Festival in Hyde Park.

[www.standard.co.uk]

Date: February 26, 2013 18:56

I am keeping my vacation time open. I really hope the Stones do at least a couple U.S. east coast big stadium shows in September or October (would love August but I think the Stones don't want to play outdoor shows in such heat) Looks like they will play mostly indoor arena's, which a lot of people on IORR seem to prefer. If Arena's are the case I may try to hit the MGM Grand Garden arena show in Vegas. I also really think the Stones will try to play Madison Square Garden, provided the MSG rennovations are complete by this fall, in either late November or December.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: February 26, 2013 20:25

I have heard the 7th and 14th of June at MGM. Does that sound right? I'd like to book my plane tickets now as the prices out of Philly are already getting pricey. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 26, 2013 20:31

what is the big deal with Vegas why not NY

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 26, 2013 20:34

where have I heard DONE DEAL before or the BEATELS ????

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 26, 2013 21:04

fleabitmonkey
I have heard the 7th and 14th of June at MGM. Does that sound right?

Those are the dates Robin Leach mentioned in his Las Vegas Sun column, which is where the story originated.

[www.lasvegassun.com]

Date: February 26, 2013 21:16

No new album means that they are only interested in being remembered as the greatest live rock 'n roll band of all time. Not to shabby, but a huge let down for those of us that want so much more for them. Well, I guess you can't have it all go you're way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 21:38 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 26, 2013 21:35

Ahhhh BV you make me feel Bi Polar, so happy to hear about upcoming shows and so sad to realize hopw few and final they will most likely be. So it means OT at work, savings at home, and taking no annual leave until then. But what the Hell, there is little left but the stories..."In "78 in Cleveland yada yada Then in Sydney at the Enmore..." Thanks for the information.

Date: February 26, 2013 21:41

bv
In less that four months from now The Rolling Stones are expected to be doing Part Two of their "50 and Counting" 50th anniversary tour. There are rumours about arena shows on the US west coast as well as several festival prospects.

Any word on the possible recording of a new album?

Date: February 26, 2013 21:50

alhavu1

Can't get excited over any future shows without a new album first.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: February 26, 2013 22:11

bye bye johnny
fleabitmonkey

Those are the dates Robin Leach mentioned in his Las Vegas Sun column, which is where the story originated.

[www.lasvegassun.com]
Thanks Johnny

Date: February 26, 2013 23:14

bye bye johnny
fleabitmonkey

[www.lasvegassun.com]

"Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas"

Wow that dude must be old as heck ?! Certainly gives some cred to the info...So Vegas on the 7th, little drive around the area or even to SF, back on the 14th and then home. If I can score pit tickets I'm in!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 26, 2013 23:36

bye bye johnny
fleabitmonkey

Why a week apart? when The only other concerts at the MGM in June are the 28th and 29th according to the calendar on the Official website.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2013 23:42

I am surprised to see that many people don't see the reality here. How many other bands in this world are 70 years or older age average and perform stadium or arena tours? I don't know of any.

When the Stones go on stage again we have to face the fact that the time is not on their side for many shows or many tours anymore. But we are so lucky to have them doing some more shows still.

If you have a relative age 70 ask yourself if this relative would be able to travel around the world for months and stand on a stage for two ++ hours. With half a dozen or so others same age. That is the reality.

I don't say it is a big problem. I race against people age 70 who are faster than me uphill, cross country etc, but they are pretty unique...

Bjornulf

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 26, 2013 23:50

- You mean we`re not talking `bout at least a 2013/2014 tour?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: February 26, 2013 23:58

bv
I am surprised to see that many people don't see the reality here. How many other bands in this world are 70 years or older age average and perform stadium or arena tours? I don't know of any.

When the Stones go on stage again we have to face the fact that the time is not on their side for many shows or many tours anymore. But we are so lucky to have them doing some more shows still.

If you have a relative age 70 ask yourself if this relative would be able to travel around the world for months and stand on a stage for two ++ hours. With half a dozen or so others same age. That is the reality.

I don't say it is a big problem. I race against people age 70 who are faster than me uphill, cross country etc, but they are pretty unique...

based on your analgy to running BV, we could have another 30 years of concerts ahead of us!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home