Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2013 16:14

BV already wrote he had no info about Europe, what's the point of bugging him with that? We're fortunate he's willing to share what he thinks can be disclosed, let's not push it!

gotdablouse
bv
I never said anything about Europe. In fact, as far as I know, The Rolling Stones performed in Europe less than three months ago. And I have to say one thing very clearly. Don't expect them to stop on your doorstep. If you live in Europe, then London is less than two hours flying with a budget airliner ticket. I would not say that was your last chance, in Europe, but don't save your money until all the shows are all over. There might not be hundreds, there might no be dozens. Some for sure, but not every city every country.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 16:16 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 25, 2013 16:28

He stated that...I would not say that was your last chance, in Europe,

anyway, please stck to yourself. I have not asked you, i asked Bjornulf,

so Get off my cloud. I am just very anxious to go to some good show of the band in Europe, and not Roskilde or Glastonbury.

jeroen

Posted by: TheBoss ()
Date: February 25, 2013 16:36

BV....ANY chance of Australian show(s) do you think mate?

Rgds n tks
Rod
Perth

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 25, 2013 17:50

Wake me when the Taylor/Wyman speculation begins.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2013 17:51

bye bye johnny
gotdablouse
drbryant
Ronnie mentioned that they would be starting rehearsals in April.

Where was that, I only remember a band meeting in March?

Last week at L'Wren Scott's LFW party:

Wood arrived at the party accompanied by his new wife, Sally Humphreys, a theater producer. "I have four big paintings to finish before the end of April when we start rehearsing again," said Wood, dropping a hint that The Rolling Stones might take to the road later this year, following their sell-out anniversary tour late last year.

He gave no further details - and only smiled his cheeky smile, saying that he hoped to get to the art studio at his home in Ireland to finish the artwork.

[www.wwd.com]
That's why Mick T has canceled his Aussi shows..... great news.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:00

Are you sure about this tour?????????

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:04

KeithNacho
Are you sure about this tour?????????

Are rumors ever wrong?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:24

mexico....?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:34

NedKellyBandit
Great News for 2013. I want to see the Stones live again. In Europe or somewhere else. I have time to travel this year.
So, we should be ready for the next tour...
cool smiley

I have time to travel this year

Ned Kelly, is it you ? cool smiley :-)

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:40

If this really could be the LAST TIME to see the legendary, amazing Rolling Stones, it would be worth almost anything. (Even though it will never duplicate '73 - '81.) Let's not forget how much enjoyment, good times, and most of all GREAT SONGS they've given us over the decades! (And that includes the "warhorses" many of us have taken for granted since they've played them so much...but they are GREAT SONGS.) And let's be realistic about their age. It can't go on forever. On the other hand, if tickets are really steep, I probably can't go, but they've earned the right to charge what they want. I just do hope they'll throw their non-wealthy fans a bone and offer some affordable seats even if they aren't the best seats. If they can stay in the same shape as they were for the recent shows, they may even get better as they play more. I think they'll go out surprising a lot of the critics, nay-sayers and especially..the Keith bashers. I think they're just getting warmed up for a brilliant finale! God bless the Stones! There will never be another band anything like them!
P.S....This reminds me (with great amusement) of reading a critic's statement that the Stones blew everyone away with their amazing energy given how OLD they were at a particular concert. The year was 1975 and the critic was sure it would be the last tour since they were in their *gasp* THIRTIES! Similar statements have been made on every tour since about 1969! Ha! The fools!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 18:48 by stonesdan60.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 25, 2013 19:35

latebloomer
SwayStones
Wait & See....
As bv wrote ,don't expect them to play at your doorstep .
Yes,London is only 2 hours fligh ,but it's more complicated to find an hotel & travel in a country that isn't yours ...

But can be more fun too, yes SwayStones? I wish I could travel to London, I would love to build in a real vacation around the Stones, but it's not realistic for me. So, I plan to travel to the nearest city, hopefully NYC again or close by there.

I've already been twice to London , latebloomer & I love he city .

Do you mean you have never travelled outside US ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2013 19:38

Stonesdan smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 25, 2013 20:08

New Yorkers are greedy, we want shows... Yankee Stadium would be great fun and a first for the boys...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 25, 2013 20:08

SwayStones
latebloomer
SwayStones
Wait & See....
As bv wrote ,don't expect them to play at your doorstep .
Yes,London is only 2 hours fligh ,but it's more complicated to find an hotel & travel in a country that isn't yours ...

But can be more fun too, yes SwayStones? I wish I could travel to London, I would love to build in a real vacation around the Stones, but it's not realistic for me. So, I plan to travel to the nearest city, hopefully NYC again or close by there.

I've already been twice to London , latebloomer & I love he city .

Do you mean you have never travelled outside US ?

I spent time in Europe during the late 80's, but mostly for work. I was able to see some of Rome, Venice and Florence, Nice, Lisbon, Berlin and Bonn. I never saw more than the airport in London or Paris, so I would love to visit both of those great cities.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: February 25, 2013 22:20

Hello SwayStones,

I saw the 2nd O2 Show last year and i want to seet he Stones this maybe in Rio, Buenos Aires or L.A. - maybe it`s the last time we could see them.

Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: February 26, 2013 00:09

I saw the first show 02 cost a small fortune but I must say it was worth every penny.
If the Stones want to go out at the top of there game Please give us fans what we want maybee its not possible,but this is what a fan sees as the best Stones we could see and here for the shows.
No guest spots who needs them by the way all were good and I really enjoyed them but not needed.
The lineup for full shows should be Mick Keith Ronnie Charlie Bill Mick Taylor
+ Bobby Bernard Lisa & even Chuck.
Set list
the 6 Stones should each choose 3 songs each
1 never played before maybe Down In The Hole
1 rare but played before maybee Hand Of Fate
1 warhorse of there choice maybee Lets Spend The Night Toghether
that would be 18 songs
they could add another 4 - 5 warhorses to fill the shoe
At least that way we get 6 NEW songs without having to write new stuff.
And that way Bill Charlie Ronnie & Mick Taylor get a say in the show.
Come on Mick & Keith give it some thought

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: February 26, 2013 00:10

DoomandGloom
New Yorkers are greedy, we want shows... Yankee Stadium would be great fun and a first for the boys...

agreed (the NY part, not Yankee stadium--i'm a Mets fan!), though part of me hopes they skip NYC, so i dont have to go thru all the torture of not getting thru on TM and then wondering whether or not ill be able to score (afford) tix at all. If they dont come to NY this year, I'm at peace with the first Newark show being my 20th and final Stones show.

Date: February 26, 2013 00:38

HalfNanker
DoomandGloom

agreed (the NY part, not Yankee stadium--i'm a Mets fan!), though part of me hopes they skip NYC, so i dont have to go thru all the torture of not getting thru on TM and then wondering whether or not ill be able to score (afford) tix at all. If they dont come to NY this year, I'm at peace with the first Newark show being my 20th and final Stones show.
Citi Field is ok with me... Tickets will be affordable for stadium shows. I'm not ready to call it quits..

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 26, 2013 01:00

DoomandGloom
New Yorkers are greedy, we want shows.

How about a free one? On the Great Lawn in Central Park. That I might go to.

Date: February 26, 2013 01:04

tatters
DoomandGloom
New Yorkers are greedy, we want shows.

How about a free one? On the Great Lawn in Central Park. That I might go to.
Now that would be a party!!!! Mayor Bloomberg tried to have keith and Ron arrested once.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 26, 2013 01:17

Something would have to be different. Since they seem incapable of another great album, then the setlist would have to be radically improved. I never need to hear Sympathy for the Devil live again. It's like one of those songs you heard on FM radio in the 70s that is completely driven into the ground.

No guest spots? Do you honestly want to hear just Keith Richards, at his currently level of musicianship, play all night? I know he wanted the Stones to 'wring the last of the wine from the grapes', and I think he did. I think we're finally on a noticeable downhill slope.

Never in the past did the Stones go this long without shaking up the group or the side musicians and backup singers. This can't just be 'A Bigger Bang 2' with a group 8-years older, and two songs added to their catalogue. They should have thrown in Plundered My Soul or something. Hey, I realize the casual fan, the sucker who pays $400 for a seat, wants the warhorses and wants them close to the way they sounded on those 40-45-year-old-records. And they could care less that the bass on stage is at yeoman level at best. But I care.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: February 26, 2013 01:28

DoomandGloom
HalfNanker
DoomandGloom

Citi Field is ok with me... Tickets will be affordable for stadium shows. I'm not ready to call it quits..

I'm not ready to call it quits...just accepting that will be a reality sooner than later. I like the Central Park idea though!! I didnt bother aqueezing myself in there for Simon and Garfunkel, bt I'd go this time around.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 26, 2013 02:12

DoomandGloom
Mayor Bloomberg tried to have keith and Ron arrested once.

Bloomberg would limit beer sales to seven-ounce Miller Ponies, one per person each transaction.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: February 26, 2013 03:27

bv
Mick is celebrating 70 years bithday this summer. Keith ditto later this year. This is a band with average age 70 years or so now. If you expect a lot of shows then may be you have forgotten about this.

Ticket prices:
Many here can not read. I am not interested in having this "too expensive for me" discussion here. Please respect this. Worst case I would have to close posting access to people who do not respect this very very basic request.

Rumours:
To all of you who are in it for the real updates, I will give as much info as I can without scooping myself. One of the Oscar winners tonight sort of confirmed the Stones at Glastonbury, on Mick's wish list for a long time. I will do this little by little here. Keep this summer for the Stones, if you care to see them once more live some place in the world.

I hear ya Bv, especially the part about the ticket prices. Hopefully you have gotten your point across. I am looking forward to seeing them in the U.S.

Date: February 26, 2013 04:23

RSbestbandever
bv
Mick is celebrating 70 years bithday this summer. Keith ditto later this year. This is a band with average age 70 years or so now. If you expect a lot of shows then may be you have forgotten about this.

Ticket prices:
Many here can not read. I am not interested in having this "too expensive for me" discussion here. Please respect this. Worst case I would have to close posting access to people who do not respect this very very basic request.

Rumours:
To all of you who are in it for the real updates, I will give as much info as I can without scooping myself. One of the Oscar winners tonight sort of confirmed the Stones at Glastonbury, on Mick's wish list for a long time. I will do this little by little here. Keep this summer for the Stones, if you care to see them once more live some place in the world.

I hear ya Bv, especially the part about the ticket prices. Hopefully you have gotten your point across. I am looking forward to seeing them in the U.S.
Ticket prices baloney. If you are not wealthy then you can dig up reasonable tickets... I paid about 450 bucks total and had tickets to Brooklyn and first night NJ. They were not great seats but I floated around and didn't miss a thing. Now that I'm a favorite here I'm certain I'll be invited inside the tongue this summer to dance with the French.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: February 26, 2013 05:13

i certainly hope they can squeeze in a midwest show or two. i'm dying to experience the magic at least once more and prove to my girlfriend this band is still a force!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2013 09:01

You don't need beer sales to get a great Stones show. One of my best ever Rolling Stones shows were in Wichita, Kansas, USA. It was a Sunday and they did only sell Pepsi Cola, no beer. But the crowd and the band was fantastic. They did The Wichita Linesman, a nice little bit of it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 26, 2013 09:36

bv
You don't need beer sales to get a great Stones show. One of my best ever Rolling Stones shows were in Wichita, Kansas, USA. It was a Sunday and they did only sell Pepsi Cola, no beer. But the crowd and the band was fantastic. They did The Wichita Linesman, a nice little bit of it.

It was a great show. I was there, 20th row on the field, on the center rail... and when the stage thingy came sliding out to the B stage, Mick was strumming his accoustic, singing "Let it Bleed" and when he came right by me, he looked down and returned my big smiling smiley smiley face looking upat him with his big ole grinning smiley Mick grin and smiley eyes... and I smiled even bigger back at him, and it was awesome. Corny as it sounds, that is a true story, it is all about seeing him happy that he is making us all so happy and lots of smiles... and it is that type of thing(plus others things) that makes me the Stones fan I am.

And they after my 4 previous shows on that tour of them not playing it, they finally played "Sway" for me that night, it was awesome. I have not seen them since that show (my 30th Stones show lifetime) but that great performance still fuels my Stones fanhood to this day... and it is nice to read that "THE EXPERT" agree/confirm that it was indeed a great show.

STONES!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 09:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 26, 2013 09:50

Hey "NedKellyBandit", I can't believe that these... "I have time to travel this year"... are your words!!! After the 2nd show in London last year (great memories, or?!), you sounded a bit different... but great to have you back "on board" smileys with beer.

I'm ready too!!!

Best regards from "your hometown",
Daniel

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:14

I really hope Seattle is in the intinerary for west coast shows.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home