Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: Lady Gaga
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:23

A thought:It might have been interesting if Mick wrote a new song, where lady Gaga would have shared part of the vocals.

Posted by: folke ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:50

A lot of people here would be among those who complained about the awful non talented band called The Rolling Stones if you were the same age in the sixties as today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 12:52 by folke.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:53

thumbs up

Well said folke .

She's an entertainer for Chrissakes .
She got you talking , didn't she ?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 16, 2012 14:55

She sang good - but the visuals were crackin' me up.

a wounded Zebra, hobbling sideways, always sideways is just a shot away, shot away,shot away.

bahaha

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:02

Harm
Lady Gaga was great but nobody tops Lisa Fisher on this song...

thumbs up...............Gaga - decent enough but nothing on Lisa.............

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:05

She was ok, but her acting on stage is foolish. Anyway it was better than i thought it would be.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:28

Her outfit was inpsired by Brian Jones:

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 16, 2012 15:31

Koen
Her outfit was inpsired by Brian Jones:

you think so? winking smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:04

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 17:04 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:08

She was hilarious last night, both while on stage and throughout the show dancing (and looking a little drunk).

I thought she sang well, and added an interesting 'edge' to Gimme Shelter, insofar that even Mick looked like 'this thing could end horribly wrong'.

I kept waiting for one of her spiked heels to break...amazing she could even move in those things.

Thumbs up, great choice for guest vocalist...maybe not the best performance of the tune ever, but not at all bad and I'm glad they chose her.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:17

The Stones "Shark Jumping" moment.........

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:29

1cdog
The Stones "Shark Jumping" moment.........

They've been jumping the shark to varying degrees ever since they allowed a perfume company to sponsor their 1981 tour. Gaga would hardly be the worst offense since then.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:40

That video makes her ass look huge but maybe its the stripes. She looks a lot heavier than any pics I've seen of her. Was it just the video? Mick should have wore the gorilla suit.

Date: December 16, 2012 17:46

I thought her dancing was ridiculous and hilarious. You could see even in her own "Poker Face" video that has no skill at all in that area. She's a better dancer than Elaine .... but not that much better!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 18:20 by tatters.

Date: December 16, 2012 17:51

The Sicilian
That video makes her ass look huge but maybe its the stripes. She looks a lot heavier than any pics I've seen of her. Was it just the video? Mick should have wore the gorilla suit.

Hey, Paisan! You've seen what happens to our women when they get a little older, right?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 18:41 by tatters.

Date: December 16, 2012 17:52

She was over the top, slightly out of control, but clearly very into it.

I very much appreciated her as guest. I think Florence was far more 'likeable' and Lisa better vocally, but Gaga added some uncertainty to the proceedings.

You were just never sure if she was going to crash into Mick or fall on her ass at some point.

Even Mick looked amused.

Date: December 16, 2012 17:54

tatters
The Sicilian

Hey, Paisan! You've seen what happens to our women when they get a little older, right?

I can't argue with that. The fellas get it in the belly.

Date: December 16, 2012 18:03

She is who she is. You think its easy to dance and perform in platform shoes with a spike heel and hair all over the place? I didn't mind her at all. I think Keith got thrill watching her keep Mick on his toes.

My favorite was the more conservative Florence in that red velvet outfit. She is just sexy. I still love the way she would stamp her foot and trot around on her long legs. She has a lot of appeal and she carries herself quite well. At least for that moment.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:05

Buddha66
I think Mick was at a loss for what to do next...she stole it and rocked it. It was a lot of fun to watch

I agree with you. It was really fun, I loved it.
I did't care of her before, now I know why she is so popular and was invite.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:06

She was the low point of the show for me. I did kinda like the way she made Mick Jagger sing a bit differently.

Her constant bending at the waist was like a submissive message to Mick. I was waiting for his next move.... lol peace

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:10

Lady Gaga.. yesterday's papers.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 18:21

treaclefingers
She was over the top, slightly out of control, but clearly very into it.

I very much appreciated her as guest. I think Florence was far more 'likeable' and Lisa better vocally, but Gaga added some uncertainty to the proceedings.

You were just never sure if she was going to crash into Mick or fall on her ass at some point.

Even Mick looked amused.

Me thinks she was a fabulous little firecracker. thumbs up

Date: December 16, 2012 18:54

Naturalust

Her constant bending at the waist was like a submissive message to Mick.

It was clearly a cue for Mick to simulate an outrageous act of sodomy with the intent to cause a scandal much in the manner of Britney and Madonna's kiss at the MTV show some years back. Surprised he didn't pick up on it and get behind what she was trying to do. You'd expect a performer with Mick's experience to seize a moment like that and rise to the occasion, butt somehow he missed it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 19:16 by tatters.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:59

She's clearly bonkers but quite the performer, I'll give her that.

They survived her appearance!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:45

stupidguy2
It's a dark song and Clayton's wail was just that, a wail...it gave the song that added urgency.
Gaga, I think, was trying to capture that. Say what you want about her, but she respects the music.

She may look and seem outrageous, but you take all that away - and she's a musician.
In that respect, a song like GM needs that kind of urgency, almost desperate. Because that's the mood of the song. It had lost that with Lisa's proper rendition. It's not about who the more proper singer is, but who brings some edginess to it. And in light of what happened in CT yesterday, this song needed to be real again.
I think Gaga brought the song back to its original feel and not just as a vocal exercise.

I disagree with a lot of what you write here. While I have no problem with her in general, I do have a problem with her last night. You said she respects the music.... to come out only to sing Gimme Shelter, in that ridiculous @#$%& getup was completely disrespectual to that song.

Perhaps on the video, they don't focus on her the whole time, so you can concentrate on the other players, but in the arena, unfortunately, she was too distracting. I was pulled away from the intensity of the song because my mind was going in ten different directions:
Is she going to fall?
Is her tit going to fall out?
She has nice tits.
Her face is a sweatball?
I wonder if Mick is grossed out looking at her sweaty face?
Her hair looks like it's could catch on fire.
Did she just mess up the words again?

Those and other thoughts were going through my head during most of the song. At the end of it I realized, wow, I barely even heard this song, she ruined it for me. She ruined the song with her antics, thus DISRESPECTING THE MUSIC! I came away from it angry.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:03

CindyC
to come out only to sing Gimme Shelter, in that ridiculous @#$%& getup was completely disrespectual to that song.
How should one dress in order to pay respects to that song? Should she have worn formal wear? It's a concert not a funeral! Who the f-uck cares! Close your eyes and enjoy the music.

Date: December 17, 2012 00:06

GumbootCloggeroo
CindyC
to come out only to sing Gimme Shelter, in that ridiculous @#$%& getup was completely disrespectual to that song.
How should one dress in order to pay respects to that song? Should she have worn formal wear? It's a concert not a funeral! Who the f-uck cares! Close your eyes and enjoy the music.

Why should I have to close my eyes? I went there TO SEE THE ROLLING STONES. I drove all fecking day to get there. I could have sat home and listened to my records and heard it perfectly - I wanted to see it played by my favorite band.

I'm not saying she had to wear funeral clothes, at least when Christina A. played with them, she didn't come out in her crazy garb, and I respect her for doing that.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:06

CindyC
stupidguy2
It's a dark song and Clayton's wail was just that, a wail...it gave the song that added urgency.
Gaga, I think, was trying to capture that. Say what you want about her, but she respects the music.

She may look and seem outrageous, but you take all that away - and she's a musician.
In that respect, a song like GM needs that kind of urgency, almost desperate. Because that's the mood of the song. It had lost that with Lisa's proper rendition. It's not about who the more proper singer is, but who brings some edginess to it. And in light of what happened in CT yesterday, this song needed to be real again.
I think Gaga brought the song back to its original feel and not just as a vocal exercise.

I disagree with a lot of what you write here. While I have no problem with her in general, I do have a problem with her last night. You said she respects the music.... to come out only to sing Gimme Shelter, in that ridiculous @#$%& getup was completely disrespectual to that song.

Perhaps on the video, they don't focus on her the whole time, so you can concentrate on the other players, but in the arena, unfortunately, she was too distracting. I was pulled away from the intensity of the song because my mind was going in ten different directions:
Is she going to fall?
Is her tit going to fall out?
She has nice tits.
Her face is a sweatball?
I wonder if Mick is grossed out looking at her sweaty face?
Her hair looks like it's could catch on fire.
Did she just mess up the words again?

Those and other thoughts were going through my head during most of the song. At the end of it I realized, wow, I barely even heard this song, she ruined it for me. She ruined the song with her antics, thus DISRESPECTING THE MUSIC! I came away from it angry.

Great perspective Cindy... thanks... and you made me chuckle a bit too.

btw- ignore the dweebs who are camping on this thread just waiting to pounce on anyone who does not shower gaga with glowing praise.... its kind of redonkulaous.

Date: December 17, 2012 00:11

Max'sKansasCity
Great perspective Cindy... thanks... and you made me chuckle a bit too.

btw- ignore the dweebs who are camping on this thread just waiting to pounce on anyone who does not shower gaga with glowing praise.... its kind of redonkulaous.

Hey Max, glad I could make you chuckle!

As for the pouncers, pounce away! I was hoping to have loved it, and who knows maybe if i shut my eyes I could have, but that's not the point of a live show now is it.

Date: December 17, 2012 00:11

GumbootCloggeroo
CindyC

Well, she seems to have stirred up a lot of emotion on whether you liked her or not, so...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, as far as she was concerned, and I bet as far as Mick was concerned.

I'm glad they chose her...wasn't the best version ever but it was entertaining, even to watch.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home